Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BuddyTV's 50 Coolest Dads!

+4
southerngirl
bcriet
Zeddie
DBCrazy
8 posters

Go down

BuddyTV's 50 Coolest Dads! Empty BuddyTV's 50 Coolest Dads!

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Guess who made the list?

Twice!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

#13 Seeley Booth, Bones
Saving the day every day from the bad guys is enough to make Seeley Booth cool, but his devotion to his son Parker is what makes him a truly cool dad.

#11 Angel, Angel
What makes Angel such a cool dad is that he always tries. He usually fails thanks to the fact that his son turned against him and tried to kill him, but he’s always especially goofy whenever he tries to bond with his son, which is very cool in its own odd way.

... and just a note for Fluff ... The dad from Veronica Mars came in Number Uno!!!!

#1 Keith Mars, Veronica Mars
Who’s your daddy? Despite using corny lines like that, there is no dad on TV cooler than Veronica’s ex-sheriff pop, Keith Mars. He helps his daughter while staying protective of her and putting himself in danger to save her.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

BuddyTV's 50 Coolest Dads! Empty Re: BuddyTV's 50 Coolest Dads!

Post by Zeddie Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:07 am

WOOT! yepp he does rock! Very Happy
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
BuddyTV's 50 Coolest Dads! 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:53 pm

This was awesome to read. Isn't he just a great guy and you can so see that in the rolls he chooses to play. Thanks for posting Smile
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by southerngirl Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:45 am

very cool!

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:37 pm

sweet! i love keith too. he would be a mad dad!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Salty Goodness Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Way to go David, 2 characters on the list, Go David! Very Happy
Hello Salty Goodness
Hello Salty Goodness
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Here's another Dad list that DB made (as Angel) ...

The Chicago Examiner
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:41 pm

Good for David, but in what world does Angel beats Booth? Booth is by far the better father, heck most of Connor's life was spent in a hell dimension raised by Angel's sworn enemy, Holtz. Meanwhile Booth busts his ass to stay involved in Parker's life. Hands down, Booth is the better father.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:15 pm

THX1138 wrote:Good for David, but in what world does Angel beats Booth? Booth is by far the better father, heck most of Connor's life was spent in a hell dimension raised by Angel's sworn enemy, Holtz. Meanwhile Booth busts his ass to stay involved in Parker's life. Hands down, Booth is the better father.

RM
You're forgetting that Booth altered the whole universe to save Connor's life ... remember Booth agreeing to take over Wolfram & Hart with the proviso that Connor remember nothing of his life and instead have a "normal life"? That's gotta count for something!

But all in all, look who else made the list ... Stu Pickles???
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:19 pm

THX1138 wrote:Good for David, but in what world does Angel beats Booth? Booth is by far the better father, heck most of Connor's life was spent in a hell dimension raised by Angel's sworn enemy, Holtz. Meanwhile Booth busts his ass to stay involved in Parker's life. Hands down, Booth is the better father. RM

A bit off topic but I disagree that Booth busts his ass to stay involved in Parker's life. He ALLOWS Rebecca to push him around when it comes to him being a father to Parker. She once said that she doesn't have to allow him to see his son because they weren't ever married. Then in another episode she tells Booth that Parker is VERY VERY lucky to have Booth as his father.
He could if he really wanted to pursue joint custody but he hasn't. Just something that has always "irked" me about Booth's Character. If he is such a great Dad why isn't he going after MORE visitation or joint custody?

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:33 am

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:Good for David, but in what world does Angel beats Booth? Booth is by far the better father, heck most of Connor's life was spent in a hell dimension raised by Angel's sworn enemy, Holtz. Meanwhile Booth busts his ass to stay involved in Parker's life. Hands down, Booth is the better father.

RM
You're forgetting that Booth altered the whole universe to save Connor's life ... remember Booth agreeing to take over Wolfram & Hart with the proviso that Connor remember nothing of his life and instead have a "normal life"? That's gotta count for something!

Of course it does, I mean Booth did all that for Angel's kid - proof that shows Booth is the better father, hands down. Razz

RM

What? You thought I'd let that one go? Silly wabbit.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:27 am

SnoopGirl wrote:
THX1138 wrote:Good for David, but in what world does Angel beats Booth? Booth is by far the better father, heck most of Connor's life was spent in a hell dimension raised by Angel's sworn enemy, Holtz. Meanwhile Booth busts his ass to stay involved in Parker's life. Hands down, Booth is the better father. RM

A bit off topic but I disagree that Booth busts his ass to stay involved in Parker's life. He ALLOWS Rebecca to push him around when it comes to him being a father to Parker. She once said that she doesn't have to allow him to see his son because they weren't ever married. Then in another episode she tells Booth that Parker is VERY VERY lucky to have Booth as his father.
He could if he really wanted to pursue joint custody but he hasn't. Just something that has always "irked" me about Booth's Character. If he is such a great Dad why isn't he going after MORE visitation or joint custody?
Okay, in defense of Booth on this one let's say he decides to 'man up' and push Rebecca for more visitation and it goes to court. First off, they have no legally binding visitation agreement now so guess what she'll do? Right, he gets NO visitation until he finds a lawyer to get a judge to force her to grant him visitation. That's a nice roll of some heavily loaded dice given that:

38% of fathers have no access/visitation rights at all

AND

40% of mothers actively interfere with the non-custodial father's visitation on occasion, specifically to punish the ex-spouse.

So Booth goes the legal route he's got a 2 in 5 chance of getting NO visitation with his son what so ever. On top of that if he takes Becs to court she's gonna be pissed off so what do you think the odds are she won't screw with him when he wants his time with Parker? I'm gonna say, not good. Lets assume he does get a favorable custody agreement from a judge, right now we 'know' from the show that he sees Parker a couple of weekends a month and one night a week, plus he coaches his sports teams and he pays child support. The existing setup is perfectly fine since it reflects what a lot of fathers of divorce get with their kids already. So Booth pays thousands of dollars to get a legal document confirming what he already has, and then risks pissing off Rebecca who will almost certainly retaliate by jerking him around on the custody. And I know what you're gonna say, that he can then go back to court and say "She's jerking me around on the custody agreement!" Yeah, well that takes money and time, and both favor Rebecca. Booth's job has a variable schedule, he misses a court date or postpones too many times and it goes against him with the judge. Lawyers cost money, he's supporting himself, paying child support to Becs for Parker, if he falters anywhere along the line that counts against him. He has a dangerous job, that most certainly counts against him. And lets not forget the sin of gender, he's a man and in custodial battles that most definitely counts against him.

Finally let's actually consider the best interests of the child. Right now both Rebecca and Booth work together to make sure Parker knows he's loved and that mommy and daddy, even if they don't live together, get along just fine. That's important. You want to talk about living in hell? Try putting Parker through the custody process, that's living in hell.

One of my best buds growing up, Sam, went through his parents divorce. Sam's mom cheated and split town with her new 'boyfriend', came back three months later and filed for divorce. She immediately was awarded temporary custody of the kids because she was...wait for it...the mother and therefore the court decided she was obviously the better custodial parent, 'cause you know, all really good custodial parents leave town with a guy they picked up in a bar and don't let anyone know where they are for three months. Five years of a vicious custody battle later and Sam's Dad gets...wait for it...this is even better...two weekends a month and every Wednesday night with his kids, alternate holidays (that schedule was a total joke) and six weeks during the summer. I hear that's actually considered a good custody agreement despite what it did to the kids. Want to know how I know all this? I went through that divorce with Sam every step of the way, he was my best friend in high school and at least a dozen times during the five year custody battle from hell he showed up on my parents' doorstep looking for a place to stay. He lived with us for almost six months during the second year of the divorce because my home was the only stable home he knew, and for the first three years the custody exchanges took place at our house since that way neither parent had to deal with the other.

Do I think Booth should be more aggressive in asserting his paternal rights to Parker, yes I do. Do I think he's not such a great father because he sees a system stacked against him and doesn't want to risk what he already has? No, I don't. The American judicial system remains hopelessly shackled to a 1950's mentality that sees women as caregivers and men as checkbooks, and relies on a nebulous 'best interests' standard that allows for extreme latitude with little guidance and almost no mechanism for resolution that doesn't involve additional face time with a judge. When one factors in the enormous influence women's advocacy groups have in the meta narrative of child custody cases the odds of a father taking on the system and winning are, well, not good. Booth may not seem like he's really doing all he can to maximize his time with Parker, but in my opinion he's doing the best that he can without making matters worse - he knows the odds and he'd rather take what he can get than lose what he has.

As you can tell this issue is sort of personal for me, and I understand there are a variety of opinions on this, but complaining about Booth not being more aggressive in this instance is a bit like asking why Custer didn't take the offensive.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:49 pm

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

RM

Of course it does, I mean Booth did all that for Angel's kid - proof that shows Booth is the better father, hands down. Razz

RM

Embarassed Embarassed I came up with a decent argument, and flubbed it, totally! You'd think that somebody with the moniker "DBCrazy" could keep his major roles separate! Rolling Eyes

THX, It's obvious by the ^^ post that Snoop struck a nerve, and I understand a man wanting to stand up for men everywhere, but do you think you might have gone a little overboard feeding her to the wolves?!?! pale Just saying ...
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:01 am

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

RM

RM

Embarassed Embarassed I came up with a decent argument, and flubbed it, totally! You'd think that somebody with the moniker "DBCrazy" could keep his major roles separate! Rolling Eyes
hehe, yeah but if you did that where would the funny be?

THX, It's obvious by the ^^ post that Snoop struck a nerve, and I understand a man wanting to stand up for men everywhere, but do you think you might have gone a little overboard feeding her to the wolves?!?! pale Just saying ...
Yeah, it's sort of personal for me given the number of friends I've had go through this hell on both sides (meaning both male and female friends) so I think I posted while I was upset and that's never a good thing. I do apologize to Snoop and anyone else who may have been offended or read that and gone "wow, I'm not touching that topic" because of what I wrote. I'm a shoot from the lip kinda guy and sometimes I forget to check myself. Embarassed

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:23 am

Shooting from the hip sometimes rewards you with a hole in your foot! Razz
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:44 am

DBCrazy wrote:Shooting from the hip sometimes rewards you with a hole in your foot! Razz
Well that beats what else you could shoot off.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:24 am

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:Shooting from the hip sometimes rewards you with a hole in your foot! Razz

RM
You are soo bad! Wink
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:40 am

THX1138 wrote:

RM
Your knee cap? Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:55 am

SnoopGirl wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM
I was thinking maybe two inches higher and to the left.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:28 am

THX1138 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

RM
You guys are all alike! Two inches higher ... pff! Rolling Eyes
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:53 am

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

RM
Well I could get the yards stick out and measure...

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:35 pm

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

RM
Well I could get the yards stick out and measure...

RM
No thank you! I'm sure that won't be necessary!! No
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum