Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split)

+24
tinge1990
SnoopGirl
future_anthro
Brain&Heart
ddc
i_heart_bones
HermioneGirl101
spectacularviews
katharine
Lyanna Stark
rexcat
Ankuuh
Murphs93
kat0505
treble21
joybrennan
MI_Bonesgirl
tinkrella
gordongordonfan
jsgemini
dreamerktm411
jro54
the beaver1965
elyon
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split)

Post by IDreamOfBones Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:36 am

jsgemini wrote:ED is a beautiful woman, but I agree with the wardrobe. I wrote this on another post but I'll repeat it here: I would love to see her return from Muluku with her eco-warrior look again. She is on a dig for a year so to come back and immediately return to wearing trench coats and housewife dresses from the fifties just wouldn't make sense.

I haven't seen season 5 yet (totally new to the Bones series, but love it nonetheless) but ughk, that's what they're dressing her like? Trench coats and housewife dresses just don't go with her character, she's not a crazy cat lady....
IDreamOfBones
IDreamOfBones

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-03

Back to top Go down

The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official ~ "I hope Brennan gets a new costume designer" thread (split)

Post by elyon Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:53 am

Cynthia Ann Summers took over the costume design for season 5 and basically threw Bobbie Read's wonderful costume playbook for Brennan out the window. Summers is Canadian from BC and I'm wondering if she's a friend of Hart's. Might be the reason things have changed so dramatically in the costume department.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:38 am

LOL maybe they do know each other both being in show business but it's equally possible that they don't , not all Canadians know one another Wink
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:41 am

That's true, Treble. They don't. I just hope they step up the fashion quotient for Brennan this season. It was really awful in season 5.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:21 am

elyon wrote:That's true, Treble. They don't. I just hope they step up the fashion quotient for Brennan this season. It was really awful in season 5.

Didn't Hart tweet just last week that he met with Bobbie Read re. Brennan's wardrobe? I may have been dreaming/wishing.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:46 am

I met last week with Bobbie Read for an article I'm writing on Hollywood costume design and we discussed the evolution or rather devolution of Brennan's outfits and then I tweeted Hart about it.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:53 am

elyon wrote:I met last week with Bobbie Read for an article I'm writing on Hollywood costume design and we discussed the evolution or rather devolution of Brennan's outfits and then I tweeted Hart about it.

Thanks for clarifying.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:26 am

Link to my design article and brief interview with current Bones designer Cynthia Summers. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:32 am

elyon wrote:Link to my design article and brief interview with current Bones designer Cynthia Summers. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I enjoyed your article; thanks for sharing it with us. You are a very kind, nice person for your treatment of Cynthia Summers whose total contribution to Bones (the show) is to "Ugly Up" (in Caroline's immortal words) a breath-takingly stunning woman; ED is so distinctive and so confident that she could be a reaffirmation to all of us who aren't 5'8", 100#, that individual style is a good thing. Instead ED looks like she shops at the second hand store of the local rescue mission.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:42 am

I also did an interview with Bobbie Read, who designed the first 3 seasons of Bones, my favorite costumes. When it is published, I'll post the link. I wish I could have made the Cynthia Summers interview part longer and put more in about the number of obstacles that she is dealing with in designing for Brennan &co but the article was on FIDM. Don't blame her completely. Bones has worn out three costume designers in 4 years which should tell you something.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:15 am

How cool that we have insider information. Thank you again!

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 am

Here's the link to my article including the interview with Bobbie Read.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:51 am

treble21 wrote:LOL maybe they do know each other both being in show business but it's equally possible that they don't , not all Canadians know one another Wink

Damn! (Er, I mean "DARN")... another long held belief blown to bits! LOL ... I suppose you're not all up there sharpening your iceskates preparing to invade either are you? [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

(I remember some stand up comic having a routine about that years ago and it always cracked me up... about how it was "too quiet" up in Canada and "they" were planning a night-time skating invasion over the great lakes) LMAO
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:03 am

gordongordonfan wrote:
treble21 wrote:LOL maybe they do know each other both being in show business but it's equally possible that they don't , not all Canadians know one another Wink

Damn! (Er, I mean "DARN")... another long held belief blown to bits! LOL ... I suppose you're not all up there sharpening your iceskates preparing to invade either are you? [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

(I remember some stand up comic having a routine about that years ago and it always cracked me up... about how it was "too quiet" up in Canada and "they" were planning a night-time skating invasion over the great lakes) LMAO

Uh oh! you're on to us!!! guess I'd better alert the elders so we can hitch up the dog sleds and start building igloos elsewhere Wink
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4