Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Hart Booth Fan Club

+16
Sany
bones206
gimmeagun
Kasper
Francie
howie
Nightowl
PIMP
willgirl
DBCrazy
Cassiopeia
G
SnoopGirl
flyersfan35
Mimo
ToZiKa
20 posters

:: The IHBFC

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

I Hart Booth Fan Club - Page 28 Empty Re: I Hart Booth Fan Club

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Never got much into chat rooms, and this is pretty close... *shrugs*

Thought I would take you up on your offer and not use up all my inbox space.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:00 pm

No need to be cautious. This is the thread where there's no such thing as Off Topic. I was getting pretty chatty in the ED thread. Not setting a very good example.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:01 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Never got much into chat rooms, and this is pretty close... *shrugs*

Thought I would take you up on your offer and not use up all my inbox space.

queen
I know what you mean. But really the way we get going in some of the other threads, it's about the same as being here.

Inboxes get full fast when you start chatting. How you doing?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:11 pm

dju change your mind?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:13 pm

I hate when bad stuff catches up all at once. I hate having these little meltdowns!

My dad starts chemo next week. Which is scary enough as it is, all by itself. I never realized how good I had it when my sister had radiation after brain tumor surgery--I was all of 11 or so, and at that age, ignorance really is bliss. I'm all grown up now and understand things far too well.

But I was managing, really I was, the move is pretty distracting if stressful, and my parents don't need me hovering yet, so OK.

But then I went over to my grandma's, where I'm moving in. She's getting forgetful and vague, which is hard, but I've seen that for the last several months. Now she's struggling with things that were always her strengths--organization, finances, math. My mom told me a few things earlier today that stunned me. Stuff about her bank account, mistakes I can't believe she made--you know. And somehow that's almost as scary as Dad. And it all caught up with me after I got home.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Just a lot of typing...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:21 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Just a lot of typing...

queen
Yeah, it takes a while to "chat" as opposed to making a whole "post".

That is a lot to have coming at you all at once.

Grandma first...is it feeling like it'll be too much, or is it that it's kinduv a surprise to you?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:27 pm

I've seen it coming; knew a lot of it even (I'm over there every week visiting), but the magnitude? That's what got me. And it's Grandma, you know?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:28 pm

I daren't watch Foot again for a while, I think...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:28 pm

A little comiseration...my dad's getting pretty bad. The other night he went out driving in the snow. He got the car stuck in a ditch. He didn't wear a coat even. Then he couldn't even tell them my name to look up and call.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:30 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I've seen it coming; knew a lot of it even (I'm over there every week visiting), but the magnitude? That's what got me. And it's Grandma, you know?

queen
Yeah! You know her and what she can and can't do, except that it's not the same ol' story. Things are changing. It's hard to take.

Have you been close to her?

And I'm not getting the FitF ref? Was there something in there about this?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:33 pm

I never lived close to grandparents, Air Force life. I didn't really get to see them age. I did visit my Gma in the hospital a couple times when she was pretty wacky in her head sometimes, then other times as sharp as a tack!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:34 pm

The Foot ref is the Booth & Pops vibe--esp the scene with the stove. Thank God nothing like that's happened! Last time I watched, it hit me kinda hard.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:36 pm

dawnsfire wrote:The Foot ref is the Booth & Pops vibe--esp the scene with the stove. Thank God nothing like that's happened! Last time I watched, it hit me kinda hard.

queen
Dang! I'm a dunce! Duhhh!

I bet that would with the stove especially. I bet your Gma likes to cook, huh? Most women her age cooked all the time. Does she still cook?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:38 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:I've seen it coming; knew a lot of it even (I'm over there every week visiting), but the magnitude? That's what got me. And it's Grandma, you know?

queen
Yeah! You know her and what she can and can't do, except that it's not the same ol' story. Things are changing. It's hard to take.

Pretty close; always close to both grandmothers, but she's the one who stayed in Chicago and I lived with her & Grandpa (until he died) for 5, 6 years. And then didn't move very far away; she let me come over and do laundry every week. We'd have dinner and talk.

And I guess it's just such a fundamental change that makes it all the worse.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:41 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:The Foot ref is the Booth & Pops vibe--esp the scene with the stove. Thank God nothing like that's happened! Last time I watched, it hit me kinda hard.

queen

I bet that would with the stove especially. I bet your Gma likes to cook, huh? Most women her age cooked all the time. Does she still cook?
Slowed down a bit over the last year; I made the Christmas cookies because she didn't feel up to it. So I'll get some cooking lessons, too--which is cool. And then she'll eat.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:43 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

queen

Pretty close; always close to both grandmothers, but she's the one who stayed in Chicago and I lived with her & Grandpa (until he died) for 5, 6 years. And then didn't move very far away; she let me come over and do laundry every week. We'd have dinner and talk.

And I guess it's just such a fundamental change that makes it all the worse.

queen
Oh man. You lived with her. So you really did know her. I never knew a grandparent like that even remotely.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:45 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

queen

Slowed down a bit over the last year; I made the Christmas cookies because she didn't feel up to it. So I'll get some cooking lessons, too--which is cool. And then she'll eat.

queen
Cooking lessons IS cool! That's something that she'll like showing you. And her eating is a big plus.

How old is she, Dawn?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:46 pm

I begin to see why my mom is worried about how I'll handle things when I'm living there (it's her mother, so if there wasn't my dad and my college-age sister among other things...well, I'm sure you can imagine). It might not just be the demands on my time/attention.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:47 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

queen

queen
Cooking lessons IS cool! That's something that she'll like showing you. And her eating is a big plus.

How old is she, Dawn?
I call it saving face with added benefits. She's 87.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:50 pm

DBCrazy wrote:I never lived close to grandparents, Air Force life. I didn't really get to see them age. I did visit my Gma in the hospital a couple times when she was pretty wacky in her head sometimes, then other times as sharp as a tack!
Trust me, I'm aware of how lucky I am to have known all 4 grandparents plus 2 gr-grandmas. And they were all great to know imo.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:52 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I begin to see why my mom is worried about how I'll handle things when I'm living there (it's her mother, so if there wasn't my dad and my college-age sister among other things...well, I'm sure you can imagine). It might not just be the demands on my time/attention.

queen
Yeah. It sounds like your mom has plenty of things for her to worry about right now, and even tho you're helping IN A BIG WAY she's even worrying about you.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:55 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:I begin to see why my mom is worried about how I'll handle things when I'm living there (it's her mother, so if there wasn't my dad and my college-age sister among other things...well, I'm sure you can imagine). It might not just be the demands on my time/attention.

queen
Yeah. It sounds like your mom has plenty of things for her to worry about right now, and even tho you're helping IN A BIG WAY she's even worrying about you.
Part of the job description, I've been told--at least for a good one. She's a lot like Grandma in her way--gives and gives and worries even when told not to. I'll probably never get accolades like they do..take after the wrong side of the family. Smile

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:56 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

queen

queen

How old is she, Dawn?
I call it saving face with added benefits. She's 87.

queen
Very Happy Cooking lessons. I wish I'd studied under my mother more. She knew how to cook! Started at 5 making breakfast for the field hands right alongside her mom. I was always into something else. I'm not so bright sometimes.

And 87, this is probably just ordinary aging, right? Not so much alzheimers? Or no?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:00 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

queen
Part of the job description, I've been told--at least for a good one. She's a lot like Grandma in her way--gives and gives and worries even when told not to. I'll probably never get accolades like they do..take after the wrong side of the family. Smile

queen
We have something in common!! Our mom's are Givers, but we take after the "wrong" side of the family. Smile I know she's counting on you tho, in a big way. It may feel like all she's doing is worrying but you gotta know that you're helping ease her load in a big way.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next