Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bullpen

+25
Zeddie
Rike
MoonlightGardenias
THX1138
Cassiopeia
kmmp99
ehbee
danireed
Julz7389
starbuck1974
Sarah9488
clairebear_nz
piratesmiley
rzappa16lovesB&B
mrsdavidboreanaz
sammi31
Meegs82
space
himbeer29
Fluffernutter
phoebsfan
riviera41797
ToZiKa
Bella Loony
willgirl
29 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Bullpen - Page 7 Empty Re: The Bullpen

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:10 pm

are we even sure that Jonah is the one who is dead?
I mean Sweets should recognize him and all, but the autopsy report and the desribtion of THE VICTIM in the storage room show a lot of differences....for example the age or the eye color.....
so maybe it wasn't even Jonah who got killed.....

now I am even more confused

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Okay I think I am actually getting closer to solving this now!
If we just assume, that Jonah is the one killed we have Charles, Lilly, Sinclair and Edwina as suspects.

The e-mail, the Youtube video and the shred of fabric found at Jonah's appartment point at Charles.
The hotel keycard and the prenub point at Lilly.
The hotel keycard and the shred of fabric point at Sinclair.
Edwina does not appear to be the one who killed her own son, I just don't think she could have caused those injuries. So I can erase her from the suspect list.

That leaves us with Charles, Lilly and Sinclair.
So we know for certain that Lilly and/or Sinclair where in his appartment sometime between their hotel-meeting and his death or maybe even after his death.

Sinclair could IMO be another relative, mostly because of the pin-up pic with the man in the background and the fact that he is the son of the chauffeur. But later on I thought about the fact that maybe the chauffeur was having an affair with Edwina, but it might have been a little obvious if she got pregnant again. Someone would have found out about that. Especially since Jonah is 10 years older than Sinclair. So the only other possibility for that all to add up, is if in fact Jonah or Charles is also the son of the chauffeur, who really was having an affair with Edwina.

So they are all half-brother's Charles and Jonah have the same mother, but a different father and one of them as the same father as Sinclair, who has a different mother though.

Lilly has several DUI's (which means she drove under the influence of drugs, if I researched correctly) so I keep wondering why Charles married her.....he wouldn't have done that, if he really cared as much as we are lead to believe about his acceptance in society. And therefore I don't think that the youtube vid would make him sweat either. The e-mail could have been send from almost everyone, who works at the campaign headquarters. So the only remaining hint in his direction is the shred of fabric, which could also lead to Vanderhill.

Now on to his motives...The possible affair of his wife, wouldn't lead to killing his brother, even if he was the one telling him about that fact. And I don't think that the video is really a motive (I already covered this under hints.) So his only remaining motive would be the family money, if he in fact was the son of the chauffeur. But if you think about the fact that Edwina's man is nowhere mentioned, he is most likely already dead he wouldn't have to worry about that. Because Edwina is still his mother and he could inherit from her, without any problems.
If Jonah was the son of the chauffeur there wouldn't have been any problems at all, because he was never interested in the family money anyway.

So first conclusions:
Charles and Sinclair have the same father and Charles no longer has a motive.
Sinclair never had a chance to inherit any of the Sneed-family money anyway, so that couldn't have been his motive either.
Lilly's only apparent motive is the prenub and her possible affair with Sinclair.

The fact that the murder weapon possibly was already at the appartment and the murder left it there afterwards, leads me to think that it was a crime of passion. Someone who planned to kill Jonah would have brought the weapon with him.
As Jonah appears to be the only son of both Edwina and Mr Sneed, the packets of hair must belong to him and Charles.
But now I have no idea why Jonah would have those packets.
So maybe someone planted the evidence there to lead the police to Charles as the murder.

And that brings me back to Lilly and Sinclair.
The most logical scenario would be that they did have an affair and Jonah found out about that.
Maybe Jonah confronted them with his knowledge and that made them kill him.
It is possible that Lilly would get lot's of the family money if her husband would have been convicted of murder, so that's another strong motive on her side. And of course Vanderhill would know everything about that.

So right now, I'd say that Vanderhill and Lilly are the only suspects left.
I'll wait for the next clue (there is still one left, right?) before I make my final decision.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Okay I just realized now, how long this turned out to be and I am sure, that I covered some of those hints and clues at least twice.....so sorry for the long post Embarassed

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:03 am

okay this last clue isn't helping me at all.....I can't even think about anyone who could be connected to this restaurant

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:32 am

I agree with Robert and Tozi. Vanderhill and Lily is the couple who killed him. But now then. As DD says there is only one killer, then I bet the killer was Lily. Hmm. I don't know if i post that in the interrogation room so soon.
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:19 pm

I'm not entirely sure if they were both involved just yet, but I could - more or less easily - rule out the other suspects.
But this last clue doesn't mean anything to me.....maybe I miss something important here.
Any ideas?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:28 am

I've been offline all week due to internet and computer problems, but I'm glad to see I'm back on for the end.

That last clue doesn't seem to fit in with anything else that we've learned to far nor does it really point to anyone specific. The only thing I can think of so far about who might have ties to the restaraunt would be Edwina due to her connections in society, but I'm not sure how important that might be.

So far Lilly still seems like a suspect as well as Sinclair. I don't think they were both involved, but I suppose it is possible.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:19 am

Okay I think I'm ready with my conclusion.

Jonah is dead and Edwina (the mother), Charles (the Brother), Lilly (the Sister-in-Law), and Sinclair (the Lawyer) are all suspects.

Edwina is out, she doesn't have it in her physically to commit the crime. That leaves us with Charles, Lily and Sinclair.

Physical Evidence as follows:
The e-mail, the YouTube video, the fabric scrap point to Charles.
The hotel keycard, the pre-nup, and the linguini point to Lilly.
The hotel keycard, the shred of fabric, and the hair (I think) point to Sinclair.

Lily and Sinclair were having clandestine meetings, which points to possible conspiracy but it could also have been Sinclair was mining for data from Lily. In any case either one had the time and opportunity to commit the crime.

I think the Sinclair is a half brother to either Charles or Jonah (possibly both) and that is a significant part of the puzzle. Jonah would have been at least ten at the time of Edwina's pregnancy with Sinclair, if Sinclair found out that he was related he had incentive to start pushing for his share of the family estate. Jonah, given his disdain for the family's wealth, would be thought of as a natural ally. Sinclair goes to see Jonah and instead of an ally finds him resistant to the idea of the odious Sinclair to being a 'full blooded sneed' regardless of his mother's past indescretions. An argument erupts, there's a struggle resulting in the perimortem bruising. During the struggle the bookcase is toppled onto Jonah. Seeing him pinned there Sinclair snatches at the first thing he sees, the billyclub, and swings twice at Jonah's head, silencing him. Sinclair wipes off his prints and leaves Jonah to die.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content