Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Bones' characters "could start romance"

+8
MI_Bonesgirl
jro54
the beaver1965
mereva
SnoopGirl
DONEWITHIT
bugaboo628
12 posters

Go down

'Bones' characters "could start romance" Empty 'Bones' characters "could start romance"

Post by bugaboo628 Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:48 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

"There's definitely a future for Booth and Brennan," she said. "People should not be giving up at all. I think they very much belong together."
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

'Bones' characters "could start romance" Empty Re: 'Bones' characters "could start romance"

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:31 am

Really? Romance? Really? Not giving up? It is a little late sweetheart, truly. At leastfor me. I wish I could put up a picture of my face now every time I read these blurbs. What used to cause so much excitment is now causing a "lemon face".
I used to watch this show because of Booth and Bones and their little love story. I don't feel that love happening anymore. I honestly think it is time for this viewer to move on, I did it with NCIS, I did it with theX-Files, I did it with JAG. All for the same reason, promises, promises that do not deliver. I have enough drama in my life working in a Emergency Room and ICU seeing people die everyday. Theyhavetaken this lovesotry and made it a mess. Just my opinion, but I am so dissapointed at the turn this show is taking thatI can't avoid being bitter.
Last night was the first night in years I did not take the laptop with me and read the spoilers here.Why? For what? for this type of blurbs? or for DB saying that he does not see the need to put this two characters closer...I have WASTED 5 years of my life following this show, so yes I am bitter, dissapointed and frustrated.Cheers!
confused
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

'Bones' characters "could start romance" Empty Re: 'Bones' characters "could start romance"

Post by SnoopGirl Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:41 am

catfisheatingnow wrote:Really? Romance? Really? Not giving up? It is a little late sweetheart, truly. At leastfor me. I wish I could put up a picture of my face now every time I read these blurbs. What used to cause so much excitment is now causing a "lemon face".
I used to watch this show because of Booth and Bones and their little love story. I don't feel that love happening anymore. I honestly think it is time for this viewer to move on, I did it with NCIS, I did it with theX-Files, I did it with JAG. All for the same reason, promises, promises that do not deliver. I have enough drama in my life working in a Emergency Room and ICU seeing people die everyday. Theyhavetaken this lovesotry and made it a mess. Just my opinion, but I am so dissapointed at the turn this show is taking thatI can't avoid being bitter.
Last night was the first night in years I did not take the laptop with me and read the spoilers here.Why? For what? for this type of blurbs? or for DB saying that he does not see the need to put this two characters closer...I have WASTED 5 years of my life following this show, so yes I am bitter, dissapointed and frustrated.Cheers!
confused
I hear ya. Just when we think something will happen - Poof! Hart & Company pull it away. thumbsdown
I will be a loyal watcher until the series ends but that is only because I like to look at Booth's face/smile. Smile I certainly don't watch BONES for its "keep me on the edge of my seat episodes every week". The show that does that is Criminal Minds. Hart should watch a few of those episodes to get a "clue" on how to do that.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:49 am

catfisheatingnow wrote:...I have WASTED 5 years of my life following this show, so yes I am bitter, dissapointed and frustrated.Cheers!
confused
I know. Feeling the same here. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Like Robert would say, Merry freakin' Christmas to all, won't someone shut out the lights.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:49 am

I learned from last year. Do not believe anything that any of them say. I used to admire Emily,because I thought that she was honest and wouldn't try to deceive us. Not anymore. She is telling us this bullshit, to keep us watching. THERE IS NO BIGGER LIAR THAN HH!!!. Even DB(He is the only reason I watch this show,because he is so sexy) is a liar. Very disappointed in him.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:51 am

I think it's kind of silly that some people only watch Bones just because they want B&B to get together and they say that there going to stop watching it if B&B don't get together this season. No offense guys, but the whole point of the show is NOT for B&B to run together and get married, it's about their relationship and how it grows and develops. So the stone cold shippers who only want B&B to get together will just give up because it's not going to happen anytime soon, but the diehards who have watched this show since the very beginning will give up.

I still don't think that the finale is going to be that bad, especially after the 100th. I didn't think that the 100th heart crushing because Brennan is just afraid and they are simply ready yet. I am a shipper, but I don't think that B&B should get together just yet because I'm more interested in how the writers/producers get them together. HH and SN are NOT stupid. They wouldn't just give us hints like the "nothing comes unless first a dream" quote without having it mean anything and everything that happens in the 100th and the finale is all part of their sneaky plan that will eventually push B&B together. And I'm sure that they realize that they only thing that keeps viewers watching is the "will they/won't they" thing, so they are probably going to have B&B in some type of relationship next season, whether it's romantic or professional, to keep the "the will they/won't they" thing going instead of having B&B go their separate ways and I reunite in a year and they totally hate each other, but even that does happen, I would probably still watch it because I love all that anger and tension in the S1. It wouldn't make any sense though because they have grown so much and have made so much progress in their relationship to start over again, but HH and SN are the bosses.

I am total fangirl of Bones and I have watched every single episode since the beginning, so I'm not going to just give up just because B&B won't get their happy ending season. I'm willing to wait because Booth and Brennan belong together and they will get together eventually.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:15 am

I for one, will believe it when I see it. Hope for the best, expect the worst.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:32 am

catfisheatingnow wrote:Really? Romance? Really? Not giving up? It is a little late sweetheart, truly. At leastfor me. I wish I could put up a picture of my face now every time I read these blurbs. What used to cause so much excitment is now causing a "lemon face".
confused
I hear ya. I've watched the same series you have, and I feel the same. I will not watch next weeks, but I will watch the remaining season to see if I want to continue. I do like the characters, the story, and the BB chemistry. If the story continues to be still good, I'll watch. I like both Emily and David. I wish they would not make Emily's character so clueless all the time. Most of the recent interviews have been so disheartening for me.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by booth fan Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:57 pm

jro54 wrote:I think it's kind of silly that some people only watch Bones just because they want B&B to get together and they say that there going to stop watching it if B&B don't get together this season. No offense guys, but the whole point of the show is NOT for B&B to run together and get married, it's about their relationship and how it grows and develops. So the stone cold shippers who only want B&B to get together will just give up because it's not going to happen anytime soon, but the diehards who have watched this show since the very beginning will give up.

I still don't think that the finale is going to be that bad, especially after the 100th. I didn't think that the 100th heart crushing because Brennan is just afraid and they are simply ready yet. I am a shipper, but I don't think that B&B should get together just yet because I'm more interested in how the writers/producers get them together. HH and SN are NOT stupid. They wouldn't just give us hints like the "nothing comes unless first a dream" quote without having it mean anything and everything that happens in the 100th and the finale is all part of their sneaky plan that will eventually push B&B together. And I'm sure that they realize that they only thing that keeps viewers watching is the "will they/won't they" thing, so they are probably going to have B&B in some type of relationship next season, whether it's romantic or professional, to keep the "the will they/won't they" thing going instead of having B&B go their separate ways and I reunite in a year and they totally hate each other, but even that does happen, I would probably still watch it because I love all that anger and tension in the S1. It wouldn't make any sense though because they have grown so much and have made so much progress in their relationship to start over again, but HH and SN are the bosses.

I am total fangirl of Bones and I have watched every single episode since the beginning, so I'm not going to just give up just because B&B won't get their happy ending season. I'm willing to wait because Booth and Brennan belong together and they will get together eventually.

I agree I want to see how they get together and how their relationship develops not just having them thrown together. Also what drew me to the show was the detective forensic aspect and that still is interesting to me although the character development is just one of the aspects that makes Bones great.
booth fan
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:58 pm

[quote="booth fan"]
jro54 wrote:I think it's kind of silly that some people only watch Bones just because they want B&B to get together and they say that there going to stop watching it if B&B don't get together this season. No offense guys, but the whole point of the show is NOT for B&B to run together and get married, it's about their relationship and how it grows and develops. So the stone cold shippers who only want B&B to get together will just give up because it's not going to happen anytime soon, but the diehards who have watched this show since the very beginning will give up.

I don't think it's silly. The show is marketed as a romantic dramedy with a little crime solving throw in. A forward move in the relationship department will not be detrimental to the show's dynamics, but it will end the tiresome UST. Tension can still exists in a relationship but you now have added intimacy into the equation. Think how much growth the characters can have if you taken outside their comfort zones. Everyone focuses on Brennan's issues with abandonment and lack of empathy, but what of Booth's family issues. We know family is important to him yet his relationships with his father, brother, mother, and the mother to his child must make you wonder.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:16 pm

How is it silly? Sorry, but I have to disagree, I don't think it's silly at all. It depends of what do you want from this show. If you want to watch the never-ending running in circles, then yes, you can see them dance around each other for another 10 yeas (considering that the show will still have some viewers by this scenario). Or you want to see a real development of the relationship, and in this instance that could be either romance or splitting up. It's a TV show, so splitting up is very unlikely. But the TPTB are wetting their pants from the thought that BB together would do the ratings decrease.
Everyone has his(her) own reasons for watching the show. I watch it for entertainment, to relax after the work, so yes, I'd like to see a happy couple here and not that crap that HH/SN are giving me now. That's why I might stop watching it after this season. And believe me, I qualify for a die-hard-shipper just peachy (watched every single episode from day one, bought all the DVDs, recorded all the eps on tape and so on).
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:42 pm

mereva wrote: Everyone has his(her) own reasons for watching the show. I watch it for entertainment, to relax after the work, so yes, I'd like to see a happy couple here and not that crap that HH/SN are giving me now. That's why I might stop watching it after this season..

Totally agree.. When a show does not evolve and its character remain stagnant, it seizes to be entertaining. Entertainment is what keeps you coming back week after week, and unfunny show makes you look for alternatives.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by sleepless Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:38 am

Wow, I can't believe the negativity, especially from fans that have watched from the beginning Crying or Very sad

I really don't see how after the 100th, fans are still saying that these characters are stagnant! Okay, yes, it was heart crushing that Brennan was too afraid to take that step with Booth, but him finally saying those words out loud is the kind of forward movement that season 4 and 5 have been leading to! It's out there now! That's totally amazing to me and I think THAT it's huge.

I like the forensics, but I watch not just for BB, but the clever dialogue and the fun aspect of the show all of which revolve around all the characters together. And yes, I am a huge BB shipper and there has been nothing to indicate that the show won't still revolve around Booth and Brennan.

No offense, but if anyone really thought that all it would take would be Booth saying "let's give it a shot" and Brennan would fall into his arms and BB would become a couple, well ... I see the bitterness with the 100th. But the fact of the matter is that television doesn't work like that (and you know what real life doesn't either).

To me the characters have come a long way, but they are not quite there yet (and no, I don't want BB to only get together on the last 5 minutes of the last episode, but I don't think that will happen). I'm willing to watch every Thursday and see where they take this and I'm going to reserve judgment until at least the season finale!

sleepless
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:12 am

I just read on other blogs, saying don't believe Emily that she is full sh**. Even if she is lying, what do people expect her to say? That there is no chance for them. She would never say any thing that would make some (not all) people stop watching the show. I think people forget that she works for Hart Hanson and is probably told what to say. If in fact that is the case, why do interviews at all?

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:54 am

the beaver1965 wrote:I just read on other blogs, saying don't believe Emily that she is full sh**.
Well, that's not only rude, that's stupid as well. She doesn't make any decisions, does she?
Just ignore them, such people usually need audience to feel significant
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:56 am

mereva wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:I just read on other blogs, saying don't believe Emily that she is full sh**.
Well, that's not only rude, that's stupid as well. She doesn't make any decisions, does she?
Just ignore them, such people usually need audience to feel significant

Well she's a producer so she does make some decisions, but plot decisions? not so much. and ITA about the ignoring them comment.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down