Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic: Bones Role Play--let the fun begin!

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Topic: Bones Role Play--let the fun begin! - Page 3 Empty Topic: Bones Role Play--let the fun begin!

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 pm

Booth put his hands in his pockets, jingling his change, waiting to see if anyone was going to acknowledge his presence. Sighing, Booth turned to leave the platform. He had a mountain of paperwork waiting for him back at the Bureau, but somehow he couldn't work up any enthusiasm to tackle it. Hanging around the lab wasn't an option though--he'd just be in the way and probably end up irritating Bones.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Topic: Bones Role Play--let the fun begin! - Page 3 Empty Topic: Bones Role Play--let the fun begin!

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 pm

"Yes, Zack, I concur. Something sharp and irregular. Why don't you try to find what can make those marks while Hodgins gathers all the particulates, any clothing samples and insect activity?" She turned to Cam as she took off her gloves and asked, "Dr. Soroyan, do you think you have enough tissue to run your tests?"

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:26 pm

"Yes, I think so," Cam nodded, as she studied the body lying on the examination table. "There should be enough to get a tox report, unfortunately, because of the decomp level, I think that will be the most I will be able to get. Hopefully Hodgins will have better luck with the samples he acquires." She snapped off her gloves and moved towards the stairs leading down the platform to her office, and called over her shoulder, "I'll be in my office waiting for the body to arrive in the autopsy room, once Hodgins is finished with it."

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Hodgins brightened visibly as he snapped on a pair of latex gloves. He loved having first dibs at the victim. Sure, he tolerated Zach and Brennan while they made preliminary observations, but he was always antsy when waiting for his turn.

Leaning over the gurney, Hodgins scrutinized the set of small bones. He scraped a bit of decomposing organic matter into a tiny petri dish and continued with his thorough examination until he was confident that he had enough to work with.

Situating himself on a swivel chair, he organized the specimens accordingly. He fiddled with his many microscopes, pausing momentarily to jot down a brief note or two. Sorting through slime and bugs, it seemed, was never a tedious process.

Once satisfied, he glanced at Dr. Brennan. "There's not much insect activity that's worthy mentioning--just creepy crawlies that are common most everywhere. But, before you get too disappointed, the victim is oozing Nostoc pruniforme, a species of bacteria normally found lurking the depths of fresh water. Where'd you say the victim was found?"

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:27 pm

"He was found in the cabinet under the kitchen sink in an abondoned house, south of Arlington," she answered, frowning thoughtfully.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:27 pm

Hodgins grinned. "Therefore indicating the victim was moved." He paused, trying to figure out where to go from there. "Booth should check out any locations containing fresh water ponds or lakes within the thirty mile radius."

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:28 pm

Brennan nodded as she took out her cell phone, "Good work," she told Hodgins as she hit the speed dial number she had reserved for Booth. As she waited for him to pick up, she turned back to the squints and said, "I'll be in my office, let me know if anything else turns up." With a last nod at everyone, she walked towards the stairs as she spoke into the phone, "Booth?"

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:28 pm

Booth had just opened a file to start working on it when his cell rang. "Booth," he said by way of greeting.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:29 pm

"Booth," she answered as she walked into her office. "Hodgins just found evidence that the victim was submerged in a fresh body of water prior to his death. He suggests you check all ponds and lakes within a 30 mile radius of the crime scene."

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:29 pm

Booth frowned. "O-o-okay, and what am I checking for?"

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:30 pm

"Well, Booth," Brennan said patiently, "get a team together and locate all bodies of water within a 30 mile radius of where the body was found. Take Hodgins with you so that he can collect samples of water and surrounding sediment. And you can conduct the usual investigation."

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

"Why didn't you say that in the first place?" Booth muttered irritably. He stood and reached for his jacket and started rolling down his sleeves. "I'm on my way. Make sure Hodgins is ready to go when I get there."

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Booth strode into the lab and looked around for Hodgins. 'Didn't I tell Bones to make sure he was ready to go?' he thought impatiently.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:31 pm

When Hodgins glanced up from his workstation, he noticed Booth wandering aimlessly.

"Hey, Booth," he greeted. "What can I do you for?"

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:31 pm

Booth turned. He didn't look ready. "Grab your stuff and let's go."

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:32 pm

"Go?" he asked, perplexed by his abrupt demand. "Where?"

((This is me, trying act. Painful, I know. I don't believe Hodgins was informed of his trip, hence the ignorance.))

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:32 pm

((hehe, susan, i know, luli's falling down on the job))

Booth sighed with frustration and put his hands on his hips. "Didn't Bones tell you? She's got a list of bodies of water in the vacinity of the country club that she wants you to get samples from. Evidently you can't do that without me." He looked around for his partner. "Bones!"

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:33 pm

"Wait, you mean . . . in the field? With you?" He was too stunned to ask for further details. "I'll go grab my kit!"

((I'm sure the holidays just got the best of her . . . ))

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:33 pm

"What Booth?" Brennan asked, irritably, as she walked onto the platform. "I was indisposed, ok?! I can't always drop everything and come running as soon as you start yelling for me!"

((Sorry, ladies. The holidays, you know!!))

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:41 am

"I thought you were gonna talk to Hodgins about this field trip. And would you explain to me why I need to go along?" Booth asked, hands on his hips

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:41 am

((Oh, the banter . . . too cute. No worries, luli. I figured as much.))

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:42 am

Angela walked up along side of Brennan, and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Sweetie remember what I said? Deep calming breaths, after all it's not their fault," she said in a gentle, calming voice.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:42 am

"Yes, Ok," Brennan said, taking deep breaths. "You're right. It's not their fault. I'll just go and have that cup of tea and look for the pills." With a last glare at the men, she stalked off.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:43 am

Booth followed her, unable to believe she was going to ignore his question. "Bones, wait! I really wanna know, why do I need to go along? It's not like I'm a squint!"

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:43 am

"Booth," Brennan said as she turned around and took another deep breath. "I know you're not a squint but you usually like to tag along to make sure the chain of evidence is properly handled. Now, if you don't mind," she added as she turned around again and started for the break room, "I need to go and . . . do something."

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Topic: Bones Role Play--let the fun begin! - Page 3 Empty Re: Topic: Bones Role Play--let the fun begin!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next