Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angela / Hodgins

+7
Meegs82
dawnsfire
treble21
i_heart_bones
THX1138
19ana89
HeyHey
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Angela / Hodgins Empty Angela / Hodgins

Post by HeyHey Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:45 am

How receptive are you / would you be to them becoming a couple again?

I don't like the idea, to be honest. I don't 'feel' it between them anymore, aside for my dislike for Angela's behaviour at times over S4/5. I had such acute second-hand embarrassment watching The X in the File that I couldn't watch the A/W/H scenes. Poor Hodgins.

(I also worked out why I find Angela/Wendell so squicky after re-watching The Perfect Pieces in the Purple Pond - such a big sister/little bro vibe going on for most of that).

I was just curious to see what people thought as I know there are die-hard H/A shippers out there and I was wondering if your love for them as a couple had dimnished or still burns strong? And also, if you were always a bit take-it-or-leave-it about them, how you feel now?

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Angela / Hodgins Empty Re: Angela / Hodgins

Post by 19ana89 Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:39 am

Well, I'm not a die-hard H/A shipper, but I would like to see them together again... (though I am a sucker for happy ending romances) But you're right about the whole Wendell and Angela having a big sis/little bro vibe. I don't like the fact that the writers put them together. That was lame.
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 am

HeyLJ wrote:How receptive are you / would you be to them becoming a couple again?

I don't like the idea, to be honest. I don't 'feel' it between them anymore, aside for my dislike for Angela's behaviour at times over S4/5. I had such acute second-hand embarrassment watching The X in the File that I couldn't watch the A/W/H scenes. Poor Hodgins.
Yeah, I was never a huge Hodgela fan but I was backing Jack in the beginning - he's a good guy, tries to do the right thing, very much in love with her. That was then, this is now. Now? Not so much at all. I'm not the biggest Wangela shipper either - I think she'll end up getting dumped by him - nah, I'm leaning toward Swangela now - Angela totally needs to be dating Sweets, if only for the free psyhological help.

(I also worked out why I find Angela/Wendell so squicky after re-watching The Perfect Pieces in the Purple Pond - such a big sister/little bro vibe going on for most of that).
Huh. Totally missed that before but now that you've pointed it out to me...[Only admins are allowed to see this link] So thanks for ruining that episode.

I was just curious to see what people thought as I know there are die-hard H/A shippers out there and I was wondering if your love for them as a couple had dimnished or still burns strong? And also, if you were always a bit take-it-or-leave-it about them, how you feel now?
Well as I said, never a die-hard Hodgela shipper, and I'm definitely cool to the idea now. Surprisingly not that fond of Wangela either - seems a little too "Hot for Teacher" if you know what I mean... Nope, I prefer JAM and maybe...Swangela? Not sure what to do with her really. Maybe bring back Roxy...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:29 am

You'll have all the Swaisy shippers up in arms with comments like that. Very Happy

Apologies for ruining TPPITPP for you. Retrospectively. [It's struck me regularly that there are lots of little call-backs to S4 in S5 during my re-watch of S4, (which always stalls horribly around The Bones that Foam). Anyway, BB also have a little argument over the Pope's vanity in The He in the She, which was referenced in S5. I digress.]

No Roxy return for me. I felt like she was such a stunt character, kind of like Grayson. It wouldn't have been so bad if she'd had any sort of oomph to her. I think that was where Angela's character started to go wrong in my eyes.

I'm glad you agree about the big sis/little bro vibe 19ana89. I don't see any chemistry between them really. It is lame.

What about Cam/Hodgins then? I like the idea and I like the moments (intentional or not) we get between them, but I can't quite imagine it ever really happening and how that would be on screen.

EDIT: Oh, I'm such an idiot - JAM is Cam+Jack. Sorry, I was so tired when I wrote this! Embarassed

Last edited by HeyLJ on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:29 am

Hodegla all the way!
Not feeling the W/A thing at all! I totally agree with the big sis/little bro thing. They don't work as a couple at all, and i feel awkward watching them together....
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:51 am

yeah I like Wendell and Angela at first, and now, I don't. That being said while I would like Angela and Hodgins to eventually get back together, I don't want it to happen right now. I just feel like Hodgins has been waiting for Angela for 2 seasons and that she's almost completely disregarded that, She needs to pine a little bit first. Regarding Swangela (LOL) honestly when the spoilers came out about Angela "breaking her fast" I really really thought it would be Sweets, eventhough he has Daisy, he crushed on Ang hard, I was kinda surprised it was Wendell.
ummm also I would not be adverse to a little Jam.......
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:38 pm

I would have no problems with Hodgela if it was handled right, which I have doubts about, esp after last week. Yeah, that was sweet of him to offer to step up, but... Mad They were good as an engaged couple, though.
I've said from their breakup just about that if they get back together, it has to be Angela doing the pursuing, with Hodgins having the upper hand. Her little ways put him through a lot of misery during the courting stage, not to mention after the breakup (Though it was good of her to tell her father that was as much her fault as Hodgins', even if the man wasn't inclined to accept that).
But what has seemed unfair to me over the course of this season and part of the last is that every time Hodgins seems to have a measure of peace, she throws him a curveball! He was fine (think of the bit with the tattoo) until he found out about Wendell. Not that Angela's completely over them, either...
and what happened to that earring?

Now as for A&W, I don't pick up that "hot for teach" vibe, really, even considering Purple Pieces. And they make a better couple than Sweets and Daisy, somehow. I didn't get all squicked out when they were in the hotel bed together the way I did when Daisy ripped Sweets' shirt off him. However, I don't see this lasting as long as Hodgela did, and since I'm sweeter on Wendell than Ange right now, I hope it's not too hard on him (or he initiates. Very Happy )
As for Angela, I can't see her with anyone else on the show. Not Sweets, none of the other interns. In terms of her character, Booth is probably the only one who could really control her (and I mean that in the nicest of ways), and since he has his hands full with a certain forensic anthropologist, that ain't happening!

I'd like to see how they would handle Cadgins on the show, though. Once past everyone's initial resentment of Cam coming in and being put over their heads, Jack & Cam have consistently had pretty good interactions. If they're looking at fanfic, they may have noticed the little upswing in those stories.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:40 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I would have no problems with Hodgela if it was handled right, which I have doubts about, esp after last week. Yeah, that was sweet of him to offer to step up, but... Mad They were good as an engaged couple, though.
I have major reservations after this last week...or season really. Angela's behavior toward Hodgins has been, at best, crappy. I agree, they were great together as a couple, but some couples, once they split up, they just shouldn't get back together. To paraphrase Rebecca from TTitL, there’s a moment for two people when they can either catch fire or flame out. Hodgela didn't flame out so much as Angie dumped a bucket of water on it, kicked the logs out of the pit, and then dumped sand over it all.

I've said from their breakup just about that if they get back together, it has to be Angela doing the pursuing, with Hodgins having the upper hand. Her little ways put him through a lot of misery during the courting stage, not to mention after the breakup (Though it was good of her to tell her father that was as much her fault as Hodgins', even if the man wasn't inclined to accept that).
But what has seemed unfair to me over the course of this season and part of the last is that every time Hodgins seems to have a measure of peace, she throws him a curveball! He was fine (think of the bit with the tattoo) until he found out about Wendell. Not that Angela's completely over them, either...
Agreed 100%, she broke it, she needs to be the one who fixed it. Re: Billy, I actually get where he's coming from. I'm a bit over protective of the women in my life, and when we figure a man done one of them wrong, we like to make a point they don't forget. There's a story my oldest miece tells of an ex-bf who, eight years after they broke up, still looks over his shoulder when he sees her coming. So, yeah, I totally get where Billy's coming from. :twisted"

and what happened to that earring?
That's a good question, and I think it's an interesting point for them to bring up if they ever do try and get them back together, or get Cam/Jack together.

Now as for A&W, I don't pick up that "hot for teach" vibe, really, even considering Purple Pieces. And they make a better couple than Sweets and Daisy, somehow. I didn't get all squicked out when they were in the hotel bed together the way I did when Daisy ripped Sweets' shirt off him. However, I don't see this lasting as long as Hodgela did, and since I'm sweeter on Wendell than Ange right now, I hope it's not too hard on him (or he initiates. Very Happy )
When Wendell first starte dating Angela I was all for it, no "Mrs Robinson" vibe at all. Seeing them in bed together, they actually looked natural together, but I starte getting this wierd feeling and that's when the Van Halend sound track started in my mind. You know what it is? His hair. Wendell needs a freakin' hair cut. Something a little...Boothy. He just looks younger than he has to IMO. Now the whole Swaisy thing? Yeah, I'd rather spend 20 minutes watching Wangela play tonsil hockey than see 20 seconds of that Swaisy Egyptian room scene again. Talk about squick. Ugh.

As for Wendell and Angie breaking up? I think it'll be Wendell who breaks her heart. Not that he's not 100% in, he is, but I think he's not sure about her, and the comment that "it's the wrong guy" tells me he's right. He's gonna find out about her pregnancy scare, and when he does I think it's going to push him in the direction of protecting his heart, and when he does it'll set them up for the end of their relationships. When they break-up I think it'll send her bouncing back to Hodgins who, hopefully, will have the guts to say "No" for once, and refuse to be her rebound man. He deserves better than that.

As for Angela, I can't see her with anyone else on the show. Not Sweets, none of the other interns. In terms of her character, Booth is probably the only one who could really control her (and I mean that in the nicest of ways), and since he has his hands full with a certain forensic anthropologist, that ain't happening!
Sweets and Angela is the only other 'workable' solution IMO, and even then their moment has passed - if they were gonna happen, then she should have broken her fast with him, Now Booth and Angela? Yeah, I've had my Bangela moments...not gonna lie, if Booth wasn't with Brennan she'd be the natural fit for him and you're right, as always, my Queen. If any man can 'handle' Angela, it's Booth. Now is it wrong when you said it, I immediately went to him spanking her? There's an M-rated fic right there...

I'd like to see how they would handle Cadgins on the show, though. Once past everyone's initial resentment of Cam coming in and being put over their heads, Jack & Cam have consistently had pretty good interactions. If they're looking at fanfic, they may have noticed the little upswing in those stories.

queen
I think Cadgins (or Jam) would go over naturally. They've got a great rapport, he thinks she's hot, we've seen her give him the look once or twice, ha totally gets her family situation and seems comfortable with Michelle - I'd love for him to 'get over' Angela and find himself in a real relationship with Cam, able to tell Angela he still loves her, will always love her, but he's no longer "in love" with her, he's with Cam, where he wants to be. It's Cam that I think will be the skittish one here, she's not going to want to hurt their working relationship or get hurt herself, and she's not going to be convinced easily that Jack is over Angela even if he says he is. Gotta love the drama.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Angela shouldn't be with anyone right now. And if the writers decide to put her with someone in the future, it's gotta be Hodgins...after A LOT of pining and realizations of how crappily she treated him.

Swangela? Really? I cannot see that AT ALL. In any way, shape, or form. Yes, he had a crush on her, but she could crush him into a tiny ball with the heel of her boot. In fact, didn't she actually SAY something like that TO him?

Jam/Cadgins is a cute idea, but I really don't see how it would work on screen. I think their moments and flirtations work, but I really cannot see a full-fledged relationship blossoming between the two. But, the writers could make it work with some effort...something they don't seem to do very consistently.

I don't really like A&W. Totally with you all on the big sis/little bro vibe from PPitPP. Yes, watching them together is better than watching the cringe-inducing Swaisy, yet the whole POINT of Swaisy is to be cringe-inducing, IMO. They're the "kids" in the Jeffersonian family and it's supposed to be weird to see them groping on Cleo's bed. That's the tone of their relationship and it works REALLY well. A&W are different and I just do not see them ending up staying together...especially after the "not the the right guy" comment.

I do have a glimmer of hope for Angela getting a hold of herself after last week's episode and I'll tell you why: at the very end when she tells Hodgins she's not pregnant, Hodgins says "forget it" and what does Angela say? She says "I'll never forget it." I think that right there in that moment, she realized what he would do for her and just how much he loves her. And I am HOPING and PRAYING that that realization is going to be a jumping off point for her to change her ways. She now knows how far he is willing to go for her and I think she just might take a look at her behavior...yes, I'm being optimistic.

What on earth are you talking about with an earring? I'm lost.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:36 pm

The earring--when Angela & Roxie broke up, Angela salved her wounds by having a little "afternoon delight" with Hodgins in the Egyptian room. When they were done, she got dressed and left, but he found one of her earrings in the bed. Near the end of the epi, we see he's had it in his pocket and is apparently keeping it. Salt in the Wounds?

I would love to see Angela change her ways. I know what Rob's said about her daddy issues (I don't know psych, so I'll bow out of that one), but her other main issue is that whole live in the moment thing. She's a creature of impulse, instant gratification, mostly in the physical world (and I don't just mean sex). The thing is, we've seen her in 5 relationships, plus a couple dates, and 4 of those 5 have wanted more and she's dodged them. Kirk only got 3 weeks a year. Grayson she "forgot" about (even though it was brought up S1). We saw what happened with Hodgins and Roxie was upfront that she wanted more/a future and knew she would never get it. Don't know yet how things'll go with Wendell. How many times is this going to come back and bite her before she realizes that either she has to change her expectations or her ways? Even Brennan isn't this slow! Resists change, maybe, but that doesn't mean she can't see something.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:52 pm

THX1138 wrote:As for Wendell and Angie breaking up? I think it'll be Wendell who breaks her heart. Not that he's not 100% in, he is, but I think he's not sure about her, and the comment that "it's the wrong guy" tells me he's right. He's gonna find out about her pregnancy scare, and when he does I think it's going to push him in the direction of protecting his heart, and when he does it'll set them up for the end of their relationships. When they break-up I think it'll send her bouncing back to Hodgins who, hopefully, will have the guts to say "No" for once, and refuse to be her rebound man. He deserves better than that.
Well, he did manage to refuse to be the one who broke her fast, so hopefully he'll stay the course. Because he does deserve a heck of a lot more than that.

But they are setting up for it--think about the last few eps. "There's more than one kind of family" at Christmas, and that look they exchanged. Their mutual discomfort when he finds out about Wendell, him stepping up with that offer when she thought she was pregnant. Just a few words for HH et al--don't screw it up!

dawnsfire wrote:As for Angela, I can't see her with anyone else on the show. Not Sweets, none of the other interns. In terms of her character, Booth is probably the only one who could really control her (and I mean that in the nicest of ways), and since he has his hands full with a certain forensic anthropologist, that ain't happening!
Sweets and Angela is the only other 'workable' solution IMO, and even then their moment has passed - if they were gonna happen, then she should have broken her fast with him, Now Booth and Angela? Yeah, I've had my Bangela moments...not gonna lie, if Booth wasn't with Brennan she'd be the natural fit for him and you're right, as always, my Queen. If any man can 'handle' Angela, it's Booth. Now is it wrong when you said it, I immediately went to him spanking her? There's an M-rated fic right there...
Never saw Sweets and Angela as an actual couple. I could see him having a crush, but like they told VNM, she's too much car for him.

And I don't know if the spanking scenario is wrong, per se, O King, and there's control and then there's control, so whatever makes you happy, I guess. Twisted Evil It's probably as wrong as the fact that this discussion reminds me of a fic where Brennan was playing the obedient sub to Booth's dom.

I think Cadgins (or Jam) would go over naturally. They've got a great rapport, he thinks she's hot, we've seen her give him the look once or twice, ha totally gets her family situation and seems comfortable with Michelle - I'd love for him to 'get over' Angela and find himself in a real relationship with Cam, able to tell Angela he still loves her, will always love her, but he's no longer "in love" with her, he's with Cam, where he wants to be. It's Cam that I think will be the skittish one here, she's not going to want to hurt their working relationship or get hurt herself, and she's not going to be convinced easily that Jack is over Angela even if he says he is. Gotta love the drama.
Yeah. Especially since she has another set of responsibilities and is obviously uncertain of how to juggle them with work already. And she sees almost everything in that lab, so she probably has a pretty good idea of where their heads are.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 pm

Okay, I totally do NOT remember the whole earring thing...I have a vague memory of it now. I'm rewatching S4 right now (mostly only the good ones), so I'll look for that this time around.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Swangela? Really? I cannot see that AT ALL. In any way, shape, or form. Yes, he had a crush on her, but she could crush him into a tiny ball with the heel of her boot. In fact, didn't she actually SAY something like that TO him?
I recall something like that, but can't recall when she said it - it had to be sometime after she started her celibacy kick though, right?

Jam/Cadgins is a cute idea, but I really don't see how it would work on screen. I think their moments and flirtations work, but I really cannot see a full-fledged relationship blossoming between the two. But, the writers could make it work with some effort...something they don't seem to do very consistently.
It's the consistency issue that would bother me. To me Jam seems like a natural fit, but they'd have to do it right or it would ruin the show's dynamic.

I don't really like A&W. Totally with you all on the big sis/little bro vibe from PPitPP. Yes, watching them together is better than watching the cringe-inducing Swaisy, yet the whole POINT of Swaisy is to be cringe-inducing, IMO. They're the "kids" in the Jeffersonian family and it's supposed to be weird to see them groping on Cleo's bed. That's the tone of their relationship and it works REALLY well. A&W are different and I just do not see them ending up staying together...especially after the "not the the right guy" comment.
Until it was brought up to me I never really got that feeling from them, still don't really. I went back and watched the big scene between Angela and Wendell in Purple Pieces and I actually saw the chemistry there - he's not like the other interns, he's definitely "older" than his age. I think it's his upbringing, like Booth he's the grown old (matured) out of necessity, so he gravitates toward more mature women.

Oh, and if Swaisy is meant to be cring inducing? Then mission accomplished. Big Time!

I do have a glimmer of hope for Angela getting a hold of herself after last week's episode and I'll tell you why: at the very end when she tells Hodgins she's not pregnant, Hodgins says "forget it" and what does Angela say? She says "I'll never forget it." I think that right there in that moment, she realized what he would do for her and just how much he loves her. And I am HOPING and PRAYING that that realization is going to be a jumping off point for her to change her ways. She now knows how far he is willing to go for her and I think she just might take a look at her behavior...yes, I'm being optimistic.

What on earth are you talking about with an earring? I'm lost.
Very, very optimistic. As much as the characters of the show seem to dwell on Brennan being 'damaged goods' the truth is the most dysfunctional one there, personal relationship-wise, is Angela. She's been jumping from relationship to relationsip, bed to bed, since she was 16 in an effort to fill some emotional void in her life. She's completely confused the physical and emotional aspects of sex, intimacy, and love, to the point where the only way she feels them is through the physical act itself. I think the next relationship she gets into, she should spend the first month dating the guy/girl and NOT having sex with them. She needs to learn how to love without falling into bed first. Really, until she figures herself out? She needs to stay the hell away from Hodgins.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:37 pm

dawnsfire wrote:The earring--when Angela & Roxie broke up, Angela salved her wounds by having a little "afternoon delight" with Hodgins in the Egyptian room. When they were done, she got dressed and left, but he found one of her earrings in the bed. Near the end of the epi, we see he's had it in his pocket and is apparently keeping it. Salt in the Wounds?

I would love to see Angela change her ways. I know what Rob's said about her daddy issues (I don't know psych, so I'll bow out of that one), but her other main issue is that whole live in the moment thing. She's a creature of impulse, instant gratification, mostly in the physical world (and I don't just mean sex). The thing is, we've seen her in 5 relationships, plus a couple dates, and 4 of those 5 have wanted more and she's dodged them. Kirk only got 3 weeks a year. Grayson she "forgot" about (even though it was brought up S1). We saw what happened with Hodgins and Roxie was upfront that she wanted more/a future and knew she would never get it. Don't know yet how things'll go with Wendell. How many times is this going to come back and bite her before she realizes that either she has to change her expectations or her ways? Even Brennan isn't this slow! Resists change, maybe, but that doesn't mean she can't see something.
Yes, the earring was "Salt in the Wounds", that's also where Sweets and Angela share a drink and you get the first hint that Sweets has a major crush on her.

Her psychology is interesting, she's got the classic attention seeking personality married to poor impulse control, and is definitely dealing with some sort of electra complex - her relationship with Billy is one that I'd really like to see explored. I'd tag her as an anal expulsive with certain control issues and some very real trust isses. For all the talk of Brennan's walls, no one, not even Hodgins, has ever fully penetrated Angela's defenses - he came close but I think there was one door left and when she sensed it was going to fall she opted out rather than risk letting him in. As for her learning curve, I'm beginning to think it's less a curve than a flat line - hey, she can't learn if she's actively avoiding the subject. And she's aces at avoidance.

THX1138 wrote:As for Wendell and Angie breaking up? I think it'll be Wendell who breaks her heart. Not that he's not 100% in, he is, but I think he's not sure about her, and the comment that "it's the wrong guy" tells me he's right. He's gonna find out about her pregnancy scare, and when he does I think it's going to push him in the direction of protecting his heart, and when he does it'll set them up for the end of their relationships. When they break-up I think it'll send her bouncing back to Hodgins who, hopefully, will have the guts to say "No" for once, and refuse to be her rebound man. He deserves better than that.
Well, he did manage to refuse to be the one who broke her fast, so hopefully he'll stay the course. Because he does deserve a heck of a lot more than that.
Amen. Jack's a good guy, like Wendell and Booth, he's an old school "do the right thing" kind of guy. In fact what I really love about this show as a man, are all the positive male role models it has. With few exceptions there are no real creeps, no losers, no philandering jackasses in the cast. The men are stand-up, do the right thing, sacrifice for the one you love type of men. 'bout damn time too.

But they are setting up for it--think about the last few eps. "There's more than one kind of family" at Christmas, and that look they exchanged. Their mutual discomfort when he finds out about Wendell, him stepping up with that offer when she thought she was pregnant. Just a few words for HH et al--don't screw it up!
Yeah, like I said to Meegs, it's the consistency that scares me the most.

And I don't know if the spanking scenario is wrong, per se, O King, and there's control and then there's control, so whatever makes you happy, I guess. Twisted Evil It's probably as wrong as the fact that this discussion reminds me of a fic where Brennan was playing the obedient sub to Booth's dom.
OMG! I remember that fic. It was not exactly my normal cuppa, but I got to admit the idea was well executed and the writing was HOT. Still, a sub Brennan? I'm thinking more naught school girl...

Yeah. Especially since she has another set of responsibilities and is obviously uncertain of how to juggle them with work already. And she sees almost everything in that lab, so she probably has a pretty good idea of where their heads are.

queen
Which is why I think she'd try and keep it casual, them having fun, dating occasionally but nothing too serious. If anything were to happen between them sexually I can see her insisting they go to his place so she can leave when she wants, just as I can see her using Michelle as an excuse to avoid him or cut their dates short when it suits her. As tough and self assured as Cam is, she's just as protective of her heart, and just as vulnerable, as Brennan.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:39 pm

THX1138 wrote:I think the next relationship she gets into, she should spend the first month dating the guy/girl and NOT having sex with them. She needs to learn how to love without falling into bed first. Really, until she figures herself out? She needs to stay the hell away from Hodgins.
That's what Sweets should have told her, rather than the 6 mo celibacy thing. I get the impression she didn't even go looking for a date during those months, which sort of defeats the purpose of connecting on a different level. Except for Wendell, who she had gotten to know to some degree without sex.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:48 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
THX1138 wrote:I think the next relationship she gets into, she should spend the first month dating the guy/girl and NOT having sex with them. She needs to learn how to love without falling into bed first. Really, until she figures herself out? She needs to stay the hell away from Hodgins.
That's what Sweets should have told her, rather than the 6 mo celibacy thing. I get the impression she didn't even go looking for a date during those months, which sort of defeats the purpose of connecting on a different level. Except for Wendell, who she had gotten to know to some degree without sex.

queen
You're absolutely right. The whole point of the celibacy wasn't to see how long she could go without, it was to teach her to connect with people on another level. Instead she took herself entirely off the market, she made no effort to connect with anyone else so in a way Wendell, the one person she'd made an effort to get to know because they worked together, is the obvious recipient of her affections. How much of what she feels for him is due to him, and how much because he's the first man since Hodgins she's actually gotten to know outside the bedroom? The only other man in her life she would have that kind of connection to would be Booth, and that would be a problematic pairing at best.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 am

I am a fan of Hodgins and Angela but the timing is not right at the moment for them to be together. I miss their sweet little romance, he used the glowing shrimp to propose, sigh. I feel when they do get back together it will be more mature, not as whimsy (to use Angela's wording) as it was.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Just saw "Death in the Saddle" again and there's a comment as Angela's talking to Brennan that really reveals something of the workings of her innder drama queen:

"Ah. You think I’m afraid of disturbing old memories. You think that somehow I- I like this idea of Berimbau as some sort of untouchable fantasy figure. Hmm? That somehow finding his real name will just bring him down to Earth and make this whole... meshugaas banal and uninteresting."

And of course, it's what one projects onto others that is most revealing. Angie's all about the drama, she's all about being out there and agressive and an interesting artist. She loves the fact that she's known as the whacky artist who married someone on a whim in Fiji years ago, it fits her "live large, live in the moment" persona. It explains why she sabotaged her relationship with Hodgins too, once Berimbau/Grayson is gone who is she? She's no longer the crazy artist she's Hodgins' fiance, she's one step closer to normal.

That, I think, scares her. Living life like the rest of us, like a normal person, she's never sought that stability - she craves the wild ride, it fits her underlying psychosis as an anal expulsive. She's basically an emotional exhibitionist, she lives on the surface of life, rarely, if ever, going deeper. Jack needs to run, run as far and as fast as he can 'cause until she grows up she's a trainwreck waiting to happen.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Okay here is an idea, would it be possible that maybe angela is afraid to go out with Hodgins, because she doesn't want to hurt him again, or perhaps she doubted that he loved her, after all she had put him through. And another point, what happened with that whole "lets get back together" issue in CitC, i mean they skipped it entirely, so maybe that will be revisited.

But in the end i think they will get together, they do belong together IMO. And HH did say that he though they belonged together too.

I also think there is a black spot with angela and wendel's feelings, the way they got together just lead me to believe they were being spontaneous, and i agree they are awkward together, brother and sister awkward.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:21 am

jcn747 wrote:Okay here is an idea, would it be possible that maybe angela is afraid to go out with Hodgins, because she doesn't want to hurt him again, or perhaps she doubted that he loved her, after all she had put him through. And another point, what happened with that whole "lets get back together" issue in CitC, i mean they skipped it entirely, so maybe that will be revisited.
I can see her not wanting to hurt him again, because she knows he was hurt after they broke up, but there's no way she ever doubted his love for her. It was always about trust with her - she demaned his absolute faith in her despite her behaviour and for Hodgins that was hard to give when she was going around jumping into the arms of her estranged husband and kissing him like she WANTED to still be married to him.

But in the end i think they will get together, they do belong together IMO. And HH did say that he though they belonged together too.
Could be, but I harken back to something TJ Thyne said, that Angela would always be Hodgins one great love, but she could also be the one that got away, the one he's destined to love but never have again.

I also think there is a black spot with angela and wendel's feelings, the way they got together just lead me to believe they were being spontaneous, and i agree they are awkward together, brother and sister awkward.
They were definitely being spontaneous, that's Angela's forte - living in the moment. However, I think folks who are looking for a brother-sister vibe are really reaching, because it's just not there that I can see. Awkward, yes, but going back to his first appearance in Salt, there was chemistry between them then when Angela was trying to convince Wendell that Brennan wasn't hitting on him, I honestly thought they'd hook up in Season 4 the way they interacted. No, my thing has always been the age gap, Angie here is practically a cougar and it's just odd for me to see her with Wendell like that.

The thing is, emotionally he's the adult in their relationship and Angela is really using him to play house, she's trying to be who she was with Hodgins, only bring that into a relationship in a more mature and responsible fashion - I think that's why it seems so awkward at times. When it's just them I get the "Hot for Teacher" vibe, but that doens't mean they don't have chemistry, they do, just that it's a little strange still. HH has also hinted that their relationship is going to get more complex and Wendell isn't going anywhere, so we'll just have to see how this pans out. We still haven't seen the fallout from her false positive pregnancy test.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:53 am

jcn747 wrote:Okay here is an idea, would it be possible that maybe angela is afraid to go out with Hodgins, because she doesn't want to hurt him again...
Totally! I don't think she trusts herself anymore. Did you see how she freaked out at the thought of having a kid? It wasn't just the "wrong guy" - it was the connection with another soul that freaked her out.

king RM wrote:We still haven't seen the fallout from her false positive pregnancy test.
I think that Hodgins offering to take care of Angie, then the news of it being a false positive, ending with their little talk and walking away arm in arm last week is the beginning of that fallout.

Personally I think the writers have sacrificed Angela. She's that character that ends up doing anything and everything, so what's really to figure out about her - you can't!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:39 am

DBCrazy wrote:
jcn747 wrote:Okay here is an idea, would it be possible that maybe angela is afraid to go out with Hodgins, because she doesn't want to hurt him again...
Totally! I don't think she trusts herself anymore. Did you see how she freaked out at the thought of having a kid? It wasn't just the "wrong guy" - it was the connection with another soul that freaked her out.
Which is really telling about where she is in life, because she's always wanted tons of kids, but she's never really thought it through that tons of kids means a serious comittment to someone, and even without the comittment there's still a tie that binds them together - and she's not the kind of bird who can be caged. I honestly see her ending up alone in life, she's not as open as she seems, in her way she's even more closed off than Brennan.

king RM wrote:We still haven't seen the fallout from her false positive pregnancy test.
I think that Hodgins offering to take care of Angie, then the news of it being a false positive, ending with their little talk and walking away arm in arm last week is the beginning of that fallout.
The beginning for her and Hodgins, it'll be how Wendell handles the news that makes things interesting. I think he'll be understanding, compassionate, and upset all at once. The question is how will she handle his feelings?

Personally I think the writers have sacrificed Angela. She's that character that ends up doing anything and everything, so what's really to figure out about her - you can't!
That could be, they've made her the catch all free spirited neurotic loose cannon - no one knows what she's gonna do from episode to episode. Rolling Eyes Actually Sherry, I think you've nailed that one. Angela's like their drama relief valve almost.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:42 am

About Angela and kids--I always saw her comment back in Baby about wanting kids as being completely spontaneous, despite a few comments in Proof that try to indicate otherwise. I mean, she's probably thought more about having at least one kid more than Brennan has in the past 15 years, but still, seeing this cute and fairly well-behaved baby, she wanted that experience, too. But here's the thing, as all (good) parents will tell you--babies are the ultimate commitment. Hard to live in the moment for those 18 years for the most part when you bear ultimate responsibilty for this small human's well-being. Maybe somewhere in there, she realized that and that contributed to her anxiety. Or is that looking too far ahead to even realize that?

queen

my, that was catty
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:23 am

dawnsfire wrote:About Angela and kids--I always saw her comment back in Baby about wanting kids as being completely spontaneous, despite a few comments in Proof that try to indicate otherwise. I mean, she's probably thought more about having at least one kid more than Brennan has in the past 15 years, but still, seeing this cute and fairly well-behaved baby, she wanted that experience, too. But here's the thing, as all (good) parents will tell you--babies are the ultimate commitment. Hard to live in the moment for those 18 years for the most part when you bear ultimate responsibilty for this small human's well-being. Maybe somewhere in there, she realized that and that contributed to her anxiety. Or is that looking too far ahead to even realize that?

queen

my, that was catty
That's not catty at all my Queen. Care for more cream?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:30 am

Only if it's frozen and has pieces of chocolate in it, accompanied by either cherries or mint.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum