Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rewatched season 5 closer together... very different

+2
rexcat
gordongordonfan
6 posters

Go down

Rewatched season 5 closer together... very different Empty Rewatched season 5 closer together... very different

Post by gordongordonfan Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:28 am

Okay, I just rewatched season 5 all during the last couple weeks. I found that watching them much closer together (like I do when I rewatch older seasons) they actually flowed MUCH better to me than they did the first time around.

Yes, there's still tension after the 100th... but I found that when I wasn't waiting a week in between each episode (and dissecting it piece by piece each week as well LOL )... that the episodes and B/B's interactions still had a pretty good natural rhythm to them. I didn't feel this "distance" between them nearly as much as the first time around. Yes, they've "cooled off"... and yes the cases are a little weaker at the end... but I found that rewatching the season from start to finish made the last 8 episodes fit much better than I originally thought, if that makes sense!
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Rewatched season 5 closer together... very different Empty Re: Rewatched season 5 closer together... very different

Post by rexcat Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:16 pm

SOme fans from Australia mentioned that they didn't experience the let down the way we did after the hiatus because the only break they got was a Xmas break. There was no 2 month break. So, they didn't see any disconnect in the flow of the stories the way we did.
rexcat
rexcat
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Rewatched season 5 closer together... very different Empty Re: Rewatched season 5 closer together... very different

Post by gordongordonfan Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:18 pm

Yeah, I can definitely see that after rewatching the season. It's very different when you watch all the episodes closer together... Kinda surprised me in a good way! (And I had really liked season 5 anyway, but had felt a disconnect b/n earlier and the last 8 episodes that I no longer feel.)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:43 pm

I felt that way too because i watched it on Australian TV as well as along with the US airing. I never really thought it was that bad. Then... i don't usually dissect it much anyway so that probably helps.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rexcat Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:50 pm

future_anthro wrote:I felt that way too because i watched it on Australian TV as well as along with the US airing. I never really thought it was that bad. Then... i don't usually dissect it much anyway so that probably helps.
BTW, I love your avatar! Yummy!!!
rexcat
rexcat
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Haha, thanks but i can't take credit and i've totally forgotten where i found it Sad I've been using it in various places around the net since i found it just after the ep lol.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:11 am

Glad you posted this. It was the same thing for me with season four. I actually prefer to watch all shows on DVD close together. I feel like it changes your entire perspective of it when you get to see it back to back without having to wait.

Fox really had no choice with the winter olympics. I understand the hiatus. Most shows had them. But, it still sucked. I think a lot of the momentum was lost during the long break. At least for me. Especially mid season. It's like....expectations are super super high and can probably never be achieved.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Zygomatic Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 pm

I totally agree- I only started watching Bones from season 3 onward, so the first two seasons i watched back to back (probably literally in 3 weeks or so Razz ) so i def saw the difference between watchign in junks and watching week-to-week- I'm definetly going to watch s5 again back to back!!! great idea!
Zygomatic
Zygomatic
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:22 am

tinkrella wrote:Glad you posted this. It was the same thing for me with season four. I actually prefer to watch all shows on DVD close together. I feel like it changes your entire perspective of it when you get to see it back to back without having to wait.

Fox really had no choice with the winter olympics. I understand the hiatus. Most shows had them. But, it still sucked. I think a lot of the momentum was lost during the long break. At least for me. Especially mid season. It's like....expectations are super super high and can probably never be achieved.

I totally agree they always seem better once you marathon them together, and the more I watch them the more I find things to love even in episodes I didn't connect with at first
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down