Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Venting Thread

+43
joybrennan
AmandaMarshall
HermioneGirl101
jsgemini
tinge1990
dddodson
Brain&Heart
katharine
krusty1489
future_anthro
LoveU2
Turi ray of sunshine
treble21
MoonlightGardenias
riviera41797
_Sunny_
Bella Loony
verticallychallangedcutie
olivia
smile0303
SnoopGirl
DripPan
heirofloki
bones_fanatic19
THX1138
Sany
i_heart_bones
Kasper
PIMP
Nightowl
ToZiKa
G
phoebsfan
willgirl
DBCrazy
dawnsfire
bones206
19ana89
howie
queen bess
himbeer29
A2BOREANAZ
flyersfan35
47 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Venting Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Venting Thread

Post by Sany Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:48 am

G-Woman wrote:
Sany wrote:6 weeks for a computer power adapter. Come on!! Grrrr....
Do they have to send it by boat to you? Just kidding. Razz That sucks Sany. Sorry.
G, I'm seriously starting to wonder if they are walking it down to me from BC.

Sany
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17120
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:36 am

G-Woman wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:It's going around... Any tips, G?

queen
My first rule is don't aquire too much stuff, (it makes the job so much easier if you move a lot), which I have broken badly this time. Second rule is don't get too sentimental over things. Which is hard right now because I am a wee bit... shall we say emotional. Third rule is everything falls into two categories, want or need. I'll sort through the 'want' pile like 20 times and find it gets reduced every time. Boxes are good to find at liquour stores or supermarkets... packing tape is your friend. Also finding a bunch of big strong burly men to move stuff helps both the eye and the back. Wink and.... charitys are usually more than happy to accept unwanted items. Sometimes, they'll even pick stuff up.
#1--too late! Very Happy Long time pack rat here, although more than half (probably) are reading materials and writing supplies. Cue the burly men! (I am getting rid of some things, too...can we say spring garage sale? With charity getting whatever's left, I guess.)
I've heard about the grocery store, and since at least a few things will be stored in the basement, I understand I might be able to get a couple palattes there as well.
Very good point about the emotional--trying very hard not to be!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:47 am

dawnsfire wrote:
G-Woman wrote:

queen
My first rule is don't aquire too much stuff, (it makes the job so much easier if you move a lot), which I have broken badly this time. Second rule is don't get too sentimental over things. Which is hard right now because I am a wee bit... shall we say emotional. Third rule is everything falls into two categories, want or need. I'll sort through the 'want' pile like 20 times and find it gets reduced every time. Boxes are good to find at liquour stores or supermarkets... packing tape is your friend. Also finding a bunch of big strong burly men to move stuff helps both the eye and the back. Wink and.... charitys are usually more than happy to accept unwanted items. Sometimes, they'll even pick stuff up.
#1--too late! Very Happy Long time pack rat here, although more than half (probably) are reading materials and writing supplies. Cue the burly men! (I am getting rid of some things, too...can we say spring garage sale? With charity getting whatever's left, I guess.)
I've heard about the grocery store, and since at least a few things will be stored in the basement, I understand I might be able to get a couple palattes there as well.

queen
I can appreciate the emotional aspect. I still recall the emotions stirred up by my last move - mostly homicidal rage. The move lasted 19 hours, and the very last things I moved were my deer rifle and my fowler. That's when the guy driving the truck had the balls to ask me if I was finally ready to go 'cause his men were getting paid a flat rate and this move was costing them money. I didn't bother to point out that if they hadn't shown up four hours late or taken a three hour lunch we'd be done. Instead I reminded myself that shooting the bastard would, at the minimum, cost me at least one good gun.

Since then I've vowed that the next time I move I'm selling the house furnished.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:40 pm

I hate homophobic people!!!
They literally make me sick! thumbsdown
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 am

Fucking MSN! If I wanted to know who won the damn medals before the event is shown, I'd google it to try to find out, but I don't appreciate pulling up MSN.com to check the regular news and find a huge headline about who won the gold in the snowboarding event. Seriously, why the hell can't they have a link to find out the winners if you want to? Even the tv news shows warn you before they reveal the winners. So now if I don't want to know, I can't keep up with any news for the next two weeks, apparently...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by howie Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:36 am

This snow seriously needs to go away! As much as I love it, it's not so much fun in this part of the country!!!!!
howie
howie
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 7672

Back to top Go down

Post by howie Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:38 am

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:
G-Woman wrote:

queen

queen
I can appreciate the emotional aspect. I still recall the emotions stirred up by my last move - mostly homicidal rage. The move lasted 19 hours, and the very last things I moved were my deer rifle and my fowler. That's when the guy driving the truck had the balls to ask me if I was finally ready to go 'cause his men were getting paid a flat rate and this move was costing them money. I didn't bother to point out that if they hadn't shown up four hours late or taken a three hour lunch we'd be done. Instead I reminded myself that shooting the bastard would, at the minimum, cost me at least one good gun.

Since then I've vowed that the next time I move I'm selling the house furnished.

king RM
Again I agree..get out of my head!!! tongue Spending all of my life as part of the military has made me detest moving. I have often thought that one should be able to grab their personal effects and just move..no movers, boxes, packing material, or trucks involved! Thank goodness I am on my last one..next move will be the final one!
howie
howie
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:05 am

So, they have decided at work that all the people that couldn't make it in last week because of the snow don't have to use their vacation...the company is paying for the days off. Well, that's all fine and well, but what about the people that kicked ass to get in during those days?? What do we get? A big thank you and a $4 lunch that day. I should have just stayed home and curled up in my jammies...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:47 am

flyersfan35 wrote:So, they have decided at work that all the people that couldn't make it in last week because of the snow don't have to use their vacation...the company is paying for the days off. Well, that's all fine and well, but what about the people that kicked ass to get in during those days?? What do we get? A big thank you and a $4 lunch that day. I should have just stayed home and curled up in my jammies...
That's pretty much always the better option.

In the immortal words of Homers Simpson: Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by howie Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:16 am

flyersfan35 wrote:So, they have decided at work that all the people that couldn't make it in last week because of the snow don't have to use their vacation...the company is paying for the days off. Well, that's all fine and well, but what about the people that kicked ass to get in during those days?? What do we get? A big thank you and a $4 lunch that day. I should have just stayed home and curled up in my jammies...
Nice and yes you should have..it was delightfully wonderful. thumbsup
howie
howie
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:31 pm

UGH! There is this girl in my class who told me that "Bones is stupid." I was like, have you ever seen it?

She was like, "Yeah, once a while ago, there was this guy, Dr. Bones, I think, and he found something... Whatever, I don't know, It's stupid."

She only found out the name Dr. Bones because I was talking about it with my other friends...

Might I say that I strongly dislike this girl now?
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:41 pm

bones206 wrote:UGH! There is this girl in my class who told me that "Bones is stupid." I was like, have you ever seen it?

She was like, "Yeah, once a while ago, there was this guy, Dr. Bones, I think, and he found something... Whatever, I don't know, It's stupid."

She only found out the name Dr. Bones because I was talking about it with my other friends...

Might I say that I strongly dislike this girl now?

What an (insert expletive) idiot Razz
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:55 pm

bones206 wrote:UGH! There is this girl in my class who told me that "Bones is stupid." I was like, have you ever seen it?

I hate when people say that, but they have never watched an episode at all. My sister always says it's stupid, so i ignore her cause I know she is 100% wrong Very Happy
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:13 pm

grrr im trying to find a hotel in Brisbane for this weekend but everything is booked out!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:52 pm

I got home tonight and started sneezing and haven't stopped yet an hour later. And we're not talking cute little girlie choo's either, we're talking papertowel blowout CHOO's!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:04 am

Warning... language alert!

Do you know what tops this absolutely marvelous day? *please note sarcasm* That I sat down to emotionally vent to a hockey game and the Canadians promptly let in two goals to the Swiss. The fucking Swiss. Fuck. Since there was a language alert I should take advantage of it. Fuck. Fuck fuckity fuck. Okay. I am done. and sorry.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 am

Nightowl wrote:Warning... language alert!

Do you know what tops this absolutely marvelous day? *please note sarcasm* That I sat down to emotionally vent to a hockey game and the Canadians promptly let in two goals to the Swiss. The fucking Swiss. Fuck. Since there was a language alert I should take advantage of it. Fuck. Fuck fuckity fuck. Okay. I am done. and sorry.
Well fuck. Talk about a fucktastically shitty day, and the fucking Swiss no less? I mean, you'd think the Canuckistani's could handle a bunch of fucking Swiss fucknuggets. Fuck me.

king RM

I really don't care about the fucking Olympics, but that was just too good an opportunity to pass the fuck up.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:58 am

THX1138 wrote:
Nightowl wrote:Warning... language alert!

Well fuck. Talk about a fucktastically shitty day, and the fucking Swiss no less? I mean, you'd think the Canuckistani's could handle a bunch of fucking Swiss fucknuggets. Fuck me.

king RM

I really don't care about the fucking Olympics, but that was just too good an opportunity to pass the fuck up.
Fucking cheers man. Fucking Swiss. Keep to the fucking mountains. Seriously, I'm done now.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Do annoying, deluded people go away if you just ignore them? I-I'm trying to be zen about this, but seriously, Get The Fuck Out of My Universe. Fuck.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Fuck. Apparently I had one more.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

BATMAN JUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 pm

.... "f" is NOT a nice term...

But, w/e, there was a warning.
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:07 pm

In this case, the 'f' word was quite justified...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:08 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:In this case, the 'f' word was quite justified...
true
and Danny just use it as much as you want to

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by DripPan Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:10 pm

I really, really hate stupid reporters who don't even know what they are talking about or ask stupid questions!!

Geez you morons, do some research at least!

Drippy

DripPan
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 95
Say What You Want : What you want.
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:29 pm

I wish the assfaces nextdoor would turn off their doof doof music.

Its 1am and now i'm up and playing on the internet....i might kill someone... batterup
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content