Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want Hart to Hear You?

+6
HermioneGirl101
MI_Bonesgirl
mommahurley
DONEWITHIT
elyon
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Want Hart to Hear You? - Page 2 Empty Re: Want Hart to Hear You?

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:39 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Now let's just hope TPTB do something about it. Although I'm
afraid they already have by bringing Hannah in. Evil or Very Mad

There is nothing to indicate that Hannah is anything more than a blip on the B&B radar screen. Let's just hope that the writers/producers see this.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:47 am

jro54 wrote:

There is nothing to indicate that Hannah is anything more than a blip on the B&B radar screen. Let's just hope that the writers/producers see this.

But what worries me is we DON'T know. It frustrates me and it pisses me off to no end. They have this storyline at a point where they really could go either way with it. And we haven't been given ANY indication that something positive will come out of this mess.
For instance-the Will They/Won't they needs to be resolved. Who's to say they haven't made their decision and WON'T THEY won out? Because right now that is the way it is looking.
I also know that they could pull it out in the end. The end of this arc, the end of the season, the end of the series. Who knows. But it's really driving me crazy. loco
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:02 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
jro54 wrote:

But what worries me is we DON'T know. It frustrates me and it pisses me off to no end. They have this storyline at a point where they really could go either way with it. And we haven't been given ANY indication that something positive will come out of this mess.
For instance-the Will They/Won't they needs to be resolved. Who's to say they haven't made their decision and WON'T THEY won out? Because right now that is the way it is looking.
I also know that they could pull it out in the end. The end of this arc, the end of the season, the end of the series. Who knows. But it's really driving me crazy. loco

Have a little faith. Hart has basically said that B&B will get together...and we all know that Hannah is destined to leave eventually.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:07 am

It will be interesting to see in the new promo tonight whether or not they put the B&B relationship stage center. If they do, that builds on the Fox Bones site thread pushing the 'will they or won't they' storyline. I still think that they wouldn't keep promoting this if they intended to slam the door in viewers' faces on the B&B front. It would be show suicide if they did. And that's logic not faith. So far this summer nothing has been revealed by TPTB that would generate any faith in their process.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:10 am

I'm sure they will...they always tease about B&B's relationship. I just wonder if they will be angsty, star-crossed lovers or "were back, baby!" Let's just hope the "eventually" is this season...
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:14 am

elyon wrote:It will be interesting to see in the new promo tonight whether or not they put the B&B relationship stage center. If they do, that builds on the Fox Bones site thread pushing the 'will they or won't they' storyline. I still think that they wouldn't keep promoting this if they intended to slam the door in viewers' faces on the B&B front. It would be show suicide if they did. And that's logic not faith. So far this summer nothing has been revealed by TPTB that would generate any faith in their process.

Just wanna point out that the producers/writers etc. have absolutely nothing to do with the promo's (which is why they are so often misleading) The network cuts the promo's so you can't really base what the season will be about by them.
But I agree with your point that the network wouldn't keep promoting the B/B ship if they didn't have some indication from the showrunners that that is where the show is heading.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:16 am

That's what I think too. The network must know generally where the show is heading and to keep promoting B&B when they know the show isn't going there would be terrifically counterproductive as far as the audience is concerned. Interesting, too, that House and Cuddy won best couple so an audience doesn't necessarily disappear when the leads get together.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 am

elyon wrote:That's what I think too. The network must know generally where the show is heading and to keep promoting B&B when they know the show isn't going there would be terrifically counterproductive as far as the audience is concerned. Interesting, too, that House and Cuddy won best couple so an audience doesn't necessarily disappear when the leads get together.
Hopefully, House's up and d own ratings last year, Bones declining ratings during that 8 EP arch at the end of the season, and these stellar awards will give TPTB a clue that keeping B&B apart is a REALLY bad idea and any plans to do so should be jettisoned IMMEDIATELY. Mad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:17 am

I don't trust the network. At all. That whole B&B will they/won't they? That is what they bank on. What they don't realize is that all of the teases with no intent to follow through is only serving to piss people off. Hart says he wants to go at least 8 seasons? Something better break THIS SEASON or there won't be an audience left come S8.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:25 am

elyon wrote:It will be interesting to see in the new promo tonight whether or not they put the B&B relationship stage center. If they do, that builds on the Fox Bones site thread pushing the 'will they or won't they' storyline. I still think that they wouldn't keep promoting this if they intended to slam the door in viewers' faces on the B&B front. It would be show suicide if they did. And that's logic not faith. So far this summer nothing has been revealed by TPTB that would generate any faith in their process.

They need to STOP with the will they/won't they crap and start with THEY WILL - and here's how it starts. Will they they/won't they is the BS viewers are sick of. Mad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:33 am

Will They/won't they lost it's appeal in S4. Looked like we were well on our way to WILL THEY in S5. Then the bastards pulled the rug out from under us. Evil or Very Mad
Now who knows what their plan is. Rolling Eyes
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:34 am

Couldn't agree more. Let's hope that Bones winning two 'you're doing the wrong thing' awards will register.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:40 am

elyon wrote:Couldn't agree more. Let's hope that Bones winning two 'you're doing the wrong thing' awards will register.

I'm not sure about that. Don't forget the 1st place for the couples who should break up. Wasn't it Booth and whoever he is dating or something like that? I think Hart was actually PROUD of that. Besides-how many times and how many people need to tell them they are doing the wrong thing? It's like that line from Booth to Brennan back in early S2 "My mouth moves and words come out, yet none seem to get across the drawbridge to the princess I know waits within"
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:49 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
elyon wrote:Couldn't agree more. Let's hope that Bones winning two 'you're doing the wrong thing' awards will register.

I'm not sure about that. Don't forget the 1st place for the couples who should break up. Wasn't it Booth and whoever he is dating or something like that? I think Hart was actually PROUD of that. Besides-how many times and how many people need to tell them they are doing the wrong thing? It's like that line from Booth to Brennan back in early S2 "My mouth moves and words come out, yet none seem to get across the drawbridge to the princess I know waits within"

He probably was. This thing that kills shows is not hatred or distaste for a storyline, it's apathy, from the perspective of the showrunners or network as long as people are talking about about your show, it's all good. That being said I think he also finds it amusing because he knows how it all ends, it's easy to be cheeky about things when you know how they work out.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:53 am

Only if this works out well for B&B this season. Otherwise the backlash is going to make last season look like a popularity contest. You can only tease so far before people get angry enough to quit on you or lose interest altogether.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 am

And once people get that pissed off-to the point where they no longer watch and no longer care-putting B&B together won't make a difference. Those viewers won't come crawling back.
I'm on the edge myself. If they keep this up much longer, I WILL end up in the looney bin with Zack. loco
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 am

treble21 wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:

He probably was. This thing that kills shows is not hatred or distaste for a storyline, it's apathy, from the perspective of the showrunners or network as long as people are talking about about your show, it's all good. That being said I think he also finds it amusing because he knows
how it all ends, it's easy to be cheeky about things when you know how they work out.

He also thinks that no viewers will watch even if they hate what's happening. Why change anything if people are just going to watch anyway? Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:03 am

Here's a tweet for Hart: Congrats on your 2010 Tubey awards - obviously 3.2 million views can't be wrong. Oh, wait, that was for WORST payoff? Nevermind. Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2