Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article help.

+3
sammi31
Meegs82
RGPageantqueen
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Article help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Article help.

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Oh, I wasn't talking about you putting them in your article. I just mean that I wouldn't really want to share personal stuff like that if I didn't have her permission, y'know? As for the allergies, I honestly have no idea. She just said that she had to take shots. Smile

I don't know anyone who takes shots for allergies. I'm afraid of needles, I cried when they pierced my ears, I hope for my life that I will never be diabetic, i could never give myself a shot daily! Was it self administered or did someone do it for her?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:15 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote: ...I don't know anyone who takes shots for allergies.
Actually, it's very common. And it seems to help, too. At least, it helped one of my friends just well: she took some anti-allergic shots 4 times (one shot a year only) and doesn't have any allergic reactions anymore, and that for almost 7 years by now.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:11 am

mereva wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote: ...I don't know anyone who takes shots for allergies.
Actually, it's very common. And it seems to help, too. At least, it helped one of my friends just well: she took some anti-allergic shots 4 times (one shot a year only) and doesn't have any allergic reactions anymore, and that for almost 7 years by now.
Wow, i would cry! I am sooooo scared of needles! When i was little i slapped the nurse cause she told me i needed to get a shot. Twice they had to chase me around the room where they administered the shot! I don't know why i have this fear, but i do. They call it balonaphobia.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:11 am

For more info: I think she mentioned in an interview that "to kill a mockingbird" is one of her fav novels.

About the shots: I'd guess, she is allergic to pollen. At least most people I know who have to get shots (including myself) have this allergy. My father for example has such a bad pollinosis that he has to inject cortison daily in early summer.
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:53 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:Oh, I wasn't talking about you putting them in your article. I just mean that I wouldn't really want to share personal stuff like that if I didn't have her permission, y'know? As for the allergies, I honestly have no idea. She just said that she had to take shots. Smile

I don't know anyone who takes shots for allergies. I'm afraid of needles, I cried when they pierced my ears, I hope for my life that I will never be diabetic, i could never give myself a shot daily! Was it self administered or did someone do it for her?

I would guess she probably gives them to herself. I have to give myself B12 shots. I thought it would be terrible, but once I learned how to do it, it's really not that bad. Of course, I AM used to needles; I get my thyroid tested every 3 months and that's been going on for 7 years now. But I did used to cry every time I got stuck with a needle. It's also very common for vegans to have to give themselves B12 shots.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:19 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:she has a myspace page? Is it real?

Yes it is Emily's official site. It is on myspace. Just type in the browse people Emily Deschanel and it will pop up with Emily Deschanel Official Site. I am a friend on myspace.

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:25 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:

Well as a person living with diabetes I don't take shots either. But my father did before he passed away. I am used to needles with labs set up every three months. It gets to be no big deal.

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:25 am

sammi31 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:she has a myspace page? Is it real?

Yes it is Emily's official site. It is on myspace. Just type in the browse people Emily Deschanel and it will pop up with Emily Deschanel Official Site. I am a friend on myspace.

Is this the page that the girl "Endrea" runs? If so, I really really don't think it's real. Even if it does say "Official Site." I would just be really careful. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade and perhaps I am wrong, but if you read the post by "Emily" from a couple of months ago, you will see that it most likely is not she.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:36 am

Meegs82 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:

I would guess she probably gives them to herself. I have to give myself B12 shots. I thought it would be terrible, but once I learned how to do it, it's really not that bad. Of course, I AM used to needles; I get my thyroid tested every 3 months and that's been going on for 7 years now. But I did used to cry every time I got stuck with a needle. It's also very common for vegans to have to give themselves B12 shots.
In regards to your last sentence, why is that? I never heard this, and my vegan aunt doesn't have to take shots. At least i don't think she does... Yeah, i won't give myself shots... lol. When i was little i refused to swallow pills, i had this really bad cold and i had to take a pill that looked like a smint (if you remember those) and it took me 20 minutes, literally, just to take that pill. Now a days. I pop pills like nothing! lol!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:39 am

RGQueen, I suppose I should have said that it is common for vegans to take B12 *supplements* Sorry about that! Smile Obviously, supplements can come in tablet or capsule form, but sometimes it is difficult to find them in vegan capsules. One way of avoiding the non-vegan coatings is by giving shots. I just finished that chapter in the book I am reading about Vegan Living. Plus, Emily gives herself B12 shots and after I asked her why, her exact words were, "it's just part of being a vegan." That was something personal I *wasn't* going to share, but I figured since we were on the topic, it wasn't that big of a deal. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:41 am

I was a big-time pill-popper! No, not in THAT way. Razz I *hated* liquid and chewable medications that most kids *loved*. They made me gag. So, when I was really little, I just started taking children's doses of the "adult pills." Sudafed, Benadryl, Tylenol...all pills 'cuz I couldn't stand the other stuff! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:02 am

Meegs82 wrote:I was a big-time pill-popper! No, not in THAT way. Razz I *hated* liquid and chewable medications that most kids *loved*. They made me gag. So, when I was really little, I just started taking children's doses of the "adult pills." Sudafed, Benadryl, Tylenol...all pills 'cuz I couldn't stand the other stuff! Smile
cherry flavored syrups made me gag, I liked the grape stuff. I loved chewables! Now they have strips that dissolve in your mouth. I don't think it's as strong as the liquid, though.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:05 am

Meegs82 wrote:RGQueen, I suppose I should have said that it is common for vegans to take B12 *supplements* Sorry about that! Smile Obviously, supplements can come in tablet or capsule form, but sometimes it is difficult to find them in vegan capsules. One way of avoiding the non-vegan coatings is by giving shots. I just finished that chapter in the book I am reading about Vegan Living. Plus, Emily gives herself B12 shots and after I asked her why, her exact words were, "it's just part of being a vegan." That was something personal I *wasn't* going to share, but I figured since we were on the topic, it wasn't that big of a deal. Smile
I should email my aunt about that. Maybe she's not sharing everything with me. lol. Well in that case. I'll stick to a non vegan lifestyle cause I just can't imagine wanting to give myself a shot.... no no no! I would probably sit there, debating for an hour before i made up my mind. Which would most likely be me putting down. Thats why I will never fo facial injections for beauty.... just not gonna happen. I won't even do acupuncture!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:26 am

my cousin get allergy shots at a lab, not self administered. Emily probably has B12 shots since her vegan diet does not include B12 rich foods such as meat, milk, eggs. B12 is a very important vitamin for cell development/metabolism and if one is not ingesting enough can lead to megaloblastic anemia. B12/folic acid(needs B12 to be formed) are important in cell DNA synthesis so if your bone marrow isn't producing proper red blood cells then you get an anemia which has a whole range of severity.

wow...I never thought I'd be able to apply school to Emily Deschanel...King of the Lab.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:27 pm

The truth about B12:

"Vitamin B12 is actually made by bacteria and other microorganisms in nature. The bacteria attach themselves to a host and work their way into its systems. B12 is not naturally produced by plants or animals directly, but plants and animals often find themselves as its hosts...Vitamin B12 is present in many meat products, but how did the animals get it in the first place? Most of the animals that end up on American dinner plates consume a (mostly) plant-based diet themselves. When they graze on grasses or ingest traces of soil, manure, or other contaminants, the beneficial B12 bacteria gets in their systems."

Natural sources of B12:

Fortified fruit juices, fortified soy milk and soy-based products, fermented soy-based products, enriched grains and cereals, Nutritional yeast.

Just some tidbits of info. I'm learning so much! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:28 pm

Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegan Living
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:29 pm

CanadianBones, nice going! I'd say you're King of the Lab! Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:10 pm

*sigh* I should be taking supplements. I know I don't eat right. I never have. I don't eat the right things and not enough of them, either. I've gotten back into the habit of skipping breakfast again. Not a good habit. It's really not good at all for you. I can tell when I'm not eating right. My nails get soft. That's one thing about me. I don't eat right. I never have. I try to make better decisions, but vitamins have always made me feel better. I should get back into the habit of taking vitamins. I never felt so good as when I was pregnant and taking prenatals and in the year and a half or so after having my daughter that I was nursing her and taking prenatals. They helped immensely. I should really get into that habit again. I admire Emily for how she strives to take care of her body. Reading about her always makes me want to go and try to drink some soy milk or cow milk and/or a veggie or fruit. lol Darn my addiction to carbs! Mad
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:08 am

CanadianBones wrote:my cousin get allergy shots at a lab, not self administered. Emily probably has B12 shots since her vegan diet does not include B12 rich foods such as meat, milk, eggs. B12 is a very important vitamin for cell development/metabolism and if one is not ingesting enough can lead to megaloblastic anemia. B12/folic acid(needs B12 to be formed) are important in cell DNA synthesis so if your bone marrow isn't producing proper red blood cells then you get an anemia which has a whole range of severity.

wow...I never thought I'd be able to apply school to Emily Deschanel...King of the Lab.

I don't take vitamin supplements, i probably should, i have the vitactive ones, the chocolate looking ones, but they taste like chalk.. I usually eat one scrambled egg, with a cup of yogurt, and a chocolate slim fast for breakfast, and lunch is usually a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a power bar an apple (or banana) and coke zero and dinner is usually like chicken, or something, i can't control dinner because my mom cooks it, so i'm stuck with whatever she prepares. But she's all about nutrition and that stuff, so she usually makes fairly decent meals as far as nutrition goes, and I try to keep from snacking, but I usually eat like a granola bar or something for a snack. My life as a gymnast/dancer/rhythmic gymnast kind of forces you to be thin...

but thats cool you can apply your work to real life and real people.... But really If i had to forcefully give myself a shot, i think i'd die!!! lol! So scared of needles!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:51 pm

I was good today. I bought vitamins! I didn't eat breakfast, but I did have brunch (hey, I tried...)

Pageant Queen, I didn't know you were a rhythmic dancer! How cool is that! And it sounds like you eat very healthfully. That's very important when you exercise as much as you do. In high school I was a dancer, but I didn't eat very well at all. It definitely harmed me. I'm sure I didn't reach my full potential height and it aggravated my IBS. My nails were always soft and I never felt well. Not. Good. At. All.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:13 pm

I was diagnosed with IBS. Then, 8 years later, they found out it was Celiac. Sorry, random, I know. Smile Good for you on the vitamins! I have been bad about taking them as well. Not to mention, I keep forgetting to give myself my B12 shot. Hubby even got everything out for me and said, "do your shot!" Don't know where my brain is. My nails are brittle, too, Mama. Mainly 'cuz of hypothyroidism. Okay, I'm gonna shut up about my health issues now.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:18 pm

LOL that's OK.
I haven't been diagnosed with IBS officially, but I've had issues with (gross) constipation since I was 9. 9 year olds shouldn't have that issue on a weekly basis. After I had my daughter and I had major health issues with *that* again so, I started to look into it, came across IBS with Constipation, and discovered that there are triggers. So, I started eliminating things from my diet trying to find my trigger. Turned out to be animal protein--milk, cheese, and most of all MEAT. So, I now don't eat a lot of meat, I don't drink milk very often and I haven't had a single issue since she was born 2 years ago. I feel a lot better. Thank God for the internet, right?

Shots would be hard to get used to, but since I don't have any aversions to needles, I think I'd get used to it after a bit...
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Oh man! My friend has IBS a nd she loves spicy foods and we all BEG her not to eat it, esp. if we are going on long trips or something. It's never pretty. Thankfully, I don't have any major medical issues. I have a lot of back pain that I go to my chiropractor for. And I told her about the last Bones episode and she showed me the instrument that they used as the murder weapon, so that was cool, I got to hold the murder weapon. LOL!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:32 pm

Meegs82 wrote:I was diagnosed with IBS. Then, 8 years later, they found out it was Celiac. Sorry, random, I know. Smile Good for you on the vitamins! I have been bad about taking them as well. Not to mention, I keep forgetting to give myself my B12 shot. Hubby even got everything out for me and said, "do your shot!" Don't know where my brain is. My nails are brittle, too, Mama. Mainly 'cuz of hypothyroidism. Okay, I'm gonna shut up about my health issues now.
My nails break a lot too, my doctor said i needed to drink more milk. I noticed that, when I was kid I used to drink a lot of milk and my nails were a lot stronger, but now that I don't drink milk as much, they get soft and break easily.... They break a lot when I go bowling... It's really annoying.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:33 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:I was diagnosed with IBS. Then, 8 years later, they found out it was Celiac. Sorry, random, I know. Smile Good for you on the vitamins! I have been bad about taking them as well. Not to mention, I keep forgetting to give myself my B12 shot. Hubby even got everything out for me and said, "do your shot!" Don't know where my brain is. My nails are brittle, too, Mama. Mainly 'cuz of hypothyroidism. Okay, I'm gonna shut up about my health issues now.
My nails break a lot too, my doctor said i needed to drink more milk. I noticed that, when I was kid I used to drink a lot of milk and my nails were a lot stronger, but now that I don't drink milk as much, they get soft and break easily.... They break a lot when I go bowling... It's really annoying.

Or just add vitamins to your diet. Do you take a multivitamin? I was taking prenatals for a while and they got so strong.

And LOL at getting to hold the murder weapon!!! Very Happy That rocks!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next