Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere

+8
bcriet
RGPageantqueen
DBCrazy
Turi ray of sunshine
THX1138
MoonlightGardenias
HalsGal
willgirl
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere - Page 2 Empty Re: Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:44 am

oh god pimp the image you gave me! Haha!

My $2,000 boot prints?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere - Page 2 Empty Re: Emily and Zooey at 500 Days of Summer Premiere

Post by i_heart_bones Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:19 pm

DBCrazy wrote:Busted!

Okay, Indie, I'll try. It's just that in these fashion threads I ... Rolling Eyes No scratch confused
(Robert, is this an appropriate place to say ... I don't even know what that means?)

*clears throat* Okay, here goes ...
"So, can anyone tell what material Zooey's dress is made of? It hangs too poofy for rayon, but it's much prettier than any polyester I've ever owned."

(Any better? ) bounce

No! Sad Okay, I'll go away now... bye guys!

Perfect...right back on topic Razz

But as for an answer i have absolutely no idea...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:47 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:Busted!

Okay, Indie, I'll try. It's just that in these fashion threads I ... Rolling Eyes No scratch confused
(Robert, is this an appropriate place to say ... I don't even know what that means?)

*clears throat* Okay, here goes ...
"So, can anyone tell what material Zooey's dress is made of? It hangs too poofy for rayon, but it's much prettier than any polyester I've ever owned.

(Any better? ) bounce

No! Sad Okay, I'll go away now... bye guys!

Perfect...right back on topic Razz

But as for an answer i have absolutely no idea...

I vote for silk. She can afford that.

Last edited by PIMP on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:50 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:oh god pimp the image you gave me! Haha!

My $2,000 boot prints?

now that you mention it......they would look kinda cute in bib overalls. hope their shoulders don't sunburn. Wink

wow......I'd be honored to get a kick in the ass from boots that expensive!! LMAO
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:12 pm

Hey, looky there ... I think I can come back in now!! Very Happy

Silk or a silk blend, you say? Hmm. Sounds wonderful!

Okay, so when I peeked my head back in here I was thinking I might try and steer this thread in a bit of another direction. After all, when I look at the pic I don't see their dresses, (and I don't mean that I see them naked either!) What I mean is I see that they're both very pretty and then I try to read what's on the wall behind them. (Anybody noticed how anybody and everybody that knows there's going to be a camera taking a picture has their logo plastered all over everywhere! Oops! I don't wanna steer it there...) Some kind of vodka, Absolut, I think. Okay, they're the sponsor obviously. And 50 Days of __mmer?? I can't see it all!

No, dingbat, it's in the title of the thread ... 500 Days of Summer.

Yeah, yeah. I got it finally. I'm here, prepared for this. I was just going over my thought process when I looked at the pic.

Anyway, since it's a movie premiere I thought that a movie review would be "on topic!" Right?

DBC, quit yammering and jabbering!
Dang, she just goes on and on sometimes! Sheesh!

Okay! Anyway I went looking for a review and here's one that's pretty decent. At least now I can understand the title ... I mean "500 Days of Summer" just sounds like about a year and half at the equator to me. So here ...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

... now if that picture had a been of David then maybe I would have noticed the clothes ... or maybe I wouldn't have noticed the clothes then either! Embarassed Who knows!! ... Ciao!

Could somebody do something about her, PLEEZE!
I mean she just keeps going on and on ...
I bet I've been here waiting for this reply box for half an hour!

So, Robert, how'd the jambalaya turn out? Please tell me you didn't burn the roux.

Last edited by DBCrazy on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Q)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:43 am

Reading that review this morning got me interested in this movie, so I went googling ...

Here's the teaser trailer.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:44 am

This movie is scheduled for release on July 17th.

Here's the "official full length" trailer.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:49 am

Here's an international* version. (It skips a bit for me.)

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

*there's a bit more action in this one.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Can't WAIT to see this movie!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:16 pm

They're highlighting this show on the FOX Movie Channel right now! It's cool!!! He's talking about listening to Zooey's CD every morning on his way in to shooting it. It was perfect for playing a guy who's in love with her!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:10 pm

DBCrazy wrote:They're highlighting this show on the FOX Movie Channel right now! It's cool!!! He's talking about listening to Zooey's CD every morning on his way in to shooting it. It was perfect for playing a guy who's in love with her!

you can find those videos on youtube. There was that one and one about living in the valley.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:49 pm

I saw a commercial for this on TV this evening, finally. It says it's playing everywhere. (Not here tho.) Anybody seen it? I'd love to hear from someone how it is.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:52 pm

I saw the first 70 minutes or so, but my friend I was with got a call from her house and there was an emergency. Basically, it was pretty good. It does switch back and forth in time quite a bit, but Zooey is freaking beautiful. Supposedly, the color scheme was created to match the hue of her eyes. Note the blue tones at times. Anyway, yeah, from what I saw it was great.

--------------------------------------

Quest #3
Bonez pointz: 2

What was Booth wearing while he said this to his Bones?

Booth: Bones, it’s after midnight. Hm? Christmas Eve day. Both an Eve and a day. It’s a Christmas miracle!

When you're ready, copy the Quest # and [Only admins are allowed to see this link].
In your post be sure to include the Quest #
and place your answer under a spoiler tag.

Does anyone know if the home movie footage in the beginning is actual Deschanel home movies? It looks kind of like it maybe, but I don't know.

Last edited by DBCrazy on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BCQ clue)
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks Gardenias.

As for the early footage I don't know but I'd bet it would be. I saw Emily on Ellen or Bonnie Hunt maybe (?) and they showed early home footage of her. Her father is a cinematographer and she said that he took movies of them like every day, so there's loads and loads of footage. So I'd bet so.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Okay, I was planning on seeing the movie anyway (since GF is insisting we go, I mean really, like she didn't enjoy Transformers at all. *Pfft* Right), but this may make it all the more worthwhile - home movies. I wonder if I'll get to see a little Emily in them? One can hope...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Sounds like a fair trade-off to me, except that I think you definitely get the win-win side of it. But I wouldn't count on Em in the home movies unless Zooey's character has a sister. Except maybe if they run some of the home movies during the credits - then they might show some big sister Em.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:19 pm

I didn't get to see the end so I really don't know, but in the part I saw it was just Zooey. She's still really beautiful though. IMO, anyway.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:05 am

I watched it this morning. A sweet movie, but man shocker of an ending. It made me so sad (but if you really pay attention then it does make sense). They show the movie in days, like day 1, day 381, etc. So you get to see how their (Summer and Tom) relationship was on various days. It jumps back and forth like the days aren't shown in order. It was really neat. The music that played throughout the movie was fantastic. One Ms. Patricia Belcher (Caroline Julian) is also in the movie.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2