Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Six New Timeline

+6
bailey
Murphs93
treble21
MI_Bonesgirl
sadhbh
otismotis
10 posters

Go down

Season Six New Timeline Empty Season Six New Timeline

Post by otismotis Sat May 29, 2010 1:21 pm

I have been thinking about this and maybe overthinking. Bones, Booth gone for a year, meeting June 2011. So how will Season 6 start, will it be summer, fall, how will HH handle .....Thanksgiving, Xmas etc, Parker was around 7-8 during season 5, will he jumber to 10 in Season 6. Previous seasons were always in real or current timeframe or am I overthinking this way too much.

My thinking is they will be back before a year, some case comes up or something happens to bring them back early. It will be interesting to see how HH handles this. Don't they start back in late June?
otismotis
otismotis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Season Six New Timeline Empty Re: Season Six New Timeline

Post by sadhbh Sat May 29, 2010 11:10 pm

otismotis wrote:I have been thinking about this and maybe overthinking. Bones, Booth gone for a year, meeting June 2011. So how will Season 6 start, will it be summer, fall, how will HH handle .....Thanksgiving, Xmas etc, Parker was around 7-8 during season 5, will he jumber to 10 in Season 6. Previous seasons were always in real or current timeframe or am I overthinking this way too much.

My thinking is they will be back before a year, some case comes up or something happens to bring them back early. It will be interesting to see how HH handles this. Don't they start back in late June?

I dunno. Pure specualtion here, I am spoiler free (are there even any spoilers out for the next series yet?) but I really wouldn't put it past them to skip forward a whole year + summer or something. Then we'd be magically back at the beginning of September. They've usually acknowledged the passage of time. It would be strange for them to start ignoring it entirely now. I really woulnd't put it past them to have some major time jump inconsistencies though.

Think Parker was around 9/10 this series. In the boy with the answers didn't Booth make reference to a 10 year old like Parker biting the hand of an assailant? I think they started Parker off at around 4 in the first series, so it's not too big a leap. I do hope they keep the same actor playing him though, he's just so darn cute!
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 2966
Say What You Want : Must. Resist. Spoilers!!
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat May 29, 2010 11:51 pm

I don't think Parker will be an issue, I don't know how old Ty is, but he looks older than what Parker is supposed to be.

ETA-Ty's Bday is 4-19-99. So he's 11. A time jump for Parker is not relevant, so we shouldn't have to worry about that character being recast.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun May 30, 2010 3:21 am

yes most of the season tend seem to adhere to a one year time frame ( given that parker ages every year) but I don't think that they have ever specifically stated what year it is in "bones land" so skipping a year should be a moot point, for all we know they are a year behind us to begin with and now they're just catching up. I think they are going to skip a year, but that's just my opinion.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Sun May 30, 2010 7:32 am

Are they a year behind?! I never knew that...someone explain please!

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sun May 30, 2010 7:44 am

Murphs93 wrote:Are they a year behind?! I never knew that...someone explain please!

I think you misunderstood. Treble was just saying it's possible that they are currently a year behind "real time", and this time jump will catch them up to the current time as of fall 2010.

They never say what year it is in any particular episode, so really this time jump is kinda irrelevant as far as to what "year" that Booth and Bones spend apart, IMO. The only thing we need to know is that exactly one year will pass in between the finale and the premiere of season 6. I don't really think it matters if the year they skip is 2010 or 2009 or 2011.

I highly doubt this time jump will ever be mentioned as far as someone on the show saying something like "it's 2011." It really just isn't neccesary.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Sun May 30, 2010 4:04 pm

yeah i've wondered the same thing too... it would be interesting to know just to satisfy our own curiousity, but i dont think it will have an effect at all. if it was like a 9 monte time jump that might be a little different because of the christmas episodes that they tend to do... but if its a full year it wont make a difference and like others have said, we never actually knew what the date was, like no references were really made to time and date apart from how long ago someone died type thing.
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Sun May 30, 2010 11:01 pm

bailey wrote:
Murphs93 wrote:Are they a year behind?! I never knew that...someone explain please!

I think you misunderstood. Treble was just saying it's possible that they are currently a year behind "real time", and this time jump will catch them up to the current time as of fall 2010.

They never say what year it is in any particular episode, so really this time jump is kinda irrelevant as far as to what "year" that Booth and Bones spend apart, IMO. The only thing we need to know is that exactly one year will pass in between the finale and the premiere of season 6. I don't really think it matters if the year they skip is 2010 or 2009 or 2011.

I highly doubt this time jump will ever be mentioned as far as someone on the show saying something like "it's 2011." It really just isn't neccesary.

Ahh right I understand. Thanks!

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by thatgirl61 Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:19 am

In Death of the Queen Bee the year book said 1994 and its 15 years later which makes that episode in the year 2009. Season 6 will then start with the time jump to where we are now 2010.

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:24 am

thatgirl61 wrote:In Death of the Queen Bee the year book said 1994 and its 15 years later which makes that episode in the year 2009. Season 6 will then start with the time jump to where we are now 2010.

you know that never occured to me, you're right, we were all caught up with it being a continuity error that it never occured to us ( or me anyway) that was the writers way of saying that it was 2009 in "Bones-verse" not 2010....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by thatgirl61 Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:53 am

I know. I remember when everyone thought it was a mistake,myself included.

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:44 am

I have noticed this for a while. The show does not follow along an exact time line. A season is not necessarily exactly one year in BonesWorld, and each episode isn't regular intervals apart. There are a lot of references to indicate that, even in the beginning of the series.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:17 pm

I also don't thing "what year it is" is going to matter... it's just gonna be 1 year from last episode etc... and after the first episode or two won't even be mentioned much.

I thought of the reunion thing too... but remember there are some occassions where schools have reunions "around" the time of the 15 / 20/ 30 year mark etc, and not always at exact year. (Either for scheduling reasons, to combine reunions with other class years etc...)... So who knows if even this is significant. [Only admins are allowed to see this image] Either way I agree with all those who said it shouldn't be an issue.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down