Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very Bad News, Ryan O'Neil Fans!!! Actor and Son Arrested

4 posters

:: News

Go down

Very Bad News, Ryan O'Neil Fans!!! Actor and Son Arrested Empty Very Bad News, Ryan O'Neil Fans!!! Actor and Son Arrested

Post by marymageli Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:16 pm

It's some totally real life news. I hesitated whether to post it at all, but anyway, here I am. Does this mean he'll have to leave the show? It has happened with others at other shows...I am sad. Very sad. But...it's RL.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Ryan O'Neal and Son Arrested on Suspicion of Drug Possession

Actor Ryan O'Neal and his son, Redmond, have been arrested on suspicion of drug possession.

Deputies were doing a regular sweep of the O'Neal home to enforce Redmond's probation when they discovered him in possession of narcotics, a sheriff's spokesman said, according to People. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said they also found a vial of drugs near Ryan's bedroom.

Both father, 67, and son, 23, were released on $10,000 bail.

The younger O'Neal entered rehab for heroin in 2004, and this past June pleaded guilty to possession and a misdemeanor DUI charge. His mother is Farrah Fawcett and his half-sister is actress Tatum O'Neal, who was arrested in June for allegedly attempting to buy cocaine. She pleaded guilty to charges of disorderly conduct in July. — Anna Dimond

Last edited by marymageli on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Number of posts : 28379
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Very Bad News, Ryan O'Neil Fans!!! Actor and Son Arrested Empty Re: Very Bad News, Ryan O'Neil Fans!!! Actor and Son Arrested

Post by Lo Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:24 pm

oh wow. i remember hearing about his son but him as well? thats shocking. its sad how drugs can run peoples lives. i hope he can return to the show. hes in an upcoming episode isnt he? thanks for posting.

Last edited by Lo on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Very Bad News, Ryan O'Neil Fans!!! Actor and Son Arrested Empty Re: Very Bad News, Ryan O'Neil Fans!!! Actor and Son Arrested

Post by mereva Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:14 pm

*sighing and shaking head* Does he really need this kind of trouble?..
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:07 pm

Now Tatum O'Neil, Ryan's daughter speaks up about her father's and brother's arrest. She is very honest... TV Guide Reports.

Tatum O'Neal Speaks Out on Ryan's, Redmond's Arrests

Tatum O'Neal expressed concern for her father and half-brother, Ryan and Redmond O'Neal, after the two were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of drug possession.

"I'm really worried about Redmond," the actress told People. "I want them both to get better and get the help they need — especially my brother."

"[Addiction] runs in families. It's a disease," Tatum continued. "I'm praying for both of them. I'm praying for my whole family. I hope Red will get treatment. That's what he needs. There is hope for Redmond."

The O'Neal men were arrested after authorities made routine sweeps through the house to enforce Redmond's parole. They were later released on $10,000 bail each. Redmond, 23, had pleaded guilty to drug possession and one misdemeanor DUI charge in June, which came after a 2004 rehab stint for heroin addiction.

Tatum was herself arrested in June for allegedly attempting to purchase cocaine. In July, the actress pleaded guilty to a charge of disorderly conduct. — Anna Dimond
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:11 am

The saga continues. Ryan O'Neil denies charges.TVGuide reports.

Ryan O'Neal's Lawyer: Drugs Do Not Belong to Ryan

Ryan O'Neal had "nothing to do" with the stash of drugs found in his home on Wednesday, his attorney said.

"Those were not Ryan's drugs, he doesn't use drugs, and has nothing to do with them," Mark Werksman told People. "It's a dangerous assumption for deputies to have arrested Ryan just because he was in proximity to the drugs."

The actor and his son, Redmond, 23, were arrested on suspicion of drug possession after authorities discovered a vial of methamphetamines in Ryan's bedroom.

Werksman claimed the drugs are not his client's, but declined to specify whose they were or how they ended up in Ryan's room.

Father and son were released on $10,000 bail each Wednesday afternoon. Charges have not been filed yet, but Werksman is thinking positively.

"I have full confidence that Ryan will be vindicated," he said. — Joyce Eng
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:18 am

i want to believe he is innocent...........but with his background..........i dont know.........but............we shall see.............

thanks mary for the news........you rock with this
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down