Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for all

+11
Blue_Ink
bonesfan158
bones fan 99
joybrennan
crzy4bones
mommahurley
Beliskner
RubyRuby
treble21
DoctorB
puckishbearscubsfan
15 posters

Go down

Question for all Empty Question for all

Post by puckishbearscubsfan Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:29 pm

If Hart were to announce today B&B would be getting together in episode 19 this season and that Hannah was a means to an end and be patient would you watch episode 1-18?

Note this is not a spoiler I'm just using episode 19 as an example.

And thanks to my friend in my Cubs group who posed a similar themed question about the Cubs that inspired this idea (it was if you found out for sure the Cubs would win the 2013 world series but would stink in 11 and 12 would you still watch).

OF course the puckish girl in me asked my Cubs and Bones fan friend if you found out the cubs will stink the next 2 years would you still watch Bones and would you still watch the Cubs knowing you had to wait til episode 19 to have B&B together?

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Question for all Empty Re: Question for all

Post by DoctorB Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:36 pm

For me it would really depend on what they did with the storyline and the characters. As it stands, I am 110% confident BB will get together eventually... but my issue is will they still be the characters I fell in love with? Is the end worth it if you don't enjoy the journey? I'm not convinced that I can still enjoy the show this season, it will take a lot to get me to love it as much as I did up until the second half of last season. So for me it is very much wait and see.

In reality I have no desire to watch another season or two of 'will they won't they'.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:35 pm

I'd watch either way, although for episode "19" I'd be in front of the tv with the phones shut off, insanely anticipating the moment.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:03 pm

Depends on if the SO storyline would be around for all 18 episodes, and on B&B's chemistry. I want to see what happens after Booth torpedoes his relationship, and how HH & Co go about fixing B&B.

I am the first to admit that at the end of the day, for me, no matter how compelling the case, or fantastic the science, or what's going on with other characters, the NUMBER ONE reason I have watched from the beginning is B&B. The chemistry, the bickering, the fun, and the telling of a once epic love story. If that isn't there, it feels flat like the last part of last season, save for The Boy With the Answer, which is one of my all time favourites.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:34 am

like I said earlier will not be watching till she is GOOOOOOOOOONE.

It will not be realistic anyway for Booth to jump right into Brennan's arms after he and SO break up, unless Brennan will be a rebound which would be a stupid idea.

I rather see them as very very close friends again this season, like season 3 and 4.

OT: I used to love the friendship between the leads in the old Silk Stalkings. It was a pretty good serie for it's time.
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:39 am

I will watch! What's the point in saying you love a show and coming on here as often as most do...and then actually missing the show, and all the infinite possibilities that could happen?

We don't know anything about where it's headed and what will transpire in the meantime...and we do know that at some point they will be together. So I'm gonna watch with an ope mind even whether I know they're getting together in 10=20 or 50 episodes from now!

If I stop watching...I sure won't be on here telling you all about it, becuase if I lose interest enough to stop watching...the blogosphere will be the first thing to go....not on purpose...it will just happen that way.[/quote]

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:00 am

I'm watching no matter what....

Don't we already know that Hannah is a means to an end and to be patient.

I'm getting more and more excited as it's getting closer. I got all giddy yesterday when Chuck and Castle showed up on my DVR list...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:07 am

The short answer is no.

The long answer is, not 1 through 18, but some part. of it. If the entire point of the SO was. for Booth to realize that Brennan is the one and for BRENNAN to take a risk by trying it out with Booth, then I can at least see a point to Raghag being there. However, there are many other ways this could be accomplished without an SO. I have NO desire to watch Booth snuggle up with some other woman. NONE. Nor watching a bunch of Brennan angst over some other woman. Angst over her feelings yes, angst over trying a relationship, yes, angst over commitment, religion, what she's doing with her life, Booth in general, yes, yes, yes! This SO crap, NO! Evil or Very Mad

Thus, while they were building that house of cards, known as SO for Booth, I would not be watching. Also, if it took a long time for the house to fall over chances are I wouldn't watch at all. Too much relationship damage to B&B - them getting together would seem like, yeah, whatever.

This is basically what I'm doing now. Once the SO relationship falls apart I'm in to watch them repair the damage. Watching them build what will ultimately be torn down? I have better, less upsetting, things to do.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:10 am

mommahurley wrote:I will watch! What's the point in saying you love a show and coming on here as often as most do...and then actually missing the show, and all the infinite possibilities that could happen?

If I stop watching...I sure won't be on here telling you all about it, becuase if I lose interest enough to stop watching...the blogosphere will be the first thing to go....not on purpose...it will just happen that way.
[/quote]

I will not watch because I know it will make me sad, I watch shows for pleasure not torture, this doesn't mean I don't like the show. I also stated earlier that I know it will affect me ( I can react pretty strongly towards stuff I don't like, one of my bad habits) and I'm very busy with work, so I will be focussed on that.

I still love the previous seasons, I still read fanfic and I will still keep visiting this forum, because I intend to start watching it again very soon, just not when the season starts next week.

Anyway when the season starts I will be out of the country for work without internet, it will keep me from getting to many spoilers Razz. I'm probably going to have a few weak moments and read spoilers, ( I have to otherwise I will nvr found out miss banana is gone ^^) but I will not watch till xmas break, which hopefully will turn out be be a good holiday season when I have maybe 10 NEW episodes to watch, cmon doesn't everyone want to watch 10 NEW ones in a row ?
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:48 am

Agree with Treble, mommahurley and crzy4bones. And will add that even thou I may not like the route the journey is all part of the fun, I highly anticipate that moment that B&B get together and hope that they are still the same characters I first fell in love with. But however rocky the journey is almost as important as the ending
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:14 am

VERY good question !!! Very thought provoking. The answer is easy for me. I will watch every episode because I enjoy the journey almost as much as the end, although I do not think that when they get together will necessarily have to be the end. If the writers are creative, there could be many more storylines after that point.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:21 am

[quote="Beliskner"]
mommahurley wrote:I will watch! What's the point in saying you love a show and coming on here as often as most do...and then actually missing the show, and all the infinite possibilities that could happen?

If I stop watching...I sure won't be on here telling you all about it, becuase if I lose interest enough to stop watching...the blogosphere will be the first thing to go....not on purpose...it will just happen that way.

I watch shows for pleasure not torture

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

@ beliskner - OMG...ok...that is SOOOO it!!!

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Ink Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:33 am

I'm in this for better or worse. I'll be watching 'til the very end, no matter what.

Blue_Ink
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:59 pm

I will be watching Smile Just because they threw Hannah in the mix does not make the show any less enjoyable for me. I believe that every journey is a long one there is never a easy road to take and I know that of all of this something good will come. I fell in love with the show because of B&B but that is not what keeps me coming back..For me its The Show as a whole the cases, the cast,everything! So just because Booth has a SO means nothing to me it means that now there is more to talk about there is a whole another story going on and it makes the journey that much more interesting. and in the end when its all said and done whenever that may be we all will have seen a long romantic story unfold before all of our eyes Not every couple got together in a day some people it took a very long time and in the end it was perfect!
So 19th episode or 2 seasons from now I will still be watching happy Smile

anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:37 pm

I don't know how patient I would be but I would still watch. 18 Episodes is a LONG time to watch Booth get it on with Hannah KNOWING in Episode 19 Brennan and Booth get together. Probably drive me a bit [Only admins are allowed to see this image] but I would still watch.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:03 am

I'm honestly not sure I would believe them if they came out and said B&B will get together in whatever episode. It's almost like it's a fleeting hope anymore...I will believe they are together when I see it with my own eyes, and not a minute before. I HATE this Hannah storyline, but I'm going to suffer through it-because it is all part of this "journey" Although I'm thinking Hart lost his road map, or his GPS is broke. I don't think it would matter at all to me if they were to say Hannah will be around til Ep 18 and B&B will be together in 19.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:10 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I'm honestly not sure I would believe them if they came out and said B&B will get together in whatever episode. It's almost like it's a fleeting hope anymore...I will believe they are together when I see it with my own eyes, and not a minute before. I HATE this Hannah storyline, but I'm going to suffer through it-because it is all part of this "journey" Although I'm thinking Hart lost his road map, or his GPS is broke. I don't think it would matter at all to me if they were to say Hannah will be around til Ep 18 and B&B will be together in 19.

Perform a U-turn when possible.
Take the first exit.
Very Happy
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm going to watch it all anyway.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down