Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairy Tale (one-shot complete)

Go down

Fairy Tale (one-shot complete) Empty Fairy Tale (one-shot complete)

Post by dawn Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Fairy Tale

"Once upon a time, in a land, far far away, lived a beautiful princess." he said.

"How beautiful?" he wondered out loud.

"She was the most beautiful, but beauty was not the only one thing about this princess, that made her special."

"What else made her special?"

"She was very smart."

"Dad, Princess's aren't supposed to be smart."

"Why not?" his dad asked

"They just go around kissing frogs, and stuff."

"Well this princess was smart, probably the most smart princess ever."

"In this same kingdom, lived a knight." he paused, thinking, "this knight, worked for the King."

"One day, there had been a terrible crime, and the King wanted the knight to solve the crime."

"Did he solve the crime?" the child asked.

"No, the knight was unable to solve the crime, by himself." he paused, "he needed help."

"Dad, Knights never need help. There big, and strong, and have a really really big swords."

"Well, your right. But just this once, the knight needed help." he smiled at his son.

"After talking to the princess, the knight realized just how smart the princess was."

"Don't forget beautiful, dad, you said she was beautiful." his son reminded him.

"Yes, she was beautiful, too." he smiled down at him.

"The knight asked the princess for her help."

"What did the princess say, daddy?"

"She said she would help him solve the crime. But, only if he treated her like a knight, and not like a fairy princess."

The little boy scrunched his face, "Why would she want that? Princesses get special treatment, their famous and stuff."

"Well, this princess, didn't like all that special princess treatment. She wanted to do things that other princesses had never done."

"So she helped him solve the crime."

"She did. But not long after that, there was another crime, and another. She continued to help the knight solve the crimes, until finally the King said, to the knight, and the princess, "You two make a good team." and the king made them partners."

"For several years, the princess and the knight solved crimes together."

"Kinda like you and Bones?" Parker smiled at his dad.

"Yea, kinda, I guess." Booth smiled down at Parker, "Stop scratching please, you know what the doctor said." as he dabbed the pink medicine on.

"Sorry, dad, they just itch." Parker said. "Daddy, I hate the chicken pox."

"I know, bub." Booth smiled, "back to the story." trying to distract him.

"After a while, the princess and the knight became good friends."he paused.

"You mean they liked to kiss and stuff?" Parker smiled at his dad.

"No, Parker, they weren't that kind of friends."

"You said the princess was beautiful?" Parker looked doubtfully at Booth.

"She was beautiful."

"You said, they became good friends."

"They did become friends."

"Dad, I don't think this knight is very smart." Parker replied, very matter of factly.

Booth sighed, "back to the story Parker, One day, the princess was kidnapped."

"What did the knight do, dad?"

"Well, he did everything he could to find her. He searched the entire kingdom up and down. He had all of his friends helping them look for her. Just when he thought all hope was lost, he found her."

"What did the princess say?"

"She said that she knew he would find her, and that she had believed in the knight, the whole time."

"So the princess went back to her kingdom, and started helping the knight again. The End."

"That's it?"Parker looked at his dad.

"Well, yea, what did you expect, Parker?"

"Isn't the princess supposed to fall in love with the knight?"

"Not in this story, bub." Booth lifted up his head, hearing a knock, "That must be Bones, Parker, she's bringing over her famous chicken noodle soup, just for you."

Parker lay in his bed, thinking about the story.

"Hey, there Parker." Brennen walked in.

"Dr. Booooooones." she loved the way Parker drew out her name. "How are you feeling?" She put her hand on his forehead.

"Itchy." making her smile.

"It's only temporary." she said, Booth stuck his head in the door. "Bones, do I just need to warm it up?"

She looked up in the doorway, "Two minutes in the microwave, Booth."

"My nuker is on the fritz, I'll have to use the stove." and disappeared.

"Bones." Brennen looked down at Parker.

"Yes, Parker."

"My dad told me a story, but I didn't like it much."

"Why is that Parker," she looked down at him, taking him seriously.

"Didn't like the ending."

"What was the story about?"

"It was about a beautiful princess, and a knight."

"Well, that sounds like an awesome story, Parker."

"Not really."

"Well, you tell me, what about the story didn't you like."

"Well first off, the princess wasn't a very good princess."

"What do you mean, Parker."

"She didn't do princess things."

"What kinds of things did she do?"

"She helped solve crimes with the knight."

"Really,"

"They were partners."

"Who were partners, the knight, and the princess?"

"Yep, the king said they did such a good job, he turned them into partners."

"Really." Brennen looked at him.

"Sounds like a really smart princess to me." Brennen said.

"Oh, she was, she was the smartest princess ever."

"What became of the princess and the knight?" curiosity getting to her.

"They became good friends."

"And you didn't like that they had become good friends?"

"Booones, that's not the way fairy tales are supposed to end." Parker looked sad.

"How do you mean?" she asked the little boy.

"Well, the princess is always supposed to fall in love with the knight." he looked at her earnestly, "don't you know that?"

"I didn't read fairy tales growing up, I didn't know that, Parker." Brennen said.

"I feel sorry for the knight." Parker said.

"Why is that, Parker?" she asked.

"Because the knight wanted the princess to love him."

"Why do you think that?" she looked down

"Because when she got kidnapped, he got real scared, and sad, and did everything he could to find her."

"She got kidnapped?"

"Yep, but the knight saved her." he added with a smile.

"Maybe he was sad, because his friend was kidnapped?" she suggested.

"Nope, I don't think so." he leaned forward, "I know all about fairy tales, Booones." he sighed, "I know the knight loved the princess."

"How do you know?" she asked him.

"Cause, he's a handsome knight, she's the smartest, mostest beautiful princess in the whole kingdom."

"Mostest is not a word Parker." she admonished him.

"The knight loved the princess, she just didn't know it." he added with a grin."it was the knight's greatest secret."

"Why do you think the knight, never told the princess he loved her?" she asked him

Parker furrowed his brows for a minute, in thought. "I think the knight was scared."

"Knights don't get scared Parker."

"Not scared like that, Bones, he got scared, because he thought that the princess might not love him back."

"Soups on Parker." Booth announced from the doorway, carrying a tray, laden with soup and crackers."
He bent down, and placed the tray across Parker's lap. "You need any help, bub?"

"Dad, I've been feeding myself for a couple of years now." Parker rolled his eyes, causing Brennen to laugh.

"Sure, buddy, we'll just be out in the living room, call if you need something." Booth ruffled his hair affectionately.

"Geez dad, I'm not six anymore." Booth held up his hands, laughing, and backed out of the room.

"Parker was telling me about the story, you told him." she said, sitting down, next to him.

"Pretty funny, huh."

"I kinda agree with Parker."

"About what, Bones?"

"He said he didn't like the ending to your story." she tilted he head at him. "I didn't like it either."

"What part didn't you like?" he asked.

"The friends part." she glanced towards Parker's room, "Parker's right, the princess is definitely supposed to fall in love with the knight."

"Oh, yea?" Booth looked at her.

"Especially after he rescues her, from being kidnapped." she added.

"Well, what would you suggest to the knight, to bring him around, Bones?"

"Parker said the knight had a secret."

"Parker said that?" Booth looked at her.

"Yep, he said the knight was in love with the princess."

"Parker's has a heck of an imagination, doesn't he?"

"I think the princess had a secret, too." smiling at him.

"Oh, yea, what was the princess's secret?"

"How about she just show him." she said, looking at him. Slowly, she reached up, and pulled his face down, to hers, and kissed him.

Parker had been eating his soup in bed, watching the TV. He'd been able to hear his dad, and Bones, talking before, but it had gotten quiet. He glanced toward the door. He slid the tray to the side table by his bed, and tiptoed toward the door. Careful to avoid the creaky spot, by the door, he turned the knob, and eased the door open slowly. Leaning forward, he stuck his head out, just enough to peek around the corner. Pulling his head back in, and ever so slowing closing the door, a millimeter at a time. He took a step, and pumped his fist in the air, "Yessssssssssssssss, I knew I could do it."

And they lived happily ever after.

Last edited by dawn on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

dawn
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Fairy Tale (one-shot complete) Empty Re: Fairy Tale (one-shot complete)

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:32 pm

I love it! Really. This is a good story. Bravo Very Happy

Back to top Go down