Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boston Road Trip!

4 posters

Go down

Boston Road Trip! Empty Boston Road Trip!

Post by RollOnFriday Sat May 31, 2008 1:09 pm

Posted by flyersfan35 on the 13/11/2007 at 18:44:26 (13/11/2007 07:44:26 PM)

Okay, so, I was keeping a journal for myself about our trip, and I decided I would post it here, if anyone is interested in reading them...

Nov. 9, 2007

Left work at 12:15 and drove to luli’s house in Alexandria. Had to call her to come get me, about 5 minutes away, I thought I had driven too far, but I didn’t. Left Luli’s at around 3:15, had horrible traffic on 495, and 95, and didn’t get to the hotel until about 6:40 pm.

Puppet and Dawn got there about 7:45, then we went to Panera Bread to eat. Stopped and got gas and picked up 2 cases of beer for puppet, then went back to the hotel.

Side note: kas texted me all damn day; she was very bored! Lol!

Talked, chatted online, set up puppet’s computer, and generally laughed our asses off all night. There was a mirror on the wall, and puppet looked at it, and said it looked like a dick! Lol! We had to take pictures…

Now it’s time for bed…it’s 2:51 am….haha, and I have no clue what time we are getting up, but we are having fun! Can’t wait for tomorrow!

Nov. 10, 2007

This was our driving day. We woke up and went down to breakfast, (well, after we got luli out of bed), and we met a sweet lady. She was from CA, in town because her son was having surgery at York Hospital. We talked for a while, then she asked us if we were old school friends or something. Dawn told her about us meeting on the aby, and deciding to meet in person. She thought it was great, and said that everyone who told us we were crazy were just jealous, and she wished she was going along! Take that, Steph and Allie! Lol!

We left the hotel at 10:30, and stopped at sheetz for a latte for me, since we had a long drive ahead. The drive was very fun….we talked, laughed, and made fun of each other…it was great! Stopped for gas in NJ, even tho I didn’t need it then, cuz it was $2.98 a gallon…the guy probably thought I was an idiot, because I don’t think I’ve ever had anyone pump my gas before! Lol!

We had no problems at all during the trip, until we got off the MA turnpike into Boston….the directions weren’t very good, and it was dark, and Boston is a fucked up city! And you can barely even see the street signs! The hotel is only like 2 miles from our exit, but we spent over an hour trying to find it! Called the hotel, they told us to go the wrong direction! Luli called her mom, and she was trying to help…finally after having to go through an alley and almost hitting another car, we found ourselves on longwood ave, but we still couldn’t find it! We drove past the damn thing 3 times, till we saw the hotel sign, way up high, on the side of a parking garage! Needless to say, by the time we made it, we were all very stressed!

We checked in, then went to the hotel restaurant to eat, since there was no way I was driving around in Boston till we leave! We waited 20 minutes for our drinks….my food and puppet’s was good, but luli and dawn’s wasn’t….needless to say, it was quite an experience!

After we finally got into our new room, we all settled down with our laptops. Chatting with everyone put us in a better mood. Chatted with kasper, and decided to meet in government center, at the starbucks, at noon. Can’t fucking wait!

Side note: BC lost the damn game….

Sunday, November 11, 2007

We got up this morning, prepared to meet kasper at noon at Government Center, but she said she would be there early, so we left to meet her. Unfortunately, we were running a bit late, trying to navigate the T…

Finally got to Government Center, made our way to the Starbucks, where we supoooosed to meet…but our ghosty girl is way too smart…she was watching us, to make sure we were who we said we were…a bunch of crazy women! Of course, maybe she’s not so smart after all, she actually did introduce herself…lol!

Anywhoo…we just started randomly walking the city, since kas was supposed to have planned this part of our trip out, but you can see how that turned out… Next time, puppet and I will plan our adventures!

The city of Boston is pretty, btw, as long as you don’t have to drive! We saw some interesting things…and I took some pics, even though some people tried not to be in them! We stopped at Cheers, and puppet bought a sweatshirt, and posed for pics…at least she wasn’t mean…

We were walking along, looking at the sights, when we came across Newberry Street and kas said that Condom World was on that street, (I have no clue how she would know that), so puppet just HAD to have a picture of it! We walked for a bit, but couldn’t find it, so I took some pics of an old church instead.

Luli wanted to go to Boston University, to the bookstore, so she could get a shirt or something…silly girl, she went there for four years and never got a shirt…how’s that for loyalty? Lol! Of course, when we got there, kasper refused to go in, so her and puppet and I stayed outside, and dawn went in with her. Well, they were in there for like 3 hours…(okay, I may have exaggerated just a bit)!

In the meantime, someone kept texting kas, because neither of them got their homework done on Saturday, and he needed her ‘help‘…so she kept saying she had to go soon. Anywhoo, when dawn and luli finally came out of the book store, we decided to head back to the hotel. I had to give kasper her damn bag full of pretzels…

Before we made it back, though, we took the T to try to find a bookstore that supposedly had the Bones companion book for sale, but we couldn’t find it. We did, however, find a store called ‘The Puppet Show Place”, and of course I had to take a pic of the puppet under the sign!

Walking back to the hotel, we passed a guy all alone playing in a field with 2 soccer balls…you can imagine the kinds of comments that elicited!

We finally made it back to the hotel, where I turned on my laptop to try to find the bookstore for puppet…I wasn’t sure how to find it, so I innocently gave kas my computer, and went to the bathroom…funny, it got really quiet when I was in there, and when I came out, kas wouldn’t let me see my computer screen! The damn ghost was on the aby, posting as herself, under MY screen….I should have known never to let her alone…

After all that fun, I made them pose for a picture, then I gave kas her pretzels, and her other gifts. She really needed to get back to finish her homework, so puppet and I went along, while luli and dawn stayed at the hotel, cuz luli didn’t want to go to Boston College…I swear, those two…acting just like children…

We took the T to Reservoir, where we hopped on the shuttle bus to BC, kasper trying to drive me crazy the whole time by talking in a stupid accent…god, I love her…and literally making puppet and I laugh hysterically!

We got to the campus, and kasper showed us the bookstore, then had to be on her way. We said goodbye, then I bought a BC sweatshirt, then puppet and I took a few pics of the campus. After that, we took the bus and the T back to the hotel.

Dinner was at Bertucci’s that night…it was soooo good! The food was awesome, the service was excellent…totally opposite from the night before. The only thing missing was kas, but I will make sure she will be there the next time! I had 2 fuzzy navels, because kas told puppet it was her job to make sure I drank, and also because I knew I needed to sleep that night, cuz we were leaving at 5 am the next morning! Everyone seemed to enjoy my drunken silliness…damn crazy women…

Back to the hotel for…what else? Chatting online! Haha, not for long, though, we all went to bed early, so that we would be refreshed for our trip home.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Another driving day. Got up at 4 am and packed up. Left Boston around 5:45 am, and, following different directions, we found the MA turnpike in 5 minutes with no problems.

These different directions led us through NY to NJ over the George Washington Bridge. We were able to see the NY skyline. Got on the NJ turnpike at Newark…a plane took off right over us, it seemed so close.

No problems on the way back and we made it to PA about 1:30 pm. Said goodbye to puppet, who had another long drive ahead of her back to OH, then Dawn, Luli and I headed to Luli’s home in VA.

Arrived there about 4:00 pm, where her family was busy cooking dinner for us! Gotta tell you, Luli’s family is freaking awesome, as is Luli herself! Her grandmother even gave up her bed for me!

Had a wonderful dinner, then, having been in the car all day, we retired to our rooms, where we, of course, pulled out our laptops and chatted! Luli’s mom came by every once in a while, and stood in the hallway, looking from one to the other to the other, shaking her head and calling us pathetic! Lol! Gotta agree with her!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Got up and got ready to go. Luli led us to Boston Market for lunch, then we said goodbye, and Dawn and I headed to PA.

It was a very good drive, no traffic, and we made wonderful time. We were early for Dawn’s bus, so I asked her what she wanted to do. She said we could just go to the bus station, but I didn’t want her sitting there for 2 hours, so I took her into town, past the York College campus, which is really pretty.

Drove through historic downtown York, then finally headed to the bus station, which really was a hole in the wall! Said goodbye, and then I headed home.

Side note: I had a super time, everyone was so awesome! And I definitely plan to go back to Boston, to see kas and see more of the sights… Like I said before, Boston is a beautiful town…when you don’t have to drive in it! Next time, I’m gonna fly!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Okay, this is puppet, a2b, luli and kasper

And this is puppet and a2b at cheers...

And this is Boston College, and the steps I made my poor ghosty girl walk up...

Okay, this is me....I don't even remember them taking this pic...
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Boston Road Trip! Empty Re: Boston Road Trip!

Post by Polygirl Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:00 am

oh yea this was fun
Polygirl
Polygirl
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10721
Say What You Want : There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:36 am

That sounds like a blast!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:28 am

I was bored, so I figured I would repost the pictures here, since they didn't go through for some reason...

flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:29 am

And of course, I can't see half of them...stupid computer screen. If you can't see them, just right click on them and pull them up.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down