Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BB question

+12
bones fan 99
MI_Bonesgirl
jro54
crzy4bones
kat0505
katharine
mereva
tinge1990
SnoopGirl
HermioneGirl101
treble21
bailey
16 posters

Go down

BB question Empty BB question

Post by bailey Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:36 am

Ok, I know a lot of you are very, very upset about this Hannah storyline, and I'll admit I'm uncertain how much I'll enjoy it myself. But I do see it as acceptable as drama, as part of Booth and Brennan's story. So, I thought I'd pose a question to everyone ....

What would you like to see happen once Booth and Brennan do get together?

Forget curses, Moonlighting, Hart's plan, whatever ... just B&B, how would you have them get together and still keep drama? I mean, because even if they're together, you still have to have drama in there somewhere, right? To me anyway, there has to be conflict, there has to be progress somehow to keep the show going. One of my favorite parts of Bones, and I assume this is true for a lot of us, is the UST between the characters. It's like, the little moments with Jasper the Pig and Brainy Smurf, to me these moments wouldn't be as sweet if they were an established couple. They'd be more, "well that's what he should be doing" instead of "how sweet was that, you know he loves her." When Booth grabs Brennan's hand in the diner during the Tough Man episode ... would that have been nearly as "gasp -- how cute is that?" of a moment if they were offically together? It wouldn't have been for me.

I loved the storyline with Max and Brennan. And Verdict was one of my favorite episodes ever. But once that episode was over, that storyline had to die. And suddenly one of my favorite parts of the show was gone. Sure Max is still around, and there have been some nice moments with him, but the drama of that storyline can never be recaptured.

So, that being said, once we lose the unrequited sexual tension .... what replaces it that is as good? (And I know, I understand that after a while you get diminishing returns on UST as well ... there's only so many years the chase can last.) Convince me ... because if I'm being really honest here, I worry about the show declining (at least for me) once they get together, I think the thrill of the chase is a lot of the fun.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

BB question Empty Re: BB question

Post by treble21 Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:55 am

There's all sorts of possible dramatic storylines ( for B/B), we have Booth's gambling issues which have only briefly ever been mentioned on the show, we have his family backstory which has some holes that I would like filled. We have Brennan's issues with love, which even when they get together, would not completely disappear. and I still think that the "We know that they know we know they know" type of storyline that played out on Friends would work very well on this show.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:56 am

I've actually spent hours and hours thinking about this, and I honestly don't know what to expect when they finally get together. It's been said before: they're like a married couple without the sex. I'm not sure exactly what would change. They'd still go to the diner, they'd still work together (because the show is them as partners. if they break that up, the show will end), they'd still bicker... Would the only thing that changed be the physical aspect?

I've tried to think of how other shows have done this, and then I realize: no other show is truly like Bones in this aspect. Maybe it's how invested we are in the characters, how long it has been, how much UST there is... but there's something different. Something that doesn't truly connect to any other show. I will, however, say that I've always thought that the most similar show out there (that I watch, anyway... from what I've heard, Castle is pretty similar too) is Chuck. They finally put Chuck and Sarah together this season, and they did it amazingly well, putting just the right amount of relationship drama mixed in with the actual plot of the episode.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect after the actual getting-together of Booth and Brennan, and it scares me a little. Don't get me wrong, I want them together as much as the next obsessed fan, but I'm hesitant as to where it will lead. I don't want my favorite show to jump the shark. I have faith in Hart Hanson, though, and I'll continue to until the series finale.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:05 am

Booth is an FBI Agent, Brennan a Forensic Anthropologist, both experts in their fields. Their jobs would take them away from each other, so there would be that to deal with. Booth has a son so there would be Booth's challenge of balancing parenthood, demanding career and a significant other. Brennan would have to find her niche in Parker's life as he would in hers. IF they lived together that would also pose challenges after having been on their own for so long. Brennan would most likely want to have a child with Booth after being together for a while and Booth may feel that he needs to get married before having another child and Brennan doesn't want to get married.
If they had a child, things would be different and how they deal with that could make for some interesting story lines.
The possibilities are endless with B&B being together. Hart and Company have brilliant actors to work with and several (good) current/past story lines they could re-invent, ie: Max, Russ and Brennan. Booth's past and his family could be an entire season alone!

Sure the chase is good but the catch could be even better if done well. There could be a season of them getting together and getting to know each other more (intimately). They do have vast points of interest. Booth at a lecture on something or other to do with Bones and Brennan at a Hockey Game (Booth not playing).

They don't have to jump into bed to be together. Going on dates, Brennan spending time with Booth and his son could all be done without sex.

I totally feel that they should be together, none of this 3rd person jealousy crap, Brennan thinking she is not good enough for Booth and that he wants her to change. They could even admit their feelings for each other but not act on it for a few months (of episodes).

Great Question [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:22 am

HermioneGirl101 wrote:

Honestly, I don't know what to expect after the actual getting-together of Booth and Brennan, and it scares me a little. Don't get me wrong, I want them together as much as the next obsessed fan, but I'm hesitant as to where it will lead. I don't want my favorite show to jump the shark. I have faith in Hart Hanson, though, and I'll continue to until the series finale.

This! Yes, I agree ... I want them together, but I can't quite figure out how it'll work. Thanks Treble and Snoop for your replies, they give me a lot to think about. Smile

As far as other shows, the show that comes to my mind is Daphne and Niles on Frasier. They did this UST dance for years and it was funny and dramatic and wonderful ... then they got together. It still worked, but it was never quite as good, in my opinion.

I guess for me, if they get them together it does need to be a long while of as Treble says the whole Friends, "they don't know we know they know thing" with B&B trying to keep their relationship hidden from everyone. And Bones struggling wtih being in a real relationship ... them being together but still pulling apart slightly at times because of her fear. They could do a whole season or more of this.

The baby thing could be interesting too I think ... but probably more the pregnancy part than the actual baby raising. Baby Andy was cute, but more than one episode of that I'm not sure I'd really like. Of course, I wonder how people would react to a BB baby, most people seem to be anti this Hodgelina baby thing.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:30 am

^i think a lot of us would like it, but honestly, you cant have the lead character in Bones having a baby!

she has to go out and fight crime with Booth or what fun will there be ): if she has a baby, she will be stuck in the lab doing boring stuff!

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:17 am

bailey wrote:What would you like to see happen once Booth and Brennan do get together?
That's very simple. I want to see an established relationship with all its ups and downs, for at least one whole season. It could be so good if cleverly done (just see how well The Closer handles a commited couple; I don't see why it сouldn't be possible on Bones, too).
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:37 am

treble21 wrote:There's all sorts of possible dramatic storylines ( for B/B), we have Booth's gambling issues which have only briefly ever been mentioned on the show, we have his family backstory which has some holes that I would like filled. We have Brennan's issues with love, which even when they get together, would not completely disappear. and I still think that the "We know that they know we know they know" type of storyline that played out on Friends would work very well on this show.

I'm in agreement with you. I would love for that "hidden relationship" for them, where they know and they think the lab folks know, but not quite sure, and they are not ready to tell them yet. That would be half the fun of the story. Then the hidden glances, touches, drinks after cases would be so much more USTful. It would be the fear of getting caught. They could run that for several episodes until one day they get caught in a kiss at the FF or the diner, just like Chandler and Monica on Friends.
There are so many personal issues that they could delve into that might bring about conflict. Just like they do on The Closer - thanks @Mereva for bringing that show up again(in an ealier post). You are right, they do it on that show and win Emmys.
The cases just have to be there and I believe they haven't been there in a while. It seemed like most of S5 was about B&B and hardly an interesting case at all.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:00 am

That's a very interesting question!
Although I have thought about it when I'm writing fanfiction. I can't seem to keep on writing once I've brought them together.
So, that's why I did stop to wonder now how I would keep continue an interesting story.

I also think once they are together, you take away a lot of sexual tension. But I feel that it should be replaced with the nice feeling of love between them and maybe it would also be interesting if they tried to keep it hidden for a while. I can see that happening; the looks, touches and small kisses, trying to hide and be careful noone notices. But once at home, they would release their passion.

I can also see her wanting to have a baby. Or who knows, like I've already read in some fanfics; she could become pregnant not knowing. And once she's pregnant, he could become more protective and worried (sweet Booth), not wanting for her to work anymore. And that could cause some tension again.

And I can deffinately see the bickering continue.

Meanwhile they could still be having interesting cases through all of this. Maybe sort of like when they are having a vacation together without anyone else knowing and they find a body on the beach.

I think there are still lots of possibilities after they bring them together.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:03 am

Oh and we also have that whole "the FBI won't let us date" thing, which I assumed had been put in there to create some drama once B/B finally get together....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:21 am

It could be interesting, the whole Friends kind of thing, but after a bit it could get tedious. And I could see a pregnancy stirring things up...like someone said, over protective Daddy Booth.

I haven't really seen the Closer...but the bits I've seen I'm not sure we can completely compare Bones, too. They aren't "partners" and although their paths cross, him being FBI, her being a cop....it's still not totally the same. And I could live without watching Booth and Brennan bicker over a cat like they do on Closer. LOL! Seems like any time I do see part of an episode, that's what they are doing...LOL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:30 am

This is a really good question. I haven't really thought about it. I've been reading a lot of fanfics that are all about B&B getting together, but I just can't imagine them being together. Don't get my wrong, I'm a HUGE shipper, but I just can't imagine them being together-getting married and having kids...I can can sort of see them at a point where they are casually dating, taking things slow, but I don't think they will get "serious"-like marriage and kids, until the very end of the series.

I have only seen a couple episodes of the Closer, but I don't think it compares to Bones at all. Brenda and Fritz aren't partners, they don't work together directly and the show doesn't revlove around the relationship (in my opinion) so it's not totally the same.

Last edited by jro54 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:38 am; edited 2 times in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:36 am

I honestly don't think much would have to change if B&B were together. IMO the UST is gone from their relationship. They are beyond sexual tension, they have real feelings for each other. The last season was the absolute worst. They were too comfortable with each other, but both were afraid to push the line. It was boring. At least things will be shaken up now, as much as I hate to admit it, but this whole Hannah storyline is bound to bring back some tension.
B&B have pretty much been in a relationship without the sex anyway, so I don't see how anything would change in regards to bow they act around each other. If anything, instead of focusing on the will they/won't they, the cases would be back to the front burner. More intriguing cases, better plots. We could still get the cute B&B scenes that Make us A[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
IMO the possibilities are endless for them, and David and Emily have the natural chemistry to pull it off.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:23 am

crzy4bones wrote: And I could live without watching Booth and Brennan bicker over a cat like they do on Closer. LOL! Seems like any time I do see part of an episode, that's what they are doing...LOL!
Oh, I see: you definitely didn't watch that much of TC. Very Happy Because otherwise you'd remember sex scenes, too! sweatin I wouldn't mind to see BB having this kind of "bickering". Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:38 am

So this is a topic I've been worried about in my head too (I was a huge Greys fan.. now Mer and Der are together I'm not as obsessed still watch and buy the dvd's look at the odd spoiler but nothing like bones). What worries me is Rose on Greys seems to have alot in common with the Hannah arch and I got really pissed at Rose but then I got the house of candles which was the most awseome moment ever.... and it all went downhill for me after that.
Having said that Bones is a whole different show based on these two amazing characters that have much to learn and I (hope more than anything) that them becoming a couple wouldn't be the end of it. In Greys Mer "got whole and healed" before getting her man. Where as Brennan and Booth still have alot to learn and I think that many of their "lessons" could be learnt in exploring their relationship and things that affect it

treble21 wrote:There's all sorts of possible dramatic storylines ( for B/B), we have Booth's gambling issues which have only briefly ever been mentioned on the show, we have his family backstory which has some holes that I would like filled. We have Brennan's issues with love, which even when they get together, would not completely disappear. and I still think that the "We know that they know we know they know" type of storyline that played out on Friends would work very well on this show.

treble 21's ideas above are really just the start (she says hoping like hell)
HH and SN probably are worried about the same thing and I have to say I think they'll work on growing these characters till they're in a place (like they've been told season x is your last) to put them together.. ok that was pesimistic me coming out... I just hope it's at least.. if not before the finale of second to last season that they make a move and we get an entire season of seeing them working through what a full on realationship means and the affects it has on their 'life togther" you know rather than the second to last episode ever.

Still looking fwd to what this season brings even if it is Hannah, Booth knows Brennans the one he just needs a little reminding and Brennan needs a kick up the ass (she says hoping like hell) I believe that HH truly wants to put them togther and not in the final episode ever so here's hoping they get it right and we're all happy and still obessed with how and when they do it
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:33 am

mereva wrote:
bailey wrote:What would you like to see happen once Booth and Brennan do get together?
That's very simple. I want to see an established relationship with all its ups and downs, for at least one whole season. It could be so good if cleverly done (just see how well The Closer handles a commited couple; I don't see why it сouldn't be possible on Bones, too).

Guess I just don't see it as that simple.

I've never watched The Closer ... was the couple established from the beginning?
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:42 am

I've only seen a few episodes of the Closer, but I believe the couple was establish in the 1st season...they aren't partners and they don't work directly together, but they do cross paths-he's a FBI agent, she's a cop. So many people have used the Closer as an example of how HH could still put B&B together and still have a successful show and I believe he can do it, but I don't think it's that simple...and The Closer isn't the same as Bones.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jhi1005 Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:17 am

I'm watching Glee reruns and they had a promo for the new House season, and the last scene features House pretending to ask about Cuddy's weekend to throw their co-workers off.....and way overacting and blowing it. Reminded me of Brennan during the Gormagon episode when they knew they were being taped....it made me laugh and I could see it playing out the same way for Brennan and Booth.

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:54 pm

This is a GREAT question.

It's amazing- we all constantly talk about how and why and when they should get together, but we never think about the after.

For anybody who loves House like I do- watching how they bring House and Cuddy together this season I think will tell me a lot about what Bones could or couldn't do with B&B. So, two weeks from now I might be able to answer this.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:52 pm

OK, first off, some of the SAME issues that exist now would still exist. How about Brennan doesn't believe in God, and Booth does? Some of the UST comes out of them being SO different in some ways and yet being very attracted to each other. That's not going to change. There's also appropriateness. Until this thing with Raghag, it's been suggested that Booth likes to keep things private. Brennan...not so much if you look at her with Michael and Sully. Brennan's insecure, maybe she sees him wanting to keep it private as Booth isn't proud to show her off like Raghag. Or maybe she wants to hide the relationship because she doesn't want people to know if it doesn't work out - and Booth feels slighted. Then there's the newlywed syndrome. You want to do it like, ALL THE TIME. Laughing However, you're working together, there's a kid involved, you just CAN'T. Laughing You're working, and something happens where your eyes meet and YOU KNOW exactly what the other is thinking about, and it isn't work [Only admins are allowed to see this link] - now you're BOTH hot and bothered. What if Brennan DOESN'T want to work with the FBI all the time and spend more time with her archeology projects. Imagine the conflict of the finale if they HAD BEEN in a relationship. Talk about agonizing! Brennan is rich, Booth isn't. First time she wants to take him on a vacation - who pays for what? If they move in together - whose place, or is it a new place? Who pays for it. Booth has a family history we haven't explored much. They're so much they have to share and talk about. Brennan likes beer better than ice cream... WHY IS BRENNAN THE WAY SHE IS? Is it genetic, which is implied by the behavior of her cousin. What might come up with the idea of having a child - that's loaded. Rebecca - jealous of Parker and Brennan developing more of a relationship. Rebecca - and the ongoing issue of Booth getting time with Parker. Really good cases that take up their time and makes it hard to be alone. Really good cases bring personal issues up for them; those moments of intimate sharing and learning something new about the other doesn't end because you're lovers. Sometimes the sharing happens in bed. Both of them being overprotective of each other at times. MARRIAGE. Sex - who wants what and when? And, yeah this is just off the top of my head. PLUEEZE! NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:42 pm

SnoopGirl wrote:Booth is an FBI Agent, Brennan a Forensic Anthropologist, both experts in their fields. Their jobs would take them away from each other, so there would be that to deal with. Booth has a son so there would be Booth's challenge of balancing parenthood, demanding career and a significant other. Brennan would have to find her niche in Parker's life as he would in hers. IF they lived together that would also pose challenges after having been on their own for so long. Brennan would most likely want to have a child with Booth after being together for a while and Booth may feel that he needs to get married before having another child and Brennan doesn't want to get married.
If they had a child, things would be different and how they deal with that could make for some interesting story lines.
The possibilities are endless with B&B being together. Hart and Company have brilliant actors to work with and several (good) current/past story lines they could re-invent, ie: Max, Russ and Brennan. Booth's past and his family could be an entire season alone!

Sure the chase is good but the catch could be even better if done well. There could be a season of them getting together and getting to know each other more (intimately). They do have vast points of interest. Booth at a lecture on something or other to do with Bones and Brennan at a Hockey Game (Booth not playing).

They don't have to jump into bed to be together. Going on dates, Brennan spending time with Booth and his son could all be done without sex. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
I agree with everything. Smile
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down