Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302

+15
sirenized
Mimo
THX1138
dawnsfire
TempestJo
venzwife
carebear
ReginaPhalange
Laffers18
WhenInRome
DBCrazy
A2BOREANAZ
ToZiKa
Bonesbabe
BrainySmurf0302
19 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 8 Empty Re: That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:37 am

aaaagggghh I swear that was alot longer... facesmack oh well tomorrow hopefully microsoft word will be my friend and let me use it (oh hint hint wink wink pointed glace at said offending program).
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302 - Page 8 Empty Re: That's What Friends Are For- Rated t+/m (fluffersmutter!), written by BrainySmurf0302

Post by ToZiKa Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:31 pm

BrainySmurf0302 wrote:aaaagggghh I swear that was alot longer... facesmack oh well tomorrow hopefully microsoft word will be my friend and let me use it (oh hint hint wink wink pointed glace at said offending program).

try open office
that works just fine for me

I liked the new chapter
especially that Booth said no to her.
But I didn't really get the Angela-part.....maybe that will be explained in the next part though, so I'll wait patiently

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:08 am

More more more more more!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:11 am

HOLY....CANNOLI.
I cannot believe how long it's been. O.o
My sincerest apologies to those I have kept waiting... I've had a bunch of circumstances gang up on me that weren't too nice. Sad
One being word killng itself, lterally, on my laptop.
The second being my laptop commiting suicide.
The third being after that, and after getiing everything fixe after about two months... I got wrapped up in readng over at fanfic.net...and forgot to update Sad((
I have this week left to finish this, I believe, because I'm gonna be gone without electronics for 3 weeks, July 25th to August 14th. :/
HOWEVER. That also means I'll hve 3 weeks to formulate a new fic. I've had some ideas, and I'll have quite a bit of downtime, so that's reallly good.
Again, my sincerest apologies. :[[
It feels goodto be back. <3
-Sunnie sunny jocolor
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:09 am

p.s. I'll have a chapter for you by tomorrow Very Happy
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:31 am

You write very well...however, alot of your depictions of recovering from a violent sexual assault are happening WAY too fast. I know it's not your intent, but your timelines trivialize the depth of trauma a woman goes through after that kind of assault. The level of violence in the assault makes it highly unlikely that a week or two later Brennan would be comfortable in the same bed with Booth; being drunk would more likely to unlock the fears she would be trying to control. It takes months, sometimes years to become ok with that level of physical male intimacy.

Also, the phrase, "a victim of his lust" by Booth is disturbing, because as a law enforcement professional he should be aware that rape isn't about lust - it's about violence, anger, control, and the weapon used is sex.

It's a difficult topic to approach, and it's great that you have the willingness to look at it. Also, your reactions themselves are accurate. Brennan's thoughts about sucide, for instance, are actually appropriate for her personality. She is used to b eing in control, to defend herself, to use logic and reason to deal with life. This kind of experience would completely break her sense of self.

What I have enjoyed the most is your overall theme that love can heal ALL things, and not just romantic love, friendship as well. That healing, does however, happens over time...a lot of time. I haven't yet finished the story, and I'm looking forward to it. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Is there more of this somewhere? Please let me know. I am enjoying reading it. The shifting POV is very effecive. I love how gentle you have made Booth and the great relationship between Angela and Bren; your revision of the demise of William was a good move--Booth will also always have scars from that monster. I just started reading fanfiction in the past week or so and I am very impressed by the talent in this group. I'd like to see you edit your story and present it in cohesive chapters.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by geraghtyvl Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:20 pm

Still waiting for the next chapter!

geraghtyvl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ChildhoodShouldBeSwings Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 am

Hope you still hope another chapter!

ChildhoodShouldBeSwings

Number of posts : 1
Say What You Want : Waiting for my knight in shining FBI standard issue body armor!
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8