Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cindy Lauper to play "crucial role"

+19
Blue_Ink
bonesfan158
ReginaPhalange
future_anthro
mommahurley
joybrennan
Lo
katharine
tinkrella
bailey
HermioneGirl101
bones fan 99
RubyRuby
mereva
MI_Bonesgirl
recoveringbonesaddict
jro54
treble21
jhi1005
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cindy Lauper to play "crucial role"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cindy Lauper to play "crucial role"

Post by bones fan 99 Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:04 pm

mommahurley wrote:Ya I would bet it has to do with murder...and pointing them in the direction of the serial killer...but of course you can bet on her to ship a bit!!! she's all about the ship!

Bless her!!
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Cindy Lauper to play "crucial role"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Cindy Lauper to play "crucial role"

Post by jro54 Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:06 pm

^I kinda hope that the ratings drop just enough to make TPTB consider the direction of the show. Rolling Eyes If HH really said that they were holding on to the decesion of doing a Christmas episode until they see what the ratings are like for the few episodes. Maybe the Christams episode will be the reset of the reset. Laughing
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:17 pm

joybrennan wrote:
treble21 wrote:
recoveringbonesaddict wrote:What I found interesting is near the end where he is talking about a possible Christmas episode. He stated that they would hold onto the decision after seeing how they do ratings wise in the upcoming episodes.
It seems that Hanson knows the first couple of episodes are going to be critical to the show and the currently plan storyline

I don't think anyone doubts it's a killer timeslot this year, My favorite show and second favorite show are competing, it hurts me LOL

Love the Avalon thing! It does annoy me that whenever there is a ratings dip HH finds some perfectly valid reason why it happens - other than people didn't want to watch what he was writing about. Rolling Eyes (Catfish comes to mind). It should be interesting. I think if they lose audience to Big Bang it actually won't be a big deal because it's a highly rated show being moved into their time slot. They expect that. However, losing viewers to shows they beat last year, or to brand new shows would probably be seen as a rejection of his story direction.

So...it sounds like I'll be watching from episode five or six, that's like, november, right? That's not so bad. Smile

To be fair, the Catherine thing didn't have that kind of affect on the ratings... the ratings were holding steady after an all time high on the 100th. It was only after the Finale that the dissatisfaction began. Or began to be voiced.

It remains to be seen if there will be ratings fallout. I hope not, because I'd hate to lose our show. I'm over my tantrum of the early summer. I've thought about it, and the ending was actually very poetic...and also, as the one thread someone started on here states... "what storyline would you like to see after they get Booth and Bones together?"...people really had a hard time coming up with actual storylines....so maybe Hart and Co, do know better than we do...and it will all be alright in the end. Who knows...but I'm in the wait and see mode now...and I'm not wishing bad things on the show I love. Why look for trouble...it will find us easily enough if it's not good, but I'm not going to pre-judge. I'm hoping the season knocks my socks off.

I just finished watching all 5 seasons of my all time favorite show...long gone now... "La Femme Nikita": the real one...not the WB teeny bopper version of the clasic....and OMG if you think B&B have been through a lot...Michael and Nikita were tortured souls to the 10th power...and it was great! Exciting to the last moment of the last episode...although I remember the message boards screaming the same things then as I'm reading now...! If you want to be tortured beyone belief by Angst, and sexual tension....watch LaFemme Nikita! Classic.

Meanwhile, I'm getting very excited for Bones...good or bad, i'm giving it a chance and I'm getting really excited.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:35 pm

I'm pretty sure the ratings after the hundreth dipped from where they'd been prior.
They'd been going UP in season five - which is where HH 10-12 million viewer quote he likes to use. Dipped down to something between 8.5-9.5 after.

There was A LOT of complaint after the hundredth. There were debates all over the place: d

forums, blogs, talk backs. Then as the finale approached there was this idea floating around that HH would fix it then - even though HH said he was spliting them up even more. After the finale there was evetainn more complaint, but then people started to hope he'd fix it with the fountain scene and that the S.O. was just a rumor. Then we found out there is no opening fountain scene and Booth has an S.O... Now we are hoping that somehow the S.O. will bring B&B together. Suspect

At every point it's possible to see a way to have a positive result - but it hasn't happened. So as much as I REALLY HOPE this time will be different, and that logic comes in to fix the chaos after FIVE SEASONS the last two being build-ups to resets, I just can't bring myself to watch. I am glad others can - and I'm looking forward to the reports, good or bad. Smile

Last edited by joybrennan on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a paragraph)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:13 pm

The ratings did drop after the hundreth from 10-12 million to 9-8 million viewers. I'm sure the ratings for the premiere will be high, but I expect a significant drop in the 4 episodes after. It's not just about the SO storyline, the cases simply arent't compelling enough and the relationship drama sure won't keep the average viewer interested. It will be interested to what happens towards the end of the season with the new serial killer arch (because I doubt that this is the season) but that may be a little too late. Hart is sure taking a big risk with this Hannah storyline. Maybe it will payoff for him, maybe it won't. Will just to have to wait and see. Rolling Eyes

...and it looks like we have successfully derailed this thread.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:47 pm

I figured after seeing her the first time she'd be a pretty "crucial" character. I wanna know what the information is though.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:38 am

Yay! I'm happy Avalon's coming back! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I happened to just re-watch the season 5 premiere (the withdrawls overtook me and I caved to reruns!) and I liked how Bones came around to actually listening to Avalon in the scene where she reads her the cards after the attack.

*pauses to recall hot Booth coming to the rescue of Bones*

Anyway, it was a nice scene. I'm going to anticipate that we'll get progression in our ship with Avalon and I'm excited! I just don't want to wait 'til episode 8...

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:01 am

No to belabor the point....but ratings...are a lot like political advertisments...you can use them to make almost any statement support what you want it to support...

You have to take an average.... Sure the ratings dropped a little bit..after the 100th...but the ratings also were much much higher for the 100th than they had ever been before...so going back down to 9-10 million was still higher than their previous average . The 100th got tons of hype and attention in the media...so I'm sure a lot of people who don't usually watch the show tuned in to see it then....plus...there was almost no competition right at that time...reruns and mid season replacement shows.... after the 100th, many of their big comnpetitors shows had gotten going and Bones had competition again.

Statistics have to be looked at and studied from many angles for them to be accurate.

Anyway... Cindy Lauper is coming back...she's going to be involved in cases and shipping...and I'm excited for anything new....I can't even complain about baseball, because I love baseball.

I took what Hart said about Christmas ep to mean..sometimes he plans his episodes and instead of pre-empting his show for the Christmas specials etc...theptb move him to another night and his show still plays...so then he's got extra spaces or he plans for it to fit in one week and they suddenly pre-empt and he can't fit the shows in, and it messes up the planning and the Chrismas show has nowhere to go. I didn't hear him say becuase of ratings...but I could have missed it.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:14 am

I expect the ratings will be high for the premiere, but I wouldn't suprised if there is a significant drop after the first 4 episodes...It's not just about the SO storyline, the cases simply arent't compelling enough and the relationship drama sure won't keep the average viewer interested. It will be interested to what happens towards the end of the season with the new serial killer arch (because I doubt that B&B will get to together this season) but that may be a little too late.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:01 am

In the season 5 opener, Cyndi Lauper predicted that Brennan's life was at a critical turning point--between a great love and death, during a Tarot card reading. I don't really think they elaborated on that reading after that point.
I'm wondering if that prophecy is still on the table and is Brennan moving closer to that "critical turning point" as foretold in Season 5. Will it be Cyndi's job to continue that story thread?
Just a thought juggle

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:27 am

mommahurley wrote:No to belabor the point....but ratings...are a lot like political advertisments...you can use them to make almost any statement support what you want it to support...

You have to take an average.... Sure the ratings dropped a little bit..after the 100th...but the ratings also were much much higher for the 100th than they had ever been before...so going back down to 9-10 million was still higher than their previous average . The 100th got tons of hype and attention in the media...so I'm sure a lot of people who don't usually watch the show tuned in to see it then....plus...there was almost no competition right at that time...reruns and mid season replacement shows.... after the 100th, many of their big comnpetitors shows had gotten going and Bones had competition again.

Statistics have to be looked at and studied from many angles for them to be accurate.

Anyway... Cindy Lauper is coming back...she's going to be involved in cases and shipping...and I'm excited for anything new....I can't even complain about baseball, because I love baseball.

I took what Hart said about Christmas ep to mean..sometimes he plans his episodes and instead of pre-empting his show for the Christmas specials etc...theptb move him to another night and his show still plays...so then he's got extra spaces or he plans for it to fit in one week and they suddenly pre-empt and he can't fit the shows in, and it messes up the planning and the Chrismas show has nowhere to go. I didn't hear him say becuase of ratings...but I could have missed it.

bowdown bowdown I think HH indirectly mentioned the ratings, he mentioned that the timeslot was killer this year
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Ink Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:43 am

I can totally picture Avalon walking up to Daisy and being like, "You're going to die."

Blue_Ink
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 pm

mommahurley wrote:No to belabor the point....but ratings...are a lot like political advertisments...you can use them to make almost any statement support what you want it to support...

Just for the record - difference in the averages of the season before the eight series arch and that arch is over a million viewers. The stats are in the new ratings thread. (Trying to consolidate Very Happy )
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:20 pm

You know peeps...I'm confused.
I'm confused a lot...so no suprises there ay? Wink

According to Tim Southam's tweets he's at the helm of ep 607. But...

".@Bonesfan47 607 does not have the story you mention re Brennan. It is really cool, but it is not that one."

So...does that make Brennan's POV Ep 608? Meaning that CL/Avalon will be in Brennan's Ep? (That would be fitting! To have a Avalon in the ep that brings Brennan to question her own mortality)...Or does it simply mean that we can add not being able to count to HH's list of attributes? Laughing Where does this leave us then? Is CL/Avalon in Ep 9? I'm confused people. Confused. scratch

And now I'm looking forward to the 607 Sides a little less...
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:38 am

TinkonBrink wrote:You know peeps...I'm confused.
I'm confused a lot...so no suprises there ay? Wink

According to Tim Southam's tweets he's at the helm of ep 607. But...

".@Bonesfan47 607 does not have the story you mention re Brennan. It is really cool, but it is not that one."

So...does that make Brennan's POV Ep 608? Meaning that CL/Avalon will be in Brennan's Ep? (That would be fitting! To have a Avalon in the ep that brings Brennaon to question her own mortality)...Or does it simply mean that we can add not being able to count to HH's list of attributes? Laughing Where does this leave us then? Is CL/Avalon in Ep 9? I'm confused people. Confused. scratch

And now I'm looking forward to the 607 Sides a little less...

HH can't count. In his own words he, "can't think linearly." Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:35 am

I thought that HH said that Cyndi Lauper was in the episode after the Brennan centric episode...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:47 am

crzy4bones wrote:I thought that HH said that Cyndi Lauper was in the episode after the Brennan centric episode...

Me too. From this article, it looks like Cyndi Lauper will be in epi. 8, which is supposedly the episode after the "Brennan centric" episode...and Hart also tweeted that the "Brennan centric" episode would be either 6 or 7. confused
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:01 am

Yeahhhh HH also wasn't to sure on that since he said in that same interview he can't think "linearly" as Joy already pointed out, so I wouldn't really count on the episode numbers as gospel.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:05 am

We already have the sides from episode 6 and it's the cougar cruise episode. Sides for 7 should be out in an hour or so.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Blue_Ink wrote:I can totally picture Avalon walking up to Daisy and being like, "You're going to die."
I could see myself clapping.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:49 pm

future_anthro wrote:
Blue_Ink wrote:I can totally picture Avalon walking up to Daisy and being like, "You're going to die."

LOL

...... and Daisy responds.... "but... but... wwwwhhhhhyyyyyy? Wwwwwwwhhhhhhyyyyy? Statistically I'm way to attractive and perky and intelligent to die... Men all want me, and women want to BE me.... Oh why can't one of the more average/run-of-the-mill/50th percentile types be the one to die? I want my Lancelot!" [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

(Sorry, I could just hear it in my head) :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:52 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:
future_anthro wrote:

LOL

...... and Daisy responds.... "but... but... wwwwhhhhhyyyyyy? Wwwwwwwhhhhhhyyyyy? Statistically I'm way to attractive and perky and intelligent to die... Men all want me, and women want to BE me.... Oh why can't one of the more average/run-of-the-mill/50th percentile types be the one to die? I want my Lancelot!" [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

(Sorry, I could just hear it in my head) :-)

You guys just made my night! Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2