Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK

+3
ToZiKa
CheeseBK
A2BOREANAZ
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK Empty Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:05 am

-----------------------ATTENTION---------------------------I decided to make this thread a one-shot collection.. it starts with a one-shot I wrote some time ago... I'll post other one-shots in here from now... the second one is up and it's called "Deal".

Author: CheeseBK
Title: Shivers...
Rating: K.... I think
Summary: fluff!!!!!!! that's all I have to say...
Pairing: B/B - what else

Now, people... can you believe that? I should update two other stories, but musie pestered me to write this instead.... I really hope to be able to write something for Lilac and The Collector soon....

Okay, now... hope you enjoy this... please let me know!

Temperance Brennan was tightly wrapped up in a blanket. She was fully clothed, with thick woollen socks and even a jacket, but nevertheless she was cold, colder than ever before or so it seemed.

She tried to warm her fingers with her breath, but did not really succeed. She tried to think of something to distract her from the cold surrounding her, but every time she started to concentrate on something the recent case came up in her mind.... and with the case also came – uninvited – the memory of how she had ended up in this hotel room, shivering.

She sighed. It had been this very morning when she had been standing in her very comfortable and warm lab, examining Civil War remains, when Booth had shown up, telling her they had a case. She had looked at him incredulously, reminding him of the blizzard and the freezing cold outside. She remembered the smile he had given her and that he had said: “Well, you better get packed, Bones, we’ll have to stay overnight and pack something warm.”

Finally he had driven her to her apartment, not trusting her car to handle the unbelievable amounts of snow. It had taken them 6 hours to get to the scene.... almost twice as long as the drive normally would take.

Finally she had been able to examine the remains of a woman in her late forties or early fifties. She found out that the woman had been alcoholic for years and that what had looked like a murder had been a tragic accident. The woman must have tripped, fallen down an a stone, which broke her skull and afterwards her body had rolled down a slope... where a hiker had found her. A hiker.... Brennan shook her head. ‘Who wants to go hiking in a freaking blizzard....’ she asked herself.

It had been of course too late to drive back to DC and so they had to stay, just as Booth had told her. When they had reached the only Motel in town the receptionist had informed them, that they only had one room free, because some people had been forced to stay because of the blizzard. So Booth and Brennan had to share a room. Fortunately it had been one with twin beds. Shortly after they had entered their room the receptionist had informed them – apologising at least twenty times – that the heating had just stopped to work, but they were trying to solve the problem.

That had been three hours ago and the temperature in the room had steadily decreased.

Now it was too damn cold to think and Brennan shivered on her bed, listening to the even breathing of her partner Seeley Booth. ‘How come men can sleep through something like that?’ She thought.

She tried to warm her hand by rubbing the palms over her thighs, but she did not even really feel the contact. She muttered a curse.

“Bones?” She suddenly heard the voice of Booth. “Mhm” She mumbled as an answer.

“Bones, are you okay?” She could hear that he was concerned. ‘Okay?’ She thought. ‘Yes, wonderful..... it’s freaking cold, and you ask if I am okay......’ Instead of voicing her thoughts she just said “I am fine.”
She heard a soft chuckle from Booth’s bed. “Bones, I can hear your teeth chatter. You are NOT fine. You are cold.”

“So what?” She snapped back ...... or she tried to sound snappish, but it all came out a bit odd with her teeth chattering.

“I can not let you freeze to death, now, can I? I am NOT going to explain that to Angela, no thanks. Come here, we can keep each other warm until the heating is repaired.” Booth told her.

Brennan looked doubtful at her partner... or at his silhouette, because that was everything she could make out in the dark room, which was only dimly lit by the neon sign outside.

“Now, come on, Bones.... I won’t bite, I promise.” He joked and she knew he was flashing her his charm smile.... ‘How can that smile work even when it’s too dark to see it?’ she wondered while reluctantly leaving her bed, still tightly wrapped up in her blanket.

She stumbled over to Booth’s bed, hardly feeling her feet. Booth lifted his blanket and motioned for her to crawl in. “Bones, hurry, you know it’s not getting warmer...” he told her and she finally lied down beside him.

She heard him gasp when her cold hand made contact with his bare arm. “My God, Bones.... your hands feel like ice.... You should have said something.” He took her hands in his and tried to warm them with his breath. “Take off your jacket.” Booth said.
“What?” she asked incredulously.

“We have to warm you up, Bones. The jacket will only shut out the warmth... now come on, Bones... be reasonable.” He explained. She gave in and fumbled with the zipper of her jacket, but her fingers were too cold and clumsy. “I can’t” she whispered embarrassed. “My hands... I can’t feel ...” She felt Booth’s warm hands replacing her own and he zipped the jacket open and helped her out of it. Immediately she felt the warmth of Booth’s body and with that she realised how cold she really was.

She shivered again and mumbled. “How can you wear only a T-shirt in that cold?”
“Men are better in compensating cold and don’t you dare to object now, Bones.... you are still shivering. Come closer.” He pulled her into an embrace and rubbed her back to help her warm up. “Is it getting better?” He whispered, his lips against her hair. She nodded. “A little”.

He stopped to stroke her back, but he still held her tightly in his arms. “Don’t do that again, Bones.” Booth said.

“What?” she asked confused. She had been thinking of how much she enjoyed being in his strong arms, as inappropriate as it was, but he could hardly be able to read her thoughts, now could he?

“Being too damn stubborn to ask for help.... you’d rather freeze to death in silence than let me help you. Don’t do that again!” he scolded her. She decided not to argue with him, or at least not now, it just felt too comfortable to feel the warmth replace the cold numbness in her limbs. “Okay.” She mumbled.

She could tell he was surprised that she had not started an argument, but he did not say anything. They stayed as they were, in a tight embrace, his chin resting against her hair.
After some time she felt warm again and she listened once again to the even breathing of her partner who seemed to have fallen asleep again. She shifted a bit and she felt his warm breath against her cheek. The sudden sensation of that sent a shiver down a spine and she suppressed a sigh.

“Are you still cold, Bones?” he whispered in her ear, his voice sounding a bit husky. “No” she answered truthfully. In fact, she now felt heat radiating through her body, his warm breath on her skin and the feeling of his strong arms around her made her heart beat quicken a bit.

“Booth.... I should.... I think I should go back to my bed.” She whispered, pulling back from him.

“No. It’s still too cold, you’ll just freeze again.” He gave back, releasing her from the embrace, but not letting her leave the bed.

“But...” she tried to say, but he covered her mouth with his hand. “Shhhh.” He whispered and she felt his thumb caressing her cheek. She closed her eyes and just enjoyed the feeling of his fingers lightly dancing over her face. She could not remember anyone had done something so sweet and gentle to her ever before. “Booth” she whispered.

“Mhm” she heard him respond. “Booth....” she cleared her throat. “Why are you doing this?”

She heard him sigh and after some time he answered “I am not trying to take advantage of the situation, if that’s what you mean.” He had stopped to caress her cheek, his fingers now resting on the pillow.

“I know.....I did not mean that.... I mean... Why are you always so concerned about my welfare?” she asked hesitantly.

He chuckled. “Because I am an overprotective alpha male.”

He heard her snort. “Don’t use my words against me, Booth...”

He grinned.
“But you know... it’s true. I know I am overprotective concerning the people I care about... just ask Parker.” He said after some time.

“People you care about?” she breathed.

“People I really care about.” He confirmed and she felt his fingers play with her hair. “I care about you, Bones. A lot.”

She was processing the information and thinking of an answer, when her thoughts were interrupted by a loud noise she could not identify. Whereas Booth seemed to be able to identify it immediately. “Sounds like the they repaired the heating.... It should be warm soon again.”

“Do..... do you want me to leave?” she asked hesitantly, her voice sounding uncertain and not typical for her.

“No.” He simply answered.

He heard her sigh in relief. “Good.... I .... don’t trust them to have repaired the heating, you know.” She added.

Hearing her explanation, he smiled softly. “Yeah, maybe I was wrong and it wasn’t the heating... We should try to sleep now, Bones.... it’s going to be a long drive tomorrow and the road will be all buried in snow.”

“Okay.” She mumbled and he felt how she relaxed a bit. Soon enough he heard that her breathing deepened and it seemed she had fallen asleep. He moved a bit closer to her, snaking one arm around her waist. He felt how she unconsciously snuggled closer and he smiled, simply enjoying the feeling to have her near him. He was not sure how she was going to react, when waking up in the morning, in his arms, but right at the moment he did not care.

He decided, that he would tell her everything about his feelings, not only drop hints like ‘I care about you, Bones. A lot.’ He just hoped she would not feel the need to flee.... but even if she tried, he was going to try to show her, that he was there for her and if it meant to drag her to another scene in the middle of a blizzard. “Cause all is fair in love and war.” He mumbled into her ear, placed a soft kiss on her hair and fell asleep soon afterwards.

Brennan woke when she felt his arm move around her waist and against all fears she moved closer to him, deciding to enjoy the moment and not think of tomorrow. She knew that waking up in one bed was going to be awkward, but lying in his arms felt too comfortable to leave the bed, even though she had noticed that the heating apparently was working again, since the room had warmed already. She tried to put aside all thoughts and willed herself back to sleep. One moment before her conscious mind slipped into the soft numbness of sleep she heard him whisper “Cause all is fair in love and war.” and she felt him kiss her head...she thought something like “oh”...... but then sleep took over.
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK Empty Re: Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:07 am

Awww...cheese...that was so cute Smile I hope you continue this!!! Please post more soon!

cariness
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK Empty Re: Shivers... and other one-shots!!! B&B, flangst,....Author: CheeseBK

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:08 am

thanks cari... i am not sure if I should continue it... maybe it's good just as it is.... i won't make a promise to continue Wink i still have two fanfics who are screaming for an update Wink

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:09 am

That was really really cute.
I would like to read the morning after at least.
Please post more soon.
ToZiKa
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:09 am

nice one

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:10 am

That was too cute. I think you could go either way on continuing this or not. It is great as a stand alone, but a chapter about the next morning would be good too.

bgwgscienceteacher
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:10 am

It's a really good story. and if you choose to continue or not I promise I will read the other stories you write because you are a really good author to my standerds. I think I spelled that last word wrong.

bones206
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:11 am

I like it.... I´m have some cold feet myself at the moment. What was his number....
I think you could stop here. Next chapter would be more complicated I guess..

nane
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:11 am

thank you all so much for you comments.... sorry for my late reply, but I have been on holiday

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:12 am

Oh now I am getting shivers. That was just so cute cheese. Ugh it was so well written!

glugg glugg whoohoo
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:13 am

This was really good, Cheese. I agree that you could leave it stand alone or have another chapter. If you decide to add another chapter I vote for them being snowed in and the heater breaking again. ;-)

saraluvzbonz
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:13 am

okay, people.... thank you so much for your reviews, thank you!!! but I decided to leave it as a one-shot....

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 am

CHEESE!! I LOVED IT!! Okay I know I said that on the FF site, but this story is just WAY too cute for words and I loved every darn one of them!! Oh it was perfect B/B!! Great job, you rock!! I'd leave it as a one shot too!! Great job!

Bella
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 am

I want to snuggle now. Where can I find my Booth? That was so sweet and subtle on the sexy, which just made my heart thud. Good job.

jerseybones
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:15 am

thank you for your comments, jersey, bella!!!

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 am

Hey people... .musie bugged me to write this down... it's a one-shot and from time to time there are going to be other one-shots...

This one is called "DEAL" and it's flangst.

"Deal"

Booth shook his head. He should have known, that Brennan would still be at the lab. After all she was the most stubborn woman he ever had encountered. As long as she had not found the solution to a problem, she kept on searching.

He suspected that their latest case was the reason why Brennan’s office was the only one still illuminated at 10:30 in the evening. He strolled towards the light and frowned when he heard something in the distance. Steps? He paused for a moment and listened into the dark, but there was no sound. Maybe his tired mind already started imagining things. He shook the thoughts off and continued to walk towards Brennan’s office.

“Hey Bones, how come you are still...” The words died on his lips. There was no Bones to talk to. He frowned, and let his gaze wander over her desk. It was a mess, not quite how Brennan normally kept it. Papers were everywhere, even on the floor. He swallowed hard. Something was not right. A cold numbness threatened to settle in his limbs, but his training took over, fighting the urge to tremble, fighting the hard lump that formed in his throat. He drew his gun, then slowly moved inside the office, closing the door behind him. In case there had been an intruder and he decided to come back, he would not be able to simply sneak up on him.

Then Booth’s eyes fixed on a pile of papers on the floor beside the desk... or on the object beside them. A shoe.
Slowly he moved around the desk and inhaled sharply in shock at the sight before him. She was lying behind her desk, obviously unconscious, a smear of blood visible near her head. On the floor he saw a big wooden statue, most likely the thing had been used to attack her.

His eyes took in the scene before him in a blink, then knelt beside her, placing the gun on the floor. “Bones, God, please be alright” He whispered in a hoarse voice, frantically searching for a pulse. Relief washed over him, when he found her heart beating steadily, her breathing even.
His hands started to tremble, but he fought down the urge to shake her until she started to speak. He had to be careful... after all she obviously had a wound on the backside of her head.

He flipped his mobile phone open and called the FBI, reporting an attack on his partner Dr. Temperance Brennan at the Jeffersonian Institute, instructing them to make sure an ambulance was on the way. He closed the phone and stuffed it back in his pocket, his eyes all the time fixed on the pale face of his partner.

Gently he touched her cheek and murmured. “Oh, Bones..... Temperance, please be alright.” He felt her stir and froze, his fingertips still touching the soft skin of her face. She moaned and it sounded both weak and full of pain. He cleared his throat and whispered. “Temperance, shhhh, take it easy.... I am here, okay?”

Booth’s fingers continued to caress her cheek, while he talked to her. After a minute, her eyelids fluttered and opened. He was relieved to see the crystal blue orbs fix on him, the expression of confusion quickly fading and giving way to recognition. “Hey, Bones.” He said, trying to smile.

“Booth.” She whispered, barely audible. She blinked once, then her face turned into a grimace of pain. “My head...”

Booth said: “I know... Somebody knocked you down. I think with the wooden statue you keep on your board...”

“African fertility statue” She whispered, blinking again.
“Huh?” Confused he looked down at her, briefly wondering why on earth she would have anything like that.

“It was a present.... Kenia.” Brennan explained. She tried to move, but Booth’s hand stopped her. “Are you sure this is a good idea, Bones? An ambulance is on the way...”

“I can sit up...” She insisted and he gave in, knowing that she was too stubborn to argue with her. Booth helped her to sit up and lean against the desk. “Ouch” She hissed in pain, when her hand touched the back of her head. She looked at the bloodied fingertips and briefly closed her eyes. “How late is it?” She asked.

“10:35” Booth answered, watching her every move, ready to support her if she needed it.
She sighed. “Last thing I recall is that I was researching ...” She stopped for a moment, when a wave of nausea hit her. “...researching slaughter houses on the internet....at about ten.. I found a pattern on the skull, there should be a drawing on the desk.” She seemed to be a little exhausted after the long speech and sighed.
Booth shook his head. “I think somebody went through your things, Bones... everything is messed up.”

Brennan’s eyes widened, only now noticing the papers that were scattered everywhere. “We have to see what’s missing.” She said, reaching for a pile of papers.

“Later, Bones. First we have to get you to the hospital.” Booth touched her hand.

“No... we have to look.... if it has something to do with the case we’re working on.” Brennan moved, trying to get up.

“Don’t move, Bones. This is a crime scene.... we can’t just wander around, collecting papers or we will destroy evidence.” Booth warned her.

She shook her head, immediately regretting the movement as waves of pain shot through her head. “He wore gloves and a black mask.... I remember.... I saw his reflection in the glass a second before he knocked me out.”

Booth swore. “You recall anything else?”

“He’s about your height... but... then he knocked me out.... I don’t know anything else.” Brennan sighed, trying to ignore the pain that radiated from the back of her head.

“Okay... since he wore gloves there are no fingerprints anyway. But you are still not walking around now. I’ll get the papers and you can go through them, see if something’s missing.” Booth rose, carefully collecting the papers and brought them to her. “Bones..... I think he poured your tea over your laptop.....”

She sighed, then quickly skimmed through the pages. “Those are all?” She asked and Booth nodded. “Everything related to the case we’ve been working on is missing, Booth.” Booth clenched his fists. “And he ruined your laptop.”

“It does not matter” Brennan said, her voice steadier now, as if she was already regaining strength. “All I type is stored on my laptop and at the Jeffersonian network. I doubt he knew that.”

Booth exhaled in relief. “Good....” Brennan stirred, trying to get up.
“Bones... stay. The ambulance will be here any moment. They’ll take you to the hospital and I will take care of this here.”

Her eyes narrowed, “I don’t need to go to the hospital.” She objected.
“Yes, you do.” He gave back.
“No!” She refused, her blue eyes shooting daggers.

“Bones. You. Will. Got that?” He simply stated.

“You have no right to tell me what to do.” She snapped. “The paramedics can clean the wound and then I will make sure if the network is okay.”

“Somebody else can do that, Bones. You are going to the hospital. You’ve got a bleeding wound on the back of your head.” Booth gave back, his patience slowly waning.

“I guess I know more about these kind of things, Booth. That it’s bleeding only means that the swelling will not get that big. I am not going to the hospital.” She stated, her arms crossed defensively in front of her chest.

Booth looked at her and incredulously shook his head. “You ought to know better.”

“What are you talking about?” She asked, her voice still full of anger about his alpha-male-tendencies.

Booth sighed. “How did Maria Duarte die?” He asked, referring to a case back in the first year they had worked together.

“What has this to do with the current situation, Booth?” Brennan exclaimed.

“Answer the question.” He urged her.

She sighed, thought for a moment then slowly answered. “Subdural hematoma after a head trauma, caused by a blunt object. The bed post of the gouvernour’s son.”

“Right.” Booth answered, looking smug.

“And?” She asked, clearly not connecting the dots.

“Bones! How would you define what happened to you?” Booth rolled his eyes at her apparent ignorance.

“I was attacked. Head trauma. I was beat with a blunt object.........oh.” She stopped talking, suddenly frowning.

“Yeah, oh.” Booth shook his head. “Would you know it if you had that.... hematoma?”

She frowned again. “No.” She admitted hesitantly.

“Would they be able to detect it at the hospital?” Booth asked.

“With a CT scanning..... usually.....yes.” Brennan gave back.

“There you go. You’re going to the hospital.” Booth told her.

She opened her mouth, but did not say anything. She watched him for a moment, a thoughtful expression on her face. “Thank you.” She suddenly blurted out.

“What?” Booth gasped, almost shocked.

“I did not think of possible consequences.... You did. Thank you.” Brennan said, seriously.

Booth looked at her for a moment, then he grinned. “You thank me? He sure must have hit you hard.”

“Oh, shut up.” She murmed, but smiled too. After all, it was good to know he cared that much about her. Brennan was pretty sure, the head wound was not that bad, but he was right, it was better to go to the hospital, make a CT scan.

When they heard sirens coming nearer, she sighed. “But you keep me informed.”

“I keep you informed on the case if you keep me informed on this.” He pointed towards her injured head. “Deal?” He winked at her, relieved she finally listened to reason.

“Deal.” She agreed and smiled.

please let me know, if you liked it!!! thanks
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 am

Oooookay, here is the next one-shot.... I wrote it some time ago, but never posted it anywhere, it needed some editing.... hope you like it.

"Peachy"

Temperance Brennan swore. She used words, that would have made a sailor blush. In fact, she more or less felt like a sailor. She was soaked to the skin, her wet clothes like a heavy weight. She knew her shoes were ruined from the water, but that was not her biggest problem.

Her biggest problem was, that her car had stopped. The motor had started to sputter and now it was standing in the middle of nowhere and refused to work. She had tried to restart it several times, but all she got back were strange sounds.... sounds that did not encourage her at all. ‘Fine’ she had thought ‘I’ll just call the automobile association.’ Which would have been a good idea. But her cell phone did not get any reception.

She had been sitting in her car for fifteen minutes, waiting for somebody to drive by, but nobody came. And when she thought about it, she had to admit, it was not a big surprise. The way to the prison was not exactly a highly frequented road. Especially not in the evening and not in this weather.

Who would be crazy enough to drive around in a freaking thunderstorm? Well, obviously, only famous best-selling authors and forensic anthropologists. Since there were not many of them around, it left only her. Alone. In the rain.

She muttered another curse. She had been on her way home from the prison, from a visit to her father Booth had arranged. Normally prisoners were not allowed to have visitors on Mondays, but Booth had pulled some strings and Brennan had been allowed to visit Max Keenan on his birthday. She had spent an hour with him, playing cards and recalling things from her childhood. It had been nice.... or as nice as it could get in jail.

At least it had been warm there... and dry. Her mood was dark, matching with the blackness of the night around her. Wrapping her soaked coat tighter around herself, she staggered forward. She had at least another mile to walk until she would reach the prison, which was nothing more than an optimistic guess.

The dim light of the small flashlight she had found in her care flickered a little and she rolled her eyes. Life’s irony. Now the battery of the damned flashlight was going to die. She should have known it.

She shuddered, the cold, wet clothes offered no insulation against the chill of the night and the rain that poured down on her ran down her face, into her eyes, blurring her vision. She raised a cold and clammy hand and tried to wipe the drops away, but they kept coming.

Sighing she glanced at her mobile phone, trying to shield it against the rain. Still no reception. Well, wasn’t this just peachy?

Peachy... she wondered, while walking through the night, why would you say peachy? Booth had used the word and Angela too, and the context in which they had used the it had led her to believe it meant: great, good. But why associate something good with a fruit? She made a mental note to search for the meaning.

But first she had to get out of her not-so-peachy situation. She shivered again,.... she knew it was not really getting colder every single minute. But that was how it felt.

When she suddenly heard a sound behind her, she first thought she had imagined it. But it became louder and when she turned around, she saw headlights coming nearer. She sighed in relief and waved her flashlight. The battery was low, but hopefully there was still enough left to catch the driver’s attention.

When the car came nearer, she frowned. Somehow the form of the headlights looked familiar. But many cars looked similar to her eyes. She waved her flashlight frantically, hoping the driver would pity her enough to take her to the prison. Odd thought, it occurred to her.

When the car stopped beside her, she yanked the door open and hopped in, prepared to meet some stranger’s inquiring gaze.

Instead she stared into the face of her partner, Seeley Booth, who seemed to be very concerned, but not surprised to see her.

“Bones,... are you alright?” He asked, his eyes darting over her face, taking in her miserable soaked state.

“Booth.... what are you doing here?” She asked, completely taken aback by his presence.

“Are you alright?” He asked, ignoring her question. “I found your car back there...”

“I am okay. Just cold and ....” Even as she uttered the words, she noticed how cold she really was and she started to shiver even more, causing her teeth to chatter.

“Bones.....” He shot her a concerned look, then reached behind her seat and handed her a blanket. “Here...... Remove the coat, then wrap yourself in the blanket. I’ll turn the heating on maximum....”

He helped her get out of her coat and into the blanket, then rubbed her back and her arms until he felt her calm a bit.

“Better?” He asked, concern still audible in his voice.

She nodded, then looked up at him. “What are you doing here? I mean....... thank you.... but why are you here?” He started his car and turned on the narrow road.
Then he gave her a wry smile. “I wanted to ask you how it went... Meeting your Dad. You did not answer your phone at home and when I tried your cell phone, it said you were out of service.... Then I called the prison, they told me you left at 8.... I was worried.”

She snuggled into the blanket and nodded. “My car just sputtered and went out... and refused to start again.”

Suddenly Booth grinned. “Yeah...I know.... you are out of fuel, Bones.”

“What?” She snorted in exasperation and disbelief. “I am not.”

He chuckled. “I found your car and checked it, Bones. You forgot to fill the tank. Oh, this is just too funny..... you’re a freaking genius, but you forgot to refuel.” He grinned and when he looked again at his partner, he had to laugh out loud. God, she was pouting.

“I did not forget to...” “Face the truth, Bones. You did....” He interrupted her, still chuckling.
“Well, let’s get you to your apartment... you need to change out of these wet clothes.... and we have to call somebody to get your car.”

She grumbled a bit, but nodded.

“You know...” he grinned, looking at her again. “You look really cute... a bit like a drowned cat.”

Her eyes narrowed. “Booth!” She exclaimed, looking embarrassed.

“What?” He smiled. “Hey, I drove out to search for you in a freaking thunderstorm... I can at least make a joke. Cut me some slack, will you?”

She sighed and rolled her eyes, but nodded. “Thank you, Booth.”

“That’s better.” He looked at her again, relieved beyond words that he had found her, unharmed, just soaked and cranky. That he could deal with. He turned on the radio and smiled when he heard what song was playing. ‘Keep on trying by Poco.... nice coincidence’ He thought.

“Soooo, Bones. How is your dad?” He asked after stealing a side glance at his partner, who was staring out of the window.

“Peachy.” She gave back and he looked at her incredulously. “Peachy?” He asked.

“Yeah.... peachy.” She grinned, recalling the orange overall her father had to wear.

“Okay.” Booth accepted her answer, as cryptical as it had been and they drove home in silence.

please let me know what you think!
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:17 am

I like both of them Smile

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:18 am

Okay, here's another one-shot... utter nonsense, just for fun Wink

enjoy

First day…

Booth strode into the Jeffersonian, another agent in tow. When he entered the lab, he looked around, but didn’t find the person he was looking for. When he finally spotted Zach on his way to Angela’s office, he yelled: “Hey, genius junior! You've seen Bones?”

Zach jumped at his voice and quickly spun around, a skull in his hand. “Agent Booth. What?”

“Bones, Zach. I am looking for Bones.” Booth said, not very patient.

The agent behind him gestured towards the young doctor on the platform. “He has bones, maybe those you’re searching for .......”

Booth turned around, the look on his face stating, that he felt like being surrounded by idiots. He held up a hand, effectively stopping the younger agent. “Shut up, Meyers.”

“You’ve seen her?” Booth asked Zach, but the young doctor shook his head.
The FBI agent looked around again, then shrugged. “Bones!” Booth yelled.

“Booth, I am not deaf.... not yet anyway.... though you might change that with your shouting.” A female voice answered from the platform.

“Yeah, whatever....” Booth mumbled, then he swiped his card to enter the platform, followed by the other agent.

“Bones, this is......” Booth started to introduce his colleague, but stopped when he saw nobody on the platform, except a skull and a few smaller bones on a examination table.

“Bones? Where are you?” He looked around confused.

“Here.” Her voice came from in front of them, but there was only the examination table.

The younger agent nervously glanced at the remains on the table and shifted uncomfortably.

“Geez, what are you doing there?” Booth asked, knowing she had to be crouching behind the table. He started to bend over the table, but was stopped when she said. “Don’t bend over the table.”

Agent Meyers swallowed hard, cold sweat covering his forehead.

Booth rolled his eyes. “Okay, okay .... I won’t bend over the table. So.... what the hell are you doing, Bones?”

“What does it look like?” She gave back.

“Uhm.... I don’t know..... it’s not like I am seeing much of you.” Booth gave back, impatiently tapping his fingers on the table.

“Don’t touch my table!” Her voice snapped and he quickly removed his hand.

Agent Meyers’ face paled even more.

“I want to introduce you to somebody, Bones..... “ Booth started, glancing at Agent Meyers, who was standing beside him. When he saw how the younger agent stared at the skull in front of him, his face pale, hand shaking and his forehead covered in cold sweat, he grinned.

“You know, Meyers, you have to get tougher if you really want to work in the homicide division.” Booth said in a low and confidental tone.

The young agent nodded, unable to utter a single word.

“Oh, you brought a colleague?” Brennan asked, sounding only mildly interested.

“Yeah, Cullen assigned him to me, for training.... Bones, what ARE you doing here.... Is this how you spend your lunch brakes now?” Booth asked, wondering what the hell she was doing behind the table all that time.

“Booth.... I am working, you know!” Brennan gave back.

“You sure? Doesn’t look like it. What do you think Meyers?” Booth smiled at the agent.

Meyers swayed.

“Hell, what’s wrong with you? Never seen a skull before? You know there are gorier things waiting for you, don’t you?” Booth asked the pale young man, who seemed barely able to keep himself on his feet.

“Booth, you know very well some people react like this, when they see human remains.” Brennan commented.

“He better get used to it soon. He looks like he’s seen a ghost.” Booth gave back, eyeing the young agent suspiciously. “If you have to puke, go away. Bones hates ‘contamination’“

“This has nothing to do what I like or dislike, Booth. We have to make sure that nothing alters or influences our findings.” Brennan gave back, her voice indicating she was annoyed.

“Blah, blah. Could we talk about the case we have?” Booth grumbled, impatience winning over once more.

“Wait a moment...” She gave back.

Agent Meyers’ face had a sickly, greenish colour and Booth watched him suspicously. “You’re not going to puke, are you? God, what did Cullen think, sending me such a kid?”

Meyers did not protest, but he did not vomit either. He just stood there, wide-eyed, staring at the skull on the table.

“Ahhh, I think I’ve got it....” Brennan said.

“Got what?” Booth asked.

When the table suddenly moved and caused the skull to roll to one side, Meyers stepped back and grabbed Booth’s arm in panic.

“Jeez, kid, get a grip, but not on ME!” Booth plucked the younger agents hand off his arm and shook his head.

“Your skull moved, Bones.” Booth commented.

“I thought so. Shit. The table was not supposed to move... I.... ahhhhh” Brennan sounded pleased and suddenly the light beneath the milky white surface of the table flickered.

Agent Meyers took another step back. “Watch where you’re going, kid.” Booth told him, gesturing towards the steps behind the agent.

Meyers nodded ....... and jumped back another step when suddenly Brennan’s head appeared behind the examination table. “Somebody messed with the wiring.” She said.

Booth grabbed the younger agents’ jacket, holding him before he could fall down the steps. “You want to get yourself killed on your first day?” He yanked him back. Brennan watched them in amusement.

Meyers shook his head and his gaze went from Booth to Brennan and back to Booth. “Bones?” he choked out.

Brennan lifted one eyebrow. “Dr. Brennan to you. It’s enough Booth calls me that. You really look a bit sick.... you’re sure you’re okay?”

Agent Meyers smiled sheepishly and stepped back towards the examination table.
“Fine, everything’s fine. I am Agent Meyers.” He offered her his hand over the examination table.

“Don’t bend over my table!” She bellowed, giving him a death glare.

Booth chuckled. “You DO want to get yourself killed on your first day.”

let me know what you think!!!
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 am

Oh my, that was [g]hysterical[/g]!!!!!!!!! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] Poor boy, it should seem spooky to him... *ggg*

mereva
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:20 am

thanks mereva Wink I had fun writing it Wink just a nonsensical scene that bugged me Wink

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:20 am

LOL I love it!

dbangelfan
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:21 am

I really think he does want to get killed on his first day!

bones206
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:21 am

DBangelfan, bones206
thank you so much for your messages Wink
glad you liked it!

cheesebk
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:22 am

Hey sweeties! Here is another one-shot.... hope you like it!

Risk...

„What is it?“ Booth sighed, stealing a side glance towards his partner, Temperance Brennan, who was seated in the passenger seat beside him.

“What is what?” She asked, her voice distanced.

“Bones... I can tell something is bothering you. You are frowning.... you are not speaking to me and every once in a while you are making those not-so-involuntary sighs. And you are giving me those death glares all the time.” He explained, trying to sound patient.

“Aren’t you supposed to watch the road?” She snapped, her voice full with held back anger.

“I am.... but I still notice that you are practically baiting me to ask what’s wrong. So, I bite... What’s wrong?” Booth asked again, his patience slowly fading.

“Nothing.” She said, her voice making clear that she was not telling the truth.

“Bones, stop lying to me. I can practically smell it.” Booth shook his head.

“It is impossible to smell a lie.” Brennan felt obliged to correct him.

“Fine. No smelling. But I know you are upset.... Would you please tell me why?” The FBI agent asked, his voice agitated.

“You let him get away!” Brennan choked out, infuriated.

“I did NOT let him get away, Bones.” Booth corrected, giving her an unbelieving side-glance. “What are you talking about?”

“You did! You could have shot him. Now he is who knows where and may kill another woman.” Brennan accused him, her voice growing louder.

“Are you insane? He held you at gun point, Bones.” Booth stated, shaking his head again.

“You still could have shot him.” Brennan pointed out, stubbornly clenching her teeth.

“Maybe I would have done that.... but the fact that you two were standing in front of a barrel with the words “Inflammable liquid” painted on it was a clue not to do it.” Booth pressed through gritted teeth, all his patience leaving him.

“You wouldn’t have missed him, you hardly ever miss. You could have shot him between the eyes.” Brennan gave back.

“Gee, thanks for your faith in my abilities, Bones, but HARDLY ever is still too much of a risk. Besides the bullet may have gone through him and still hit that barrel.” Booth stated.

“I don’t think so... A bullet seldom makes it through the skull.” Brennan informed him.

“Still...... it could have happened. I did not want to take that risk, Bones.” Booth explained, trying to calm down.

“And.... the barrel was empty anyway.” Brennan started again.

“Yeah, we know that NOW. I did not know it back then, in the moment I had to make the decision. I had to believe it was full with something that could have exploded.” Booth sighed, her stubbornness was wearing him out.
He still felt the fear that had soared through him when the suspect had suddenly had her, holding her at gunpoint. They had been searching for him at a junk yard. If he thought about it now, it had been very unlikely that the barrels still were filled with a hazardous liquid. But he had had to make his decision in less than a minute. As if there had been a decision, with Bones held at gun point. What else should he have done that going for the safest option?

“You still should have taken the risk.” Brennan repeated.

“No. It was my decision, and I did not want to put you in any more danger. I think being held at gun point by a lunatic qualifies as enough danger for one day.” Booth explained.

“But he escaped. He killed three women and now he might be able to kill more. It would have been better to just take the risk and kill him.” The forensic anthropologist objected.

“God.... You are unbelievable. You think I am happy he escaped? I am not! But do you really think I could sacrifice you just like that?” Booth looked at her incredulously.

“I knew the risks when I started working with you.” She gave back.

“You just don’t want to understand it, do you? You know what.... it’s not my problem you obviously don’t value your life very highly. But I do! You think I could live with myself, knowing it was my fault you got hurt or even killed?” Booth was yelling now and he stared at her, his eyes darkened with anger and emotion.

She swallowed hard upon hearing the words he had uttered with an enraged voice and her throat was dry when she said. “You better keep your eyes on the road.”

He glanced at the rear view mirror and when he saw that nobody was behind them, he slammed the brakes, stopping the car right in the middle of the road.

“What are you doing?” She cried out, watching him incredulously.

“We are going to talk this out. Now.” Booth answered, his intent gaze on her.

“What is there to talk about? I say you should have taken the risk, you disagree.” She stated.

“Disagree.” He shook his head. So, that was how she summed it up. His fear for her life, how his heart nearly had stopped beating.

His dark brown eyes fixed on hers and with a grave voice he asked. “Do you want to die?”

Brennan’s blue eyes widened in horror. “No!” She gasped.

“Then, tell me.... why do you think it would have been a good idea to fire my gun?” Booth asked, his voice husky and raw with the emotions he was holding back.

“I.... I just think it would have been worth the risk. You could have shot him... he killed three women, Booth. Brutally... he tortured them.” She said, recalling the gruesome details of the injuries the bodies she had examined had literally been covered with.

“I know that, Bones. But, don’t you understand? I would have felt guilty... no matter if you had told me to shoot him a thousand times... I could have never done it, okay?” He sighed, his hand passing through his hair, leaving it a bit dishevelled.

“Is this because we are friends? Could you have done it if we had just started our partnership? When we did not know each other?” Brennan inquired curiously.

“No... you just don’t get it, Bones. And if it would have been the first day in our partnership.... and if it would have been somebody I do not even like.... I could not pull the trigger. I am not God, Bones... I don’t get to make those decisions. Isn’t it enough I already killed so many people in my life? Do you really want me to bear the guilt of your death, too?”
In the middle of his speech, Booth had averted his gaze, but Brennan was able to hear the emotion in his voice. It startled her to see him like this..... and somehow sobered her, all her anger gone, giving place to shame.

“Booth...” She whispered, reaching for him, placing her hand on his arm.

“I could not sacrifice anybody like that, Bones.... But especially not you....” His voice was barely more than a whisper now and he stared out of the window, avoiding her.

“Booth.... I am so sorry, Booth. I did not.... I did not understand.” She said, tugging at his sleeve, a pleading tone in her voice when she asked: “Please, look at me.”

Booth sighed and looked at her, not even trying to mask the tears in his eyes. She was not surprised to see them, she had heard them in his voice already.
“Don’t ever tell me to intentionally risk your life, Bones. It would kill me... kill what’s left of me.” He said, his voice somehow flat and hopeless.

Tears threatened to fall from her eyes too, when she answered: “Booth... I ... did not mean it like that. I did not .... I don’t want to die and I would never want you to feel guilty about it. Never. Please, believe me.”

He looked away again, nodding slowly. After a moment he cleared his throat and murmured: “I guess we should get going.... we have a killer on the run.”

Brennan bit her lip and nodded, but before he could turn the key in the ignition, she tightened her grip on his arm. “Booth... what did you mean... when you said especially not me?”

Booth sighed again. “You, Bones.... you mean a lot to me. I thought you knew that.” He said, still not looking at her.

She drew in a deep breath and swallowed hard before answering. “You mean a lot to me too, Booth. I... am sorry.... I just want you to know, I could not have done it, either.”

A smile tugged on his lips, upon hearing her words. “I know, Bones.”

“You... what? You know what?” She asked, confused, not knowing what part of what she had just said he was referring to.

“I know you couldn’t have done it. You are a good person, Bones. You are quick at risking your own life, but you would not sacrifice anybody else.” Booth explained gently, looking into her startling blue eyes.

“Oh.... you think I am good person?” She asked, stunned.

He smiled again and nodded. “I know it.”

She smiled back. “Thank you. You are a good person too, Booth. You... know that, right?” She asked, looking at him with worry in her eyes.

“I am working on it, Bones.” He gave back and sighed. “We’re good?”

She nodded, removing her hand from his arm. “Yeah... we’re good.”

“Okay.” Booth said, starting the car again.
And they spent the drive back lost in their thoughts, recalling the words they had spoken, recalling that they both had admitted that they meant a lot to each other, that they cared about each other.

And why shouldn’t they? They were partners after all.

please let me know what you think! did you like it?
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next