Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken (errr Drama, Rating ummm T I guess lol) – By Sany Posted 18/10/2007 12:06:41 AM

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Broken (errr Drama, Rating ummm T I guess lol) – By Sany Posted 18/10/2007 12:06:41 AM Empty Broken (errr Drama, Rating ummm T I guess lol) – By Sany Posted 18/10/2007 12:06:41 AM

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:23 am

Disclaimer: Okay this will be for everything that follows cause I get sick of writing these. It's not mine but a girl can dream that Booth is right?

A/N: Okay first off thanks to Loony for going over these rough chapters for me since I didn't have the time. God I hope I'm pasting the right copy lol. Hope you enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ch 1 Fading

Sirens were blaring, lights were flashing, and there was the distant murmur of voices. She wanted to open her eyes wanted to scream, tell them where she was, but it took all the strength she had to barely move her hand. Her legs were broken, as was her left arm and her right arm was dislocated. She was pretty sure that she had a couple of ribs broken as well judging by the searing pain that breathing caused her. Her face like the rest of her body was so broken and beaten that it was amazing that she still lived.

She had never hurt this much in her life. Then again right now she couldn’t remember her life, only the pain. She didn’t know who she was, or where she was from, she remembered nothing. It was as if she didn’t exist before and now it seemed that her short and painful existence would be cut even shorter.

Slowly her mind started to slip into the darkness. The muffled sound that she could hear earlier started to fade into the background as well. She knew that losing consciousness was a bad thing, which she should fight, but the comfort that spoke to her was too much to refuse. Just as she started to give up on fighting she heard a voice.

“Over here. I found her over here. Bring the paramedics I don’t think she’s going to last much longer.”

Slipping back into the blackness she no longer cared about anything anymore. The pain was gone. It didn’t matter if she was dying. She was pretty sure she had no one. Besides, what difference would it make; she couldn’t remember who she was. Death would just be an end to what seemed to be a short and extremely painful existence. Giving into the darkness she never noticed the people around her, struggling to get her into the ambulance, struggling to keep her alive.

At the hospital, doctors, paramedics, and nurses were barking orders as they wheeled the battered woman into an ER room. They transferred her from the gurney she was wheeled in on to the hospital bed, hooking up a number of devices to monitor her stats. Dr. Louis was ordering complete x-rays and demanding an operating room immediately when their patient suddenly flat-lined.

Rushing back to the woman the doctor began CPR. When she was not responding to the CPR he made a grab for the defibulator. When the machine was charged he yelled clear before shocking the already fragile woman. There was no response. Charging to a higher wattage he repeated the process. Finally after the third shock the woman’s heartbeat was back, it was slow and her breathing was shallow but with her back they had a chance to keep her alive.

The doctors continued working on her when she started to cough up blood.

“Shit, she’s bleeding internally. I need that O.R. Now!” yelled Dr. Louis. Turning her on her side, so she wouldn’t drown in her own blood the doctor heard one word before the woman slipped back into unconsciousness.

“Booth.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

Okay I know first chapter isn't long but well it gets longer believe me.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Broken (errr Drama, Rating ummm T I guess lol) – By Sany Posted 18/10/2007 12:06:41 AM Empty Re: Broken (errr Drama, Rating ummm T I guess lol) – By Sany Posted 18/10/2007 12:06:41 AM

Bella Loony

Posted 18/10/2007 02:53:39 PM

Sany:

Woohoo!! Guess what I found??? One of my favorite stories of all time!! Yahoo!! I so love the way you set this one up and it just gets better!! I have to work in a bit, but I'll get 5&6 edited and sent back probably today! It's about bloody time you posted it in here!! Woohoo for Broken!! That doesn't sound good, but it is!!

BDWSGBL
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Broken (errr Drama, Rating ummm T I guess lol) – By Sany Posted 18/10/2007 12:06:41 AM Empty Re: Broken (errr Drama, Rating ummm T I guess lol) – By Sany Posted 18/10/2007 12:06:41 AM

kiki

Posted 18/10/2007 05:42:44 PM

Sany!!!! Aaaagggh! What did you do?! Oh my gosh golly, I'm hooked! You got me! Wow. Love it! Brilliant. Wonderful. Amazing.

If I keep showering you with praise will you update quicker?!

Astounding! Incredible! Remarkable!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:24 am

DBAngelfan

Posted 19/10/2007 01:50:30 AM

Did you start this on the Boneyard? Either way, I want more soon!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:24 am

Sany

Posted 19/10/2007 12:30:56 AM

Thank ya much guys Really appreciate it. Kiki I didn't know you hadn't read this I would have sent it to you if I knew that. Oh well guess your reading it now huh? lol.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:25 am

Posted 19/10/2007 12:36:51 AM

Okay so here is Chapter 2. Thanks again Loony. I know you went over this a while ago but still thanks.

Ch 2 Phone Calls

The clock read 3:30 a.m. when Special Agent Seeley Booth tried to turn it off. When the noise didn’t stop, he realized that it was his phone ringing, not the alarm. Rolling over, the half asleep agent reached over and opened the device to stop the annoying sound.

“Booth,” he said groggily.

“Agent Booth, its Deputy Director Cullen. I just got a call from the local police. It seems that a woman was found on the side of the road beaten nearly to death.”

“I take it that this is a new case sir,” Booth asked, tossing the blankets aside to begin getting ready for a late night case.

“No Booth, the reason I’m calling is earlier tonight the police went back to the hospital to get a statement from the doctors and nurses, having already gotten statements from the paramedics that worked on her.” There was a pause on the other end of the phone that Booth didn’t like. “The cop that called me said that he knew that an Agent
Booth worked for me.”

“Sir I don’t see what this has to do with the battered woman.”

“Booth, the cop said that the woman spoke one word before she lost consciousness in the ER.” There was another long pause. “She said your name, Booth.”

Booth stood frozen in the middle of his bedroom halfway into his shirt. His heart was hammering in his chest as he forced his mouth to form the question that his mind needed to ask.

“Who is it sir.”

“We don’t know Booth. She is in pretty rough shape. The locals want you to head over to the hospital, to see if you can identify the woman in question.”

“I’m on my way out the door sir. What hospital?”

“D.C. General.”

Flicking the phone shut Booth grabbed his keys off the hook next to the door. Hastily shutting the door and locking it behind him he headed toward his SUV, never noticing the fact that he hadn’t done up his shirt or put on a coat.

As he rushed along the street towards the hospital, Booth’s mind made up horrible scenarios of what woman could have possibly called out his name. With each face he pictured, his heart ached more and more. If it were Cam, he knew he would be concerned, even though they were no longer seeing each other, they were still friends. If it were Rebecca he didn’t know what he would tell Parker. The face that hurt the most though was Bones. He wasn’t even sure how he would handle that possibility. She meant everything to him, though he would never admit it. *It just can’t be Bones* he thought. *She is the most self reliant woman I know, not to mention the fact that she knows three different types of martial arts. It just isn’t possible for it to be her. There is no way.* Booth wasn’t sure who the battered woman he was about to face was, but for some reason his instincts were telling him to be prepared for the worse, which would be Brennan.

Parking near the hospital entrance Booth rushed in through the Emergency entrance doors. Coming to a stop at the nurse’s station he directed his question to the blonde headed nurse seated there.

“I was told to ask for a woman that was brought in earlier tonight,
severely beaten.”

“And who do you think you are?” asked the haughty nurse.

Worried, annoyed, and in no mood to put up with the crap that this nurse was trying to pull, he pulled out his FBI badge.

She looked at him with an odd smirk on her face as she replied. “Nice uniform.”

Caught off guard Booth looked down to see what she was smirking at. That was when he finally noticed his shirt still wasn’t done up. Refusing to give into the embarrassment that the nurse was trying to cause he demanded “Where is she?”

“I’ll get Dr. Louis. He can better explain the situation to you.”

While waiting for the nurse to return with the doctor Booth took the time to do up his shirt. When they had returned, a man in his mid 50’s, salt and pepper hair, a crooked smile and wired rimmed glasses extended his hand for Booth to take.

“Agent Booth, nice to meet you, I wish it could have been under better circumstances though. I’m Dr. Louis; I am the doctor treating the young woman that was brought in earlier tonight.”

“Nice to meet you too,” Booth said as he shook the man’s hand. “What can you tell me about the woman Dr. Louis?”

“She was brought in around 9:30pm. She was beaten so severely that it may be hard to recognize her. She had a dislocated shoulder that has been set back into place. Her left forearm is broken, her left fibula is broken, and luckily it didn’t require pins or screws. She has also fractured her right ankle; we are waiting for the swelling to go down a little before we put a cast on. Those casts will have to remain on between four to six weeks, possibly longer. She has two broken ribs on her left side, one of which punctured a lung but it has been repaired by surgery. And finally she has a number of bruises, abrasions and lacerations. She is unconscious at the moment, but I expect her to wake up on her own within a few days.”

“Is there anything else?” Booth asked running through the injuries the doctor gave in his mind again. *It was a miracle this woman was still alive*, he thought amazingly.

“Well she’s lost a lot of blood. That’s why she is in critical condition. It seems that after she was no longer able to fight back, she turned onto her right side and curled into a ball. It explains why most of the damage is done to her left side. I’ll take you to see her now.”

Walking to the door of the small ICU room the doctor stopped. “Are you ready for this?” he asked. Booth’s only response was a nod. When the door swung open he was no where near ready for what he saw. The sight before him almost made his knees buckle. He was barely able to keep the tears back. Nothing he had done, seen, or experienced in his life had prepared him for what was in front of him.

The only thing he could do was stare at the woman lying in the small bed. He still wasn’t sure if this wasn’t actually a nightmare. The way she looked in that bed made him feel as if someone had hit him across the chest with a bat. *No one deserved to have this done to them, especially not her. Hasn’t she suffered enough in her life? Is it really necessary for her to go through this type of pain as well?* he thought, completely overwhelmed by the site of the battered woman that lay before him.

It took all of Booth’s strength not to crumple to the floor at the sight of her. He was, after all, supposed to protect her, but here she lay in the hospital bed covered in bandages and casts, tubes running to an IV in her hand and wires connected her to machines that monitored her vitals. The guilt he was feeling quickly turned to anger, he knew without a doubt that he would find out what had happened to his partner, and when he did find out who had done this to her he wasn’t going to show them any mercy.

Finally building up enough courage, he turned to the doctor and simply stated “Her name is Dr. Temperance Brennan.”

“Wait,” The doctor said, as the name struck something in his memory “The best selling author and world renowned forensic anthropologist?” Booth nodded. “What the hell happened to her?”

“I don’t know, but I intend to find out,” Booth stated. “I have to make a few phone calls but I’m coming back. That won’t be a problem
will it?”

“Normally I’d say yes, but I’ll make arrangements with the nurse so that you can come back in.”

“Make arrangements for a couple more people to come in as well,” Booth said.

Sighing Dr. Louis replied “I can do it for one other person and that is it Agent Booth, until she recovers a bit more there will be no visitors besides you and that other person.”

Booth nodded, thankful for the doctor's kindness and replied, “Fair enough. Make the arrangements for myself and Angela Montenegro.”

He headed outside to make the necessary phone calls. Booth debated calling Angela first but decided against it. Calling his boss he nervously paced in front of the emergency room doors.

The voice that answered the phone was less than amused. “This better be good because it’s five in the morning.”

“Sir it’s Booth,” stopping Booth had to take a deep breath. “The woman that was found on the side of the road… it was Bones, sir.” He stopped again and Cullen took the opportunity to cut in.

“Agent Booth I want you to take as much time as you need. I know that you and the doctor are close. I’ll open an official FBI case when I get to work.”

“Yes Sir. I want to be part of the investigation.”

“I don’t think tha…” Booth cut him off.

“Sir, I know what policy says, but I have to be a part of this. Besides you know as well as I do that her squints can find out the truth faster and better than anyone else you could assign.”

“Fine Booth, but if I think that your judgment is in anyway impaired by how close you are to the victim I will pull you off this case, if not suspend you, if need be.”

“Yes sir. I will not let my emotions get the better of me in this matter,” Booth didn’t even believe it as he said it so he knew that the Deputy Director wasn’t going to.

“Bye Booth.”

Hanging up Booth took another deep breath before dialling Angela’s
number.

“-lo” answered a sleepy Angela.

“Angela, its Booth.” He had barely gotten his name out when he heard her pull in a shaky breath.

“Booth what’s wrong?”

“Ange, Bones is in the hospital.” He was having trouble controlling the emotion in his voice. “I made arrangements for you to be able to come in without any argument from the nurses, but only you.”

“Oh my God! Booth what happened?” she asked. Booth could hear his own emotions reflected in her voice.

“I’d rather tell you when you get here okay.”

“I’ll be there as fast as I can,” she said hurriedly.

“We’re at D.C. General, Angela,” Booth said before he heard the distinct sound of the phone being closed.

Booth waited outside Brennan’s room for the woman who was Bones' best friend in the whole world, pacing back and forth with worry. He knew he had to prepare her for what she was about to see. Then again nothing in the world could have prepared him for what he had saw when he first walked into that ICU room. Noticing Angela running through the doors, Booth went to meet her.

“Where is she Booth?” she asked her voice ragged with emotion.

“Angela, before you go in to see her I need to tell you a few things first.” She nodded. Leading her to a chair, he got her to sit and tried to calm her a bit before he continued. “I’m not sure what happened to her but I will find out. You also need to brace yourself for what your about to see.”

“How bad is it Booth?” her voice was quivering now with unshed tears.

“Angela, she was beaten to within an inch of her life.” Booth had to stop to steady his own voice. “She doesn’t even look like herself. She is just so broken and pale. The sight will shock you and if you have to leave I will understand.”

At his last statement Angela jumped up. “Booth no matter how bad it is nothing could make me leave her. I love that woman like a sister. Hell I’d say she is the sister I never had. I will not leave her in her time of need no matter how hard it may be.” She was furious about what had happened to her friend. Booth offered her a small smile of understanding, which came out to be more of a grimace.

“I didn’t think you would. Now let’s go in and see her.” Taking Angela by the hand he gave her a reassuring squeeze before stepping into the room. Upon seeing the normally strong and lively woman lying broken in the small hospital bed, Angela finally let her tears flow free as she whispered “Oh God Sweetie, what happened?” She rushed over to the side of the bed, taking the one hand without a bandage into her own, she gently rubbed it as much for her own comfort as for Brennan’s.

After a few silent minutes Booth spoke again “Angela will you stay with her?”

“Of course, I don’t plan on going anywhere. I’ll call the others at work later to let them know.” She paused looking at Booth for a moment. “Where are you going?” She finally asked.

“I’m going to find whoever did this to Bones and I am going to make them pay.” His jaw clenched tighter as he walked out the hospital room door.

Smiling Angela looked down at Brennan and whispered softly “He really does love you.”
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:25 am

Posted 19/10/2007 12:41:24 AM

And Just for the hell of it here is chapter 3 as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 Anger

Booth was back in his apartment in a matter of minutes. He knew he couldn’t go into the office dressed the way he was, with a night’s growth of beard on his face. Cullen definitely wouldn’t give him the case if he showed up in that state. Trying to straighten his tie up was proving to be a challenge. Every time he looked in the mirror he didn’t see his own reflection, all he could see was the memory of what his partner looked like in the hospital bed. The more he thought about her, in that helpless situation, the more his anger grew and it quickly turning into rage and a lust for vengeance.

His thoughts suddenly stopped when he looked down at his, now, bloody right hand. Glancing back up into the mirror, Booth saw his splintered reflection. He couldn’t even remember punching the mirror. He obviously had though, since there was a piece of glass still embedded in his hand. Carefully pulling the shard out, Booth cleaned the area and wrapped his hand with a bandage. Not wanting to waste anymore time, he let the rest of the shattered glass lay where it fell, to be cleaned up later.

Carefully, he navigated his way to work; he didn’t want to have a repeat performance of what had happened earlier. in his bathroom. He parked the SUV then made straight for Cullen’s office. Arriving at the closed door he knocked, practically pulling himself back before he could rush into the office and demand Brennan’s file.

“Come in Booth,” the Director’s voice resounded. It didn’t take long before Booth was standing in front of the man’s desk.

“Sir, I’m sure you know why I’m here,” Booth’s tone made it more a statement than a question. Hearing his own tone, Booth tried to tighten his control over his emotions, after all if he pissed off the Director he’d never get the file.

“Yes Booth, I know why you’re here,” his voice sounded somewhat annoyed at the younger man, but he understood how Booth was feeling, it wasn’t that long ago that his daughter was lying in a hospital bed and he had felt the same way Booth was feeling now. “I’m going over the file before I hand it to you. And Booth, remember what I said,” he waited a moment to let the words sink in. “If you let your emotions control you on this one I will hand the investigation over to someone else.”

“Yes sir. I will not let my emotions dictate my judgement on this case.” He was trying to show the Director that he could be professional, even if he didn’t believe what he was saying himself. He reached out with his left hand for the file trying to conceal the evidence of his emotional outburst earlier. His actions didn’t go unnoticed, but thankfully Cullen didn’t press the issue.

“I suggest you start with the on scene officer first, unless Dr. Brennan is available to give you her statement.”

“No sir, she is still unconscious but the moment she’s awake I will be there to get it.”

Cullen had no doubt about the truth of his statement. He could tell that Booth had feelings for his partner. If she had been in the most obscure place on the planet and was in need of help, Cullen knew that Booth would be there in a heartbeat to help her. Besides no one bickered the way they did, unless they had feelings for each other. With a sigh he finally dismissed the agent. “Alright Booth you can go now. I want daily reports on this situation. Dr. Brennan may annoy the heck out of me but she is still one of us.”

“Yes sir.” Booth smiled as he left the director’s office picturing his partners face when he got the chance to tell her that Cullen had said “she’s one of us.”

Once he was back in his office, Booth quickly scanned over Brennan’s file. As he was writing down details in a little notebook to take with him, his cell phone rang. His eyes went straight to the caller ID before he answered.

“Angela, what’s wrong?” His heart had nearly come up in his throat at the sight of the artist’s number.

“Booth” there was a pause. “Could you call the guys and Cam to let them know… to let them know what happened to Bren.” After another long pause, Angela continued, “I’ve been trying to call them for the last hour but…” Booth could hear her take in a shuddering breath, “But as soon as I start dialing I-I started crying.” She was crying now just talking to Booth.

Knowing Angela was going through as much pain as he was, the answer to her request was simple. “Sure Angela. I’ll go by the lab to let them know. Do you need anything?”

“No, I’m fine. Thanks for doing this for me Booth,” now that she didn’t have to relay the news about Brennan, she had regained a little control over herself.

“Okay, I’ll call you back later to let you know how it went with them.” Before he hung up he had to ask “Hey Angela. How is she?”

“The doctor says she’s improving, that her heart rate is stronger than it was earlier, but I’ll be glad when she wakes up and can tell me herself.”

“I know how you feel. I’ll feel better when she is up and nagging me for a gun again.” They both knew that he was just trying to relieve some of the tension and fear they were feeling with the simple comment. “Call me if there is any change, or if she wakes up.”

“Of course, I will, talk to you soon, Booth.” He hung up after he heard the click on the other line, telling him that Angela had hung up the phone. Scanning the file before he left, Booth made sure the names of the officers, and the place where Brennan was found were correct before leaving the office. He grabbed his coat, and the file for the squints, then headed to the Jeffersonian.

At the Jeffersonian

Booth walked in through the glass doors of the lab, unconsciously looking towards Brennan’s office to see her. He winced when he had a sudden flash of why Brennan wasn’t in her office. Taking in a deep breath, he headed towards the platform where Cam, Hodgins, and Zach stood over some ancient remains.

Hearing footsteps coming towards the platform Cam was the first to look up. “Seeley, if you’re here for Dr. Brennan she hasn’t arrived yet,” she turned her attention back to the table with the remains. “It’s strange she’s not here yet. She’s usually here before I am.” When she turned back toward the agent she finally noticed that something was terribly wrong, the look in Booth’s eyes said it all. His eyes held both the great sorrow of a man who was close to losing everything and the lust of a man set on revenge.

“What’s wrong?” at her latest question Hodgins and Zach finally looked up from the ancient mummy.

“It’s about Bones.” If Cam’s question hadn’t gotten everyone’s attention before, the tone of Booth’s voice certainly would have. “She’s in the hospital.” Booth paused for a moment to collect his thoughts. When he continued his voice was shallow and laced with emotion. “She was nearly beaten to death last night.”

At this point Hodgins snapped “What do you mean she was nearly beaten to death? Aren’t you supposed to protect her?” He would have continued his ranting if Cam hadn’t cut in.

“Hodgins, calm down and let Seeley finish.” She turned and nodded for Booth to continue.

“She was found on the side of the road severely beaten.”

“How severely?” Hodgins spat out.

Booth couldn’t blame Hodgins for being angry. He was pissed off himself; it just hurt more because he still wasn’t sure that he wouldn’t lose her, even after what the doctors had told Angela. Regaining his voice once again, Booth proceeded to tell them about Brennan’s injuries. “She has a broken arm, leg, two ribs and a fractured ankle. Her lung was punctured too, but it has been repaired.” After taking yet another deep breath, he continued, “The doctor expects her to regain consciousness in a few days. Angela’s with her now and she’s going to call me if there is any change or if Bones wakes up.” When Booth was finished relaying all the information for the third time in less than twelve hours he felt completely drained, even though he hadn’t really done anything yet.

The silence in the lab was deafening, as everyone took their time to process what Booth had just told them. Zach had been staring at his shoes, trying to figure out some way to put his emotions into words when Hodgins started ranting again.

“To hell with this, I’m going to the hospital to see Dr. Brennan. I know Angela has to be taking this hard.”

“They won’t let you in to see her.” Hodgins glared at Booth. He was about to yell again but Booth continued on with what he had been trying to say. “I could only get the doctor to agree to let Angela and myself in until she recovers a little more.”

“Surely we can find some way to see Dr. Brennan, can’t we?” asked Zach, who had been completely silent up until this moment.

“I’ll try to get the doctor to let you in later; I know Bones would want you guys there. Right now however I was hoping that you guys wouldn’t mind helping me catch the lunatic that did this to her.”

Hodgins opened his mouth to speak but Cam beat him to it. “Anything you need to help you figure out who attacked Dr. Brennan is at your disposal.”

“Thanks Cam. I’ll get Bones’ clothing out of evidence and have them brought here. Run whatever test you can think of, we all know she didn’t go down without a fight. I’m going to go interview the cops that were on the scene last night.” *God was it only last night.*

“I’ll start looking for particulates in the clothes as soon as I get them. Hey Booth,” Hodgins said.

“Yeah,” he said turning back around.

“Sorry about before. I guess I let my frustration at what happened to Dr. Brennan get the best of me.”

Booth offered the entomologist a look of understanding before he raised his bandaged hand, saying, “Don’t worry about it Hodgins, I understand completely.” With that said Booth walked out of the lab, leaving behind three scientists, very deep in thought as to what to do next.

Zach sat staring at the x-rays that had been sent over by Booth. He tried to remain objective, the way Dr. Brennan had taught him, but the fact that it was Dr. Brennan that he was staring at just wouldn’t go away. Normally, by now, he would have some idea of what had caused the injuries he was looking at. But he just couldn’t seem to focus, knowing that these x-rays showed the results of what had happened to his mentor. The worse part of it all was that he felt like he was letting her down, by not being able to shut off his feelings, he felt like he was ignoring all her teachings, and when he was able to shut off his emotions, it was as if he was ignoring how much she meant to him. Either way, it was making it very hard for him to focus on what he had to do. Shaking himself, he yet again, he tried to focus.

Hodgins could see how frustrated Zach was at their current “case”. He himself was finding it difficult to remain impassive about Brennan’s case. Every ten minutes he was snapping the elastic band around his wrist. He was laying out Brennan’s clothes on a table and every time he saw a new blood stain, his own blood would boil. This was the reason his wrist was now red and swollen. Ever since the incident with the Gravedigger, he had become close friends with the woman. He understood her better now than he ever had before. He knew it would have taken a lot for her to give up fighting back. His blood once again reached the boiling point, as he reached over to the band around his left wrist with his thumb and index finger. He pulled the elastic out about two inches then let it go. The snap and sharp sting stopped his anger from growing to fast.

Cam watched the two men on the platform. She watched as Zach gave himself a shake every now and then.* He is going to fall off that chair soon if he isn’t…* there was a loud crash as Zach hit the floor and his chair clattered against the floor next to him. *Too late.* Hodgins reached down, to help the young doctor to his feet. Once he had Zach settled, Cam noticed Hodgins snap the band again. *He’s going to start bleeding soon if he doesn’t stop that.* She understood their feelings about what was happening, though even if she didn’t have the best relationship with Dr. Brennan, she did respect and even admired the woman after everything she had been through. Cam knew that they were by no means best friends.

They were what they were, respectful and understanding about each others position. Besides she had to admit, she could now see why they liked her so much. Once you were a friend with Dr. Brennan, she would stick beside you to the end. She had proven that on more than one occasion, and Cam had seen that herself. Cam might not have as strong a connection with the injured woman as the others did, but she wanted to find out who had done this every bit as much as they did.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:26 am

Bella Loony

Posted 19/10/2007 12:45:46 AM

Sany:

Oh I just love it!! I love it I love it I LOVE IT!! I don't know why, but I do!! Very nicely done sweetie, and Sany, it's all you!!

BDWSGBL
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Bella Loony

Posted 19/10/2007 12:52:02 AM

Oh God, I don't know why but chapter 3 always gets to me!! Maybe it's 'cause you show how it affects everyone, but OI, just so sad!! Loving it still!!

BDWSGBL
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

miller0259

Posted 20/10/2007 10:42:25 AM

ah!!!!! bones better wake up soon!!!!!!!!!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 am

magicstar

Posted 20/10/2007 10:49:44 AM

sany i think i read this one before and Bella was right its an amazing fic, so good im reading again x x
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

AnaG

Posted 20/10/2007 02:49:34 PM

Sannnnnnnnnnnny!

Don't worry....no crazy rants from ana this time....just a great big fluffy bunny hug for posting this here.....i love this story so much....and agree.....chapter 3 is just....just...well, hell it is just damn good.....
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Sany

Posted 20/10/2007 07:15:36 PM

Thanks Loony, Miller, Magic, and Ana.

Loony I know what you mean. Chapter three is one of my favourite ones for some reason. Just don't know and believe it or not favourite part is actually Cam's pov.

Miller what do you think I'd leave her in a coma forever

Magic it is possible you may have read it before. I wrote this back in oh starting feb. So you very well may have. And thanks.

Ana!!!! Hehe had to do that seeing how you always have a '!' after my name lol. Thanks ana no ranting though wow that is strange coming...er not coming from you. You usually rant at me a lot more lol. Thanks I really appreciate the fluffy bunny hug.

Oh and I think I'll post the next chapter in oh.... 5 mins.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:28 am

Posted 20/10/2007 07:26:10 PM

As promised here is chapter four. Thanks again Loony. Oh I forgot to ask any idea on what to call chapter five? I seem to have no chapter title for that one. Enjoy all.

Ch 4 Oleoresin Capsaicin

Booth walked into the police precinct with one purpose in mind, to get everything he could that was related to Brennan’s case. Coming to a stop in front of the receptionist, he said “I need to see Detective Carter right away.”

“And whom may I ask are you?” the obnoxious woman asked, never once looking up to see who was disturbing her and her magazine.

Just her voice alone made Booth want to grind his teeth in frustration, never mind the rest of her attitude.

“Tell him that Special Agent Seeley Booth of the FBI is here to speak with him.” His voice had an edge to it that could have cut steel.

The woman squeaked at the mention of F. B. I. “Yes sir. I’ll get the detective right away for you, sir,” she said as she jumped up and scurried to the office of the man Booth was looking for.
When she came back she was escorted by a round man, grey hair circling a large bald spot in the middle of his head. He had a thick moustache, and looked more like an accountant then a detective. The man approached him and Booth got the distinct feeling that this guy was going to be a pain in the neck.

Extending a hand towards Booth he said “Agent Booth, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

*I’ll bet.* Booth shook the man’s hand.

“Detective,” was his one word response.

“How may I help you, Agent Booth?” Carter asked being overly nice towards Booth.

“I’m here to collect the file on the woman you found nearly beaten to death on Park Road,” he said glumly.

The Man’s face immediately turned sour. “What do you mean you’re here to collect the file,” he said contemptuously. “This isn’t a federal matter.” Clearly he didn’t want his case taken away from him.

“It is now.” If it was even possible, the detective’s face turned even sourer. “Now are you going to get me that file and the evidence that goes with it, or am I going to have to get it myself?”

No longer able to control himself Carter said, “What is the meaning of this? Why are you doing this? This case is of no importance to you? What does a battered woman, who probably deserved what she…” He stopped talking at the sound of Booth’s fist slamming into the desk.

The entire precinct went silent as Booth’s voice turned murderous, “Listen to me Carter. No woman deserves to be beaten near to death, especially not this woman. Now get me what I asked for. If I have to do it myself you will regret it. And just so we’re clear, I will take your attitude towards a beaten woman up with your superiors. If you feel that way about such a violent crime you shouldn’t be a cop, in which case I’d suggest you start looking for a new job.”

Carter’s face turned white at the threat Booth had just delivered. He turned into a mini, but bulky, tornado getting everything Booth had asked for.

“The evidence will have to wait until tomorrow,” he informed the Agent. Receiving another threatening glare from Booth, he shied back before he explained. “There has been a backlog of evidence.

It will take a while to find the evidence that corresponds with this case.”

Booth couldn’t believe that he had to wait another day for evidence. He was just about to take his frustration, about the stations incompetence out on Carter, his phone rang.

“Booth,” his voice was angry.

“Whoa, man. What’s with the voice of death?” Hodgins asked. Not bothering to wait for a reply he continued. “I found something on Brennan’s shirt.”

*Finally we’re getting somewhere.* “What did you find?”

“Oleoresin Capsaicin,” he said triumphantly.

“What?” Booth asked confused. “Can you put that in english, Hodgins?”

“It’s a key ingredient in pepper spray.”

“Are you saying Bones sprayed her attacker with pepper spray?” Booth asked confused at what this could mean. There was silence on the other end of the phone. “Hodgins are you still there?”

“Yeah Booth, I’m here. Listen Booth your not going to like this. I sure as hell don’t like it.”

“Just say it.” Booth was getting annoyed now.

“Brennan didn’t use the pepper spray. It was used on her.”

Booth felt the wind get knocked out of him. After a moment he spoke in a low voice. “No wonder she couldn’t fight back like she normally would have.”

“Yeah.” Was all Hodgins could mutter.

After a few minutes with both men thinking about what the pepper spray could imply Booth spoke once again. “I won’t be able to get the rest of the evidence to you until tomorrow, so keep working with what you have okay.”

“Why not until tomorrow?” asked the entomologist.

“Some screw up at the station I’m at.” Carter having now regained his confidence back from Booth’s explosion earlier looked indignant at the implication that he hadn’t done his job properly.

“Alright man, but I don’t think we’re going to get much more.”

“Do the best you can.” Clicking the phone shut Booth turned his attention back to the red faced detective. “Well, are you going to show me the evidence room?”

“You can’t be serious.”

Booth completely lost his patience now “Detective Carter, I’m not leaving here until I know that you are doing your best to find that evidence and send it to me.”

Grumbling the disgruntled detective led Booth towards the evidence locker.

After Booth was finished interviewing Dr. Louis for his investigation he headed towards Brennan’s hospital room. Walking past the nurse’s station he was stopped by the night nurse.

“I’m sorry sir but you can not go in there. That patient needs rest. There are no visitors allowed.”

Booth could tell that the nurse felt awkward about telling him he wasn’t allowed to see the woman in the room he stood next to. He tried to be as polite as he could be with the nurse considering the day he had just had. “I’m Special Agent Booth nurse…” he glanced down at her name tag “Nancy. Dr. Louis made arrangements for me to be able to go in to see Bones.”

“Oh, you’re Agent Booth. I’m sorry you can go on in then.” She stopped before going back to her work. She looked back at him “Did you say, Bones?”

A small smile played across his lips at the sound of the nickname he had given his partner. “Yes I did. It’s my nickname for her.” Booth walked into the room before the nurse could have a chance to ask him anymore questions.

Closing the door he turned to the bed with his partner in it and the chair next to it with a red, puffy-eyed Angela in it. Looking up to see Booth, Angela jumped up.

“What have you found out?” her question came out so fast Booth had to take a minute to process what she had said.

“We don’t have much as of yet.” Booth replied. “Are you sure you want to hear this Angela?” he didn’t want to upset her more than she had already been.

“Yes Booth, I want to know. No I need to know what happened to my best friend.” Booth nodded then went on to tell her what he knew so far.

“For starters we know why Bones wasn’t able to fight back like she normally would have done.” He paused for a second before telling Angela why her friend couldn’t fight back. Booth still couldn’t believe it himself. “She was sprayed in the face with pepper spray.” Angela’s face was completely blank. He continued “Hodgins found traces of the spray on the collar of Bones’ shirt.”

“Oh my God.” She murmured. Shaking her head she turned back to Booth “What else Booth?”

“I have crime scene photos and the file from the local police. I also have the statement from the cops, nurses, paramedics, and Dr. Louis. The rest of the evidence collected at the crime scene won’t arrive at the Jeffersonian until tomorrow.”

“That’s all you have. A days worth of work and all you have is statements, files, photos, and pepper spray.” She was growing more emotional by the second.

“Angela calm down or we’ll be kicked out, special arrangements or not.” Booth kept his voice gentle. He was every bit as frustrated as she was. He was expecting to have a lot more evidence then he actually had.

Flopping back down in the chair next to the bed Angela put her face in her hands. “I’m sorry Booth. I just don’t like seeing Bren like this. It’s just so un-Brennan like for her to be in a hospital at all let alone this badly hurt. It just hurts to know that she is in pain and I can’t do anything to help her.” She was sobbing now.

Squatting down so that his eyes were level to hers Booth took both of Angela’s hands in his. “Ange, why don’t you go home get some rest. Have a shower, eat something and call Hodgins.”

“Booth I can’t leave her.” Her voice was still shaky with tears and small sobs.

“She won’t be alone. I’ll be here. Now go. I’m sure Hodgins is worried about you.”

Finally noticing the bandage on Booth’s hand the artist asked “Booth, what happened to your hand?” concern for him was clearly evident in her voice.
Glancing at his hand Booth answered “I didn’t like my reflection.” He took his hands away from her prying gaze.

“No reason to beat yourself up about it though.” They both chuckled at the truth of the statement.
Booth once again turned serious. “Ange, go home. You need some rest. You’ve been here since 5:30 this morning and its 10 now.”
Not wanting to argue about the situation anymore she agreed. “I’ll go but I’ll be back in a few hours okay.” She got up grabbed her coat and went to the door. “Booth” she didn’t have to finish her question.

“I’ll call you if anything happens.” Nodding she turned to open the door and left.

Taking the chair that Angela had been sitting in Booth moved it closer to the bed before sitting down. He looked at his partner lying still in the bed. Hesitating a moment before taking her hand gently into his bigger one, just holding her hand made Booth feel like she was going to be okay. He opened his mouth to speak then closed it again. *She would probably say it was irrational to talk to someone in her condition. She would say that they wouldn’t be able to hear you,* the thought helped him make up his mind. After all he was always trying to show her the different aspects of the world beside logic and reason.

“Hey Bones.” It was such a simple gesture, but just those two words made Booth feel tension he hadn’t know he’d been carrying to leave his body. He slowly began stroking his thumb back and forth across the soft skin on the back of her hand. He had to talk to somebody about her case. *It’s better for me to talk to you about your case. It will make everything seem normal and then maybe, I’ll be able to concentrate better.*

“I’m taking over your case.” He informed the silent woman. “Don’t worry I’ll find the guy that did this to you. I thought you might like to know how the case is going. I know you don’t like to be left out on any aspect of a case. So I guess your own case is no different huh.” Booth stopped to take a breath. He needed to keep talking to her. *Maybe the sound of my voice will help you wake up.*

“I got the squints working on your case. Yeah I know, don’t call them squints.” He smiled down at her. “It shouldn’t take us too long to find out who attacked you.” *I hope.* “Hodgins has already found a few things that might help us. He found traces of pepper spray on your shirt. Explains why you couldn’t go Jackie Chan on this guy’s ass. We’re waiting for the rest of the evidence to arrive at the lab so we can find more to go on.”
He thought back to his meeting with Detective Carter. “Oh Bones, I wished you could have seen this guy Carter. I know I scared the living crap out of the guy but if he had met you after what he had said I’m sure you would have put the fear of god in the man.”

He sighed when he remembered the man’s comment about a woman deserving the treatment she got. “I spent two hours with the little bigot just to make sure he gave me all the information pertaining to your case. Thank god the Doctor, nurses, and paramedics were more co-operative.”

He leaned forward resting his forearms on the bed still holding her hand. “Tomorrow the real work will start. Once we get the evidence I can really start working on what happened.” He moved his right arm and rested his head on it. “The guys wanted to be here. Even Cam wanted to come see how you were. The doctor will only let Angela and I in for now though. Don’t worry I’m working on a plan to get them in to see you. I know you’d want to see them.” Booth adjusted the chair to sit even closer to the bed, never once letting go of her hand. He continued to talk to her until he fell asleep.

It may have been four o’clock in the morning but Angela couldn’t sleep any longer. She hadn’t really slept to begin with. The twenty minute cat naps she had been having for the last 5 hours were as good as she was going to get she figured. She did however succeed in having a shower and something to eat as Booth had suggested. Admittedly she did feel a little better after the shower and food. Her real reason for not sleeping though was that every time she closed her eyes her mind would conjure up new ways to torture her. She kept seeing Brennan being beaten in different ways.

Now she was back at the hospital. Making her way through the hospital she put the dreams out of her mind as best she could. Some of them wouldn’t leave for a long time yet. Passing a nurse she was surprised that the woman didn’t stop her. *She’s not even trying to stop me. I guess the other nurses told her about me visiting.* Coming to door 213 she turned the handle and quietly stepped through. What she saw instantly put a smile on her face. The first real smile she had had in what seemed liked forever.

Booth sat in a chair up tight against Brennan’s bed. He was sound asleep. His head was next to her hip and both of his hands were wrapped around Brennan’s smaller one. A lone tear crept its way down Angela’s cheek. *This would be so perfect if Bren weren’t lying in a hospital bed.* Raising her hand she wiped away the tear before slowly closing the door, leaving the pair quietly sleeping.

-------------------------------------------------------

Okay another one bites the dust. Hope you enjoy.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:46 am

Bella Loony

Posted 21/10/2007 11:44:57 AM

Okay Sany, wow!! You are painting the picture so well. I can actually see all that happening and please let the detective get kicked in the nuts by a mule, cause he's an ass!! Um chapter 5, I'll go take a look again and see if I can come up with something!! Chicken Ciao, YOU ROCK!!

BDWSGBL
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

kiki

Posted 21/10/2007 03:48:42 PM

Ooh! Ooh! OOH! Sany! Squee! Hooked! Oh my gosh, Booth has got to find that bad man and get all Federal on his ass. Like, now!!

And, AAAAAWWWW! That little scene at the end...at the bed...aaawww!! Can't wait for more!!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Posted 29/10/2007 11:51:34 AM

Thanks guys for the comments. Okay sorry about the wait well when life was supposed to get less complicated it got more complicated again. So here is the next chapter. Loony I used the third chapter title Loved the first but thought it gave just a little too much away.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 5 Enlightenment

It had been three days since the new evidence had arrived at the Jeffersonian. Three days and they were still no closer to catching Brennan’s attacker then they were five days ago when they had found her. Nothing they had pointed them towards a specific suspect. The blood stain Hodgins had found on her hoody told them three things. The first was that it was from a male. Second was that he was AB negative a relatively rare blood type. Lastly the guy hadn’t been on file in the FBI database or at least his DNA wasn’t.

The pepper spray which they thought would lead them somewhere turned out to be a bust. The chemical composition and the little tab that had been found near Brennan’s body turned out to be from a common brand that many college girls carried for protection. Poor Zack still hadn’t been able to identify the weapon used to attack Brennan. The only thing he could tell Booth was that it was somewhat rounded, though it wasn’t a pipe, bat, or anything cylindrical. It seemed that everything that would normally lead them to something didn’t. Booth was beginning to feel like he would never find her attacker. Never get justice or revenge, as much for himself as for her. The fact that she still wasn’t awake was not helping the situation either. Booth knew that if he could just see her soft blue eyes he would find the resolve he needed to find the guy.

Now with the frustrating day put in the back of his mind Booth was once again heading to his partners hospital room. He smiled reflexively at the familiar hospital staff as he went along. Stopping outside her door he took a deep breath. *Please let her wake up. I don’t know how much more of this I can take.*

He walked in knowing that he would find Angela in the chair next to Brennan’s bed. Sure enough she was there sat in the chair with sketch book in hand. After the first day by Brennan’s bed doing nothing but crying she had started to bring her sketch book with her. Booth didn’t know what she was drawing because every time he came in the door she closed the book. Doing that now she put the pad and pencils away then stood and stretched her cramped muscles.

“Hey Ange. How is she?” Booth asked his eyes never leaving Brennan’s face. The swelling and bruising had gone down significantly. Now there was just a yellowish brown color to her bruising where before it was dark purple.

“She has improved greatly. Dr. Louis said he is moving her to a regular room tomorrow then Cam and the guys can finally visit.”

“That’s great. She hasn’t woken up yet has she?” The sad look that crossed Angela’s eyes was all the answer Booth needed. “I’m sick of not knowing. I’m going to find Dr. Louis and demand some answers.” At the mere mention of the name seemed to have bidden the man to enter the room. Both Angela and Booth closed in on him.

“Dr. Louis, why hasn’t she woken up yet?”

The doctor could understand the Agents concern that was the reason he took no offense to the tone in which Booth had spoken in. “Agent Booth it takes a lot of strength and energy for the human body to recover from this type of injury and Miss Brennan is healing faster than I had expected. The speed of healing and the type of healing is taking its toll.

“I know that but…” he stopped not knowing what else to say.

At Booth sudden silence Angela directed a question to the doctor. “Do you have any idea when she will wake up?”

“It’s hard to say Miss Montenegro. To be honest I thought that she would be awake by now.” He let out a sigh.

“It’s been almost a week. She has to wake up soon.” Booth’s words sounded like a plea to the doctor.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Brennan could hear voices talking in the background. It wasn’t the first time she could hear them, thought it was the first time she could distinguish that there was more than one. Every other time she heard them she ignored them preferring to stay in the silent darkness. This time however, she was determined to listen to the voices and respond. She took a deep breath to clear the fuzziness in her mind then immediately winced at the sharp pain in her left side. *Well I guess my ribs are broken. I wonder what happened.* She turned her focus away from her inner thoughts and to her breathing.

After finding a comfortable breathing pattern she concentrated once again on the voices she was hearing.

“I know that but…” she heard a male voice say. Not hearing anything for a while she thought that she had slipped back into the darkness until she heard a feminine voice.

“Do you have any idea when she will wake up?” *Okay that voice is definitely familiar.*

“It’s hard to say Miss Montenegro…” that was all she heard as the name flashed in her mind. *Angela.* Now knowing the name of the woman’s voice she tried to open her eyes. It took longer than she had expected. When they first fluttered open she had to close them again against the unexpected brightness. Slowly opening them a second time she looked around the room. She noticed that she was in a little hospital bed and that her legs and left arm were in casts. *I wonder why it doesn’t hurt more.* Looking to her right had with the IV needle in it she followed it up to the two bags on the rack. One of which was a pain killer. *Well that explains that question.*

Turning her attention to the door she could see both Angela and Booth. *He’s here too.* They both had their backs to her. Licking her lips she tried to speak. She worked her mouth but no sound came out. She swallowed a few times to get some sort of moisture in her mouth then tried again.

“Ange.” The word was barely a gruff whisper but even that small whisper was enough to cause a huge reaction.

Brennan saw Angela jump at the sound of her name then whip around to stare into her eyes. After staring at her for a minute the artist ran over to her bedside.

“Bren, Sweetie you’re awake.” Angela said in a giddy voice. She was so relieved that Brennan was awake she was giggling and crying all at once. Reaching out and grabbing Angela’s hand to calm her down Brennan croaked out “Water.”

“Oh yes of course. Booth stop staring and make yourself useful get Bren a glass of water.” Angela’s voice seemed to have snapped him out of his state of shock. He practically ran to get her a glass of water. While the Agent was gone Dr. Louis took the time to examine his newly awoken patient. After shining a light into her eyes for a few moments he put the pin light away happy with the reaction he got.

“Well Miss Brennan let me jut say that you are a lucky woman. You’re healing faster than expected and now that you are awake the process will hopefully speed up.”

She nodded to the doctor as he left and Booth came in holding a plastic glass filled with water. Before she could even reach for the glass he had placed it to her lips. When she was finished she turned to the still silent Booth.

“Are you going to say anything Booth?” Her voice sounded tired and weak to her own ears. *It must be the drugs.* She was about to repeat her question thinking that maybe he hadn’t heard her when he did the last thing she had expected. He laughed. Booth let out a small laugh at first that turned into a loud echoing laugh. After a minute Angela joined him. Now Brennan really was confused. She couldn’t understand why they would laugh at her question.

At the look of confusion on her face Booth and Angela laughed harder. They had spent the last week in such a state of worry that seeing Brennan awake finally was so overwhelming they could no longer contain their emotions. Finally regaining some composure Booth said “You’re awake.” The tone in his voice clearly projected his relief and happiness.

“I don’t see how that’s funny.” She said her voice still sounding tired and week. Booth smiled at her words but it was Angela who answered her.

“Sweetie, it’s just that we were so worried about you that now that you’re awake we couldn’t contain our emotions any longer.” Understanding finally crossed Brennan’s eyes at Angela’s words.

“Oh, I guess I can understand that.” She said looking at Booth who was still wearing a huge grin. “Where are the others?” she asked looking back to Angela.

The artists face went blank. “Oh crap. I have to call them to tell them that you’re awake. I almost forgot about them, I was so relieved that you had awoke.” She said sheepishly. “I’ll be back in a few Sweetie” she said leaving Brennan and Booth alone in the room.

Booth was still grinning, all be it a little more normally than before.

“You have no idea how happy I am that you’re awake Bones.” He said

“I think I am Booth judging by that grin” she said giving him a small smile. Her smile had made Booth widen his. *I have to tell her how I feel.*

“Bones I…” she cut him off asking the one question that he didn’t want to answer.

“What happened Booth?” After a moment of his silence she added “To me I mean.”

“Bones maybe we should wait until you’re a little stronger.” He hoped that for once she would agree with him.

“No Booth, I want to know.” There was almost a pleading tone to her voice that he couldn’t refuse.

“You were…” He swallowed hard before he continued. “You were found beaten on the side of the road Sunday night.” Her face went pale at his words. “Bones we should wait until you’re feeling stronger before we go into this.” This time she nodded in agreement. “The doctor said that you may regain your memories of what happened in a few days or you may not remember at all.” *God I hope you don’t. I never want you having to relive that. We’ll find the guy without you having to remember the attack if I have my way.* He noticed that she was tired from the little conversation she had had with Angela and him. She was fighting going back to sleep.

“Why don’t you get some rest?”

She looked up at him when he spoke. “I’m not tired.” She stated clearly lying.

He sighed he knew she was tired even if she didn’t want to admit it.

“I’m not going anywhere Bones. You can sleep and when you wake I’ll be right here.” He said sitting in the chair next to her bed taking her hand into his.

She closed her eyes saying “Thank you Booth.” When he figured that she was finally asleep Booth got up and placed a soft kiss on her brow before sitting back down in the chair to wait for her to wake again.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Now see I didn't leave her in the coma forever lol.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:47 am

Bella Loony

Posted 29/10/2007 06:14:46 PM

Sany:

Okay, I knew the first one was too much, but that's why I gave you more!! Teehee, I'm so clever! Okay, what did I love about this chapter? Hmmm, let's see!! Maybe EVERYTHING! The way you made the case spring to life and the frustrations that the squints were having with the evidence along with everything else. The way you woke her up and let them have some relief as well as new found energy to find the attacker, and the end, aww the end with the hand hold and the brow kiss, AMAZING!! Oh I love this story!! You are so good!! Great job as always Sany and send 7&8 whenever you are ready!

Bella
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:47 am

kiki

Posted 31/10/2007 09:56:16 PM

Good lord, this is turning into the unsolvable case. Dead ends everywhere!

But, ooh! She's awake! And I love how deliriously happy they were. You really conveyed that well.

Can't wait for more. Very intriguing!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:48 am

Posted 02/11/2007 12:51:04 AM

Nope I got nothing to say here this time.

Chapter 6 Nightmares

*Walking back to the car she heard a noise behind her. Turning she saw no one. Must be my imagination she thought. She didn’t have to go much further to get to her car the noise a forgotten memory. She stopped. Hearing the noise again she turned around. When she turned around this time though, someone was there. She was suddenly blinded by a spray of mist in her face.

Her face felt like it was on fire. She couldn’t open her eyes against the burning pain. She couldn’t breathe properly. All she could think despite the burning was no matter what happened fight back! She felt someone grab her arm. She immediately threw her entire weight into an elbow delivered to the ribs of her attacker. She heard a grunt of pain. Not knowing where her attacker was she was completely unprepared for the fist that had connected with her left cheek.*

Brennan jerked awake with a scream. Her scream quickly turned into a loud moan of pain. In her panic to escape the attacker in her dream she had forgotten about her injuries and now they were screaming at her in full force.

At her scream Booth jumped from the chair he had been sitting in knocking it over. He reached her just as she dropped back to the mattress. He reached out taking hold of her shoulders to keep her from moving and further injuring herself. His heart had twisted at the sound of terror in her scream and then the sound of her pain. He had always seen her so strong and in control of herself that when he seen her scared it made him hurt for her. He hated seeing her vulnerable and scared.

Once she was a little more relaxed he released her shoulders. Stretching his hand up he wiped away the tears that had made tracks down her cheeks.

“Shhhh. It’s alright Bones. I’m here. No one is going to hurt you.” He carefully took her into his comforting arms so as not to hurt her. He gently removed one of the damp auburn locks that clung to her face. Looking into her deep blue eyes Booth saw a fear in her eyes, he had only seen once before. He had seen that same look when she had been taken by Kenton and hung up on a meat hook. “It’s okay Temperance, I’m here for you.” He whispered gently into her hair.

Her breathing was still erratic from her nightmare. With each breath she took a stab of pain was quick to follow. Booth could feel her wince in his arms at every breath. His concern for her injuries grew each time.

“Bones maybe I should get the doctor.”

She clutched him tighter with her one good arm at the thought of being alone even for that short amount of time. “No Booth.” She was still softly crying. “Stay here with me please.” She pleaded. It didn’t matter that she was being irrational. She knew that getting the doctor was probably best but she felt safe with Booth. She didn’t want that safety to leave just yet.

Booth couldn’t believe she was actually begging him to stay with her. Her nightmare had to be truly terrifying if she was pleading with him. *Nothing and no one makes Temperance Brennan beg.* Her voice made one thing very clear to him, there was no way in the world that he would leave her this night or any other night.

“I’m not going anywhere Bones.” He said pulling her to him as tightly as he dared considering her injuries. “Not even when you’re sick of me. I’m just going to stay here and annoy you.” He joked trying to get her mind off her dream.

She chuckled at the joke but it turned into a soft moan due to the pain coming from her left side.

“Oh God, Bones. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you” he said his voice guilt ridden.

“Booth it’s okay. Besides it didn’t hurt that much and I needed a laugh, however short lived it was.” She smiled up at him to ease his mind.

After a while of him holding her Booth noticed that she had fallen back to sleep. Slowly he got up, gently unwrapped himself from her and slipped off the bed. Before sitting back in the chair he picked up the blankets and tucked them around her.

The next time that Brennan woke her room had changed. The doctors had moved her into a single room while she was asleep. Looking around the room she saw a forest of flowers. She couldn’t believe the amount of flowers that sat on the window sill, and various other stands in the room. *Any more flowers and I could start my own florist shop.* Continuing her inspection of the room she noticed three additional people to the two she had seen in her room the night before. Angela and Booth were off to the side taking to Cam, Hodgins, and a very quiet Zack. She watched them for a while before she decided to let them know that she was awake.

Before Brennan had a chance to speak Angela glanced towards her. A smile began to spread across the artists face as she looked at the wide awake forensic anthropologist.

“Sweetie, you should have said you were awake. We wouldn’t have been so rude and ignored you.” At Angela’s words four heads swiveled in her direction.

“Dr. Brennan, I’m so glad to see you awake and doing well.” Cam said a little awkwardly. She still wasn’t sure if she belonged there. The four others were friends of Brennan’s while she was merely a colleague.

“So Brennan, when is the escape planned for? Need any help” Hodgins jokingly asked. They all knew that she hated hospitals.

“Dr. Brennan. I-I-I don’t know what to say.” Zack stammered. He was completely overcome with emotion at the sight of his mentor and didn’t know how to express himself.

“Its okay Zack I know how you feel.” Brennan said. She knew the young doctor was like herself, so emotional expression was hard for him. At least it had been hard for her until she had met Booth.

“So how are you feeling Sweetie?” Angela asked turning the conversation back towards Brennan and away from an embarrassed Zack.

“I’m fine. Just don’t make me laugh for a while.” At her comment Booth gave a sheepish look remembering the night before. The room was filled with awkward silence. Obviously none of them believed that she was fine. It was true that she was sore and achy but that was hardly anything. *Imagine what it would be like if I weren’t on pain medication* she thought. Sighing she rephrased what she had just said to assure them she was in no pain.

“I don’t feel much of the pain. The drugs the doctors are giving me are stopping the pain receptors in my brain from feeling the pain. So as I said before I’m fine.” Receiving a nod from everyone she then asked “Its ten o’clock shouldn’t you be at work?”

Booth jumped “It’s ten already. Oh crap I’ve got a meeting with Cullen this morning. If I don’t leave now I’m…” Brennan and the others smiled at Booth in his state of panic. Before leaving he said “I’ll be back with lunch. Real food not this cardboard tasting stuff that they seem to think is food” he said with a gesture to the hospital. Booth left the room allowing silence to descend once again.

They were all avoiding talking about what had happened to Brennan. Not able to put up with the silence for any longer Temperance asked “So is anyone going to tell me what happened?” she hadn’t meant to say anything about her attack she just wanted to stop the silence. She knew that they were working hard on trying to find who had done this to her.

At her question she got four grim looks. Surprisingly Cam was the first to speak “We haven’t got much” her voice echoed the disappointment she was feeling at the progress they were making.

“If I was better at my job we would have found something.” Four sets of eyes turned towards Zack the second he had opened his mouth.

“Zack, you are not incompetent” Brennan said adamantly.

“But if I could find out what was used to form the fracture patterns and breaks on your x-rays we would be a lot closer then we are right now.”

Everyone stopped and looked at Brennan to see how she would react to Zack’s slip. They knew she was going to ask about her case eventually but they had planned on telling her what they had not the things that were causing problems in the case. She didn’t show any signs of anger, pain, or fear. She showed nothing, her face was blank.

Cam took this blank expression as their cure to leave before anyone said anything that would upset Brennan. “Come on Hodgins. Zack we have a lot of work to do lets go.” She turned to Brennan. “We’ll be back later on to visit. Is there anything you want us to bring you Dr. Brennan?”

She was about to shake her head when she changed her mind. After all just because she was in a hospital it didn’t mean she couldn’t do something constructive. She hated being idle. “Yes. Bring me my laptop and x-rays” her tone was a challenge for anyone to tell her no.

“I’ll see what I can do” was all Cam said.

After they left Brennan noticed that Angela was still in the room. “Don’t you have to go to work as well?” she asked the artist.

“Your not getting rid of me that easily Sweetie. Besides Cam gave me time off when I told her I had a family emergency” she said smiling at her friend.

“Then why are you here Ange. You should be with your family” the forensic anthropologist stated.

Angela shook her head at the clueless ness of her friend. “Bren, [g]you’re[/g] the family emergency” she explained. Brennan still had a confused look on her face until she realized that Angela was saying she considered her family.

A minute later a nurse knocked on the door. Walking in she carried in a tray and set it on the side table that could be swung over the bed closer to the patient in it. “Ah, Miss Brennan it’s nice to see that you are back among the living again.”

Before she could even say it Angela said “Figure of speech Sweetie.” The nurse gave them an odd look

“Okay the doctor said you can start eating today so I brought you some breakfast.” She gestured to the tray she had set down moments before. As she left Angela took the cover off.

Brennan looked down at the so called breakfast dubiously. Taking the fork with her right hand she tentatively took a bite of what she guessed was supposed to be eggs. Swallowing she looked back to Angela. “Booth’s right” was all she said. Now it was Angela’s turn to look confused. “This stuff taste like cardboard.”

At this Angela let out a soft giggle. “You’ve been spending too much time with Booth.”
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Bella Loony
Posted 02/11/2007 01:06:42 PM

Sany!!

Oh you're so brilliant!! Poor Zach, don't ya just want to give him a big ole' hug!! It's not his fault! Seriously, Booth in bed with Bones, amazing even if she was is pain!! I can't tell you how much I love this story, but I am sure you know that already!! You rock sista!! I can't wait for the next one!! Oh I love it!

Bella
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

saraluvzbonz

Posted 02/11/2007 03:23:48 PM

If hospital food is as bad as everybody says, I hope I never have to eat it.

Sany, this story is really good. I like the fact that you've shown how her injuries are affecting the whole team and that you did it well.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:49 am

Posted 03/11/2007 10:04:48 PM

Okay so posting this now cause someone *coughloonycough* is impatient. Seriously though thanks for going over this for me as always and here ya go.

Chapter 7 A Possible Connection.

Booth sat in the steel framed chair across form his boss. Even though he had left Brennan’s hospital room as soon as she had mentioned work he still managed to be twenty minutes late for his meeting with the Deputy Director. He felt like a kid that had been dragged into see the principal for misbehaving. He stared resolutely ahead and waited for Cullen to address him.

After about five more minutes of silence Cullen spoke. “Booth where the hell have you been?” he asked not really expecting an answer. Cullen already knew he had been with Brennan. It didn’t take a genius to figure that one out. He had spent every moment he could spare in the woman’s hospital room. “I told you from the start that I wanted reports on this situation. It’s been a week and what have I gotten from you huh?”

Booth was about to explain the reason for the lack of reports when Cullen started pacing and ranting again.

“I got one report from you. One and that actually wasn’t a report it was a complaint. You were only telling me that you were having trouble with some cop over evidence. I want answers Booth. I told you that I wouldn’t hesitate to pull you off this case if I thought you were letting your emotions take control of the situation. You can start by telling me how far the investigation has gone.” Cullen stopped pacing and sat behind his desk to face Booth.

“I’m sorry about the lack of information sir. We haven’t found much on Dr. Brennan’s case. We know that the place she was found was not the place where she was attacked. Zach hasn’t been able to find the weapon used to beat Bones yet but he has ruled out the usual suspects.”

“What else is there Booth?” Cullen asked interrupting the other man.

“Hodgins found blood on her clothing that belongs to an unknown male.”

“So her attacker was a man” Cullen said to himself more than Booth.

“We can’t rule out a female but yeah I’d say male.”

“Go on.”

“Hodgins also found traces of pepper spray around the collar of her hooded sweatshirt.”

“Pepper spray?” asked the confused director.

“Yes sir. Bones was sprayed by her attacker so he could get the upper hand.”

“Hold on Booth. You’re saying that Dr. Brennan was attacked but that the attacker had to somehow subdue her first?”

“Yes sir. Sir if you don’t mind my asking, why are you so focused on the pepper spray? I agree that it’s unique but Hodgins discovered that it was a common brand that many women carry for their own protection.” Booth said.

“It’s just reminding me of a case, well three cases actually, that crossed my desk last month. Three women were found dead each had been left in abandoned areas. All three were thought to have been sprayed with pepper spray before they were murdered. The pathologist found minute traces of pepper spray on their faces and hair.” Cullen replied.

“Sir, there is a good possibility that this guy is the same guy that attacked Bones.” Booth said elated to have some break in the case. The fact that the guy had attacked someone else before meant Booth would have more evidence to work with.

“They may be related Booth but those women had their wrists and ankles bound.” Cullen stopped not sure how Booth would react to the next part. “And their throats were slashed after being raped.” Not seeing the reaction he feared Cullen continued. “Dr. Brennan was found beaten on the side of the road.”

“Yeah but sir she fought back. I know that given the circumstances it would have been hard for the women to fight back. But trust me I know Bones and I know she fought back. She could have been taking her last breath and she would’ve fought back. How else would you explain the blood found on her clothing?”

“That’s true. She’s a tough one.” After a moments thought Cullen spoke again. “Booth I want you to take these three cases and the evidence from them to the Jeffersonian. If they are connected to Dr. Brennan’s case then the squints are sure to find it.” Booth jumped up from the chair ready to go to work on the cases. He made it to the door when Cullen’s voice stopped him.

“Booth” he waited for the younger man to turn around. “I want reports this time, got it.” Booth gave the man an assured nod. “I don’t like having one of my people attacked, even if she is indirectly one of mine.”

“Yes sir.” Booth said leaving the office before Cullen could add anything else. He couldn’t wait to catch this guy. He just hoped that the guy would be stupid enough to attack him so it would give him an excuse to shoot the bastard.

Zach was still staring at Brennan’s x-rays when Booth walked in. He walked over to the platform trying to juggle three files and the accompanying evidence boxes for each while he was reaching into his pocked for his security card at the same time. Just as the boxes were about to fall Cam came to his side grabbing the top two boxes.

“Need some help there Seeley?” she asked after taking the boxes.

“Thanks Camille” Booth said as he was finally able to get his security card out of his pocket and swiping it.

“So is this new evidence on Dr. Brennan’s case?” she asked setting the two boxes she carried down on a table.

“It might be related but we’re not sure yet. That’s where you guys come in,” he said giving her a small smile. “When I told Cullen about the pepper spray he remembered three other cases he had seen where pepper spray was used on the victims. So if there’s not a connection it will be a huge coincidence.” Booth finished handing her three copies of the case files.

“So let me guess Cullen kicked the cases to you in the hopes that we might find something?”

At Cam’s use of the word ‘kicked’ Zach flew into a frenzy.

“That’s why I didn’t see it before. She was beaten so badly and the patterns showed blunt force trauma. Why hadn’t I connect this together before? It’s so obvious when you think about it.”

“Zach” Booth said. His voice didn’t slow the speeding torrent that was coming out of the young doctor’s mouth. Booth looked to Cam but he could tell by the look on her face that she had no idea what Zach was saying.

“I mean the patterns, the shape, and the amount force that would need to be used to cause the breaks. It all fits perfectly together. We can use the Angelator to compile scenario’s that fit in with m…”

“Zach!” Booth yelled finally getting the young man to stop. “I swear he’s like the rain man. What are you talking about?” Booth asked now that he had Zach’s attention.

“I know what was used on Dr. Brennan” he answered. Booth gave him a come on and tell us look that completely went over his head.

Sensing Booth’s growing frustration at Zach, Cam said “Zach what did you find? And please talk at a normal speed so we can understand you this time.”

“I know what was used on Dr. Brennan. I should thank you Dr. Saroyan you’re the one that gave me the clue that I needed. When you said…”

“Zach, enough! What was the weapon?” Booth asked aggravation showing in his voice.

Zach shuffled his feet slightly at Booth’s tone. “I believe that it was steel toed shoes” he said finally. At the look of disbelief he got from Booth, Zach elaborated. “The breaks and fractures on Dr. Brennan’s x-rays showed that she suffered blunt force trauma. After studying the x-rays further I discovered that the patterns were somewhat rounded so we immediately went with the idea that a weapon was used. What I hadn’t taken into consideration was that the attacker could have been kicking her. Initially I ruled it out because the force that would be needed would not have been enough wearing regular shoes. But when Dr. Saroyan said kicked I began to run through different uses of the term which led me to different kinds of shoes and then to steel toed shoes. If the attacker were wearing steel toed shoes then the necessary force would be there to create the type of breaks and fractures on Dr. Brennan’s x-rays.”

“So what I’m got from you there was I’m looking for a pair of bloody steel toed boots.” Booth said.

“Yes.”

“Okay, now we’re getting somewhere. Do you think you can find out brand of the shoe, size, and the build of the attacker from this revelation of yours?”

“That’s what I need the Angelator for but Angela is the only one that can make it work properly” Zach answered.

“I’ll tell her when I go back to the hospital. For now I want you, Cam, and Hodgins to work on the new evidence in the boxes I brought over.”

“You got a dead body in those boxes?” Cam asked quirking an eyebrow.

“No. Why?” Booth was a little confused by her comment.

“Pathologist, Booth. I’m a pathologist” Cam said. It was her way of telling him that this type of evidence was not her specialty, that it was Hodgins and Zach’s area.

“You can still help” his tone made what he said a demand.

“Yes, Booth I can help and I am but the evidence will have to go to Zach and Hodgins. I will look over the case files but what I really need is the pathologist’s original reports on each woman, the recordings that they done during the autopsies.” She didn’t like what she was about to say but it may be the only way of making sure they got what they needed. “If I have to I will also get an exhumation order to gather more evidence from the women’s bodies.”

Zach looked from one to the other completely lost. “Why are we working on another case? I thought Dr. Brennan’s case took precedence” he said.

“It does.” Booth told the young man. “And these other three cases may be connected to Bones’ case. Cullen thinks that the same guy that attacked Bones killed these three women and I agree with him. Based on what the case files say it’d be a pretty big coincidence if they weren’t.”

“I guess that’s a logical assumption” Zack said.

“Okay, great so I’m going to go get Angela so you can run some simulations through the computer.” Booth almost made his way off the platform when Cam’s voice stopped him.

“Booth” she waited for him to stop before speaking again. “Could you take a few things to Dr. Brennan for me? She asked me for a few things.”

“Sure Cam. No problem. What did she want?” he innocently asked.

At Booth’s question Cam froze. She knew that he would throw a fit over what Brennan wanted. She didn’t want to tell him but also knew that he wouldn’t take it unless he knew what it was first. “Oh she just asked me for her laptop that’s all. She left it in her office so I’ll just go get that for you.” She made it down the stairs before she heard Booth’s voice.

“What else did she want Cam. I can tell that you’re hiding something”

*Damn. So close.* Sighing Cam answered the agent “She may have also asked for her x-ray films.”

“What!” was Booth’s loud response. “She shouldn’t be looking at her own x-rays she doesn’t need to see them. What does she think she’s going to do work on her own case?” Booth couldn’t believe what Brennan wanted. Even more he couldn’t believe that Cam was willing to give them to her.

“Booth the woman has the right. If she wants to see what was done to her she has the right to it. I’m not going to stop her. To be honest I can understand why she wants to see them.” Booth gave her an incredulous look. “Think about it Booth. Dr. Brennan is the type of woman that is used to being in control, especially when it comes to her own life.” He nodded. “I think that she just wants to see them so she knows exactly what’s going on inside her body and in some small way regain some of her control back.”

Booth ran a hand across his face before commenting on what Cam had just said. “I guess that makes sense. Alright I’ll take them to her”

Cam felt a flood of relief rush through her. She wasn’t sure if Booth would go for what she had just said. She went to get the things previously mentioned before Booth caught on that she was making up what she had just said. But the more she thought about it the more she realized that what she had just said was probably true.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:52 am

Bella Loony

Posted 04/11/2007 12:37:41 AM

Sany,

I loved the visual of Booth being scolded by Cullen! I think you did so great!! Have I told you lately that I LOVE this story? 'Cause I really do! Anyhoo, I love how Zach came to the conclusion and it couldn't have been more Zach if Eric had read those words aloud! Haha, I kinda chuckled there. Oh and Cam saying, "Is there a dead body in that box?" "I'm a Pathologist!!" Haha, I like that she is human!! Great job Sany, you are doing wonderfully!! Keep it up!!

Bella
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:53 am

DBAngelfan

Posted 05/11/2007 00:56:40 AM

ooh I'm glad you updated. More soon!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next