Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Hart Booth Fan Club

+18
riviera41797
PIMP
Kasper
treble21
Poetic_line
howie
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
ToZiKa
i_heart_bones
DBCrazy
dawnsfire
THX1138
verticallychallangedcutie
Nightowl
flyersfan35
hy6110327
kiki
Sany
22 posters

:: The IHBFC

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

I Hart Booth Fan Club - Page 7 Empty Re: I Hart Booth Fan Club

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:20 pm

The bolts be thrown and all is locked...but I fear I have nay baseball bat!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:28 pm

dawnsfire wrote:The bolts be thrown and all is locked...but I fear I have nay baseball bat!

queen
That cannot stand. 'Twere it not for the draconian firearms laws in your city and state I would demand you be armed, I've a lovely .32 that would more than do the job, but as it is a nice, heavy swinging object my Queen, or, perhaps...Renfair? Hast thou a sturdy dirk? A slim stiletto? A lady's companion perhaps?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:32 pm

I do indeed have a lovely knife, given me by my sire...but I know not where it might be found (the move, you recall?). But there is a letter opener with a sharp point--will that ease you?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:42 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I do indeed have a lovely knife, given me by my sire...but I know not where it might be found (the move, you recall?). But there is a letter opener with a sharp point--will that ease you?

queen
Hardly. *sigh* My Queen you try my soul with worry some times. A good stoute knife with a keen edge would suffice, or a nice cudgel, or barring that a fireplace poker...in fact a fireplace poker would be most agreable. Canst thou find one?

king RM

Seriously my Queen, I do worry sometimes. I keep my knives so sharp they're a hazard to the unexperienced. And e'en now there are two knives, a pistol, and a revolver all within 3' of where I sit. Of course my doors are unlocked even at night. I figure if they get past the dogs I want a fair shot at them.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:48 pm

*whistles lightly, looks up innocently* Don't think I'll tell you of all the times I walked from my grandmother's to my old apartment after 11 at night. Through the alley.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:56 pm

dawnsfire wrote:*whistles lightly, looks up innocently* Don't think I'll tell you of all the times I walked from my grandmother's to my old apartment after 11 at night. Through the alley.

queen
Right. Because I'm not gonna make that connection now. Rolling Eyes You and my cousin Dianne. You both have the crazy gene dontcha? The one that says "I can walk down this dark alley late at night and no one will bother me 'cause I know the area." You know I'll be the one having a heart attack now just thinking about that. Yeesh. Women. You guys wanna know why we die earlier? Things like this.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Yum on the pm, btw, O King! I shall get back to thee soon... (any idea what year we might be dealing with? Or which king? Does it matter? Tho I believe I shall ope a book upon clothing from years past.)

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:01 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Yum on the pm, btw, O King! I shall get back to thee soon... (any idea what year we might be dealing with? Or which king? Does it matter? Tho I believe I shall ope a book upon clothing from years past.)

queen
I'm glad you like where I took that, I think it really fits with the way you wrote the follow up. You know that's a good question about which king. I want to do something 18th century, but it could be earlier, maybe even during Cromwell? Or would that be to anachronistic?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 pm

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:*whistles lightly, looks up innocently* Don't think I'll tell you of all the times I walked from my grandmother's to my old apartment after 11 at night. Through the alley.

queen
Right. Because I'm not gonna make that connection now. Rolling Eyes You and my cousin Dianne. You both have the crazy gene dontcha? The one that says "I can walk down this dark alley late at night and no one will bother me 'cause I know the area." You know I'll be the one having a heart attack now just thinking about that. Yeesh. Women. You guys wanna know why we die earlier? Things like this.

king RM
I was careful! Unarmed, yes, but careful! I'm not such an idiot as to think I'm immune, but in my defense, the alley was better lit than my actual street (no trees), and getting to the back door (yes, I had excellent reasons for using that one) was simpler and more open and again, better lit than going around the front and walking in the gangway.

queen

*grumble* Over-protective alpha-male...
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:14 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I was careful! Unarmed, yes, but careful! I'm not such an idiot as to think I'm immune, but in my defense, the alley was better lit than my actual street (no trees), and getting to the back door (yes, I had excellent reasons for using that one) was simpler and more open and again, better lit than going around the front and walking in the gangway.

queen

*grumble* Over-protective alpha-male...
Did I say you were an idiot? Um, no. Crazy, sure, but I would never accuse a woman as erudite and intelligent as you of being anything like an idiot. However whack-a-doo crazy is a possibility. That or you just want to torture me. Granted, your description of the alley is a far cry from the dark forboding ruin filled with trash cans and smelling of whinos that I envisioned. But I'm still dressing you up like a Disney version of Little Red Riding Hood in my mind's eye.

king RM

Gonna be the death of me yet...
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:16 pm

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:Yum on the pm, btw, O King! I shall get back to thee soon... (any idea what year we might be dealing with? Or which king? Does it matter? Tho I believe I shall ope a book upon clothing from years past.)

queen
I'm glad you like where I took that, I think it really fits with the way you wrote the follow up. You know that's a good question about which king. I want to do something 18th century, but it could be earlier, maybe even during Cromwell? Or would that be to anachronistic?

king RM
When it comes to the education aspect, I think Cromwell might be too early; I might even be pushing it for 18th c, implying there was a school for young women. While I do know there were such academies, I'm not entirely sure when that started, tho I do know she wouldn't have attended any of the great universities. We're talking possibly late Anne, but more likely George I, II, or possibly III (early years), I guess--pre Am Rev. It's a heartier era overall than the Victorian, I know that much, though GIII was a bit of a prude. Our nameless maid's education is going to be the defining point if she attended classes with others and not tutored at home. Given she lives in a humble home (hovel?), the home schooling unless her father was a well-educated man doesn't seem as likely. But I'm willing to go as far back as is possible under these circumstances.

I think I may have her be unwillingly polite and try to get herself redressed without him seeing any more bare skin. Difficult, that... Twisted Evil

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:21 pm

THX1138 wrote:Did I say you were an idiot? Um, no. Crazy, sure, but I would never accuse a woman as erudite and intelligent as you of being anything like an idiot. However whack-a-doo crazy is a possibility. That or you just want to torture me. Granted, your description of the alley is a far cry from the dark forboding ruin filled with trash cans and smelling of whinos that I envisioned. But I'm still dressing you up like a Disney version of Little Red Riding Hood in my mind's eye.

king RM

Then I would look like some damn cherry...!

Just cool your jets, Robbie. I do live in a pretty good part of the city. I took reasonable precautions as I could (yes, I could have gone home earlier--tho not when I worked retail and took the bus home during X-Mas season), and I stayed alert, no wandering around in the dark, streetlights notwithstanding, plugged in to my walkman or whatever. Did I mention I had a personal siren, too?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:36 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:Yum on the pm, btw, O King! I shall get back to thee soon... (any idea what year we might be dealing with? Or which king? Does it matter? Tho I believe I shall open a book upon clothing from years past.)

queen

king RM
When it comes to the education aspect, I think Cromwell might be too early; I might even be pushing it for 18th c, implying there was a school for young women. While I do know there were such academies, I'm not entirely sure when that started, tho I do know she wouldn't have attended any of the great universities. We're talking possibly late Anne, but more likely George I, II, or possibly III (early years), I guess--pre Am Rev. It's a heartier era overall than the Victorian, I know that much, though GIII was a bit of a prude. Our nameless maid's education is going to be the defining point if she attended classes with others and not tutored at home. Given she lives in a humble home (hovel?), the home schooling unless her father was a well-educated man doesn't seem as likely. But I'm willing to go as far back as is possible under these circumstances.
I think you're right - there's no way 17th century would work without it being needlessly anachronistic, I think George the II or III, and perhaps the obvious explanation would be that he's older - a good six or seven years - and she received her education from a matron or spinster who was a retired governess who was willing to teach her (and a few others) for the small income that her father could afford since it supplemented her meager £80 or £100 per annum.

I think I may have her be unwillingly polite and try to get herself redressed without him seeing any more bare skin. Difficult, that... Twisted Evil

queen
I like that, she can try, possibly even succeed to some degree - hey, maybe he ends up taking the bath!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Him in the bath--now that's a thought...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:44 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
THX1138 wrote:Did I say you were an idiot? Um, no. Crazy, sure, but I would never accuse a woman as erudite and intelligent as you of being anything like an idiot. However whack-a-doo crazy is a possibility. That or you just want to torture me. Granted, your description of the alley is a far cry from the dark forboding ruin filled with trash cans and smelling of whinos that I envisioned. But I'm still dressing you up like a Disney version of Little Red Riding Hood in my mind's eye.

king RM

Then I would look like some damn cherry...!

Just cool your jets, Robbie. I do live in a pretty good part of the city. I took reasonable precautions as I could (yes, I could have gone home earlier--tho not when I worked retail and took the bus home during X-Mas season), and I stayed alert, no wandering around in the dark, streetlights notwithstanding, plugged in to my walkman or whatever. Did I mention I had a personal siren, too?

queen
Cool my jets? Robbie? Okay, okay, I had that coming. I can't help it. Look, I might be better read and more of a romantic (in the traditional sense) than the average man, and sure I know more about women's fashion that a lot of women, but I am still an alpha-male and you pegged it, under the thin veneer of civilization I'm a Neanderthal - I worry about the people I care about. So sue me for harping at you, I just worry. And yes, I know it's stupid to worry about something that has already happened and I couldn't change if it hadn't, but that's me - it's gotta be the pollack in me. My mom's the same way, so believe me I know how annoying it is, but we mean well - we annoy from the heart.

king RM

The personal siren is a nice touch...it'll let the police know where to find the body. Sorry, couldn't resist.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:47 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Him in the bath--now that's a thought...

queen
I thought you'd like that - and there'd have to be the attendant back scrubbing scene. lol

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:50 pm

Forgiven. You're lucky I like Boothy tendencies! I appreciate the concern, and believe me--like I said, I try to be careful. Forget me going armed, tho--I can guarantee that won't happen outside the house, no matter what Daley & his minions say.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:55 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Forgiven. You're lucky I like Boothy tendencies! I appreciate the concern, and believe me--like I said, I try to be careful. Forget me going armed, tho--I can guarantee that won't happen outside the house, no matter what Daley & his minions say.

queen
Well like I said, we can't help our Boothy tendencies, we try but sometimes they get the best of us. And I do trust you to be careful, I know how smart you are, and you've got a good grasp of common sense which most don't, so just think of it as the Papa Bear (or would that be Papa Booth) in me coming out.

Really though, I couldn't convince you to pack heat (assuming it was legal)? I mean, they make some lovely little pocket .25's and there's at least one vintage colt hammerless that I've had my eye on, you'd love it - 95% original blue with rosewood grips. The perfect ladies companion.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:58 pm

Not a gun person, not at all. *shudder*

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:06 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Not a gun person, not at all. *shudder*

*queen*
I understand, but you can't blame a guy for trying. There definitely is a gender divide when it comes to firearms, but what about pepper spray? Or a nice taser? I like tasers. Nah, just be safe. I know you will but, humor me and tell me you'll be safe.

king RM

In some respects I think I've gained a deeper understanding for Booth and Brennan's interaction just now - I actually think Brennan's got a lot of patience if Booth's half as bad as I am. lol.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:14 pm

I was thinking something like that myself, about B&B. Laughing

But yes, my King, I'll be very careful and stay as safe as I may. *kiss on cheek* You're sweet to worry.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Rae left us--and without a word!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Embarassed That's all I can ask my Queen, after all you're sort of important to me which is why I worry. Now I think it's time I try and catch some shut-eye - always quit while you're ahead, my old man says and I find that to be sage advice. Good night my Queen, rest ye well and I shall see thee on the morrow...which is really today, so that would be later I guess. lol. Yes, even I'm aware I'm starting to not make sense. Definitely time to get some sleep. Nite.

king RM

Okay, actually what my old man says is "Quit before you step in it an start tracking it around the house." but the other way sounds nicer.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:28 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Rae left us--and without a word!

queen
Aye, she did. Of course Lil' Bit had one heck of a long day, and I believe she's east coast so it's an hour later for her - I think her oldest starts school in like, three hours so she probably tottered off to catch a few before she had to get her going.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:32 pm

And a good night to you as well, my King--I too am looking for my bed. Later--Tomorrow--whatever!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next