Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BuddyTV Top 50 Episodes of 2009

+5
Nightowl
THX1138
DBCrazy
dawnsfire
bugaboo628
9 posters

:: News

Go down

BuddyTV Top 50 Episodes of 2009 Empty BuddyTV Top 50 Episodes of 2009

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:37 am

BuddyTV compiled a list of the Top 50 Episodes of 2009.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#45 was "Mayhem on the Cross"

#25 was "Double Trouble in the Panhandle"
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

BuddyTV Top 50 Episodes of 2009 Empty Re: BuddyTV Top 50 Episodes of 2009

Post by dawnsfire Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:25 pm

The wit and heart of Bones was on full display in this delightful episode as Booth and Bones join the circus and a Boris and Natasha and their Russian Knives of Death. Their act was hilarious, tense and sweet all at the same time.
Somehow that's not how I saw it... Rolling Eyes

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 pm

DTitP was 20 episodes ahead of MotC? Huh? confused
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Yeah, I don't know what kind of crack they're smoking there but sign me up for a big couple of rocks. Maybe if I'm toking that I can watch DDotDD and not want to kill HH.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:07 am

This is only my opinion, but Double trouble in the panhandle was the worst episode EVER.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:48 am

Nightowl wrote:This is only my opinion, but Double trouble in the panhandle was the worst episode EVER.
Worse than Double Death of the Dearly Departed? Seriously? I don't know if I can back that theory, at least DTITP had some decent B&B fluff. DDotDD was just a straight rip off of Weekend at Bernie's.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:31 am

THX1138 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:This is only my opinion, but Double trouble in the panhandle was the worst episode EVER.
Worse than Double Death of the Dearly Departed? Seriously? I don't know if I can back that theory, at least DTITP had some decent B&B fluff. DDotDD was just a straight rip off of Weekend at Bernie's.

king RM
I don't deny the pointlessness of Double Death, to me it was like an extended scene that did absolutley nothing to furthur the plot of the whole story, and could have easily been eliminated. I'll give you the Weekend at Bernie's rip-off, but I thought Double Trouble was both pointless and ridiculous. Two strikes. The B+B fluff wasn't enough to carry the episode, in my opinion mind you, and the whole circus thing was contrived and unbelievable. Booth pulls a knife throwing act out of his ass? C'mon. Sweets knowing circus lingo? Too convenient. I appreciate the tidbits of humour that are intermingled with the seriousness of the drama, it's one of the things I love so much about Bones, but the circus shtick was too much. Should I ever feel the need to purchase Season 4, which is debated muchly in my house, I will not watch either of these episodes again. Now, if they had aired the night-time shenanigans of the two of them sharing the bed in the trailer, my opinion may have differed greatly. And, as a human male, I can appreciate how hot ED looked in that costume, but still, not enough to carry the episode. I stand by my statement, worst episode EVER. Honestly though, the Double Death is not that far behind. Strange they both start with the word double...
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Nightowl wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM
I don't deny the pointlessness of Double Death, to me it was like an extended scene that did absolutley nothing to furthur the plot of the whole story, and could have easily been eliminated. I'll give you the Weekend at Bernie's rip-off, but I thought Double Trouble was both pointless and ridiculous. Two strikes. The B+B fluff wasn't enough to carry the episode, in my opinion mind you, and the whole circus thing was contrived and unbelievable. Booth pulls a knife throwing act out of his ass? C'mon. Sweets knowing circus lingo? Too convenient. I appreciate the tidbits of humour that are intermingled with the seriousness of the drama, it's one of the things I love so much about Bones, but the circus shtick was too much. Should I ever feel the need to purchase Season 4, which is debated muchly in my house, I will not watch either of these episodes again. Now, if they had aired the night-time shenanigans of the two of them sharing the bed in the trailer, my opinion may have differed greatly. And, as a human male, I can appreciate how hot ED looked in that costume, but still, not enough to carry the episode. I stand by my statement, worst episode EVER. Honestly though, the Double Death is not that far behind. Strange they both start with the word double...
You make a strong case for DTitPH being the worst, I'd be amenable to letting them share the honor of being the two crappiest episodes of the season - consider them CO-CRAP.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:06 pm

THX1138 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM
You make a strong case for DTitPH being the worst, I'd be amenable to letting them share the honor of being the two crappiest episodes of the season - consider them CO-CRAP.

king RM
May I be so bold as to call them 'Double' crap! lol
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Completely 100% agreed! Seriously, as Rob said, how much crack are they smoking? It's gotta be WAY too much to render those results.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Yet, DDotDD is a VERY close second.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:11 pm

I have to agree--Panhandle was not a very good ep; I'd put it at 2nd or 3rd behind 4D (which is how I refer to Double Death), though I'm hard-pressed to think of another to match.

I have a feeling when I get S4 on DVD, there's going to be a LOT of fastforwarding. And the only way I'm rewatching 4D is if there's a commentary on it, which I don't believe there is. Going to pretend it never happened...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Nightowl wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM

king RM
May I be so bold as to call them 'Double' crap! lol
Oh please, be soo bold! lol!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Koudijs Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:38 am

Not the worst... but not the best.... i loved The Critic in the Carbernet... but i understand if somebody thinks it's bad
Koudijs
Koudijs
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1043
Say What You Want : Give my a Bones!
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:50 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
The wit and heart of Bones was on full display in this delightful episode as Booth and Bones join the circus and a Boris and Natasha and their Russian Knives of Death. Their act was hilarious, tense and sweet all at the same time.
Somehow that's not how I saw it... Rolling Eyes

queen

Hah! Did they even watch it? Are we talking about the same episode scratch
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:22 am

Really? DTitP? I didn't have quite the hate on for that episode as some others have, I found it kinda fun, That being said it was definitely NOT one of the best episodes of 2009. It shouldn't have even made the short list. Not only that but it was voted higher than MoaC, an episode that actually deserved to be on the list? Wow that's just all kinds of wrong.
And since this is encompassing all of 2009 how come there are no season 5 episodes listed? aNatBM should definitely be on this list, and pretty much any show from this season should be listed there before DTitP.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:29 pm

I wondered that, too--where were the good S5 eps?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:48 pm

I'm guessing they just used epis from last season. They probably started compiling the list before ANatBM aired.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum