Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions!

Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions!

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:40 pm

willgirl Posted 24/09/2007 10:24:27 (24/09/2007 04:24:27 PM)

Hey Everyone!
So I'm the obsessive fan of the week this week in Entertainment Weekly.
These are the questions I was asked along with my answers. I would love to hear other people's answers!!!

1. First, we would need a high-res photo of you with any paraphernalia you may have showing your fandom for "Bones."

2. Why did you first become obsessed with "Bones?"

I began watching Bones in the middle of the first season but I wasn't full-blown obsessed untio the middle of the second season. Dec. 16th, my birthday was also the first day I posted fanfic! As for the why, Bones has a smart, female lead character, it's funny and unique, plus where else can you see the total hotness of David Boreanaz?

3. What was the strangest "Bones"-related object you owned?

My Bones magnetic poetry, complete with the names of all the characters and all the bones in the body!

4. What is the strangest thing you've done related to your obsession (skipped a wedding to see an episode, etc. for example).

Other than writing 280,000 words of Bones stories in 10 months? I danced a jig once in my living room when the opening credits came on!

5. What do other people think of your obsession?

My family thinks I'm a little weird, but they are coming around. It's hard to explain to people what fanfiction is but hey, I just go where the creativity flows. Besides thats the advantage of having your own message board-everyone else has the same obsession!

6. Is there anything else quirky about your obsession we should know?

Nope! Well, since I'm now administrating the message board, it seems to occupy an excessive amount of my time. That's not quirky, just dedicated!

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty Bella Loony Posted 24/09/2007 11:10:37 (24/09/2007 05:10:37 PM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:42 pm

2. I watched from the pilot episode, but I didn't become obsessed until I visited the FOX forum in Dec of last year, and met all you crazy bitches. I starting watching because of David Boreanaz, but I fell in love with the entire crew and the writing. This show is brilliant. It has everything you want, sexual tension, great cases, and an awesome sense of humour, so what more could you ask for?

3. I don't own anything strange, just my DVD's!!

4. Well I own season 1 and yet I taped every single episode last year and the re-runs, I am a little nutty that way.

5. My husband thinks I'm nuts but he's fine with it, no one else knows the extremity of my obsession.

6. I don't think I can go a day without checking in with someone from here, even when my computer exploded, I phoned Willi right away to let her know. I love BONES!!

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty beaglelvr93 Posted 24/09/2007 13:47:34 (24/09/2007 07:47:34 PM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:42 pm

2) Hmm. Well, I had seen the comercials all through season 1, but always thought the show would be too gory. And then I saw 'Man in the Cell', and was HOOKED! Haven't missed one yet.

3)Umm. Nothing weird other than I bought the first four Kathy Riechs Books, read them, and then bought season 1 and 2. I also have some funky bones wallpaper for my computer.

4)I once ate dinner at my grandmother's EXTREMELY fast and then was rather rude beacause it was getting close to 8 oclock and we HAD to get home to watch BONES!!

5) Well, all you Boneyard slash Antiboneyard slash Fanfic.net people, you all understand me. But my dad thinks im obsessed and nuts. Oh well.

6)Umm. I write fan fics. WEll, I start fan fics and then try to finsish them, but it doesn't always work that way.

Wink

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty beaglelvr93 Posted 24/09/2007 13:57:43 (24/09/2007 07:57:43 PM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:43 pm

Will, when does it show? I watched tonite but didn't see you!

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty willgirl Posted 24/09/2007 14:21:32 (24/09/2007 08:21:32 PM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:44 pm

Its in the magazine, Entertainment Weekly! On stands on Thursday!

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty AnaG Posted 24/09/2007 14:22:48 (24/09/2007 08:22:48 PM)

2. I bought the S1 set on a whim, watched them all in one weekend and was hooked after that. Then came the forum. Then the fic writing....and well,..yeah...full-blown obsession..

3. Hmmm...18 writing notebooks...magnetic poetry on its way...about a dozen pairs of striped socks a la the boothy boo.

4. Strangest thing...well..uh, there's the 100,000 words of fanfic since Feb.......plus took a half day off of work when S2 came out on DVD because I could not wait another minute to watch them. Longest commute of my life!

5. Only 2 people outside of the forum know (and most definitely not the full extent)...but I kinda get the figurative pat on the head-aw that's nice kinda response while they raise an eyebrow.

6. Quirkiest thing? Would have to be the socks again. Will admit it started as an affectation, but now, I have to be wearing a pair when I'm writing or the muse won't show up at all.

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty sophie Posted 24/09/2007 16:25:58 (24/09/2007 10:25:58 PM)

My obsession started This year when i found a forum of Bones and i started knowing people who understood me when i talked about the show. Besides i was so happy with the first season that second was even better and my obsession keep on growing with each and every episode.

object? mmmm..let me think...uhm i know! i have a book mark i did for school...but that's not too strange...it's not an object but i have brennan's rington for the text messages in my cell phone.

4. What is the strangest thing you've done related to your obsession (skipped a wedding to see an episode, etc. for example).
well, once i was in the elevator of my building (which has a mirror) and i was listening to this song of groove coverage that says "she must be the reason why god made a girl" and i was so in to the music that all of a sudden i looked at the mirror and did the SAME face Emily did on a photoshoot.. it was wired...i was laughing all alone in the elvator..i couldn't believe it. hahaha

they think i am a little bit over obsessed, but for example my mom now understands me, but my friends when they hear that i'm starting to talk about bones they just wants to kill me hahaha

uhm...i'm doing anything to reach Emily. I really admire her. I relate everything i see with bones. EVERYTHING. and i know a quote for every situation.

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty I hart Booth Posted 25/09/2007 03:59:51 (25/09/2007 09:59:51 AM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:46 pm

I've been with Bones from the very beginning. I think it was originally on before or after House, so I saw it then and was immediatly hooked. Like most things in my life, I came for the hot guy(s), stayed for my own sanity...or lack therof.

I WISH I had a strange Bones related thing, I'd like to sport it today in honor of Bonesday!

I regularly skip out on being with my friends for fanfic or Bones, it used to drive my family crazy. My BF already knows if Bones is on, he better be bleeding, not breathing, or the building is on fire if he is planning to interrupt...and if the building IS on fire, I only care if it's on the floor above or below mine...

Friends and family think I'm very weird, but they go with it. When a person dyes their hair regularly for their own amusment and has been known to give full renditions of musicals in supermarkets...nothing suprises you anymore.

I have written over 400,000 words of fanfiction...and I will never get paid for it. Weird enough for you?

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty amo Posted 25/09/2007 04:04:22 (25/09/2007 10:04:22 AM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:46 pm

I started watching at some point in S1 by pure chance, at first almost didn’t recognize DB, watched another one by chance and by the 3 ep I was hooked! Love Bones, love Booth and grew to love the squints and like the dark humour..it’s a package obsession :-)

Um… I have a Jeffersionan mug I have taken to work and have been looking forever for a bones chart :-p

Does loosing sleep count? Like a lot of sleep.. a 2-3 hours per night regime for 2-3 nights a week will make me age sooner but definitely happier!!

As long as I enjoy it they don’t mind…but they don’t know the extent of it… they just attribute all of it to my passionate nature LOL ;-))))

Yes... it made me start writing… no fanfics sadly, but reviews of everything you can imagine! I found I love doing it a lot, I wish I could do more. So thank you Bones for making me discover my imagination :-)

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty A2BOREANAZ Posted 25/09/2007 05:04:03 (25/09/2007 11:04:03 AM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:47 pm

friend of mine was hooked from beginning...and told me about it..gave it a watch......but wasnt hooked until aliens in a spaceship.....

nothing strange really...have made booth puzzles and bones brownies..and about to make a bones fuzzy blanket

friends now know that when bones is on...DO NOT...interrupt for anything...if you are bleeding profusely....put pressure on it..if trouble breathing..grab a bag and breathe slowly...have skipped several outings with friends and relatives..but now they know.....and dont bug me

like i said...they are used to it now...but they have hang ups also...so i always bring that back in their face

i have written a couple of fics and some poems..but nothing else really quirky

a2b

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty DBAngelfan Posted 25/09/2007 10:29:40 (25/09/2007 04:29:40 PM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:47 pm

argh I don't have a pic

2..I found out about it when Angel went off, started watching from the start for my DB fix
3. not sure now. I used to have a mini skeleton that came with a book but I don't know what happened to it
4.Moved a regular appt to Tues just so I wouldn't miss the show...now I'll have to go back to Wed...or Monday.
5.Not much....mom watches with me when Dancing With The Stars isn't on.
6.not really

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty HarHar21 Posted 27/09/2007 21:30:21 (28/09/2007 03:30:21 AM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:49 pm

1. First, we would need a high-res photo of you with any paraphernalia you may have showing your fandom for "Bones."
Okay, but can y'all handle it?! lol

I really liked the character developments in the show. They don't write bad stories, I tell you that. So, that to me, is pretty addicting; having these characters grow as the show progresses is a big deal. Now, I don't pay much attention to cases, I just want to know what B&B are talking about, among others.

Oh, I don't think it's strange because it's useful. I bought a Jeffersonian mug because I'm so in love with it.

Again, I don't think it's strange when I bug my friends at night to watch Bones (when it is on) and talk about it endlessly. I did, one time, talked for about a day managing to relate Bones on almost anything. My boyfriend learned to live with it, so I'm happy.

They think I should go and get a life.

I did some B&B videos just for the heck of it. My boyfriend couldn't stand it and thought it was a waste of time! I didn't speak to him for two whole days, but he folded. Now, he knew better and lets me do anything I want. Gawd, I love him.

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty sarcastress Posted 01/10/2007 05:12:23 (01/10/2007 11:12:23 AM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:50 pm

As soon as I heard the series was coming out and what it was going to be about, I knew it was going to be my "new favorite show." And it was. Aww.

I don't have anything weird. Just the DVDs.

I quit church choir because the practices conflicted with Bones time (even though I was recording the episodes anyway).

They think it's kind of odd, but then I send them a picture of DB and they're all, "Oh. I see."

Not particularly, no.

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty Susan1234 Posted 04/10/2007 14:43:51 (04/10/2007 08:43:51 PM)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:51 pm

1.) Why did you first become obsessed with Bones?
Hmm...well, I'm a big, big science geek, and ironically, I was introduced to the show at a science fair. I was selling tickets and whatnot, supposedly supervising the young tykes running rampant, when a classmate came up to me and started chatting. One topic led to another, and soon she was asking me what television shows I watch. She mentioned Bones (a show I knew nothing about), and the next day at school, she literally shoved the first season DVDs in my face. Now, to be honest, I wasn't all that enthusiastic about watching the show. Reluctantly, I watched the Pilot. I wasn't very impressed. But she insisted I kept watching, and by the third or fourth episode, I was intrigued. By--oh, I don't know, the tenth or eleventh episode?--I was hooked. Before I knew it, I had finished the first season and immediately downloaded season 2 off iTunes. That was this past February...now, I've seen every episode at least three or four times!

2.) What was the strangest "Bones"-related object you owned?
Well, there's the DVDs, a few pictures of David in my locker, but that's pretty much it.

3.) What is the strangest thing you've done related to your obsession (skipped a wedding to see an episode, etc. for example).
I was supposed to be at nice, formal family outing--you know, at my hoity-toity grandmother's house, fancy clothes, fine china, crap like that--but much to my dismay, the date of said event just happened to coincide with a new episode of Bones. I was ticked. So, I devised a bizarre (but very workable) plan: conveniently disappear upstairs to one of the guest rooms and tune into the TV there. After about five minutes of watching, I'd reappear and listen to aunts and uncles and cousins I didn't even know existed drone on and on. Of course, I had it DVR-ing, but that wasn't good enough. Luckily, that was night when they cut the episode to observe the Virginia Tech incident. So I was safe. Though sometimes I wonder if I would've actually gone through with it...

4.) What do other people think of your obsession?
Let's just say that my entire grade knows I'm a big Bones freak...Admittedly, they thought I'm just geek to begin with, but the Bones thing kinda sealed the deal.

5.) Is there anything else quirky about your obsession we should know?
I always wanted to be a science teacher. Always. Since, like, the dawn of time. After watching Bones, though, I've reconsidered. Nowadays, I hope to get a degree in anthropology. Dunno if I'll use it for forensics, but I think I'm gonna become a lab rat. Oh, and I read fan fiction avidly. It's a guilty pleasure.

;-)

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions! Empty Re: Answer the Obsessive Fan of the Week Questions!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down