Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go Brennan!!

+11
tinkrella
mommahurley
SnoopGirl
AMarty
jro54
Zygomatic
elyon
bonesparticulat
katharine
Blue_Ink
anthropologystudent
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Go Brennan!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Go Brennan!!

Post by DoctorB Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Mommahurley... I totally agree with you about Booth coming off insensitive and smug. TBH, I don't want him to be with Brennan when he's like this. I love the Booth whose cocky but in tune with the feelings of the people he cares about, I don't really see him as the kind of guy who would shove Brennan's face in the fact he's moved on, in love with someone else and doesn't care about her anymore. I know the fact he's trying so hard to make everything appear good only proves he knows deep down that he doesn't love Hannah like he loves Brennan but it's just turning me off his character, which is not something I ever thought I'd say.

I love Booth and I hope the writers can fix his character and his relationship with Brennan. That none of them can see the coldness he's showing towards Brennan concerns me and makes me worried that they can't salvage it in a way that will be believable to the audience.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:36 pm

I agree with what both of you are saying. Not loving Booth at the moment, the way his character acts is just plain distant. Ive said this in other treats before but if you have to shove this omg Im soooo in love thing in the face of the one you cant have. Or if you keep telling people it, it just seems fake and Sweets IMO is seeing that.

On some level I can understand that Booth needs a bit of space with Brennan, but to start ignoring the squints and being mean to Brennan not even looking at her goes a bit far. I really hope that the writers are able to fix this, because with the way the relationship stands I would not even want the guy in the end anymore simply because he ignored me. Something even though Brennan really isnt in touch with her emotions she never did.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:51 pm

DoctorB wrote:Mommahurley... I totally agree with you about Booth coming off insensitive and smug. TBH, I don't want him to be with Brennan when he's like this. I love the Booth whose cocky but in tune with the feelings of the people he cares about, I don't really see him as the kind of guy who would shove Brennan's face in the fact he's moved on, in love with someone else and doesn't care about her anymore. I know the fact he's trying so hard to make everything appear good only proves he knows deep down that he doesn't love Hannah like he loves Brennan but it's just turning me off his character, which is not something I ever thought I'd say.

I love Booth and I hope the writers can fix his character and his relationship with Brennan. That none of them can see the coldness he's showing towards Brennan concerns me and makes me worried that they can't salvage it in a way that will be believable to the audience.

That's what concerns me too, if HH can't see how Booth is coming off towards Bones right now then that's seriously worrying in terms of how they are going to evolve this story out with H/B&B. I can see it so clearly and others can so why can't he?

And I'm totally with you and the previous poster about not liking Booth as he is currently being portrayed in the way he is acting, not just around Bones (but okay it's primarily with her) but just generally. It's like he's had a total character transplant from the Booth I loved before. Old Booth 'OB' was careful of not hurting Bones feelings, reticent about talking to people about sex, certainly no talk about fig trees Rolling Eyes or, no PDA's in the office, he was observant about everything Bones said and reacted accordingly, he was classy and kick ass a stand up guy and he had warmth. This new Booth 'NB' comes off as arrogant, at times smug, uncaring, unobservant, he ignores Bones frequently, shows annoyance towards her and is basically pushing his great sex life and 'love' of Hannah in Bones face 24/7.

He should remember Bones didn't say she didn't love him in that 100th episode, she said she wanted to protect him - big difference. He's acting towards her like a guy on a mission to ensure she suffers for this and although I understand he's hurt by that rejection - the OB would not be behaving like this. I know have to keep reminding myself this is NB as I watch each new episode this season as him acting like an insensitive jerk is the norm now.

Very sad, because it's basically born of sloppy writing making a character do something that is not organic to his personality and the relationship he had with Bones which was carefully built up for 5 years - and that annoys me. Mad

Booth is what 40? And the way he's acting with Hannah is just embarrassing, it's not sexy or heart warming - she is presumably quite a bit younger than him (she acts that way) and they just come off like a couple of immature high school kids in the first throws of passion. And because of this, I just don't buy into their relationship one bit, it just comes off as silly and forced.

If B&B ever do get together I sure as hell hope that we get OB back because this NB is just embarrassing to watch at times. If I were Bones, looking at his behaviour right now I would be starting to think 'phew! lucky escape there, guy isn't worth loving...' I don't like how he's being played by DB and I hope that he gets given a change of direction pretty damn quick.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Things are getting off topic here.
This is a GO BRENNAN thread so let's keep it to talk about Brennan.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:24 am

I am really excited to see how Brennan acts in episode 3! All of the promos just kill me I can't help but laugh at her.
I also have to say I know a lot of people have been talking about what she has been wearing lately I think she looks kinda hot in this episode in the promos you see her in Skinny Jeans with Knee High Boots and a almost tight button down. She looks really pretty and I am loving her hair
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2