Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List of things King RM (AKA, Robert the Evil) Won't be doing anymore...

+4
ToZiKa
flyersfan35
DBCrazy
THX1138
8 posters

Go down

List of things King RM (AKA, Robert the Evil) Won't be doing anymore... Empty List of things King RM (AKA, Robert the Evil) Won't be doing anymore...

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:23 am

Since I seem to have the innate ability to piss people off just by being me, I decided, purely in the interests of harmony here at the ABY and because I'm a moderator here as well, that I'd compile a list of things I won't be doing anymore.

Here's the first:

1. Since I cannot play nice with others, I will not visit the Word Association Game thread anymore.
  2. I'm a moderator now so I should probably start thinking before I act.
  3. I could maybe try and not be so self centered and arrogant. Maybe.
  4. I won't always assume my Queen knows best. She usually does but, man when she's wrong...

This is just the start, mind you, suggestions are welcomed. No guarantees that I'll follow them, but they ARE welcomed. I'll update THIS post with new additions as I see fit to adopt them. Thanks for playing.

king RM

Last edited by THX1138 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:40 am; edited 3 times in total
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

List of things King RM (AKA, Robert the Evil) Won't be doing anymore... Empty Re: List of things King RM (AKA, Robert the Evil) Won't be doing anymore...

Post by DBCrazy Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:57 am

OMGoodness! What have you done now?

*tromps off to the nice new thread, thanks to Mr G, to take a look!*
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

List of things King RM (AKA, Robert the Evil) Won't be doing anymore... Empty Re: List of things King RM (AKA, Robert the Evil) Won't be doing anymore...

Post by DBCrazy Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:01 am

LOL!

I was expecting to find something like "skip to the loo" or something like that. I should've known. *wags head*
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:59 am

You know, I don't think it's the fact that you posted there, but the fact that the very first time you did post, you deliberately picked something that you know would piss some people off. As moderator, you should know how high tensions are running right now, and you should have exercised better judgment. Just my opinion.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:10 am

seriously this is how you react to being criticized?
Okay
I'm sorry, I wouldn't wanna stop you from making a fool of yourself

There are people all around (including me) who try to stay out of your way, but that doesn't mean that you have to make it look like you are the poor martyr who had to give up his freedom of speech
(and please spare me with the details about martyrs in the past I can read wikipedia too, thank you very much)

I don't want you to stop talking or to only talk in certain threads but I want you to try to be respectful.
You are deliberately trying to cause as much fuss as somehow possible around yourself and I get that you need that but try not to make everyone suffer because of it next time.

It was simply unnecessary to rub our noses in your ridiculous hate for HH once again without it having to do anything with the topic at all.

I don't want you to stop talking but growing up and getting rid of the egotism at least while you're on here would be nice.

Now you can have me kicked out if it makes you feel better.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:34 am

flyersfan35 wrote:You know, I don't think it's the fact that you posted there, but the fact that the very first time you did post, you deliberately picked something that you know would piss some people off. As moderator, you should know how high tensions are running right now, and you should have exercised better judgment. Just my opinion.
Fly

First, it wasn't the very first time I'd posted there but whatever, that's not really that important. The fact is I posted "Hart" because I knew it was going to stir up a hornet's nest, but I honestly didn't think it was going to be such a huge deal. The intention was for some tongue in cheek humor and my feeling at the time was, well, honestly it's pretty obvious that folks around here are so wound up that I just felt like we needed something to break the tension.

Should I have exercised better judgment on that one, in retrospect I'll say yes, but at the time? I honestly thought it'd get laughs, not what I consider to be an over the top reaction from someone I consider a friend. Did I miss the mark? Oh yeah. Am I honestly sorry? Yes. Is this thread going away? No. You know why? Because I DO seem to have an innate ability piss people off just by being me, can't help it it's who I am. So why this thread? Because I'm being serious, if I do something that really ticks you off or gets under your skin post it here. I'll look at it and, if I think it's a behavior I'm amenable to changing, I'll add it to my list and make every effort to change.

Look at this like a opportunity to provide feedback on me, feedback that I promise I'll give real and meaningful consideration to before deciding whether or not to adopt and internalize it or just blow it off. I mean, how many times have you had someone say "Look, I know sometimes I tick you off well why not provide me a list of ways I do that and, in the interest of our relationship I'm willing to consider changing."?

Anyway, that's all I've got to say about that. Oh, and you're right - as a moderator I need to use better judgment so I'll be adding that to my list.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:55 am

ToZ wrote:seriously this is how you react to being criticized?
No hon, this is how I react when I think folks over-react or become melodramatic. Saying you're going to have to abandon a thread because I posted something controversial one time is both being melodramatic and over-reacting. That said, I'm being serious. Something I do bothers you, post it here and I promise to give it real consideration before I decide to add it to the list or not.

Okay
I'm sorry, I wouldn't wanna stop you from making a fool of yourself
Oh please ToZ, no one can stop me from making a fool of myself. Wait, that didn't come out quite right...

There are people all around (including me) who try to stay out of your way, but that doesn't mean that you have to make it look like you are the poor martyr who had to give up his freedom of speech
(and please spare me with the details about martyrs in the past I can read wikipedia too, thank you very much)
You know I get that, I do, because I spent a couple months staying out of every ones way here after the way the last season ended. I don't want folks to go "Oh God, Rob posted there, guess I can't post there" or "guess there's no point in reading that." If I'm really bringing things down that much, well, THIS thread is your chance to tell me, okay? I WILL TRY AND CHANGE if I think it's warranted.

I don't want you to stop talking or to only talk in certain threads but I want you to try to be respectful.
You are deliberately trying to cause as much fuss as somehow possible around yourself and I get that you need that but try not to make everyone suffer because of it next time.
Okay, first not talking in that particular thread? Not an issue. I've posted in it a total of two times. I almost never post in non-bones topics, I simply don't have the free time to do so so it's not really a sacrifice.

As for being respectful, I get that and I can do that. I'd like to take this opportunity to actually apologize to you for being disrespectful or hurtful whenever I've crossed that line. I like you ToZ, and I consider you a friend, so it was never my intent to be disrespectful, I just tend to shoot from the lip without thinking.

It was simply unnecessary to rub our noses in your ridiculous hate for HH once again without it having to do anything with the topic at all.
You know you're actually so wrong on everything in that sentence I don't know where to begin. First I no longer hate Hart. I've stopped calling him evil and the devil a long time ago. I don't respect the man all that much, but I neither like nor dislike him, what I do is criticize him when I think he's doing something I disagree with, and that happens a lot. Second there was no rubbing intended, it really was an attempt at humor that backfired horribly. I'm sorry about that but you're going to have to admit your reaction was so far over the line it was ridiculous.

I don't want you to stop talking but growing up and getting rid of the egotism at least while you're on here would be nice.
I'm 42, this is it, this is who I am. There's no more growing up and while I can try and check the egotism I'd like you to do me a favor and give me some small credit that sometimes, just sometimes, I can screw up, make a mistake, and it's just that. A mistake. It's not me being a monumental asshole and going out of my way to piss people off.

Now you can have me kicked out if it makes you feel better.
I'd hope you'd know me better than that by now ToZ, but if you honestly think I'd boot you for speaking your mind (which is something I've defended on this forum since my first week here) then you really don't know me at all. That actually sort of saddens me.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 am

Embarassed I suppose I should claim part of the blame for that. His Majesty & I were talking and I thought it would be funny. He went ahead and did it. Yes, he's a big boy now and made the decision to do it, but he wouldn't have thought of it if I hadn't opened my big mouth.

Mea culpa, too.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:54 am

The poor word association game... such a simple game causing so much drama... Sad
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:59 am

Nightowl wrote:The poor word association game... such a simple game causing so much drama... Sad
Nah, that was all me Night. All me.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:08 am

THX1138 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:The poor word association game... such a simple game causing so much drama... Sad

king RM
Takes a good man to admit mistakes... a better one to learn from them.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:27 am

Nightowl wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM
Takes a good man to admit mistakes... a better one to learn from them.
I'll own up to good, better's gonna take a while. Wink

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:05 am

hmm, I thought it was funny...
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:10 am

Woah! Craziness in the non bones topics! Smile

willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:27 am

Kasper wrote:hmm, I thought it was funny...
It was funny. But apparently not to everyone...too much tension around here. In that case, it's usually best to think before posting. Oh well, hopefully everything's okay now.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down