Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK

+3
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
A2BOREANAZ
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK - Page 3 Empty Re: Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:40 am

Hi again, sweeties. Finally, my writer’s block seems to be over and here is another one-shot!!! Wohoo…..

[g]Songs….[/g]

Seeley Booth was sitting alone in his apartment, his eyes fixed on nothing in particular. He heaved a deep sigh and took another sip of the whiskey he’d been drinking for the past few hours.

It was Christmas, still Christmas and he was alone.... granted he had spent a wonderful time with Parker, since the boy had been stubborn enough to refuse to spend Christmas with Rebecca and her boyfriend. But he had driven his son to his mother this day and now he was alone again, on December 26th.

It was the first time since the one Christmas he had spent during his Army time he was alone, absolutely alone on December 26th. Not with Parker, not with his parents, not with friends. He briefly closed his eyes and thought of the person he would want to spend Christmas with. Bones.

She was not here, of course... she was not even in the United States, no, she rather spent Christmas in Peru, digging up some old and dirty bones.
How someone could WANT to spend holidays like that eluded him.... but of course, Christmas was Bones’ least favourite holiday, it reminded her of the disappearance of her parents so many years back. On the other side, she had her father back and knew what had happened to her mother. Should that not be enough to make.... peace with Christmas?

Well, her attitude towards Christmas had changed a bit, at least... she had exchanged gifts with the Squints, she had spent time with her father, her brother and his family. At a trailer, at jail... well, unusual was practically Brennan’s second name, so that was more or less okay.

But he had thought she had enjoyed spending time with her family. He closed his eyes and recalled the slight tremor in her voice, when she had thanked him for his gift No, when she had said she loved the gift. His absolutely crazy gift. He was pretty sure bringing a tree for her and her family who were in jail qualified as a crazy idea.... but when he heard her on the phone, the emotion in her voice, he had known it had been worth the effort. And he really had thought he had shown her a little bit of Christmas magic.

But still she had managed to get herself an assignment to a dig in Peru. Peru, my God. He took in a deep breath, wondering if people in Peru even celebrated Christmas. Probably.
So, she would bury herself in work in Peru to distract herself from how other people spend that holiday, with family, with friends.

He swallowed hard, as he pictured her, bent over some remains, her hair maybe put up in a ponytail, her eyes focussed on her work, her hands dancing over the remains she was working with. Alone.

She loved her work and that was something he understood, he loved his work too, but why did she have to spend every single minute with work?

He shook his head briefly, deciding he could not understand her.... as much as he wanted. He set the glass he’d been holding aside and reached for the remote control, switching the TV on, searching for distraction.

Music filled the room, something melancholic and he did not change the channel as he usually would... no, he listened, since the melancholic tune of the song seemed to match his mood so perfectly.
Then a man started to sing and Booth found himself listening intently.

When you love someone you'll do anything
You'll do all the crazy things that you can't explain
You'll shoot the moon - put out the sun
When you love someone

He closed his eyes, listening to the voice and a wry smile tugged on his lips when he realised, that he himself had labelled his gift to her as a crazy thing earlier.

You'll deny the truth - believe a lie
There'll be times that you'll believe
You can really fly
But your lonely nights have just begun
When you love someone

And there he was sitting alone and listening to melancholic music.... he felt pathetic, but was not able to change the channel either... he just listened and let the music pour into him.

When you love someone you'll feel it deep inside
And nothin' else can ever change your mind
When you want someone - when you need someone
When you love someone

That moment he remembered the kiss.... The kiss that had made meeting her family possible. Caroline’s blackmail kiss. It had felt so absolutely right, the knowledge coming from somewhere deep inside.

When you love someone - you'll sacrifice
You'd give it everything you got and
you won't think twice
You'd risk it all - no matter what may come
When you love someone

He blinked and as if he had no control over his brain anymore it suddenly supplied him with impressions of the past few years..... how he had risked his job, taking Bones’ earring from a CRIME SCENE.... he, a federal agent.
How he had fled the hospital with Hodgins to save her from Kenton. How he had threatened a gang leader because he had put out a hit on her. How he had felt and reacted when she had been abducted by the Grave Digger.

You'll shoot the moon - put out the sun
When you love someone

And he knew, he simply knew, he would do anything for her..... shoot the moon and put out the sun... if he could. For her. He closed his eyes and for the first time he realised, that in fact it was not only a feeling of loneliness that had brought him to drink this evening, but that he had tried to fight the lump in his throat, the burn in his chest.

His ache for her.

Booth shook his head, trying to banish his realisation about the depth of his feelings for her again. He desperately tried to hide the knowledge again, to keep it hidden somewhere, forget about it. What good would those feelings do, when she obviously did not return them?

But he did no succeed, now that he had had the revelation, had found out about his true feelings for his partners, he could not just lock them up somewhere. He had to live with it.
But the fact that it was Christmas made it so much harder on him.

The song had stopped, but there was still the same singer on and Booth finally recognised him as Bryan Adams. Obviously the channel was showing a concert.
A new one started and he shuddered, when he heard the lyrics of ‘A little love’. Booth was not quite sure if it would be a good idea to watch the concert, listen to more love songs.

The decision was taken away from him, when he heard someone knocking on his door. He frowned, wondering who could be visiting him at this hour and day. Slowly he rose and made his way to his front door, not bothering to look through the spy hole.... and that was why the sight of the person in front of him knocked the wind out of him.

“You always tell me to look through the spy hole.” Temperance Brennan stated, looking into his eyes.

He looked at her, speechless for a moment until his brain had processed the information, that in fact the woman he had been thinking of , was standing in front of him instead of digging up bones in Peru.

“You’re not in Peru.” He finally choked out, stating the obvious.
Her eyebrow rose slightly at his words and she said: “Apparently not or I would not be standing here. Can I come in?”

Booth nodded quickly “Sure” He said, motioning for her to follow him inside his apartment.
Brennan gave him a questioning look, when she saw the bottle of whiskey on the couch table.

He shrugged and gave her a wry smile. “I had a private little party with myself.” He tried to joke.
She just nodded, then frowned. “I thought Parker was staying with you.”

He shook his head. “That was only yesterday.... I drove him to his mother today. I am alone now.”
“That’s why you have been drinking.” Brennan analysed.

“No, that’s why I have been drinking all by myself.... It’s Christmas, so why not have a drink?” He corrected her and shrugged.

She only nodded, but it was that kind of acceptance that made obvious she did not believe his explanation.

He quickly changed the topic: “I thought you were at Peru. Why did you stay?”

Brennan’s body stiffened for a moment, but then she just shrugged and said: “I did not want to go anymore.” Her voice was barely more than a whisper. She remained silent after her short explanation and so did he.

Music filled the silence and Booth saw her shift uncomfortably, when she heard a passage of the song ‘Back to you’

I've been down - I've been beat
I've been so tired - that I could not speak
I've been so lost that I could not see
I wanted things that were out of reach
Then I found you and you helped me through
yeah you showed me what to do
And that's why I'm comin' back to you... yeah

Like a star that guides a ship across the ocean
That's how your love will take me home back to you
And if I wish upon that star - someday I'll be where you are
I know that day is coming soon - yeah, I'm coming back to you.

She sighed and broke the silence, whispering: “I packed. I was at the airport.... but I could’nt leave.”

He looked at her, not knowing what he should make out of her words. Why, just why was it she had not been able to leave? “Why?” He managed to voice his question.

“I did not want to be with strangers at Christmas. I want to be with my family.” She gave back, her eyes fixed on the whiskey bottle on the table.

“You spent an evening with them.... I don’t think Caroline can arrange another visit so soon.” Booth said with audible regret in his voice.

“No” She shook her head. “Not everybody in my family is in jail, you know.” She gave him a small smile and his breath hitched. “Bones? What do you mean?” He asked her, his voice a bit hoarse.

“You said, that there is more than one kind of family... and although I got part of my real family back... I want to spend time with my other family too. And you are part of it.” Brennan answered, looking him straight into the eyes.

When she repeated the words to him, he had spoken to her so long ago, he had to smile. “Thank you. You are part of my family too. And Christmas is for families, right?”

Brennan smiled back at him and stepped a little closer. “Thank you again for the tree. The girls loved it.... I loved it too.... And Amy said.... that it was a very special gift.”

Booth snorted and muttered: “Some would say crazy.” He cleared his throat. “But I am glad you liked it, Bones... and the girls of course.”

“Booth.... why did you bring the tree?” Brennan asked, her eyes fixed on him.

His eyes widened and he hesitated for a moment, but then he answered. “I wanted you to have a real Christmas. And that requires a tree.”

“But you had to drive out to the prison, you had to wire the lights to your car... you had to drag Parker out there.” Brennan stated, confusion in her voice.

“It was not a big deal, Bones. And Parker had fun.” He immediately tried to play it down.

She shook her head. “It was a big deal. Nobody ever did something like that for me before, Booth. And it was not the first time you did something .... so thoughtful. Jasper.... the Smurf..... when you came to New Orleans. Why, Booth.... why do you do these things?”

Booth bit the inside of his bottom lip, fighting the urge to just blurt out what he had found out a few minutes before. That he loved her. He took in a deep breath and answered: “I want you to be happy. You deserve it.”

She heard the emotion in his voice and nodded slowly. “You are good at that.”

He frowned and shot her a confused look. “At what?”

“Making me happy.” She breathed and watched his reaction to her words. His eyes widened even more and she was pretty sure she saw him shiver slightly. He looked at her, just looked at her for a moment and she felt as if his eyes could see deeper than anyone else could. Right to her heart.

He took a step towards her. “Bones.... I so hoped you would spend Christmas with me..... but ... you wanted to go to Peru.”
She shook her head. “No.... Peru was.... a mistake... I want to be here. With you, Booth.”

He felt a warm feeling spread inside him, and he closed the remaining distance between and pulled her in a gentle embrace. He burrowed his face in her hair, inhaling her scent, desperately hoping he was not just dreaming or hallucinating.

“I feared you would not be here…. That you would spend this day somewhere else, maybe with your parents…..” She murmured against his chest and despite the seriousness in her voice he nearly laughed out loud, when he heard what Bryan Adams sang at that very moment:

I swear to you - I will always be there for you -
there's nothin' I won't do
I promise you - all my life I will live for you - we
will make it through
Forever - we will be
Together - you and me
Oh n' when I hold ya - nothin' can compare
With all of my heart - ya know I'll always be - right
there
I believe in us - nothin' else could ever mean so much
You're the one I trust our time has come - we're not two
people
Now - we are one - ya you're second to none
Forever - we will be
Together - a family
The more I get to know ya - nothin' can compare
With all of my heart - ya know I'll always be - right
there

“Temperance” He whispered in her ear. “I will always be there for you.”

“Are you reciting the lyrics?” She asked, suspiciously.

He smiled, still holding her close. “Yeah. But that doesn’t mean I am not serious, Bones. I mean it.”

She snuggled into his embrace and sighed. “Good…. Then I’ll keep coming ‘Back to you’.”

He heard the humour in her voice, chuckled and held her close, just savouring the feeling to be able to spend this evening with her, not only physically close, but also emotionally.

And he suddenly knew, that everything was going to be alright…. That there was a future for him and her.
And Bryan Adams started to sing about Cloud Number 9. He smiled and held her close.

All lyrics are taken from Bryan Adams songs….. Just listened to “When you love someone” today and had the idea for this oneshot… please tell me what you think!
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK - Page 3 Empty Re: Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:41 am

I LOVE IT!! And I love Bryan Adams... Good to hear the right music at the right time. Heaven would fit too I guess. So lovely writting with all the emotions. And the end tops it of course. i was expecting a phone call. But the real person is better of course. And if I remember right it was left open wether Brennan left to Peru.

And concerning your chapter before.. A matter of trust was great too. Jealousy always get´s the best of them. Good thing is that it´s reciprocated.

nane
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:42 am

I have a special place in my heart for bryan adams. I lOVE his music. Have you ever seen the animated movie Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron. ? It's with all bryan adams music. I love it.

On to the fic: LLLLOOOVVVEEEDDD IT CHEESIE! So cute, so comforting.

beagleluvr93
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:43 am

very nice Smile

Beaglelvr, I LOVE that movie...I'm wearing out my soundtrack CD because I listen to the songs so much lol

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:44 am

nane, thank you so much.... heaven would fit too, right.... but I think I had enough songs already Wink

beagle, I know the movie, I really liked it... and bryan adams is great!

DBAngelfan, thank you for your review, glad you liked it!

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:45 am

Hi sweeties!!! Here is another one-shot.... I hope you will enjoy it. Thanks to everybody who left a review on the last one.

And VERY SPECIAL THANKS to AnaG, who is now beta-ing my stories!!!! She had wonderful suggestions for this one-shot! THANK YOU, ANA, for your time!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

…birthday…

She woke slowly—something was tickling her nose. It felt like... hair. Had she forgotten to put up her hair in a pony-tail once again? She hated it when her hair was totally frizzy and messed up in the morning.

She sighed as she opened her eyes. And found herself looking at the back of a head. She blinked once, twice. It did not vanish. Neither did the undeniably male scent or the soft sound of snoring. She knew to whom all this belonged... and was shocked.

Temperance Brennan never intended to sleep with her partner. Yet, obviously, she had. She was naked. A short peek under the sheets confirmed it – he was too. Her gaze lingered on his body for a moment, then she forced herself to lower the sheets. Hell, yes, he was deliciously built... but that did not solve her problem at all, now did it?

She’d slept with Seeley Booth. Had they even used a condom? Her heart hammered in her chest as she tried to recall the last evening... and was relieved to find out she had indeed memories of the previous night’s events..

She recalled how Booth had shown up on her doorstep with that goofy grin of his, a bag of take-out in one hand and a bottle of tequila in the other. Telling her that they would celebrate her birthday. She had pointed out it wasn’t her birthday yet, but Booth had brushed her words aside, lecturing her that it was more fun to celebrate the day before the birthday until it was midnight...

She remembered drinking too much tequila... and sure enough, at midnight Booth had wished her a happy birthday. With a kiss. There had been definitely tongue involved. And hands, travelling over her body. Not that she had been able to keep her hands to herself.

She winced. Damn tequila... from that kiss on everything had gone downhill. Well, not exactly downhill. Sex with Seeley Booth had been great. Both of them had been consumed by the sexual tension between them that had been building for far too long.

She looked down at his sleeping figure and shook her head. The sex had been great, but ... what about their partnership? Would they be able to go back to their comfortable status of trust and friendship? Or had this evening, this moment of weakness – make that two hours or so, she corrected herself– ruined it all?

What the hell was she supposed to do now? Booth moved in his sleep and her eyes widened . What if he was going to wake up now? She simply was not ready to face him. Careful not to make a sound she slid out from under the covers and tiptoed from the bedroom. When she had reached the door, she looked back at him, and wondered why he did not look out of place at all. Which he should... HE SHOULD, she told herself. He was her partner, the... a man she had been working with for years now. Her friend. And he was not supposed to be in her bad, naked.

Carefully, she closed the door to her bedroom and hurried into the living room. There she spotted her cell phone and quickly grabbed it. “Angela” she whispered. Angela would be delighted to hear she had slept with Booth, there was no doubt about it, but after the initial excitement had worn off she would surely understand Brennan’s dilemma. At least she hoped so...

Clutching her cell phone tightly she went to the bathroom and locked the door behind her. Then she threw on her fluffiest robe and sat down on the closed toilet. She stared at her phone for a while, then she clenched her teeth and punched the speed-dial button for Angela.

Ten seconds later a rather groggy voice answered. “Sweetie. It’s your birthday – oh happy birthday by the way - and I love you, but half past seven on a Saturday?”

“Angela. I have a problem.” Brennan replied.

“I am all ears.” Angela yawned into the phone. Brennan exhaled slowly, trying to brace herself for what she had to say.

“Bren? Are you still there?” Angela asked a few moments later, while Brennan was still busily trying to work up the courage to tell her what had happened.

“Bren? What is wrong with you?” Her best friend’s voice sounded worried. Brennan blurted out: “I slept with Booth. That’s what’s wrong.”

Silence. Then she heard a “Holy shit. I mean... good God. Really?”

“Really.” Brennan replied with a grave voice.

“Details.” Angela choked out, still totally taken aback by the fact that her best friend finally had jumped her FBI agent.

“No. No details. Angela... tell me what to do.” Brennan said, her voice pleading.

“What to do? If it was any good, I suggest doing it again and again and again...”

“Angela” Brennan yelled into the phone, then she covered her mouth with her hand in shock. Had she been too loud? Had he maybe heard her yelling? She closed her eyes for a brief moment and listened. Silence. She sighed in relief.

“You know, I think I am deaf now.” Angela muttered.

“Sorry. But... I don’t know what to do. We emptied a bottle of tequila yesterday. Then he wished me a happy birthday at midnight... and he kissed me and things got out of hand and...” she remembered just how much things had gotten out of hand and suppressed a groan “... I woke up a few minutes ago and ... he is still asleep in my bed. I locked myself in the bathroom. I don’t know what to tell him, Angela. I don’t know what to do.”

“You could thank him for your birthday present. I think sex is quite a good present.”

Angela suggested.

“Please. I am serious.” Brennan whispered.

“Okay... okay... Calm down, we will work this out. Just tell me one little thing before we go on... Was it good?”

“What does that have to do with anything?” Brennan asked, annoyed.

“Everything. Now answer.” Angela pressured her best friend.

“The best sex I ever had.” Brennan quickly forced out and heard Angela’s delighted exclamation. “I knew it.”

“Angela.” Brennan chided, trying to dampen her best friend’s enthusiasm.

“Yeah, okay, okay….you both wanted it. You both enjoyed it. You really care for each other. What exactly is your problem, Bren?”

“We were drunk. This was not a rational decision. It just happened. And he is my partner... how am I supposed to work with him now? After this...this…..?” Brennan sighed.

“Sweetie, first of all, with all that sexual tension between you and Booth, there never was a chance for a rational decision, okay? And secondly... you don’t want to repeat it? I mean, you don’t want a relationship with him?”

Brennan’s eyes widened at her best friend’s suggestion... the thought had not even occurred to her.

“No. We... that can’t be, Angela. We are partners. Co-workers... “

”So are Hodgins and I”, Angela threw in.

“That’s different. Booth... he is my friend and my partner. I can’t... Please, Angela, tell me what to do to make this alright again. Like it was before.”

“That’s impossible, Sweetie. You slept with him. That’s a fact. You will have to deal with the consequences. Look, you will have to decide if you want to have a relationship with him or not.” Angela answered.

“But... but... it’s not solely my decision. I mean, I don’t know what he thinks about all that. Maybe he regrets it.” Brennan worried.

“God, are you blind? Booth adores you. The man practically worships the ground you walk on. I can’t speak for him, but I am pretty sure that YOUR opinion is the crucial point, not his. So, I guess it’s your call, Sweetie.”

Brennan paled. “No—I can’t... “ She stammered.

“How do you feel about Booth?” Angela asked.

“He is an important part of my life. I can’t imagine not having him around. That’s why this is so complicated, Angela... I don’t want to lose him just because we had sex.” Brennan sighed into the phone.

“Don’t say THAT to him. Whatever you do, Bren, what ever you decide to do, don’t say that it was just sex.” Angela quickly said.

“What... why?”

“Because I am sure it meant more than that to Booth. And I suspect it also meant more to you. So don’t say it... you would hurt him..” Angela explained gently.

“But...” Brennan started, but was interrupted.

“Look, I can’t tell you what to do, but you will have to face him eventually, right? You can’t sneak out, because he is in your apartment. And it would not be a good solution anyway. You have to talk to him sooner or later.”

“I know” Brennan whispered.

“You said you can’t imagine having him around. So, how do you imagine your life in... say ten years from now?” Angela asked.

“Well,... I like how it is now.” Brennan said, unsure of Angela’s question.

“But life doesn’t always stay the same, right? Changes are inevitable.” Angela deliberately tried to approach the subject scientifically. “Don’t you want somebody in your life who makes you laugh, who comforts you when you’re sad, who’s there for you when you need him?”

“Booth is doing all that.” Brennan answered.

“As your partner and friend. What if the FBI would split you up. What if he is sent somewhere else?” Angela asked.

“No! He can’t go.” Brennan exclaimed, shocked by the mere suggestion.

“Why not?” Angela asked.

“Because... I need him.” Brennan answered hesitantly. Suddenly the realisation hit her. She could easily picture her life without so many things, but not without him.

Maybe he had not looked out of place in her bed because that was where he belonged. She blinked. Could she have a relationship with Booth? Fact was, they already spent a lot of time together, more than with anybody else, she realised. Not only on her side, she who hardly had friends, who had no real family to go to. Since her brother and her father were both in prison.

No, this very moment she understood that Booth was spending the majority of his time with her. Not only work time, which would be perfectly understandable, given that they were partners... also his free time.

“Hold on, Sweetie... I’ve got another call, be right back, okay?” Angela’s voice intruded. Brennan did not care that Angela answered another call. She needed time to sort things out anyway.

Could it really be true? Could love have wormed its way into her life without her noticing it? Could Booth be the one man for her... really for HER? Not only as a friend, but as more. As a partner in every aspect of her life?

She trusted him, that she knew for sure. He would never deliberately hurt her, would never let her down, would go to extremes to save her. As he already had. And she would do the same for him... because she needed him in her life. She bit her bottom lip and nearly dropped the phone when Angela’s voice became audible again.

Brennan’s eyes widened in surprise when she heard that Angela was chuckling. “It was for you... more or less.”

“What?” Brennan made, clearly not understanding.

“It was Booth calling me, he told me - and I quote: “Would you tell her to come out and talk to me already? I am making ham and eggs and they only taste good as long as they are warm. And she can’t spend her whole birthday in the bathroom.”

Brennan was speechless. Then after a long moment of silence, she tiptoed to the bathroom door and pressed her ear against it, lowering her phone and ignoring Angela’s constant rambling. Sure enough, she could hear the faint clatter of dishes coming from her kitchen.

“Oh my God”, she whispered. She raised her phone to her ear again. “Angela. He is in my kitchen.”

“Genius. I knew that.” Angela commented, with an audible grin in her voice. “And that totally proves my point that he wants a relationship with you. He could have just sneaked out of your apartment. And if he regretted last night would he be making ham and eggs??? No way! Hell, Bren, the man is cooking for you right NOW!”

“Uh-uh” She replied, her brain a little numb. But then, she made a decision and squared her shoulders a little.

“What are you going to do now?” Angela asked curiously.

“I am going to have breakfast.” Brennan replied, hung up and unlocked the door. She took in a deep breath and stepped out of her bathroom... and into a relationship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviews would be awesome!!!
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Loved him calling Ange to get Bren out of the bathroom. That part was priceless. Great story!

bgwgscienceteacher
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:53 pm

I loved this story.
I can totally imagine Brennan sitting in her bathroom and talking to Angela on the phone because she has no idea what to do about this situation.
And then her little problem is calling Angela to let her know that he is awake and making breakfast.....tozika
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 pm

awwww sweeties, thanks you are the best

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 pm

oooh nice....I like it too Smile

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:55 pm

i still have 2 more to read cheese, but so far, the movie and first day are my favourite. The movies needs to be extended to a 2 shot , you know me, i love the smut! and first day is so funny, the interaction is perfect. Your one shot writing is brilliant well done x x

magicstar
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:56 pm

thanks a lot magic... unfortunately I am having writer's block now again *sighs*

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:57 pm

damn musie...where did he go? come out come out where ever you are....cheesie needs you!

magicstar
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:58 pm

“It was Booth calling me, he told me - and I quote: “Would you tell her to come out and talk to me already? I am making ham and eggs and they only taste good as long as they are warm. And she can’t spend her whole birthday in the bathroom.”

wow, that is so booth....i loved this oneshot cheese loved it and if musie wont come out to play to write something new why not extend this one a little....i would love to hear the B and B conversation over ham and eggs!!!! fantastic cheese!!!!

magicstar
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:59 pm

Good idea magic....
I would love to read about this talk too.

tozika
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:00 pm

Good idea magic....
I would love to read about this talk too.

Magic I'm not sure, but isn't this a quote from some horror-movie...

And Cheese give your musie a cookie from me when she's back....maybe it will help...

tozika
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:01 pm

aw, sweeties you're soooo kind... but muse is still hiding somewhere *sighs* I hope she'll come out soon...

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:01 pm

i dont know if that is a movie quote or not, i dont recognise it!

magicstar
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:02 pm

I think it is but I can't remember which movie it was.....or at least it's something the german synchronization came up with quite similar...

Watever...I hope that maybe musie is getting better because of all this beautiful easter eggs and everything....

tozika
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:03 pm

I know it now.....it's Hide and Seek with Robert De Niro and Dakota Fanning....

tozika
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi all! Thank you for your wonderful reviews. I know it's been long since I updated here, but I finally had an idea for another one-shot... Hope you'll like it!

And special thanks to Ana for beta-ing!!! YOU ROCK, WOMAN!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Waiting…

„I hate it when we have to wait.“ Booth said, tapping his foot impatiently.

“Huh?” The woman beside him asked, not even bothering to look up from the medical journal she had buried her nose in practically as soon as they had entered the waiting room.

“Waiting. Damn boring.” He emphasised.

“Read something” She replied casually and pointed to the couch table in front of them, which was covered in medical journals.

“I am not going to touch that stuff. Might get infected and turn out a squint myself.” He grinned at her. She rolled her eyes in response only to return her attention to the report on bone cancer she had been reading.

Booth resumed tapping his foot, the rhythm occasionally accompanied by a sigh.

“Would you stop that? I can’t concentrate with you making all of that noise.” His partner addressed him without looking up.

“Sorry.” He mumbled and let his gaze sweep over the empty waiting room. He sighed again and winced in anticipation of some harsh comment from her side, but the ringing of his cell phone saved him.

Quickly he pulled it out, too happy about the distraction to check the caller ID. “Booth.” He answered and groaned inwardly when he heard his mother’s voice.

“Seeley. How come you never return my calls? I left two messages on your answering machine yesterday and you did not call me back.” The accusatory tone pierced his ears and he registered the amused smile played on the lips of his partner.

He rolled his eyes and answered: “Sorry, Mom.... I kinda forgot. Would you calm down a little?”

“Calm down, he says. You know, it’s no fun at all with you boys. Jared’s as bad as you.” His mother snapped.

“Sorry, really, Mom. I came home late last night and this morning I forgot.” Booth replied, his voice gentler now.

“Hm” his mother mumbled. “Yeah, well, now that you’re actually talking to me.... I’d like to remind you that your Dad’s sixtieth birthday party is in two weeks.

“I haven’t forgotten about it.” He quickly answered, although he had.

“No, of course not.” His mother drawled the words out with audible sarcasm. “Anyway.... I would like to know if you’re going to come alone.... or not?” The last two words were uttered in that hopeful tone of hers, the tone she used when she suggested that he was getting too old to be living on his own.

He stifled a sigh and answered. “It’s going to be just Parker and me.”

“Oh, Seeley. You’ve got to get a woman in your life.” His mother exclaimed.

Booth’s gaze flickered to his partner, who was – thankfully – not laughing, though he suspected she was barely holding it in.

“Yeah. Thanks for the advice.” He gave back weakly.

“Honestly, Seeley, you know I love Parker, but it’s time for you to.... settle down a little. And more grandchildren would be great too.”

“Really? Hey, why don’t you pick on Jared for a change?” Booth sighed.

“You know very well that he and Michelle are trying!” His mother hissed.

Booth’s eyes widened. “Uh, no. I had no idea. That’s... They’re having problems?” He asked, concerned.

“They’ve been trying for a year now. You really did not know? Well, now you do. But we’re not discussing Jared here, Seeley.” His mother’s tone made it clear that he had not forgotten about the initial topic.

“You know, Mom, I don’t think I have time for this now. I in the middle of a meeting right now...” He started to explain, but was interrupted by Brennan’s voice “Dr. Sweets is not going to be ready for us until nine. His secretary made that very clear.”

Booth shot his partner a death glare.

“What? Who was that woman, Seeley? And what’s this about a doctor?” Her voice sounded alarmed.

“Nothing you should worry about, Mom. My partner and I have to participate in a psychological evaluation. FBI politics, nothing special.” He hurried to answer.

“Ah.” His mother said.

“Yeah.” He replied.

He heard his partner make a strange noise beside him and shot her another death glare. He was sure she was laughing, although she hid behind her journal.

“You know, Mom, I appreciate your concern, but there’s nothing to worry about, okay? We’re going to have a nice birthday party in two weeks. Parker will be thrilled to see you again.”

“I am looking forward to seeing him again too.It’s just.... I want you to be happy, Seeley.” His mother replied, resignation in her voice.

“I know. I am. Kind of. So don’t worry.” He answered. “I gotta go now, Mom. Say hi to Dad for me, will you?”

“Sure. Take care, Seeley.”

Booth closed his phone, took in a deep breath and glared at his partner, who was reading. Or pretending to do so.

“You’re evil.” He accused her.

“Huh?” She made, looking up from her journal to meet his gaze, a confused expression on her face.

“Don’t give me that crap. I know you’ve been listening. Very impolite, by the way. And that you practically told her she had another ten minutes to tell what not else I should change about my life, was downright evil.” Booth stared at her.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She smiled sweetly. “I’ve been reading.”

“Sure, Miss Innocent. Do you honestly think I am thick enough to believe you need more than ten minutes to read that article?” Booth pointed towards the journal on her lap, still opened at the same page as it had been before his mother had called.

For a moment, her eyes widened a little. “I like to be thorough.” She quickly defended herself.

“Uh-uh. Thoroughly nosy.” Booth said.

“I am not nosy.” She frowned.

“Are too.” Booth grinned.

“Now you’re being childish.” She accused him.

“Just because you’re too proud to admit that you’re nosy enough to listen in on a private phone conversation.” Booth retorted, folding his arms.

“If you want to keep your phone calls private, maybe you shouldn’t be talking so loud.” Brennan gave back.

“Whatever you say, Bones.” He gave in and strolled towards the restroom. “I’ll be right back.” But he turned just in time to see the wicked grin on her face. He shook his head. Nosy, proud, stubborn, infuriating, adorable woman.

She wanted to play games? Oh, he was so going to pay her back.

----------------------------------------------------------------

like it? hate it? throwing rotten tomatoes?
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:04 pm

Love it...want more of it!

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:05 pm

Don't worry no tomatoes today.....
Why didn't he just tell his mom he could bring Bones?
I would have loved to read about her expression......but on the other hand, his mom would have said yes.....so maybe not a very good idea....

tozika
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:06 pm

thank you for your reviews!!! glad you liked it!

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:06 pm

on cheese i loved it!!!!!! but i want to find out how he gets her back and then asks bones to go to his dads party...wow....that would be something, B and B in a real social situation...at a party, no work, no suints, no dr. sweets analyzing everything lol

magicstar
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next