Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HH tweets~ reassurances

+15
Groovycathers
Murphs93
booth fan
sera
grlwithcrlz
Bonesicted
otismotis
jro54
olivia
heirofloki
mereva
DONEWITHIT
recoveringbonesaddict
anteater
treble21
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HH tweets~ reassurances Empty HH tweets~ reassurances

Post by treble21 Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Fan: After seeing the 100th ep. and expressing outrage and then recieving explanations I am comfortable in saying that you guys... at Bones only want to prolong the inevitable. But then a horrible thought occurred to me. What if Booth and Brennan are... destined to only ever be together in fan's imaginations? Could you give me, and the rest of Bones fans some reasurrance? Thanks.

Hart Hanson: The whole SERIES should be a reassurance! How many hints do I have to drop?

LOL apparently the only "hint" that would work for some people , would be some quality B/B time up against a wall......

Ok so this is like at least twice in 2 weeks HH has basically said that B/B are eventually going to end up together ( I think?) , question is .... should we believe him?
personally I believe him on the eventually, because for me this show is about personal growth and I just can't see the point of the show if B/B never get together. my question is more the when is it going to happen.

(Is it wrong that while I'm prepared for it not to happen, I'm still hoping for a wicked B/B ending to this season??)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

HH tweets~ reassurances Empty Re: HH tweets~ reassurances

Post by anteater Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:42 pm

treble21 wrote:Fan: After seeing the 100th ep. and expressing outrage and then recieving explanations I am comfortable in saying that you guys... at Bones only want to prolong the inevitable. But then a horrible thought occurred to me. What if Booth and Brennan are... destined to only ever be together in fan's imaginations? Could you give me, and the rest of Bones fans some reasurrance? Thanks.

Hart Hanson: The whole SERIES should be a reassurance! How many hints do I have to drop?

LOL apparently the only "hint" that would work for some people , would be some quality B/B time up against a wall......

So I was going to read the rest of your response but I got distracted...
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:06 pm

After last year's finale and how he misled us with his cryptic promises about the "deed", I do not believe anything Hart says. When Hart says that B&B will "eventually" get together, my suspicious mind immediately wants him to tell us what is his definition of "eventually". Does "eventually" mean the end of the series, sometime next season, or this year's finale? When you make comments you do not intend to keep or comments that are clearly meant to confuse the viewer, you are disrespecting your audience. We may disagree with you on the direction of the show, but we certainly don't want to be deceived.

Hart should realize that the most important thing a show runner can do for his show is to respect the viewers. The viewers ultimately hold the key to the shows future. If you continue to deceive them, they will abandon you.

In this tweet, Hart's reassurance is "The whole Series". Again, my suspicious mind wants to break down "The whole Series" comment.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:09 pm

treble21 wrote:Fan: After seeing the 100th ep. and expressing outrage and then recieving explanations I am comfortable in saying that you guys... at Bones only want to prolong the inevitable. But then a horrible thought occurred to me. What if Booth and Brennan are... destined to only ever be together in fan's imaginations? Could you give me, and the rest of Bones fans some reasurrance? Thanks.

Ok so this is like at least twice in 2 weeks HH has basically said that B/B are eventually going to end up together ( I think?) , question is .... should we believe him?
personally I believe him on the eventually, because for me this show is about personal growth and I just can't see the point of the show if B/B never get together. my question is more the when is it going to happen.

(Is it wrong that while I'm prepared for it not to happen, I'm still hoping for a wicked B/B ending to this season??)

the whole series should be a reassurance? I need a dictionary urgent cause my definition of reassurance by no means reflects what i am feeling ... I do not believe him, as far as I am concerned HH has no idea how to "reassure" me makemyday
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:26 pm

The whole series should be a reassurance? Seriously? And what would that mean with 7 or even 8 confirmed seasons? Another 2-3 years of will they/won't they?!?!
AAAAAAAAA![Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:26 am

Agree and agree. With the addition of more seasons to the rooster they might have to prolong things (though I hope not too much 'cause, can you say 'JAG'?), but there really is no point if they don't end up together. Narratively speaking, the series is reassurance.

I wouldn't, however, put my money on things happening any time soon. Maybe next season. Maybe -if by then they feel they've found something to replace the will/won't they ambivalence (let's be honest, some fans would lose interest if they got together. I say this because I've been told so by those fans).

I just hope this fandom won't turn into the CSI fandom while we wait. The reason I stopped getting into that show was all the sniping and fighting and horror that went around in cyber-waves. I don't wanna deal with that here.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:23 am

I assumed what he meant about the whole series being a hint was the UST laden stares, their surrogate relationship ( I mean really the only thing missing is sex), as well as all the little things they throw in ( like the quote on the wall at the end of the 100th). Oh and the fact that Booth admitted he loved her in Harbingers. I don't believe HH about them getting together because he's HH, I believe him because he's right, the overwhelming evidence in the show is that B/B will eventually get together. Like I said in my original post, the question really is when?
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:32 am

^^^ I agree with you treble, I only hope that they realize waiting too long could back fire on them...

olivia
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 271
Say What You Want : Where's the Buck Moosejaw I married?
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:45 am

With all of HH's hints, I have no doubt that B&B will end up together eventually. And don't care if we have to wait 2-3 years for them to get together because I'm more interested in how they get together, after what happened in the 100th. The whole point to the show is not for them to just run off together, get married and live happily ever after, it's about their relationship and how it grows and develops. I think the could still successful if they did put B&B together, but they would still have some obstacles to get through and they wouldn't permanently get together, like get married and sail off into the sunset, until the series finale.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:42 am

He gave us 'hints' last season... and the season before that... and before that... And we, the naive and good-natured fans, all thought: ok, it didn't happen in this season but in the next one HH will surely put them together, it so will happen... Remember "A day ago? A year ago?" Oh, they'll be together by the end of the next season!.. AHA. A likely story. I know the words by heart now and won't believe anything he tells until I actually see it on TV. And all those "eventually" and "be patient", "be positive" or "have faith in TPTB/HH/SN" are not enough and don't work for me anymore.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by otismotis Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:07 am

I wonder if HH thought he would get such a response from the 100th episode. I am die hard and will stick with Bones and the writing until the end whenever that may be. Having watched since the beginning, my take is this. Booth started to realize he had some sort of romantic feelings towards Bones after the Sully deal. Then of course the big writers strike happened in Season 3, which I believe threw a royal monkey wrench into everything.....the remaining episodes, trying to tie up loose ends etc, all the while Booth's feelings growing stronger and Bones starting to realize her own feelings. In Season 4 it was evident to me that Booth was in love with Bones and Bones.....not sure what HH and the writers were doing with her character in some of the episodes, but by the end, I believe she was in love with Booth, just in denial, and here we are in Season 5, which I think is going to be a real cliffie for the ending season.
otismotis
otismotis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:38 am

For my own sake I've decided not to (or at least TRY not to) take too much notice of HH & co hints and teasing from now on. Wink I'll also try not to have any expectations at all when it comes to what'll happen in the finale.

I too believe B&B will get together eventually. The "if" question is not worrying me, if anything worries me is more the "when" question.

Personaly I'd find it interesting to see how Brennan adjust to dating Booth and the next step, i.e. get into a serious relationship with him. I'm sure there could occur funny, witty etc moments from that. I don't need them having sex or getting married right away or anything like that, but at least start dating EACH OTHER (and not other people) and start taking at least baby steps in the right direction. Get to know each other as more than just partners and best friends.

Not that HH & co would ever care what I think, but still... Wink
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:44 am

otismotis wrote:I wonder if HH thought he would get such a response from the 100th episode. I am die hard and will stick with Bones and the writing until the end whenever that may be. Having watched since the beginning, my take is this. Booth started to realize he had some sort of romantic feelings towards Bones after the Sully deal. Then of course the big writers strike happened in Season 3, which I believe threw a royal monkey wrench into everything.....the remaining episodes, trying to tie up loose ends etc, all the while Booth's feelings growing stronger and Bones starting to realize her own feelings. In Season 4 it was evident to me that Booth was in love with Bones and Bones.....not sure what HH and the writers were doing with her character in some of the episodes, but by the end, I believe she was in love with Booth, just in denial, and here we are in Season 5, which I think is going to be a real cliffie for the ending season.

The only thing that will stop me from watching Bones is if either DB or ED leaves the show, other than that I'll continue watching until the very end. I'm way too hooked to the show (and not only to the B&B UST). Smile

What you write abt Brennan in the end of S4 was in love with Booth but being in denial (maybe she doesn't know how it feels to truely love someone even?), well I totaly agree with you. I mean she wrote the book/story and why would she do that if she didn't have those feelings for him? Smile
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

HH tweets~ reassurances Empty Is the word "rough" a clue?

Post by grlwithcrlz Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Hello all. I am a new poster but have been reading for awhile. The upcoming Bones Finale has however brought me out of lurking mode. Very Happy

I don't know why, but I keep thinking back to a recent interview with David and his comment about filming the season 5 finale being "rough" and later on in another interview what seemed to be Emily's surprise of his word choice. I think she said something like "rough?, I am not sure it was rough... maybe it could of been more rough..." It just seemed odd to me that she seemed confused. So it's been nagging at me, and then it dawned on me, what if David was using the actual word "rough" as a clue. Didn't he use the word "rough" when describing last year's finale sex scene? (I believe his hockey team lost an important game and he was mad so he said that he played it a little rougher than expected.) Anyway, I am thinking him using that word is a hint to us that B&B will end up in bed together at the end of this season. Hope I am making sense... Smile

grlwithcrlz

Number of posts : 3
Say What You Want : Canadian living in USA and loves everything BONES!
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:06 pm

I'm honestly quite baffled as to how clueless some Bones fans are xD They will end up together. Hart is right. How more blatant can they be without having them hook up straight away? Golly. We know where the relationship will end up, everyone needs to stop freaking out every time their relationship hits a snag. Refusing to watch an episode because Booth get a new love interest? Isn't it interesting to watch how it unfolds and ultimately fails? We know Booth and Brennan will get together. No one told us that they would get together by any season before. We're misleading ourselves and being disappointed by our own promises of what will happen. We make assumptions based on what Hart says, so it's our own fault when our own assumptions aren't realised. We get ourselves worked up and we blame writers for failing to deliver promises we made to ourselves.
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by booth fan Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:43 pm

jro54 wrote:With all of HH's hints, I have no doubt that B&B will end up together eventually. And don't care if we have to wait 2-3 years for them to get together because I'm more interested in how they get together, after what happened in the 100th. The whole point to the show is not for them to just run off together, get married and live happily ever after, it's about their relationship and how it grows and develops. I think the could still successful if they did put B&B together, but they would still have some obstacles to get through and they wouldn't permanently get together, like get married and sail off into the sunset, until the series finale.

I agree lets be honest if they got together and everything was okay then we would probably lose interest after awhile I like the scene like in the latest episode where they knew that they weren't together but pretended to be married those are cute moments that keep people going look how good they would be together. I love seeing how they develop and not necessarily just getting them together.
booth fan
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:29 pm

booth fan wrote:
jro54 wrote:With all of HH's hints, I have no doubt that B&B will end up together eventually. And don't care if we have to wait 2-3 years for them to get together because I'm more interested in how they get together, after what happened in the 100th. The whole point to the show is not for them to just run off together, get married and live happily ever after, it's about their relationship and how it grows and develops. I think the could still successful if they did put B&B together, but they would still have some obstacles to get through and they wouldn't permanently get together, like get married and sail off into the sunset, until the series finale.

I agree lets be honest if they got together and everything was okay then we would probably lose interest after awhile I like the scene like in the latest episode where they knew that they weren't together but pretended to be married those are cute moments that keep people going look how good they would be together. I love seeing how they develop and not necessarily just getting them together.

I disagree. B&B are a couple already who just haven't acknowledge to themselves and each other of the status. The sex and intimacy are also absent. You can still have the same show, but the only difference is that B&B will be more intimate.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:35 pm

grlwithcrlz wrote:Hello all. I am a new poster but have been reading for awhile. The upcoming Bones Finale has however brought me out of lurking mode. Very Happy

I don't know why, but I keep thinking back to a recent interview with David and his comment about filming the season 5 finale being "rough" and later on in another interview what seemed to be Emily's surprise of his word choice. I think she said something like "rough?, I am not sure it was rough... maybe it could of been more rough..." It just seemed odd to me that she seemed confused. So it's been nagging at me, and then it dawned on me, what if David was using the actual word "rough" as a clue. Didn't he use the word "rough" when describing last year's finale sex scene? (I believe his hockey team lost an important game and he was mad so he said that he played it a little rougher than expected.) Anyway, I am thinking him using that word is a hint to us that B&B will end up in bed together at the end of this season. Hope I am making sense... Smile
First of all: Welcome to the forum! Smile

I read that interview with DB and the article actually said that he had said "...it was very moving. It was hard to get through..."
Source: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

In an interview at the 100th episode party an interviewer (I've forgotten who made the interview) asked ED: "David has been saying that it was a very very very rough thing for him to do. To film that last scene. I assume you're also in that last scene in the season finale. How was that for you to film?"
ED's answer was: "I don't know if it was rough. I mean maybe it should've been rougher. I don't know. I mean, it's...it's definitly...there's an intensity to it. For sure. And I think it's a big big thing for them."
Source: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

However, I think DB likes to play with our heads a bit (HH has said on Twitter DB's a joker and teaser). I'm NOT saying he's lying! just that he might twist the words a bit to get us all wondering "what can that mean?". Smile
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:44 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:
booth fan wrote:

I disagree. B&B are a couple already who just haven't acknowledge to themselves and each other of the status. The sex and intimacy are also absent. You can still have the same show, but the only difference is that B&B will be more intimate.

But if that's the case and the show will be the same, then the intimacy shouldn't be necessary anyway. I'm also happy seeing them not get together just yet. Otherwise the show really will be about Booth and Brennan and how their personal lives are going. Let's face it, we'll just be squealing over every single moment, and I don't think I could take it. Besides, there's really nowhere to go from there. I really don't see any potential going down the happy path so soon. I feel that delving into their relationship and the possibility of marriage or children or even just living together is too domestic an idea to keep people interested. It's like a bad sequel where we have the couple who have found each other, and now have to deal with the lunacy of life together. It's too comfortable and tired. So I for one am glad that they have changed the dynamic organically. I know it's taken longer than humanly possible for them to get to the stage of admitting their attraction , but it would be ridiculous to have such a long wait only to get them together in one episode. It wouldn't make sense to draw it out only to have them admit their love and become a couple instantly. How would something so simple justify the wait we've had to endure?
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:14 pm

sera wrote:. It wouldn't make sense to draw it out only to have them admit their love and become a couple instantly. How would something so simple justify the wait we've had to endure?

It has been drawn out already. To prolong the inevitable just makes the show less interesting. Change is good, and as any good anthropologist will tell you Evolution is a fact of life.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:18 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:To prolong the inevitable just makes the show less interesting.
EXACTLY. It's getting boring.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:24 am

Tbh what else can Hart Hanson say? Say they go for 8 seasons, they won't have them all planned out. Eventually is all he really can say. If he does know when/how B&B will get together, he's not going to say anything definite because, this is his show that people work hard on and I think he would much rather people watch it happen as it happens and be surprised.

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:39 am

sera wrote:. It wouldn't make sense to draw it out only to have them admit their love and become a couple instantly. How would something so simple justify the wait we've had to endure?

It has been drawn out already. To prolong the inevitable just makes the show less interesting. Change is good, and as any good anthropologist will tell you Evolution is a fact of life.

It all depends on how you envision their relationship to pan out. If people believe that the first step is to be attracted, and the second step is to get together, then it does seem to be drawn out doesn't it? All you're waiting for is the passionate coming together scene with lots of shipper moments. But that's not what the relationship is about. They've taken little steps in their relationship (understanding the pros and cons of each other, trusting each other with personal information, trusting each other with their lives, dealing with the possibility of not ending up together), these facets of the relationship have been growing quite smoothly. The cast have already said that Booth and Brennan are already together, they just haven't consummated. We've just been too stuck on seeing them admit their love for each other by society's conventions.
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Groovycathers Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:03 am

sera wrote:

It all depends on how you envision their relationship to pan out. If people believe that the first step is to be attracted, and the second step is to get together, then it does seem to be drawn out doesn't it? All you're waiting for is the passionate coming together scene with lots of shipper moments. But that's not what the relationship is about. They've taken little steps in their relationship (understanding the pros and cons of each other, trusting each other with personal information, trusting each other with their lives, dealing with the possibility of not ending up together), these facets of the relationship have been growing quite smoothly. The cast have already said that Booth and Brennan are already together, they just haven't consummated. We've just been too stuck on seeing them admit their love for each other by society's conventions.

Cards on the table from me - I'm in the "Get'em together already" camp.

I'm afraid I completely disagree with Sera - I've had enough of the skirting around, all this "they are already together" nonsense - this is not a full relationship in the way the vast majority of shippers/fans expect - we need sex (insinuated is fine, don't have to see the full hardcore action) - what I REALLY want to see is Brennan say "I love you" to Booth (critical path), and for them to have a big fat snog. Also some very fluffy nuzzling would go down well with me. I like cute and soppy and I could watch them do it all day. Trust me. I could squeeee all day with no guilt.

I'm sorry, but bollocks to your
"We've just been too stuck on seeing them admit their love for each other by society's conventions."
(No offence intended.)

Simply: they love each other, but right now it's like watching a couple of hormonal teenagers. I'm bored with the angst all-the-bloody-time. I think the show could go on a long time with some couply BB action as we see them expore being in a full relationship - a whole new set of challenges and trust issues for especially Brennan to deal with, but we'd get to see it with all that lovely fluff and kissing that I for one would love to see. A little relationship angst = good, but this? Doing my head in!

I'm with RecoveringBonesAddict on this one.

Groovycathers
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 am

I agree with Groovycathers and everyone else in that vein of thought.

I don't see why they can't be in a committed relationship and work out the kinks and the drama then. How many people have been in a long term relationship and five years in they still look at the person and wonder "where did that come from?" It will not be all happy after they committ to each other. There will be plenty of challenges, not that I want to see all of them. It could also be VERY ENTERTAINING.
Either way, at this point, I think they are both toooo screwed up to ever successfully get together if it was the real world. The longer Hart drags it out, the more personality issues he over dramatizes, (is that a word?) in Booth and Brennan. It is amazing they get up in the morning. How are they going to deal with a committed relationship? And because of that, I am waiting for this addiction to wear off, because this has become too much of a soap opera. I am watching, hoping something will change or make sense, not in the angst tragic tradition.

Hart is NOT going to get them together until he sees the end of the series. They are now talking about having an 8th season. What I don't understand is why does he only have one story to tell? He is controlling the one story of B&B, and it ends in his mind when they finally commit to each other. I wish someone would ask him why that is? Instead, they keep asking when. I know when. Why he is a genius and UNABLE to come up with an entertaining storyline beyond them realizing they need to commit to each other is beyond me?
Someone needs to ask him why he can't come up with that entertaining storyline, because there are a ton of fans that I am sure could give him outlines.
The only ones that I can understand objecting to having the leads together are people that do not have a clue what can happen in a committed relationship between two strong willed people. (There are not a lot of 'yes dears'.) The others that may object may not see the the special skill set that DB and ED bring to the set. (As we all know, it is just fun watching their interviews.) Putting them together is not going to make us not watch them. What, are they going to suddenly become boring?
What I don't like watching is what is going on currently, but I will wait it out, and hope it improves. If not, I am sure I will become unaddicted.

(Tons of double negatives, sorry.)

Last edited by empiricist on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down