Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple B/B shipper poll

+7
nati.cba
katharine
CanadianBones
bones_fanatic19
future_anthro
THX1138
SJB
11 posters

Go down

Are you a B&B shipper?

Simple B/B shipper poll Vote_lcap93%Simple B/B shipper poll Vote_rcap 93% 
[ 98 ]
Simple B/B shipper poll Vote_lcap3%Simple B/B shipper poll Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Simple B/B shipper poll Vote_lcap4%Simple B/B shipper poll Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 105

Simple B/B shipper poll Empty Simple B/B shipper poll

Post by SJB Sat May 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Just for my own personal interest!
Wondering how many on here are B/B shippers.

Do you really want them to get together as a couple?

(Edited out the 'desperately' out of the question, it probably was a bit too strong a word to use Smile )

Last edited by SJB on Sat May 22, 2010 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
SJB
SJB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Simple B/B shipper poll Empty Re: Simple B/B shipper poll

Post by THX1138 Sat May 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Desperate is, perhaps, too strong a word. I think it's an organic process. My problem with the direction the show's taken is that it's becoming increasingly unbelievable that they AREN'T together already and every new "obstacle" put in their path seems even more contrived than the last. It's actually getting harder and harder to be a B&B shipper IMO, but I'll persist as long as I can.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sat May 22, 2010 9:07 pm

THX1138 wrote:Desperate is, perhaps, too strong a word. I think it's an organic process. My problem with the direction the show's taken is that it's becoming increasingly unbelievable that they AREN'T together already and every new "obstacle" put in their path seems even more contrived than the last. It's actually getting harder and harder to be a B&B shipper IMO, but I'll persist as long as I can.

king RM
Took the words right out of my mouth Smile
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sat May 22, 2010 9:49 pm

THX1138 wrote:Desperate is, perhaps, too strong a word. I think it's an organic process. My problem with the direction the show's taken is that it's becoming increasingly unbelievable that they AREN'T together already and every new "obstacle" put in their path seems even more contrived than the last. It's actually getting harder and harder to be a B&B shipper IMO, but I'll persist as long as I can.

king RM

Well said Very Happy
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat May 22, 2010 10:19 pm

I agree, 'desparate' is a little strong; I'm enjoying their journey and look forward to when it naturally happens.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun May 23, 2010 12:34 am

CanadianBones wrote:I agree, 'desparate' is a little strong; I'm enjoying their journey and look forward to when it naturally happens.
I've given up on that, if it were to happen naturally it would have happened last season around Cinderella. Nope, now I'm just waiting for it to happen on Harts timetable.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sun May 23, 2010 2:02 am

THX1138 wrote:
CanadianBones wrote:I agree, 'desparate' is a little strong; I'm enjoying their journey and look forward to when it naturally happens.
I've given up on that, if it were to happen naturally it would have happened last season around Cinderella. Nope, now I'm just waiting for it to happen on Harts timetable.

king RM

The problem with that is Hart and Fox's timetable is about 2 years from now. I totally agree with you. I want a natural organic commitment for them and there, my friends, we have missed the boat.
I know you all think we are negative and poo pooing (not a real word) Hart's process, we're really not. We're probably thinking with logic and emotion.
Anyone can see that, yes, there has been character developement and change in a very good way.
But they opened a door with the 100th episode ( and really way before that) then they also slammed closed on us. Yeah, yeah, yeah, she needs time, as a scientist she can't change - no as a woman she can't see has already changed.
I think what irritates me the most, and believe me I say that in a loving manner, is that like you said, the ship passed a natural procession of two people finding each other and confessing their feelings. We now have two people that have unbelievably ridiculous obstacles. I know I will feel that even more when in September Booth returns with a "SO".
I read Marisa and Michael's posts and folks that's where all signs lead. I know September is a long way off (well July for them really), but you know as sure as I am typing that's what's gonna happen.
I want them together as a couple because I think they have great potential for some well written stories, because as actors they have great chemistry. But I know deep down it's never gonna happen. So fine, let them move on, once and for all.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Sun May 23, 2010 2:32 am

katharine wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM

The problem with that is Hart and Fox's timetable is about 2 years from now. I totally agree with you. I want a natural organic commitment for them and there, my friends, we have missed the boat.
I know you all think we are negative and poo pooing (not a real word) Hart's process, we're really not. We're probably thinking with logic and emotion.
Anyone can see that, yes, there has been character developement and change in a very good way.
But they opened a door with the 100th episode ( and really way before that) then they also slammed closed on us. Yeah, yeah, yeah, she needs time, as a scientist she can't change - no as a woman she can't see has already changed.
I think what irritates me the most, and believe me I say that in a loving manner, is that like you said, the ship passed a natural procession of two people finding each other and confessing their feelings. We now have two people that have unbelievably ridiculous obstacles. I know I will feel that even more when in September Booth returns with a "SO".
I read Marisa and Michael's posts and folks that's where all signs lead. I know September is a long way off (well July for them really), but you know as sure as I am typing that's what's gonna happen.
I want them together as a couple because I think they have great potential for some well written stories, because as actors they have great chemistry. But I know deep down it's never gonna happen. So fine, let them move on, once and for all.

I think that Booth coming back with a "so" is a great potential for Brennan to work on getting his love back. And that would be pretty awesome and worth to seeing. I think that if she comes back having made her mind of giving them a chance, but he comes back with somebody else... "old Brennan" would be dissappointed, blame it to the fact that "everybody leaves and dissappoints her" and finally move on to be what she was before. But "new Brennan", a Brennan that has finally realized what Booth means to her, that Brennan would try to get him back. And folks, that'd be the best!!! But of course, HH and co are unpredictable, and just to make the show go on for another 2 or 3 years they could come up with a lot of crap. Anyway, September is very very far away!
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Simple B/B shipper poll Empty Who are Marisa and Michael?

Post by Pat Sun May 23, 2010 2:57 am

I want them together as a couple because I think they have great potential for some well written stories, because as actors they have great chemistry. But I know deep down it's never gonna happen. So fine, let them move on, once and for all.[/quote]

OH NO! Please tell me who Marisa and Michael are?

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sun May 23, 2010 3:57 am

THX1138 wrote:
CanadianBones wrote:I agree, 'desperate' is a little strong; I'm enjoying their journey and look forward to when it naturally happens.

king RM

I don't want B&B to get together because of complaints and so the network forces HH to get them together for ratings or something...that would be very unsatisfying and fake. I don't think Brennan wasn't in love with Booth last season, but I'm not sure she was ready to say that out loud. She doesn't say things just to say them. I don't see their separation as a bad thing. Both know how the other feels, its just a matter of when - whether it is in the season premiere or it is in another year from now we have to wait and see. To me nothing really seems out of character for them...maybe I've missed something. Brennan is trying to sort her feelings out, she told him not to be a hero aka please don't get hurt (obviously it is something you can't guarantee in a war zone). Booth knows if he pushes Bones too hard she might just walk away, like in the 100th. She has to be the one to make the next move. I think Bones would still work with them together and it is working without them together. I don't even know if I am being clear or completely missing your argument, basically to me what it comes down to is that I trust Hart and his team and I will let them tell the story. I watch Bones for everything it has to offer and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. To me it all makes sense. I'm along for the entire ride until the show ends regardless of what happens.

It is very interesting how everyone sees/interprets things differently, it's almost like people watch two different shows.

In general I'm not the type of person that necessarily reads between the lines very well, like in English I didn't do well with all the metaphors, similes etc. So perhaps I have missed something over the years of Bones with regards to character development. I don't always see what looks/thoughts/actions B&B give/do/say to each other beyond their face value. Some of the stuff I pick up on, some I don't. I am always interested in reading people's analysis of the show whether through reading posts on here or through podcasts because then I am able to pick up on some subtle things I missed.

i think I may have gone on a few tangents here.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun May 23, 2010 6:20 am

Ok-this might be long winded...
Am I a shipper? Yes. Do I think that ship has sailed? Absolutely.
It's been 5 years. 6 that B&B have known each other. We all know Booth loves Brennan. If these were real people they would have pursued a real relationship in season 3. But because this is a TV show and TPTB are chicken shits they continue to have them dance around each other. I REALLY thought season 5 would be it. I thought for sure Hart put himself in a position to move them forward that he couldn't back them out of. Boy was I wrong. I loved the 100th ep. And I understood why Brennan said what she said at the time. Since then my opinions have drastically changed. I still believe Booth is somewhat in love with Brennan. Probably not as much since she rejected him and he has made a conscious decision to move on. He knows he has to get over her. I THOUGHT Brennan was in love with Booth. I believed that up to the finale. The way that ended-when she told Hodgins she loved him, and couldn't even so much as hug Booth? Right now I believe she feels nothing for him past best friend/partner. The looks? The actions? I call BS. Emily is an amazing actress who has put her heart and soul into that character. Brennan however is unable to go down that road. She has never had a problem pursuing men in the past. If she wanted Booth she would have made that obvious. I just can't read anymore into looks and actions, without some hard solid evidence of Brennan at least admitting to herself that she has more than friendship feelings for him. THAT is what I was looking for in the finale and that is what we did not get.
I just think, at this point, if Hart hasn't made and effort to put them together he never will. He's a smart man. He knows his audience is mostly made up of B&B shippers. He may have a plan to get them together-in the very last episode of the series, just to please the shippers. But he isn't going to come out and say he will never put them together, for fear of losing his entire fanbase. Honestly at this point, I'd rather he quit stringing along the fans, quit with the B&B teases of a romantic relationship, forget about the will they/won't they crap and focus back on the writing and the story telling.
Point in case-Hodgela. The one REAL couple on the show and what do we get? A rush wedding and them running off to Paris for a year. We will miss the entire 1st year of their marriage. So if we can't even get a good Hodgela story-why does anyone think we will EVER get to see a real B&B romantic relationship?
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun May 23, 2010 6:32 am

I'm still a shipper. I don't think I could ever completely give up hope on B&B.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun May 23, 2010 10:50 am

katharine wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM

Yeah, all of the above. I haven't read Marisa and Michael's posts, and haven't thought about what will happen when they come back. Why? Because the 100th to the finale have now turned "Bones" into the "Perils of Penelope" - plot driven instead of character driven. Hence, people are now talking about what obstacle will keeo them apart, not about character development that organically leads to an action. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE OBSTACLE IS OR WHERE IT COMES FROM. Sad I was willing to by the end of 4 into 5 because unlike when he'd been shot, Brennan had grown enough to break through her personal denial about being in love with Booth. She spent most of season 5 dealing with what that meant, and getting comfortable with it. Her final statement of "Booth has made me believe that love is possible." sums up all that she's processed thus far. Then the 100th happened. Shocked She freaks out, and Booth immediately gives up? scratch Booth, who's come to read her like a book and has talked her off of MANY ledges, gives up. Suspect Yeah, okay, whatever. Yet, at the end of the finale Booth is back to knowing how she feels and getting her to promise to meet in a year. Yep, he's given up. Rolling Eyes We have entered into the world of "make the plot work."

So, now, it's clear to me HH and Co. will only put them together when he knows the show isn't getting renewed. Really sad, because if he'd let the characters develop and move into what he'd set up, not getting renewed would take a VERY, VERY, long time. Puppets jumping through the same old hoops, not interesting, not interested. I WILL tune in when he gets them together - just to see David and Emily do that. However, I don't need to see anything else that happens up to that point because all the reasons and history of why they are ready to be together have been put in place already. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by joybrennan on Sun May 23, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : small changes.)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sun May 23, 2010 11:24 pm

since when did these marisa and michael people become the law of Bones...like who the hell are they? Are they even affiliated with the show? or are they just people who "know" what is going to happen.

how do you know Fox/HH has it in their timetable to get them together in 2 years?

Also katharine -
Spoiler:
which perhaps might be considered spoilery?? Who knows this for sure, Season 6 hasn't aired yet?

Brennan however is unable to go down that road. She has never had a problem pursuing men in the past. If she wanted Booth she would have made that obvious.

yes usually to release biological urges...maybe she's finding it hard to pursue Booth because she knows it will have to be for more than biological urges.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon May 24, 2010 4:49 am

CanadianBones wrote:since when did these marisa and michael people become the law of Bones...like who the hell are they? Are they even affiliated with the show? or are they just people who "know" what is going to happen.
I don't know who they are. I just find it sad that Bones fans have been reduced to having to guess what obstacle HH & Co. will throw between them next instead of who B&B are.

Brennan however is unable to go down that road. She has never had a problem pursuing men in the past. If she wanted Booth she would have made that obvious.

yes usually to release biological urges...maybe she's finding it hard to pursue Booth because she knows it will have to be for more than biological urges.
Honestly, the only reason they aren't together is the writers. They spent most of season 5 showing Brennan opening to love, accepting her need of people and not wanting to be alone, and then the 100th happened. The woman who's learned to open up to Booth can't say "this scares me." The man who knows her inside and out can't tell she's terrified. In terms of the characters' development up to this point, those actions make no sense - even though ED and DB made the moment real and sad. People have said, "You expected her to fall into Booth's arms?" No, I didn't expect her to dive right in, but she was more than ready to get her feet wet.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down