Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Fall Party

+16
MI_Bonesgirl
HaileyBabyU
the beaver1965
crzy4bones
Manjachka
RubyRuby
IheartB&B
mereva
bones fan 99
geraghtyvl
joybrennan
tinkrella
jro54
CanadianBones
bailey
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Fox Fall Party - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox Fall Party

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:38 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I just have to add a little story here...I was talking to a friend of mine over the weekend, she has beena Bones fan since day one. She hasn't seen every episode over the years, but she has seen enough to consider it her favorite show. She does not have cable, so doesn't have access to all of the TNT reruns, and she has a family and 2 teenage daughters who are very involved in sports, and 4-H and several other extra curricular activites. She and her husband also own a medium sized farm, so there are various animals and chores that they must do every night.
Needless to say her TV time is fairly limited, she catches shows as she can. She missed the 1st run season finale last spring and saw it last week when Fox reran it. Now she and I have talked about the 100th and S5 storylines on and off, but I haven't said a word to her about the finale or upcoming "plots"
The 1st words out of her mouth after seeing the finale and seeing the new promos were "what the HELL are they doing to my show"???? she is also more of a Booth fan than a Brennan fan, but she wants them together.
My point is that it was nice to know of someone who doesn't rabidly follow the show, isn't on twitter and doesn't search for spoilers, who is most definitey NOT at all happy with the new storyline.. IMO that doesn't look good for ratings. Especially the longer Hannah is around.

I meant to tell you - good anecdotal story! I do think the internet crowd get tagged as extreme and different from the average viewer. (Well, we can get extreme. Laughing ) I tend to think we are another kind of litmus test of what the larger audience is thinking. However, even though the larger audience may have similar feelings, it doesn't mean they're going to change what they do - because they aren't as extreme and the idea of, say, not watching, won't occur right away. Chances are your friend will tune into the premier to see "What the hell they are doing" to her show. Very Happy However, because people like that DON'T read spoilers, I think when the second ep hits HH may be in trouble. silent
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Fox Fall Party - Page 4 Empty Re: Fox Fall Party

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:55 am

That was exactly my point. I would consider my friend an "average" viewer. One who knows when Bones is on and tries to make a point to watch it. But if she misses an episode, it's not a big deal to her. I would guess people like her will become alienated by the SO plot by episode 4-5. When I asked her what she likes the most about Bones, she didn't hesitate to say Booth and Brennan. I would guess a large portion of these average viewers feel the same. It will be interesting to see what the ratings are like going into the baseball break and for the 1st couple episodes directly after.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4