Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK

+3
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
A2BOREANAZ
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK - Page 2 Empty Re: Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:23 am

sehr gut Miss C!

missfabulous
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK - Page 2 Empty Re: Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:23 am

so cute! can you say... duh.... oblivious partners... just JUMP HIM ALREADY! Smile

beagleluvr93
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:24 am

wow that was awesome!

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 am

Hey you sweeties! Thanks for your wonderful reviews!!!
Here is another one-shot Wink hope you like it.
It's called

The Movie

Booth stood outside Brennan’s apartment, waiting for her to open the door. He frowned a little, since it took her unusually long. He knocked again and was relieved to hear steps coming near. Once again, she opened the door without looking through the spy hole before.

“Hey, Bones.. You know you really should... “He was about to scold her for it, but he stopped mid-sentence when he took in her appearance. Had she been crying and why was her hair so dishevelled? And her clothes were pretty casual too.

“Booth, what are you doing here?” Brennan mumbled, giving him a surprised look.

“You forgot? I told you I’d come over with take-out.... I can go, if you...” He stumbled over his own words, but she interrupted him.
“No... no, stay. Sorry, I really forgot.” She took the bags he had been carrying out of his hands and motioned for him to come in.

“Everything alright?” He asked, giving her another inquiring glance. Something was wrong, wasn’t it? It had to be.... her eyes were a little red and her voice sounded.... odd.

She nodded half-heartedly and mumbled. “I fell asleep in front of the TV.”

He nodded, that sounded familiar.....after a day’s work watching TV often had the same effect on him, even if it was still pretty early.
It took him a whole minute to process the information, that she had in fact been speaking of a TV. Bones – TV.... what?

“What? Wait, since when do you have a TV?” He asked her, while shrugging off his jacket.

She smiled. “I bought it last week.” She simply stated.

“You bought a TV? Why?” Booth asked, stunned.

She shrugged lightly. “Angela told me about that channel with historic documentary films... I figured it might be interesting.... and I thought you’d appreciate it, since you’re often here.”

“Let me take a look at it first, then I’ll tell you if it deserves my appreciation.” He joked and moved towards the living room.
There he stopped, completely stunned and speechless. At least for a moment.
Then he let out a loud “Hell, you call that a TV?”

Brennan frowned. “Yeah. What’s wrong with it? The guy at the shop told me it was .... ah “the Mercedes” “

Booth grinned like an idiot. “No shit.” He shook his head. What was standing there in front of him, was not simply a TV. It was a home cinema, with an expensive speaker system – cable-free he noticed-, a screen so god damn big he could only take a wild guess at the diagonal. 140 inches, maybe?
His gaze settled on the shelf beneath the screen and he was not surprised to see the guy at the shop – who had surely done a silly dance after her purchase – had talked her into buying a hard disk recorder with integrated DVD player. Expensive brand, too. Hallelujah.

“Mercedes is not enough. This is a Maybach.” He muttered and shook his head again in disbelieve. TV, my ass, he thought.

“Maybach?” She repeated, clearly not knowing what he was talking about.

“The premium class of Mercedes.” Booth supplied, still not able to tear his gaze away from the huge TV.

“Ah... that’s good then?” She asked and smiled a little.

“Uh-uh” Booth’s admiring gaze went over her new equipment and he sighed. “I wish I had that stuff. Uh, imagine... the Superbowl on THAT screen.”

She grinned. “If you behave you can watch it here.”

“Behave?” He repeated, surprised. “What do you mean?”

“You could let me drive from time to time.... just an example.” Brennan suggested, still smiling at his reaction to her new TV.
He frowned at her.... but then his gaze wandered back to the big TV.... back to her.... back to the TV. “Maybe” He finally gave in, sounding defeated.

She grinned broadly, but decided not to indulge in her small victory too long. “Come on, Booth.... We can watch something while we’re eating the take-out you brought.” She said, placing the containers with Thai Food on the living room table. Then she hurried towards the kitchen for two beers.

“Yeah... I am dying to see that thing in action. But no watching documentary films... especially nothing gory. Cause on that big screen you’ll be able to see every detail.” Booth shuddered.

“Okay.” She agreed, taking the remote control and switched the TV on.

Humphrey Bogart filled the screen. “Hey, Casablanca.” Booth commented. But.....the picture did not move. A quick glance at the DVD player told him why.

“Bones....... are you kidding me? You really were watching Casablanca?” He grinned from ear to ear.

She quickly switched the DVD player off, blushing slightly. But only a moment later she gave him a challenging look, her arms crossed in defence. “And? It’s none of your business anyway!”

“Hey, no need to get all uptight. It’s just a surprise. Doctor Temperance Brennan likes to watch old romantic movies.” He gave back, still grinning.

When he spotted a box with kleenex on the table, two used handkerchiefs lying there too, his mind connected the dots. Her red-rimmed eyes, the odd sound in her voice.

“Oh. My. God.” He breathed, totally taken aback. He, of all people, knew that Temperance Brennan felt more than she let on, but crying over a movie? That was just a little too much for him.

“What?” She snapped, giving him a death glare.

“You cried. That’s why your eyes are red. Hell, there’s even a box of kleenex here. You cried over Casablanca.” He said.... too stunned to soften his words.

She exhaled slowly, anger showing in her eyes.... and something else. Something he could not quite name, albeit he had seen it there before.
“Not because of the movie.” She admitted suddenly.... which came as a surprise for her, too.

Booth gasped. So, she just had admitted she had been crying. And she had been watching Casablanca. He blinked.
“Sure.” He said, doubt in his voice and showing on his face.

“I did not cry over that movie!” She snapped, fire glowing in her eyes..... and a long-buried pain, that had been drawn to the surface. Pain.... that’s what he had seen before.
Instantly, he turned serious again and his voice was gentle when he said.
“Then tell me.... Come on, Bones. Tell me why you were crying.”

She averted her gaze, the fire suddenly gone, her body posture relaxing..... and although she tried to turn away from him, he could see new tears forming in her eyes. The sight of that made him swallow hard.

“Temperance?” He whispered. “What’s wrong?” He came a little closer and placed a warm hand on her arm.

At the sound of her given name, she suddenly let out a sob. “My mother..... “ She choked out, then stopped again. Booth frowned a little, but said nothing.... He knew she would continue when she was ready. And obviously she was not ready yet.... her shoulders shook, and he saw tears streaming down her face. His heart ached upon seeing her like that.

“Come here.” He whispered and pulled her into his arms. She did not fight it, she seemed to simply melt against him, as if all power had left her. He held her close, stroking her back, trying to comfort her, calm her. And after some time, the sobs and the crying subsided, but he still held her against him... and she made no attempt to pull away.
Still leaning against him, she suddenly whispered: “My mother loved Casablanca. We watched it together.... every year on her birthday..... just my Mom and me. Dad and Russ never wanted to see it.... too girlish, Russ said.” She paused and swallowed hard.

“I bought it yesterday. And today..... I only saw the first few minutes...I have the feeling she has to sit beside me.... it feels wrong without her, Booth. It hurts..... I can’t watch it alone.” She trembled a little, but he held her firm in his arms.

“If you want, I can watch it with you, Temperance.” He whispered in her ear, his voice so gentle it made her tremble.

She let out an odd sound, half-laugh half-sob. “Not too girlish?”

“I’ve seen it before.... my mother loves it too. And since she does not have a daughter to watch it with, I had to substitute. I stood it like a man. I was eight, I believe.” He explained, smiling a little at the memory.

She chuckled softly and - relieved to hear her recover - he joined her after a moment. She felt his chest vibrate against her and took in a deep breath. She knew perfectly well, that his behaviour and her reaction were not what was common between partners. And he knew it, too.

But still, they remained as they were for some time, until she finally said. “I bet the food is cold by now.” She pulled back and looked into his eyes. “Thank you. For being there for me.”

“Anytime, Bones.... you know that, right?” He smiled his gentle smile at her and she knew. Knew that he would always be there for her.... “Yes.” She breathed. “I know.”

“Good.” He gave back and winked at her. “Now, Bones... the food is cold, the beer is warm... the only thing that can save the evening is a good old movie.”

Her eyes widened a little. “Oh, you don’t have to watch it with me.” She quickly said.

“What if I want to?” Booth asked. “After all, it’s a classic. And I haven’t seen it in ages.”

She gave him a doubtful glance. “Special Agent Seeley Booth likes to watch old romantic movies?” She repeated the words he had used before.

He gave her crooked grin. “If you ever repeat that sentence in front of anybody else, I fear, I have to shoot you.”

She grinned back at him and shook her head slightly. “Who would have thought....”

“Ah, shut up and start the movie.” He nudged her gently and she grabbed the remote control and started the movie again.
She only hesitated for a few minutes.... then she leant against him, her head on his shoulder. He was surprised by her action, but after a short inner debate, he gently placed his arm around her shoulders. And that’s how they stayed.

Half way through the movie, she whispered: “You know, I am glad you are here.”
These words made him smile and after a moment, he murmured back. “Me too, Temperance.”

ooookay... please let me know if you liked it!
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 am

eventhough I promised myself not to read fanfic anymore, I broke the promise to read this one and cheese I loved it ! I wish that my guy would want to watch Casablanca with me, I love classics but he always run from them..lol

xxx Your Uber special slimy fan Missy
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:26 am

hey missfab, thank you so much... miss uber slimey Wink

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:26 am

ooh i love it

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:27 am

Aww, Cheese... Wonderful... Nothing like snuggle-love. So cute.... I wish I had a Booth too...

And waht do you mean about not reading fan fics, Miss Fab?? How could you NOT??

Smile Dr. B
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:27 am

I´m a puddle on the floor, freshly melted and with tears in my eyes. That last one was so lovely. Both watching Casablanca and snuggling on the couch.
Now I forgot what I wanted to write to the chapter before that. Think I need to recover a bit and place a second post later. But I remember I liked the other one too........

nane
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:28 am

aww, I Love all of these fluffy oneshots!! They're just fun! I had no idea you've written so much! You're very talented!

miller0259
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:29 am

cheese... all of those were awesome... i love reading the one shots... these were funny and sweet all at the same time... i hope you post more... i must add my favorite oldie is a movie called gigi and my husband has so "taken the hit like a man" and watched with me... Smile

bonbon
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:29 am

thank you all so much for you wonderful reviews!!! glad you liked the one-shots so far... whenever musie comes to whisper something in my ear (happens in the funniest situations... like during a meeting Wink I will write more of them)

miller, wow, thanks a lot!!! I've written a few stories so far (never thought that would happen) and I really hope you like them Wink

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:30 am

Cheesie.... waiting waiting waiting... Smile Just went back and read a few of these again. So much fun!!

dr. b
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:31 am

Sweeties, you are all wonderful!!! Thank you for your reviews.... musie rewarded me with another story she whispered into my ear.... I wrote it yesterday, but I was tired and had to go through it all again today during my lunch break.

Here we go! Hope you like it!

ARMED

Special Agent Seeley Booth smiled, when he heard a soft snore from the passenger seat beside him. There his partner, Dr. Temperance Brennan, was fast asleep, while he was driving. But, he had to admit, she really needed sleep right now, since she had – once again – worn herself out while working a case. Solving a case, he corrected himself. After all, she had more or less solved it on her own.

They had driven to Roanoke to solve a grisly double murder three days ago and both of them hardly slept during their investigation. But he had been sleeping last night, at least. His stubborn partner on the other hand had spent the night working on her laptop – all night. If he had known she would be pulling that kind of stunt, he would have confiscated the laptop.

He had been a little angry at her in the morning, when he had knocked at her door and the voice that had answered him had been groggy, but also carrying a certain tone of excitement... then she had opened the door and he only had needed one look at her to know she had been working all night. Her face had been pale with dark circles under her eyes, her body posture nowhere near the confident strength she usually had, but worn out and erratic. He would have scolded her, his worry for her resulting into anger, but the victorious look on her tired face had made him stop.

She had found something...... she did not even have to say a word, the statement was plastered all over her face. So he had swallowed his anger – for now – and had asked: “You found out who did it?”

She had nodded and presented him an Angelator-Scenario Angela had sent them..... it had not made sense and they had been nearly desperate. But Brennan had figured it out. “I know why the data did not fit. The size was correct, the force was correct.... but the attacker did not really use his fist.”

Booth had frowned and given her a questioning look “But... she was beat up.... just like the first victim.“

Brennan had nodded. “Our killer wears a prosthesis on his right arm.... that explains the altered data. Although modern prosthesises are very good they still can not imitate the human bone and muscular structure perfectly.”

Booth’s eyes had widened and a grin appeared on his face. “Dennis Walker.”

Brennan had nodded. “Dennis Walker wears a prosthesis on his right arm. With my findings we will surely get a warrant to examine it.”

“Good work, Bones.” He had told her and she had given him a satisfied, but tired smile.

Then he had tried to convince her to at least take a nap while he arranged for Walker to get arrested. Fat chance. He should have known that she was far too stubborn – and cranky - for something like that. They had packed their things in record time and left the hotel, heading towards Walker’s house.

They had arrested him and he had been moved to the local jail where he was in custody now.... minus his prosthesis, which was carefully bagged and wrapped up.... and riding with Booth and Brennan in the car’s back seat, ready for getting examined at the Jeffersonian in a few hours.

Booth stole another side glance at his partner, who was still sleeping.... She had been denying she was tired for some time, but then her eyelids had started to droop. Another half an hour later her head was rolling from one side to the other, until she had shifted her position, using her arm as a pillow, propped against the side window.

So, here they were now.... on the road with still a little more than two hours to go. And his gaze, which should be glued to the road, often wandered to her, enjoying the freedom of being able to look at her without getting a harsh or questioning comment from her in return. She looked good. Well, he had known that... but even with dark circles under her eyes, dishevelled hair and – god help him, but how could he not have noticed – bad breath he had found her admirable.

As soon as you notice you find a woman adorable with bad breath you know one thing: you are in trouble. That kind of trouble bearing the name love. Love, God damn it.
He had known she meant a lot to him. He had known she was smart and beautiful and that he enjoyed spending time with her. But recently his mind had been occupied with vivid imaginations of how exactly he would love to spend time with her.
Talk about major distraction.... But he still had been able to label it as: simple attraction to an attractive woman. Perfectly normal response.

Ridiculous. Simple attraction did not include worrying for her safety, doing favours for criminal siblings or parents, giving her guy hugs which where no guy hugs, being concerned for her that much it sometimes made his chest feel too tight, bringing her a Christmas tree to jail where she was in a trailer with that crazy/criminal conglomerate that was her family.
Said trailer made him recall the kiss they had shared in her office. With Caroline watching, God damn her. Or thank her,.... he was not quite sure. If it had not been for Caroline’s puckish feeling maybe Brennan had never approached the subject of kissing. Oh, who was he kidding, she would have never kissed him. NEVER.

And that kiss had been good. No, not good.... great, amazing, breathtaking, ..... God, he had ended up with her gum in his mouth! Gum-swapping.... that was something he had not done... in ages.

And then she had said something about “like kissing my brother”. Huh. People who kissed their siblings like that were NOT normal. But of course, she had not really meant it, she had just wanted to mask her embarrassment in front of Caroline.... and him too, he mused.

And that kiss simply did not leave his mind..... the memory was always there, lurking in a shadowy corner, ready to jump into bright light whenever it was the least convenient.
Like this morning, when she had told him who was the murderer. Pale, tired, cranky, with dishevelled hair and bad breath she had been standing in front of him.... and all he had wanted to do was kiss her senseless.

Another soft snore from the passenger seat made him smile. Wasn’t it cute she was snoring? Ah, shit.... MAJORE trouble. He found her snoring adorable. Damn.

He let out a sigh and shook his head. He was in love with her, had been for months, he was sure now. He just had been able to deceive himself, telling his conscious he only cared for her because she was his friend and partner. And the only reason for him to be attracted to her was, that she was an attractive woman.
Which was of course true, she was.... very attractive.
But his imagination did not only picture her in his bed, but in his life. As in ‘happily ever after’.

He snorted. This was Bones he was talking about. ‘Happily ever after’ was not her style. He was not quite sure if ‘happily for the moment’ was her style.
Although, he recalled the conversation after the case with the pony play fetish group – which still made him shudder in disgust – when she suddenly had said, that she thought he was right. Right about that fetish groups having crappy sex and that two people who loved each other could make something different, something wonderful.... becoming one, defying laws of physics.

So, was she open for the concept of love? Or was it all biological urges and attraction to specimen of the opposite gender for her?

His throat went dry, while he dared to at least consider she might believe in love. That would be at least a first step, right? Believing in love would maybe make her open enough to recognise it when it was standing right in front of her. When he was standing right in front of her.

He let out a sudden, humourless laugh. She would never figure out how he was feeling on her own. Never. She was just so goddamn oblivious that even believing in love would not do the trick. He would have to tell her. He swallowed hard at that thought. There were so many goddamn ways how such a conversation could end:
Bones – running away. Bones – punching him in the face. Bones – laughing at him, asking if he was joking. Bones – saying she did not understand. Bones – kissing him and make passionate love to him. Unlikely, but....

The last scenario occupied his mind long enough for him to nearly miss the exit. He slammed the brakes, just in time to still be able to take the exit.

‘Way to go, Seeley’ he scolded himself ‘Indulge in your fantasies long enough to get yourself and her killed and the chances for them to become true are DEFINITELY zero.’

“Idiot.” He hissed and the woman on the passenger seat beside him let out a sigh.

He gave her an astonished look, but decided it was better to concentrate on the road.
Good thing he had composed himself a bit, because the next thing he heard coming from Bones’ lips would have startled him enough to drive off the road.

“Booth.... no.” She murmured. And it did not sound happy, not happy at all. It... sounded worried, full of pain and the sound of her voice caused a shiver to run down his spine. She had to be dreaming, but not the fluffy, nice kind of dream, that was for sure.

“No! Please.. Booth, no.....” Her voice again, so filled with pain and anguish, he could not take it anymore. He took a glance in the rear view mirror and when he saw nobody was behind them, he turned on the warning lights and stopped the car on the right side of the road.

“Bones... wake up.” He addressed the sleeping woman. “You’re dreaming.” He placed his hand on her arm, gripping it, shaking her gently. “Temperance.”

She woke with a start and a muffled sob, panting heavily. The expression in her eyes quickly changed from confusion to recognition and she choked out his name. “Booth.” Her voice was breathless, relieved and full of emotion. “You’re alright?” She managed to ask and he saw worry in her eyes.

“Yeah. You we’re dreaming, Bones.” He said, his voice steady and gentle, although his heart was beating fast.

“Oh, good.” She breathed and briefly closed her eyes. Then a frown appeared on her face. “I should have known it.... You would have been stronger... in reality.”

“I..... have no idea what you’re talking about, Bones.” Booth stated, squeezing her arm gently. “But .... if you want to tell me.....”

She hesitated for a moment, as if unsure if she could trust him with it, but then she licked her dry lips and said. “Okay. But it was just a dream, okay?”
He nodded, not trusting his voice.
“Dennis Walker. He hit you, he punched you, he.... tortured you. I... should have known it was just a dream. First of all, we already arrested him. And secondly, you would have been stronger than him. I have seen you fight in Vegas and you would have beat him... I... don’t understand why I even would dream something... like that... completely irrational.”

He gave her a gentle, understanding smile. “Dreams are not logical, Bones.”

“I could not help you.” She choked out, still shaken up by the nightmare. “I could just... watch him hurting you.......It hurt me, too.” Her voice was barely audible.

“It was only dream, Bones.... a nightmare.” Booth said, his voice soothing. “I am alright and you are too.”

She nodded, but he sensed she was still not quite herself, somehow weakened and unsteady. He unbuckled his seat belt and edged closer to her. “Come here.” He whispered and she looked at him for only a moment, then the spark of doubt left her eyes and she launched herself in his arms. He enveloped her in his strong arms and she inhaled his male scent, driving away the disgusting odour of her all-too vivid nightmare. “It was so real.” She murmured.

“No... no, it was not. I would have fought back and you would never just stand by. I know you, Bones. You would have taken down Dennis Walker all by yourself.” He whispered in her ear.

She nodded against his cheek and pulled back, a determined gleam in her eyes. “You’re right. He would not be a match for me. And certainly not for you. What was I thinking? He was not even armed.”

Booth blinked, looking at her fierce posture and a moment later her words settled in.... and laughter erupted from him. She gave him a confused look, but he was shaking so hard with laughter, he could not even explain what was so funny. Brennan watched him incredulously for some time.... by the time he had calmed down enough to finally speak, she was scowling at him.

“Sorry, but Bones..... armed....” he chuckled again, still breathless.

“What?” She snapped, clearly not understanding him.

“Walker.... of course he was not armed.... cause WE have his ARM right here.” He chuckled, gesturing towards the backseat. “ARMed, you get it?” His shoulders were shaking with laughter again.

A smile crept on her face and she rolled her eyes. “You’re so immature.” She said, but despite her words she started laughing too, until her cheeks were wet with tears. Not only tears because she was laughing so hard, but also the tears she had to shed for what she had seen in her dream....the laughter only offered a good excuse.

When they both had calmed down, he looked at her questioningly. “You okay now, Bones?”

She nodded. “Still tired.... but I don’t want to dream something like that again.”

“You won’t.” Booth assured her.

“How do you know?” She asked, raising one eyebrow.

“You just laughed so hard, you’ll dream something funny. And just in case you’re having another nightmare I will wake you again, okay? Trust me. It’s still a two hours drive and you have not slept last night... you need this.” Booth said, giving her an encouraging look.

She drew in a deep breath and nodded. “Okay.” She got herself in the same position she had been sleeping in before and gave him a tired smile.

“Sleep tight.” He grinned and she smiled. “I hope so.” She closed her eyes the moment he started the car again.... and soon fatigue took over again and she fell asleep.

Booth kept his gaze on the road.... well, most of the time anyway. From time to time he stole side glances on his sleeping partner, who was fast asleep again.
A warm feeling had settled in his chest. Despite the fact that she had had an awful nightmare he was feeling somehow good and light-headed now. She had been terrified, had been worried for him. She cared for him. Maybe, he thought, there was hope for the two of them..... for their ‘happily ever after’. A smile started to cover his face and when he looked at Brennan again he saw a matching smile on her peaceful features.

In her dream, Brennan smiled. She dreamed of dancing arm prothesises. Irrationality could be fun.

huh, a pretty long one this time.
Please let me know if you like it!!!
AND, just for information: I don't have the intention of making of people with a handicap - just stating this here.
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:31 am

Like this story, it gets better and better. What about a story with a nickname with for Booth....remember Sully's was peanut.

otismotis
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:32 am

otis, thanks so much!!! uh a nickname for booth.... hmmm nice idea.... let me think about it Wink

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:33 am

cheese that was fabulous.....love the interaction.......and the dialogue was spot on...........oh how they care for one another....it was wonderful.........thanks for sharing........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:33 am

awww thanks sweetie!!! those are the reviews that keep me going *big stupid smile*

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:34 am

cheese... that was too cute!!! these are great... post more soon ..... pretty please!!

bonbon
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:35 am

lol that was funny. Yeah I wonder what his nickname is too.

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:36 am

Thank you for your comments, sweeties!!!
Here we go the next one-shot is ready, my first attempt on a songfic... well, more or less anyway. The song is A matter of trust, Billy Joel and the lyrics do of course not belong to me....

Enjoy.

[g]Trust...[/g]

Booth was sitting at the table he shared with ‘his’ group of squints and eyed the other people in the ball room. It was late evening and the band had left, but there was music playing. Right now Angela and Hodgins were dancing, swaying to some 80ies love song.... they looked happy. Something he envied them for... not that he thought they did not deserve it... oh, they did. But he longed for love himself, for that happiness, that level of trust.

He knew one person who could bring all that to him. Pity the person in question had no clue of his feelings.

He sighed, watching his partner on the dance floor, dancing with some lab technician, a John what’s-his-name. He was the image of boredom and by the look on Brennan’s face not even she managed to be interested in whatever he was telling her. Booth stifled a yawn. This Jeffersonian Donator’s ball was even more boring than the last one he had been to. If possible.

He had at least had a little fun with Cam before, laughing at some of the people’s dresses. Seriously, there was one woman wearing a dress in the colour of ....... well, puke. He wondered how her husband could look at her for longer than a minute without taking off towards the restroom. Whoever had been sitting in front of that woman during dinner must have had a good stomach.
But now Cam had left to dance with a donator, who was attractive and single, she had told him with a wink. Well, good for her.

Booth watched Zach dancing with a young woman, a squint of course. There were only squints, donators with their respective partners and one single FBI agent. Booth stifled a grin, when Zach trod on his dance partner’s feet for at least the third time. The young woman thankfully was tipsy enough not to mind.

Booth’s gaze floated over the few people who were still seated at their tables. Maybe he should ask one of the women to dance with him... but he did not want to, not really. He had danced with Angela and with Cam, for fun only. He wanted to dance with Bones.... to feel her near him. But Mr. Boring was still holding her in his grasp. Not that Bones would not be able to free herself as soon as she did not want to dance with him anymore. At least she did not look as if she really enjoyed the squint’s company. He wished he could just go to her and claim her for the next dance. She would kill him, of course, so he remained where he was.

Booth tore his gaze away from his partner and again, he looked around in the room. A prickle in his neck told him somebody was watching him. Brennan would tell him that it was impossible to feel somebody staring at you. Well, he knew what he felt.... and true enough, when he shifted in his seat and looked around, he saw that a young woman was watching him. He had seen her before..... it took him a moment to remember that she was working at the museum’s main entrance. Felicity ..... well, he could not recall her last name. She was openly staring at him. He acknowledged her with a small and polite smile and let his gaze wander over this side of the ball room.

Moments later, a movement caught his eye. Felicity. She was walking towards him. Maybe his polite smile had encouraged her to come over. That was not what he had intended to convey by smiling at her and he gave an inward sigh. He would dance with her and that would be it. She was pretty, but at least ten years younger than him. And not really too smart, he concluded, recalling the single conversation they had shared.

On the other hand, he had to admit, that he was comparing her intellect to one certain woman.... and few would score well against Bones.

Felicity was now standing in front of him, smiling at him. “Good evening, Agent Booth.”

“Felicity.” He greeted her and rose to his feet, his manners taking over.

“You remember my name?” She asked, stunned.
Having a good memory was part of his job descrïption, but it would have been not very polite to tell her that, so he just smiled and said. “Of course.”

“You were sitting here all alone, I thought you would like some company.” She said, smiling again. She really was pretty, with long blond hair, blue eyes and when she was smiling – which she seemed to do permanently in Booth’s presence – she showed perfect white teeth.

“Very thoughtful.” He stated, desperately trying not to sound too enthusiastic, but also not impolite. “Would you like to dance?” He asked the inevitable question.

She nodded happily and he took the hand she was offering him. When they were on the dance floor, there was again the prickling feeling. When he started to dance with Felicity, he moved in a half-circle to be able to scan the crowd on the dance floor for the person who was watching him. It was his partner.

Brennan was still held by the lab technician who was enthusiastically talking about something, but she seemed to pay no attention to him at all. Her gaze was fixed on Booth and the young, blond woman he was dancing with.

Booth was surprised to see her watching him, but he smiled at her. She did not smile back, but hastily averted her gaze. He would have wondered if that could mean anything, but just that moment he realised, Felicity had said something to him. Or most likely, asked him something, given her inquiring stare.

“Sorry” he mumbled “I was kind of distracted. What did you ask?”

Felicity smiled. “I just asked how you liked the evening so far?”

‘How about: not at all. Boring like hell. Have not danced with Bones, although that’s what I wanted to do all evening.’ The thoughts that sprang to his mind did not pass inspection.... he could not say anything like that to the woman he was dancing with.

“It was nice so far.” He answered, the words sounding lame even to his own ears. But hell, what was he supposed to do? It was not like he could enjoy an evening in Squint Land.

Well, if he could dance with Bones..... touch her delicate skin, which was – of course only partially - covered by a midnight-blue gown, that accentuated her blue eyes. He tried to ban the image, but the damage was done already. Obviously Felicity had asked him another question and he had not been paying attention. “Sorry?”

The young woman chuckled. “You know, I think I will just finish this dance with you and then I will go. Dr. Brennan looks as if she was going to eat me alive and YOU are obviously as distracted by her as she is by you.”

Booth gaped at her, surprise sending a shock through him. “What?” He looked around, but did not see Brennan anywhere.

“Oh, come on. You just asked me to dance to be polite. I got that now.... “ Felicity said. She did not seem to be upset, thank God.

“Well.... yeah, I have to admit. I am sorry, really. You are nice and you look stunning, but...” Booth was at a loss for words.

Felicity smiled at him again, but somehow the smile was less strained than before. “But there’s somebody else on your mind.”

“Ah, well...” Booth stammered, not really sure what to say. He searched for the midnight blue gown of his partner, her auburn hair, but he did not see her. “She just left, I think.” Felicity said, when she saw how he searched the crowd with his eyes.

“Left?” Booth’s eyes widened. She had left? With that John Squint? He nearly felt his blood starting to boil at the mere thought.
Felicity suddenly stopped their dance. “Go. You two obviously need to talk. It was nice meeting you again, Agent Booth.”

Booth was surprised, but then he smiled at her thankfully. “I am really sorry. Thank you.” He said to her, not quite sure if the few words he managed to say would get along the message.

Felicity motioned for him to hurry and he left the dance floor without looking back. He went towards the table he had been sitting at only a few minutes before, but Brennan was not there..... but Angela and Hodgins were. “Booth” Angela waved at him, grinning happily.

“Hey. Have you seen Bones?” He asked, trying not to sound desperate.

“No. She’s been dancing with that John Boring. Isn’t she dancing anymore?” Angela said, squinting at the crowd of dancers.

“No. Ah, she has to be somewhere around. I... guess I will get myself something to drink.” Booth answered, retreating from the table.

“Isn’t that his glass?” Hodgins asked, pointing towards a full wine glass on the table. Angela nodded. “Something’s up.” She analysed.
Hodgins shrugged. “Not our problem, babe.” Angela gave him a pleading look. “No, Angela... you need to let them figure it out themselves. They’re adults. Besides, I need you here.”
Angela sighed and grumbled something, but Hodgins silenced – and distracted – her with a kiss.

Meanwhile Booth was still looking for Brennan. When he did not find her inside the ball room, he went outside to a balcony.... And there she was, thankfully alone, John Boring had gone lost somewhere.

“Bones.” He said, his voice a bit breathless. She did not turn around, but stared at the skyline of DC. She sipped from a glass of sparkling wine and finally acknowledged his presence with a short. “Hi, Booth.”

Her voice sounded odd and he moved closer, trying to get a look at her face. “Bones? What’s wrong?”

“Why do you assume something has to be wrong?” She retorted.

“Cause you are standing out here all alone, not looking at me.... brooding.” He gave back, longing to just envelop her in a tight embrace.

“Can’t I just go out for a few minutes? I wanted fresh air. Why are you here, I had the impression you were enjoying yourself.” Brennan said, her voice still sounding somehow strained.

“This was a totally boring evening.... Not really enjoyable so far, Bones.” Booth commented.

“Really?” She nearly snapped.

“Are you referring to my dance with Felicity? She came over to me, I had to ask her to dance.” He quickly explained.

“Sure.” Her voice was full of sarcasm and doubt.

“Well, then don’t believe me. But since we are talking about dancing, how did you enjoy your dance with John Boring?” Booth asked, his voice now matching her own snappish tone.

“His name is not Boring.” She stated, her voice distanced.

“But HE is boring.” Booth gave back.

“I had a great time dancing and conversing with him.” Brennan said, her eyes still stubbornly fixed on the illuminated city.

“Sure thing. That’s why you had to fight so hard not to yawn all the time. And if it was THAT enjoyable, why did you run out in the middle of a song?” Booth inquired.

“I wanted fresh air.” She snapped, trying to keep herself from shivering. She had not gone out because of fresh air, but because she did not want to have to watch Booth dancing with a Tessa-clone.... which was irrational, since he was her partner, her friend and nothing more. But what if....
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:37 am

“Uh-hu.” Booth mumbled. “But now, you’re cold.” He shrugged out of his jacket and placed it around her shoulders. She stiffened when his hand brushed her neck, a reaction that did not go unnoticed by Booth.

“You’ve been watching me.” He whispered, close to her ear.
She shook her head. “What makes you believe that?”

“I saw it, Bones. I’ve been watching you too, while you’ve been dancing with John Boring.” Booth whispered. She shuddered when he moved a little closer.

“Why?” She asked, the word not more than a croak.

“Cause I wanted to be the one dancing with you, Bones.” He admitted and finally placed his arm around her shoulders. Involuntary her body leaned in towards him, towards warmth and his unmistakable, familiar and somehow comforting scent.

“Why didn’t you ask?” She asked after a moment of hesitation.

“You were dancing with him all the time.... I figured you would come back to the table some time. I thought you would not like me being all alpha male and steal you away from him.” Booth explained in a low and gentle voice.

“Oh” She breathed.
“I thought it was not polite to just leave him on the dance floor. I...was trying to fit in with the other people. But I thought sooner or later you would maybe see that he bored me to death and ask me to dance with you.” She admitted after another few moments of silence.

Booth was surprised by her words and chuckled lightly. “So, it was a misunderstanding.”

“I guess so.” Brennan sighed.

“It’s cold out here and you are freezing.... we should go inside. Would you still like to dance with me, Temperance?” Booth asked her, his voice a little husky.

She simply nodded and they walked back towards the ball room. Before they stepped inside, she handed him back his jacket. “Thank you.” Her voice was only whisper.
When the light of the ball room touched her face, it nearly took his breath away. The chill outside had let her cheek flush a little and she simply looked admirable.
He smiled at her and took her hand, guiding her towards the dance floor. There was still music of the 80ies playing and he grinned when he saw her lips moving, singing silently along.

When they reached the dance floor a new song started and she smiled broadly when she recognised it. “I love that song.” She smiled. It took Booth a moment to identify the song.
‘A matter of trust’. Billy Joel.

They started to dance with the first few words, Booth making sure he did not hold her too close for her “comfort zone”. He saw how her lips moved again, singing along with the lyrics.

Some love is just a lie of the heart
The cold remains of what began with a passionate start
And they may not want it to end
But it will, it's just a question of when
I've lived long enough to have learned
The closer you get to the fire the more you get burned
But that won't happen to us
'Cause it's always been a matter of trust

I know you're an emotional girl
It took a lot for you to not lose your faith in this world
I can't offer you proof
But you're gonna face a moment of truth
It's hard when you're always afraid
You just recover when another belief is betrayed
So break my heart if you must
It's a matter of trust

Booth swallowed hard upon hearing the lyrics.... he had never really paid attention to them before, but right now, he did. And they fit so perfectly with what he wanted to tell her it ached. He of all people knew that she was as much an emotional person as anybody else.... she just hid it well.

You can't go the distance
With too much resistance
I know you have doubts
But for God's sake don't shut me out

This time you've got nothing to lose
You can take it, you can leave it, whatever you choose
I won't hold back anything
And I'll walk away a fool or a king

She was often shutting people out.... but not tonight and not him. He was not going to let her.

And looking into her startling blue eyes he decided, that he had to tell her about his feelings.... and just like in the song, he would not hold back anything. Walk away a fool or a king, he thought and smiled a little.

Seeing his smile she gave him a questioning look and he whispered. “Do you trust me?”

She frowned a little, clearly surprised by his question, but without hesitation she answered. “Sure. You are my partner, Booth.”
He smiled gently and his right hand moved to her face, cupping it. “No, Temperance, not work. Do YOU trust ME?” He asked again, emotion clearly audible in his voice.

Her eyes widened when his palm made contact with the soft skin of her cheek. And his words and the tone in which they were uttered startled her even more.
But although she was surprised by the passion that was showing in his eyes, by his actions and his words, she still knew the answer. She trusted him... but she was speechless, not able to answer.

The song and listening to lyrics long forgotten, he watched her, her struggle for an answer.... but he saw no uncertainty in her eyes and that gave him at least enough courage to continue.
His voice was hoarse when he said: “I am asking, because I trust you, Bones. With all I am. I can’t find words to tell you how much you mean to me. I ... don’t want to scare you, but...” She cut him off with her index finger on his lips.

“I trust you.” She whispered, looking in his deep brown eyes. She saw how hope flickered in them and a small smile curved his lips. He stared into her blue eyes and the passion and love he saw in his gaze made her stomach flutter.
His thumb skimmed over the soft skin of her cheek, the gentleness of his big strong hands surprising her. And when his head moved even closer, there was no doubt of what he was going to do.... and she did the only thing that made sense to her: She met him halfway for a gentle, loving kiss.

One kiss only, nothing more.... just enough to convey the depth of their feelings for each other.
He exhaled slowly after the kiss and his eyes still closed he gathered her closer in his arms, glad to be able to hold her. She leant against him, her head resting against his shoulder. And when they heard the last lines of the song they both had to smile.

It's a matter of trust
It's always been a matter of trust
It's a matter of trust

They trusted each other... even with their hearts. And that was how it should be.

a longer one again Wink hope you like it, reviews would be great!
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:38 am

very nice!

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:38 am

that one deserves a giant "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" I loved it!!!!

miller0259
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:39 am

ah thank you for your reviews....I hope I will be able to post something new soon....I am having writer's block!!!!

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next