Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article help.

+3
sammi31
Meegs82
RGPageantqueen
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Article help. - Page 3 Empty Re: Article help.

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:12 am

ForensicMama wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:I was diagnosed with IBS. Then, 8 years later, they found out it was Celiac. Sorry, random, I know. Smile Good for you on the vitamins! I have been bad about taking them as well. Not to mention, I keep forgetting to give myself my B12 shot. Hubby even got everything out for me and said, "do your shot!" Don't know where my brain is. My nails are brittle, too, Mama. Mainly 'cuz of hypothyroidism. Okay, I'm gonna shut up about my health issues now.
My nails break a lot too, my doctor said i needed to drink more milk. I noticed that, when I was kid I used to drink a lot of milk and my nails were a lot stronger, but now that I don't drink milk as much, they get soft and break easily.... They break a lot when I go bowling... It's really annoying.

Or just add vitamins to your diet. Do you take a multivitamin? I was taking prenatals for a while and they got so strong.

And LOL at getting to hold the murder weapon!!! Very Happy That rocks!

I have these multivitamins that are supposed to taste like chocolate covered cherries, but it tastes like chalk so i stopped taking them. I need to get the ones in pill form.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:05 pm

LOL that sounds disgusting. Yeah, the pills sound better than chocolate flavored ones. Yuck.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:56 pm

ForensicMama wrote:LOL that sounds disgusting. Yeah, the pills sound better than chocolate flavored ones. Yuck.
yeah, my friend told me to get them, and It sounded like a good idea, healthy chocolate is not good!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Don't think you HAVE to drink milk to have strong nails! It's a total myth!!! Sorry, I'm just a TAD bit passionate about it. Wink You are lacking one of the following: Vitamin A, C, B6, Calcium, Niacin, or Iron. so, yeah, a multi-vitamin would be good! Smile I am becoming such a health nut! Here's an interesting link, while I'm at it:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Good you're doing better, Mama. I think it truly is amazing what cutting out animal products can do to a person's body...for the better! Of course, I do NOT begrudge people who eat animal stuff; I have for years and I am just making the change. I am excited to see what kinds of things will change for the better with my body. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Don't think you HAVE to drink milk to have strong nails! It's a total myth!!! Sorry, I'm just a TAD bit passionate about it. Wink You are lacking one of the following: Vitamin A, C, B6, Calcium, Niacin, or Iron. so, yeah, a multi-vitamin would be good! Smile I am becoming such a health nut! Here's an interesting link, while I'm at it:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

But I've noticed that in the past several weeks as I've been drinking milk more because of my sport life, I've sustained a lot of minor issues with my bones because they weren't strong, I've noticed that my nails are stronger, I've had less joint pain, and my bones are less sore. So I'm happy about that. I get so scared that i will break something, but I go to a doctor, and do what he tells me.

As for a plant based eating lifestyle, it's fine if you know what you are doing, an increase of soy products can lead to breast cancer, but if you know what you are doing and you decide to make that change than by all means go for it. I know you aren't like this- or at least i hope not- I see a lot of people who do things because they see a celebrity doing it, a lot of girls at my gym took up playing guitar because of Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus. I don't want people to take up veganism because Emily's a vegan. Because there are health risks and if you don't know what you are doing, just cutting out meat and dairy you lose a lot of vitamins that you need to live. And, I'm not saying you don't know what you are doing. But there will be someone who will read those interviews she does and takes word like the gospel and tries to be like her, unknowing the extra steps you have to take to live a healthy life.

I think theres too much extra stuff that come with veganism, and frankly I'm too lazy to care. lol. I mean I admit to not brushing my teeth before bed, cause I'm too tired and lazy! Very Happy It's also why I don't take a multi vitamin, either I forget, or I am too lazy. lol.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:14 pm

I don't want people to take up veganism because Emily's a vegan.
Funny you mentioned this. I was just having this conversation earlier with my hubby... well, not specifically about veganism, but about syncritism--going along with fads. People who become vegetarian or vegan because of a celebrity will not remain that way after a few years and they probably have one of those impressionable personalities. Changing your lifestyle because of personal reasons is one thing, but changing your entire life because of a celebrity --that's borderline insane. And probably a little creepy lol.
I kept thinking about how my brother and sister would do fads in school--Pogs, Walkmen, Gameboys, Starter Jackets--because they were IN. Meanwhile, I avoided those things like the plague because of the same reason--they were IN.
It's important that we remain our own people, with our own opinions, our own beliefs and we make our own choices. I respect people who, like Emily and her pursuit of Animal Rights, go full speed ahead despite what her peers do (not many celebrities shop at thrift stores). I don't respect people, who like my brother-in-law and his changing political opinions based on his friends' media-based political beliefs, change their opinions based on the popular opinion. How can you be your own person when you live like that?

What I'm trying to say is, whatever choices you make in life, make sure that you're making those choices for yourself and not for others. People will respect you more when you are your own person.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Good you're doing better, Mama. I think it truly is amazing what cutting out animal products can do to a person's body...for the better! Of course, I do NOT begrudge people who eat animal stuff; I have for years and I am just making the change. I am excited to see what kinds of things will change for the better with my body. Smile

I've definitely been feeling better since my daughter was born 2 1/2 years ago. I haven't had one medical issue since. It has worked for me. Although, I am afraid to take any pain medication because it was very constipating (it even said so on the label...grrr) and it caused major issues and a trip to the ER, so I'm praying that I will be able to handle the post-birth pain better next time. Hopefully I won't require stitches or any of that nasty stuff.

I hope that you will be able to see some great changes in your body, Meegs! Very Happy It's nice to see physical changes when you change your diet.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:04 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:But I've noticed that in the past several weeks as I've been drinking milk more because of my sport life, I've sustained a lot of minor issues with my bones because they weren't strong, I've noticed that my nails are stronger, I've had less joint pain, and my bones are less sore. So I'm happy about that. I get so scared that i will break something, but I go to a doctor, and do what he tells me.

As for a plant based eating lifestyle, it's fine if you know what you are doing, an increase of soy products can lead to breast cancer, but if you know what you are doing and you decide to make that change than by all means go for it. I know you aren't like this- or at least i hope not- I see a lot of people who do things because they see a celebrity doing it, a lot of girls at my gym took up playing guitar because of Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus. I don't want people to take up veganism because Emily's a vegan. Because there are health risks and if you don't know what you are doing, just cutting out meat and dairy you lose a lot of vitamins that you need to live. And, I'm not saying you don't know what you are doing. But there will be someone who will read those interviews she does and takes word like the gospel and tries to be like her, unknowing the extra steps you have to take to live a healthy life.

I think theres too much extra stuff that come with veganism, and frankly I'm too lazy to care. lol. I mean I admit to not brushing my teeth before bed, cause I'm too tired and lazy! Very Happy It's also why I don't take a multi vitamin, either I forget, or I am too lazy. lol.

Amen Smile I completely get what you're saying and I totally agree. I think that last year (when I went vegan for a whopping 3 weeks), it was more because of Emily in a way. I mean, the fact that SHE was doing it made me think, "oh, Emily is great, I should be vegan." So, obviously, that didn't last very long. Wink However, since then, I have done A LOT of reading and research and to me, logically, it makes sense to cut out animal products. Especially after talking to Emily about it last fall, I came to realize that first of all, it had been the meat that had been making me sick and secondly, that perhaps all of my health issues could be tied to eating animal products. I'm not sure if that is the ENTIRE reason for my health issues, it probably isn't, but I figured, it's worth a try if it can help me feel better. I'm already a vegetarian, so making that extra step seems logical to me. Dairy kinda grosses me out, although I do love my cheese, so I will miss that.

And like you said, RGQueen, a person HAS to know what he/she is doing when he/she goes vegan. That is what I didn't do last year. I didn't put much thought into it, I didn't learn to cook, I just pushed blindly ahead and like I said, it lasted 3 weeks. It's all about educating yourself if you want to do it. Being informed is THE best way to be successful...for anything. Smile

So, I would say that round 2 of transitioning to veganism is *inspired* by Emily, but not *because* of Emily. Wink
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Meegs82 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:But I've noticed that in the past several weeks as I've been drinking milk more because of my sport life, I've sustained a lot of minor issues with my bones because they weren't strong, I've noticed that my nails are stronger, I've had less joint pain, and my bones are less sore. So I'm happy about that. I get so scared that i will break something, but I go to a doctor, and do what he tells me.

Amen Smile I completely get what you're saying and I totally agree. I think that last year (when I went vegan for a whopping 3 weeks), it was more because of Emily in a way. I mean, the fact that SHE was doing it made me think, "oh, Emily is great, I should be vegan." So, obviously, that didn't last very long. Wink However, since then, I have done A LOT of reading and research and to me, logically, it makes sense to cut out animal products. Especially after talking to Emily about it last fall, I came to realize that first of all, it had been the meat that had been making me sick and secondly, that perhaps all of my health issues could be tied to eating animal products. I'm not sure if that is the ENTIRE reason for my health issues, it probably isn't, but I figured, it's worth a try if it can help me feel better. I'm already a vegetarian, so making that extra step seems logical to me. Dairy kinda grosses me out, although I do love my cheese, so I will miss that.

And like you said, RGQueen, a person HAS to know what he/she is doing when he/she goes vegan. That is what I didn't do last year. I didn't put much thought into it, I didn't learn to cook, I just pushed blindly ahead and like I said, it lasted 3 weeks. It's all about educating yourself if you want to do it. Being informed is THE best way to be successful...for anything. Smile

So, I would say that round 2 of transitioning to veganism is *inspired* by Emily, but not *because* of Emily. Wink

Yeah, I do have to say, that she'll make you open your eyes. I've done a lot of talking about it, not a lot of intensive research on it, because I'm not going to change my life, but enough to have an educated conversation about it. It's great to have a passion for something. Whatever it is, old people, children, animals, the environment, god, etc. It's wonderful that she wants to make the planet a better place to live, as do I. She obviously has a wee bit more money to help do that, and I think it's wonderful she spends her money on things like hybrid cars, and second hand items rather than million dollar mansions and plastic surgeries. I just got into imdb.com, and saw for a brief second on Emily's board someone saying she had a bad nose job and i laughed and thought she'd be the last person to have that done. I love that she uses her "fame" to help get her message across.

I think it's funny that one of her first acting jobs was as a paint throwing fur activist, i found it... ironic. Very Happy But i have to say that while you find this in other structured lifestyles, the "crazies" or the "fanatics" the paint throwers, the people passing out pictures of dead animals to little kids and telling them their mothers are murderers for having a furcoat. Or the loud christians spewing hatred in the name of Jesus, all of that disgusts me. Whats so wonderful about Emily is she's a leader by example, and I like that. The world needs more of those.

But there will be someone out there who will see this in Emily and think thats cool, she does it so can I, and not knowing what they are getting into can be really harmful. When I read a few of her recent interviews, I thought, It's fine she has those views but for this reason she needs to be careful how she words things. There will be someone who will take her word like the gospel, and blindly jump into something, they know nothing about. It is creepy, like mama said, but it doesn't matter, i see it in my girls at the gym, they want to be like Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus and it's fine now, but people see what these celebrities do and take their lead.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:04 am

Emily definitely does a good job at opening peoples' eyes to animal rights. I don't think I payed so much attention as I do now. I've always been the kind of person that likes canvas shopping bags and "Eco" laundry fluid, but as far as Emily goes, she definitely does a good job at inspiring people. Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:32 pm

ForensicMama wrote:Emily definitely does a good job at opening peoples' eyes to animal rights. I don't think I payed so much attention as I do now. I've always been the kind of person that likes canvas shopping bags and "Eco" laundry fluid, but as far as Emily goes, she definitely does a good job at inspiring people. Wink

a flaw I tell ya.... A flaw. LOL!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3