Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Hated Bones Episode Game

+16
Pat
RubyRuby
bones206
jsgemini
*kiki*
bonesfan158
SnoopGirl
i_heart_bones
kokonut_soda
joybrennan
THX1138
dawnsfire
HermioneGirl101
AmandaMarshall
treble21
bailey
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Most Hated Bones Episode Game - Page 4 Empty Re: Most Hated Bones Episode Game

Post by AmandaMarshall Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:37 am

The Devil in the Details 21 +1
Player Under Pressure 14 -2

I like Josh Malina but then I did learn about the cringe factor from Player. Oh, well....

AmandaMarshall
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:48 am

The Devil in the Details 19
Player Under Pressure 15
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:51 am

Devil in the Details 20
Player under Pressure 13

-2 Devil in the Details
+1 Player under Pressure
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Devil in the Details 21
Player under Pressure 11

+ 1 Devil
- 2 Player
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by *kiki* Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:47 pm

Devil in the Details 22
Player under Pressure 9

-2 player
+1 devil
*kiki*
*kiki*
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Say What You Want : "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome..."
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:14 am

Devil in the Details 20
Player under Pressure 10

Devil -2
Player +1
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:51 am

Devil in the Details 21
Player under Pressure 8

Devil in the Details +1
Player under Pressure -2

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Devil in the Details 22
Player under Pressure 6

Devil in the Details +1
Player under Pressure -2
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Devil in the Details 23
Player under Pressure 4

Devil+1
Player-2
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Devil in the Details 24
Player under Pressure 2

Devil +1
Player -2

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:05 pm

And I believe we have a winner! The most hated Bones episode is....

The Devil in the Details 25

Devil + 1
Player -2

RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:45 pm

RubyRuby wrote:And I believe we have a winner! The most hated Bones episode is....

Devil + 1
Player -2

w00t! Devil, the DoubleDeath of Season Five! Of course if not for Baily DDotDD could be sitting there right now, but I'm content that Devil won.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:23 pm

I vehemently disagree!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:21 pm

I loathe DDotDD, but Devil's up there on the list too. Interesting results.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:17 am

Well... personally, Devil was one of my favorites of S5.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:32 am

THX1138 wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:And I believe we have a winner! The most hated Bones episode is....

Devil + 1
Player -2

w00t! Devil, the DoubleDeath of Season Five! Of course if not for Baily DDotDD could be sitting there right now, but I'm content that Devil won.

king RM

Ok, I cannot be the only one who doesn't hate that episode. Very Happy
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:17 am

bailey wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

Devil + 1
Player -2

king RM
Of course not. I'm sure the folks who wrote it thought it was a good idea at the time. Rolling Eyes

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:21 am

bailey wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

Devil + 1
Player -2

king RM

You're not; I actually like it a lot!
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:35 am

I didn't hate it either! But out of the two that were left this was the one i prefered less.
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:52 am

^^^ See Evil, see? I'm gonna sound like Hart here but you really shouldn't ever think you speak for everyone. Wink

My understanding is that you dislike the episode because it's too comedic and farcial ... and it is, but that's why I like it. I try not to take my TV too seriously. My life is pretty serious, my family, my job, etc. so I like to just "enjoy" TV and I enjoyed DDotDD. And, before you say it, yes I get that you just didn't think it was a good idea for Bones ... but again I say, I think you're just putting too much stock into what your personal idea of what Bones should be. I like the show because I feel like it can be lots of things, sometimes all at once.

Although even I could've done without Borenaz singing. Wink
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:40 am

bailey wrote:^^^ See Evil, see? I'm gonna sound like Hart here but you really shouldn't ever think you speak for everyone. Wink
Heh, now you're projecting. I never said, nor have I implied, that I spoke for everyone. If I come across that way, well it's probably just a byproduct of my high intelligence and superior reasoning skills. And yes, I can actually be that arrogant - just ask the Queen. Cool

My understanding is that you dislike the episode because it's too comedic and farcial ... and it is, but that's why I like it. I try not to take my TV too seriously. My life is pretty serious, my family, my job, etc. so I like to just "enjoy" TV and I enjoyed DDotDD. And, before you say it, yes I get that you just didn't think it was a good idea for Bones ... but again I say, I think you're just putting too much stock into what your personal idea of what Bones should be. I like the show because I feel like it can be lots of things, sometimes all at once.
I can actually agree with you on that most of the time, I mean it's just a TV show, right? The thing is the episode isn't just atypical for Bones it's the antithesis of what the show purports itself to be.

Let me put it another way, if I'm watching HOUSE I want the drama, not a second rate version of SCRUBS. When Hart gave us BONES he gave us a show with bizarre crimes, cutting edge science, strong personalities, and just enough comedy to keep it from being a downer. By and large, with some notable exceptions in S4 and S5, he's kept to that formula. So when HH and SN decided to air DDotDD they were basically telling me, "Yeah, I know you tuned in to see a smart procedural dramedy, but I'm going to give you a show that's a rip off of Weekend at Bernie's and you're gonna watch it anyway because you've got no where else to go."

Hey, love it all you want but don't kid yourself, that wasn't Bones you were watching. At best it was a rejected episode of Psych acted out by the cast of Bones, but more likely Hart owed someone some money and that script was the payoff.

There, at least, we can agree.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:59 am

THX1138 wrote:Heh, now you're projecting. I never said, nor have I implied, that I spoke for everyone. If I come across that way, well it's probably just a byproduct of my high intelligence and superior reasoning skills. And yes, I can actually be that arrogant - just ask the Queen. Cool

My mistake, I thought at one point you had actually said that I was the only one who liked this episode. In which case you would've been speaking for everyone else. Or I could've misunderstood your meaning or simply forgotten because that's been quite a while ago.

I can actually agree with you on that most of the time, I mean it's just a TV show, right? The thing is the episode isn't just atypical for Bones it's the antithesis of what the show purports itself to be.

Is it the antithesis of what the show purports itself to be or of what you believe the show to be?

Let me put it another way, if I'm watching HOUSE I want the drama, not a second rate version of SCRUBS. When Hart gave us BONES he gave us a show with bizarre crimes, cutting edge science, strong personalities, and just enough comedy to keep it from being a downer. By and large, with some notable exceptions in S4 and S5, he's kept to that formula. So when HH and SN decided to air DDotDD they were basically telling me, "Yeah, I know you tuned in to see a smart procedural dramedy, but I'm going to give you a show that's a rip off of Weekend at Bernie's and you're gonna watch it anyway because you've got no where else to go."

Hey, love it all you want but don't kid yourself, that wasn't Bones you were watching. At best it was a rejected episode of Psych acted out by the cast of Bones, but more likely Hart owed someone some money and that script was the payoff.

I can see your point here. And I agree it did stray from the typical formula Hart uses but I don't think he threw the formula out the window either. In either case it didn't stop me from enjoying the episode, I thought it was funny ... and I didn't analyze it any further than that. It made me laugh therefore I liked it. Perhaps it had more to do with the mood I was in when I first saw the episode.

I get why you don't like it, I guess it's just the utter hate you seem to have for the episode that caught me off guard.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:36 pm

THX1138 wrote:
There, at least, we can agree.

king RM

I believe each and every fan of Bones can agree on that.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 pm

bailey wrote:
THX1138 wrote:Heh, now you're projecting. I never said, nor have I implied, that I spoke for everyone. If I come across that way, well it's probably just a byproduct of my high intelligence and superior reasoning skills. And yes, I can actually be that arrogant - just ask the Queen. Cool

My mistake, I thought at one point you had actually said that I was the only one who liked this episode. In which case you would've been speaking for everyone else. Or I could've misunderstood your meaning or simply forgotten because that's been quite a while ago.
Yeah, I don't think I've ever claimed to speak for everyone, though I might have said something like "well then you're the only one" but that's obvious sarcasm - or I should say to me that's obvious sarcasm. I have noticed that sarcasm doesn't always translate well in electronic media. In any case, I don't speak for everyone even though I probably should because of my incredibly sound judgment and impeccable taste. How's that? Twisted Evil

Is it the antithesis of what the show purports itself to be or of what you believe the show to be?
Hmm, well that's rather begging the question isn't it? But to respond directly, no, it's not just what I believe the show to be, it's what most everyone believes the show to be and how it's been presented in the trades. Going back to 2005 there are articles at TV Guide that refer to the show as a crime procedural and IMDB lists it's genres as Mystery, Romance, Drama, and Procedural, more recently I've seen Matt Roush, among others, refer to it as a dramedy - in fact the one thing I've never seen it described as is a comedy.

Feel free to run your own searches but nothing I've seen or read lends me to believe that the show was ever intended to be a crimedy, and honestly if you could point to even one crimedy type episode in the first three seasons I'd concede the point and be done with it. As it is DDotDD, Double Trouble, and a few others in notables in S4 stand out from the rest of the series for their notably irreverent tone. Again, fine and dandy in small doses and great if you want a forensics version of Scrubs, but it can hardly be said that those episodes enhance the series overall. In fact their incongruous nature rankles in light of the overall tone the series sets when you contrast the farce of DDotDD with Mayhem, Conman, or Mask.

I can see your point here. And I agree it did stray from the typical formula Hart uses but I don't think he threw the formula out the window either. In either case it didn't stop me from enjoying the episode, I thought it was funny ... and I didn't analyze it any further than that. It made me laugh therefore I liked it. Perhaps it had more to do with the mood I was in when I first saw the episode.

I get why you don't like it, I guess it's just the utter hate you seem to have for the episode that caught me off guard.
Heh, yeah, well you know us men folk, we're emotional and all that. lol! Seriously though, I do get quite passionate about the things I like, in fact the best measure of how much I truly love the show, and how devoted I am to it, is the strength of my reaction to things like this. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. (Sounds circular, I know, but it's really not). At least you don't have to deal with me when it comes to football - pity my girlfriend, when I watch a game I lost all perspective, as well as volume control and my verbal filter. And if the Packers lose? Oh yes, there will be cussing...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Interesting discussion.

Well, I hated 4D myself, probably as much as the King and a number of other people I know. I've never made a secret of that. The minute it was over, I vowed to never watch it again, that's how bad I thought it was! (I would have made an exception if the DVD had a commentary; thank heaven it didn't!)

I have to admit I dislike farce intensely, and my taste in slapstick is pretty mild (I don't watch the Stooges, hated the concept behind Weekend at Bernie's, and this was barely a step above), so you can see where I come from there. Bones, however, was not meant to be a comedy, esp such a broad one--I believe in one of the companion books it was described as a drama with touches of dark humor (meaning not farce) and later was described as a dramedy by HH. So I feel justified in agreeing with Rob that this was not the way to go. The writing in S4 was all over the map, though, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised they dipped into this.

Well, you might have been taken aback by his reaction--or the strength of it at least--but it was pretty representative of the general opinion on a lot of fansites when it originally aired. This pretty much summed a lot of it up for me (combined with general disaffection with the continuity issues): [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
And that kind of intensity doesn't fade fast or easily.

queen

and yes, he really can be that arrogant...in case you were wondering. It's part of his charm.
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next