Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest- Essay/Fanfiction

+5
jjrobinson73
bones_fanatic19
DBCrazy
Funnybone
Thnx4theGum
9 posters

Go down

Contest- Essay/Fanfiction Empty Contest- Essay/Fanfiction

Post by Thnx4theGum Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:52 am

Post your 1,500 or less word fanfic or essay for the 100th Episode Contest here.
Thnx4theGum
Thnx4theGum
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Contest- Essay/Fanfiction Empty Re: Contest- Essay/Fanfiction

Post by Funnybone Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:17 pm

does it have to be something to do with the 100th ep or anything
Funnybone
Funnybone
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Funnybone wrote:does it have to be something to do with the 100th ep or anything
Funnybone (I soo want to call you "humerus"), you can write whatever you like to answer this question, “What do the 100 episodes of Bones mean to me?”

Here's are the guidelines are for the entire contest -
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Gotta hurry though, March 27th is coming up quickly! Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:50 pm

So here is my entry, I wasn't sure where to post it, so I thought here would be the best bet. Anyway, here is my try at an essay thing, in answer to the question. Hope you like it Very Happy

“What do the 100 episodes of Bones mean to me?”

Clash: to conflict; disagree

From the beginning conflict was the basis of their relationship. They had to collaborate and form a work relationship, each of them out of their comfort zone. She was being brought out into the world and was discovering what life was like in the outside. He was being pushed into a small, sterile environment where the only indication of an outside world was a skylight in the ceiling. They were complete opposites, she was an empirical scientist and he was an emotional agent. She didn’t have any family and he had a son. The one thing they had in common was the goal to discover the truth and bring justice to the world. So that was the thing they remembered while they were annoying the crap out of one another.

Partnership: participation; association; joint interest.

The start was rocky and full of disagreements. He tried to forge a bond with her, but she adamantly refused due to her past. He pushed and she pushed back harder. He continued to push and then she spoke. He was informed of her miserable past; he was given an insight into her own personal world and was able to understand. She was scared and reserved when it came to her personal life and had become to open up and he appreciated that. Although she called God a zombie and he shot a clown, they had forged a respect for each other and also entered a partnership.

Friendship: a friendly relation or intimacy

She had had very few friends throughout her life, while he had had a bucket full. She didn’t make friends easily; no one stuck around long enough to get underneath her closed off exterior. He was always the life of the party and was very rarely left alone in his life. He was one that stuck around and he managed to weasel he way behind the wall, brick by brick. She had never had anyone care for her like that, anyone that showed up and ridiculous hours of the night with Thai food just to make sure she was ok. He saw for who she really was and knew that she was purposely hiding herself away from the world and try to make the least amount of relationships she could.

Centre: the source of an influence, action, force, around which anything rotates or revolves

She had her limited amount of friends and acquaintances and he had his. But together they had formed a bond stronger than they had with anyone else. They had the uncanny skill of being able to know what the other was thinking. They could communicate across the room, without saying a word. They were the centre of everything. Their friendship had bonded the group together and made a unit which was unbreakable. She had learned that some people didn’t leave and he learned that you can’t buy a book by its cover.

Family: a group of people who are generally not blood relations but who share common attitudes, interests, or goals

They had both lived difficult, dysfunctional life. He had an abusive father and she had a criminal father. She had a derailed brother and he had an alcoholic brother. They had both seen the good, bad and ugly sides of life. Yet they were still able to go out in the world and try to make it a better place. They were each the closest thing they had to family, as he had told her once when her family left her ‘there is more than one type of family’. She had found someone who she trusted and could tell anything to. And he had found someone who could remind him, that with all the bad in the world, there were the special ones, who may the world better without even trying. Another thing he told her was the ‘centre must hold’, and she now truly believed that and now had a family in him and her friends. Now the last thing they have to address was whether they would be just partners forever?
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:55 am

What does the 100th Episode mean to me?

They love each other. They know it, you know it, every one knows it. But how many times a day do they get told that to love each other could damage their partnership? That line that was drawn, could it be crossed easily? Can they manage it? If they could manage it, how would they do it?

Booth:
I love her. I love her more then I thought it possible to love another woman. I imagine my children with her. What they will look like. They will have her blue eyes, her smile, her smart, and my emotions. They would be perfect. To wake up next to her every day, that is the culmination of my life. All that I have been through, it all ends with her. She is my begining and my end. But how do I let her know with out scaring her. Is she ready? There are times I am sure of it. Then there are other times I am not. There will come a day when I can't keep it in, the words "I love you" will slip out. I have to try, for my sake, and for hers. I have to make her see I have loved her since the begining of our partnership. I will die for her 100 times over. I love her.

Brennan:
I love him. I didn't know what he meant when he told me "Because every once in a while…every once in a while, two people meet and there’s that spark, and, yes, Bones, he’s handsome and she’s beautiful and maybe that’s all they see at first, but making love…making love…that’s when two people become one." Two people can't become one. But I can't help but to feel, we would be one. We would do it right, and we would get more then close. And Booth is right. Love is more then just a chemical imbalance. He died, he....God, I can't do this with out him, but his "line." I don't know why it wasn't me. I would die for him a 100 times over. I don't like the "atta girl" hugs and I love yous any more. Because one day, I won't be able to stop myself from telling him, "I love you too." And I will erase that "line" of his.

Sweets:
As a psychologist I have seen some truly gnarly and wicked people. I mean...DUDE! But these two...WOW! the sexual tension just explodes when they come into the room. They are more then my patients, they are my friends. I am SOOOO rooting for them. But, the love they have, dude it could jepordize everything they have worked for. So, what can I do? They FBI wants to make sure their partnership is intact, and they remain the strongest team. But, man....I have never seen two people more suited for each other. I keep expecting them to say I love you while they are in my office. Dude, it gets intense. Would I tell the FBI? Nah....if they can handle it. But, I am not telling them that. Experiments...it's all about the experiments.

Angela:
Bren...Booth. Those two are combustible. Cosmic balance all wrapped up into one perfect form. Bren is my best friend. Booth is the man for her. I know it, everyone of us knows it. But those guys are pathetic. Why can't they see they are made for each other? They are in one word...perfect. Jack and I couldn't even begin to touch what those two have. Whipped cream surgary perfection...yumm!

Cam:
Seeley Booth is a man's man. I couldn't ask for a better friend. I couldn't ask for a better lover. But even I knew that what we had a couple of years was just a release for him. He wanted Dr. Brennan. I was willing to become that subsitute for him. I am glad though now I got that out of my system. I am glad I can call Dr. Brennan not just a great employee, but a great friend. I know that Seeley needs her, and that she needs him. At least he is willing to admit he loves her. And those books of hers...yeah..Kathy is her, and Andy is him. She is living out her imaginary sex life through Kathy and Andy. How the two of them are so oblivious of each other's feelings for the other...wow. For two very smart people, they sure are dumb. And that page 187....WOW. Maybe I should just take matters into my own hands....NAH!!

To be able to tell each other their innermost thoughts, to say I love you....there are two people that can make one whole, and those two are it. To say I love you takes courage...do they have it?

Jenn
PS...this is my first attempt at any type of fanfic. Hope you like it.
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tazdee2 Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:21 am

OF WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THEY FIRST MET IN THE PILOT SO WE WENT ON THE JOURWHAT THE 100TH EPISODE OF BONES MEANS TOO ME

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING BONES FOR THE FIVE YEARS IT HAS BEEN ON. I HAVE ENJOYED FOLLOWING THE CHARACTERS AS THEY HAVE GROWN THROUGH THE YEARS AND THE STORY LINES .WHAT THE 100TH EPISODES MEANS TOO ME IS WE SAW FROM THE BEGIINNING THAT BOOTH AND BONES HAD MINOR MISTRUST OR DISLIKE OF EACH OTHER AND WE GOT A FEW HINTS NEY WITH THE ALONG THE WAY WE MET ANGELA BONES BEST FRIEND AND JACK HODGINS WHO SAW CONSPIRACY EVERYWHERE AND ZACH ADDY THE SMARTEST PERSON BESIDES BONES OF COURSE AND CAM WHO JOINED LATER WHO HAD A PRIOR RELATIONSHIP WITH BOOTH AND THEN WE MEETS SWEETS THE PSYCHOLIOGIST. . WE HAVE SEEN RELATIONSHIP COME AND GO SOME GOOD SOME NOT SO GOOD. BUT ALONG THE WAY IT ALWAYS COMES BACK TOO BOOTH AND BONES THEY BELONG TOGETHER BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS FIGHTING IT FOR SOME REASONS WE DON’T KNOW WHY? SO FINALLY IN THE 100TH EPISODE WE GET WHAT WE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR FIVE YEARS STARING OUT IN THE PILOT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED BETWEEN THESE TO HEADSTRONG PEOPLE AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL BRING THEM CLOSER TOGETHER WITH SWEETS HELP OF COURSE.AND THAT IS WHAT THE 100TH EPISODE MEANS TOO ME

THANKS
DEANNA

tazdee2

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by booth fan Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:52 am

So here is my work, I choose to go with and essay about what Bones means to me, it just over a 1000 words.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do the 100 episodes of Bones mean to me?

As the 100th episode of Bones approaches the question was asked of what Bones means to me. First I must acknowledge what an accomplishment it is to reach a hundred episode, many shows on TV do not make this mile stone as many show are short lived and just don’t produce the ratings. Many people lose interest in a TV show after a while, however Bones has been gaining more fans in the later seasons; the last ratings recorded was 12.3 million in the US alone which is a record for Bones, so a big congrats goes out to the cast and crew.

When I think of the TV show Bones many things come to mind for instance, relationships, creative story lines, the characters themselves and how Bones effects people’s lives and can bring people together.

One of the most appealing parts of the show to me is the actors bonds both on and off screen. Throughout the seasons Booth and Brennan formed an unbreakable bond, they are the center “and the center must hold,” but the bond between teammates is also resilient, “we’re Booth’s people”; Booth would do anything for his “squints” and vice versa. The actors off screen are very close friends which helps the on screen chemistry; not many shows have the same kind of comradely and friendships that Bones is known for.

The creative story lines and special effects are some aspects that I love from the show, the corpses keep getting more elaborate and the cases keep getting more interesting. Special effects for the Angelator are amazing and all the different experiments or explosions that Hodgins’ performs are incredible and amusing. I also love how they find little minute details that can solve a case and how the show goes through different steps of questioning and interrogations similar to real police work.

The writers of Bones have provided insights into the characters past experiences, those experiences also help to explain why the characters are who they are. We know that both Booth and Brennan had traumatic childhoods; Brennan being abandoned by her parents and brother, forcing her to go into the forester care system, while Booth was abused by his alcoholic father and in the episode Mayhem on the Cross said that “If it wasn’t for my grandfather I probably would have killed myself when I was a kid.” The fact that both of them had a traumatic childhood, allows them to understand one another better than any one else, and it allows them to form a bond closer together. We also meet some of the characters’ family such as, Hank “pops” Booth, Parker Booth, Jared Booth, Russ Brennan, Max Keenan, Margaret Whitesell, Felicia Saroyan and Angela’s father. As we get more insight into the characters’ pasts we are able to understand them better and feel a closer connection to a character which is not present in most other shows.

The growth of Doctor Brennan is also another part of the show that is very fascinating throughout the series. If you look back into to the first season Brennan’s views on marriage and children are things that she said she will never do or have. In the later seasons Brennan doesn’t find marriage an archaic ritual but something which a person has to have good reasons to enter and her desire to have a child has grown astronomically, she even asked Booth to donate his “stuff” for her child, where before she did not want anything to do with children and she could not understand how parents could bring a child into such a cruel world. One of the biggest changes in Dr. Brennan would be her attitude towards other people, she is now more empathetic and shows more sympathy to others especially the families of the victims;in one of the recent cases she even told Booth that the victim could not have possibly been JFK because of the Bones density, however we later find out that there was still a chance that the person could have been JFK but she left that part out to spare Booth’s feelings and make him feel better.

This show has been much more then entertainment for me, it opened the world of anthropology to me; because of this show I took an anthropology course in high school and I absolutely love it. Now I am looking into minoring in anthropology and taking courses on forensics in university.

Bones also brings people together; I met one of my friends because of Bones. We were sitting in class and she saw my desktop picture of the 100th episode cake and we started talking about how we started watching the show and what our favourite episodes were. We constantly send emails to each other about the latest interview or information about what is going to happen later on season. Another example of how Bones brings people together would be this site and others where Bones fans talk about what happened on the show or where people write fan-fictions. This site has people from all over the world talking about the same show and they all share a common interest which would be their love of Bones.

Bones is a show that is seen all over the world with fans that are increasing by the episode. As previously mentioned Bones means a lot to me but I also believe it means a lot to everyone on this site and other who take their time to write, read or watch the show. Good TV shows can unit people while entertaining them and Bones is a show that does this perfectly. As fans, cast and crew celebrate this mile stone, they may ask the question what does Bones mean to me; and while they all might have different answers I think everyone would be able to agree that we would not be the same person or have the same friends that we do today if it wasn’t for Bones.
booth fan
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:23 pm

First I want to mention that while I wrote this something totally different than planned somehow appeared on paper or in this case on the monitor.

If I will be accepted as a judge forget about this entry it will then have absolutely nothing to do with the competition.

Anyway here we go.....

To tell you what 100 episodes of Bones mean to me I should probably start at the beginning of my addiction. Given the fact that I'm from Germany, I never even heard of this show till it was scheduled to air in Germany for the first time. (Back then I didn't spend every waking minute in front of my laptop yet.) At first I was reluctant to even watch it, because I'm a huge fan of Kathy Reichs' Temperance Brennan novels and I couldn't imagine a TV show ever coming close to how great those books were and still are.
Then I saw the first promo and who was there giving me that smile?
Exactly. David Boreanaz. Who could say no to that smile?
So I decided to give it a try. Couldn't hurt to watch an episode or two, right? Almost 100 episodes later I now realize how wrong I was.....
It didn't hurt, but it changed my life.

Bones stands for a crime fighting duo and their squints. It stands for disgusting bodies and strange crimes. But most of all it stands for Brennan and Booth, Bones and Booth or just plain and simple BB. There have been quite a lot shows that used the exact same thing. Two good looking people solving crimes together and having this chemistry. But it's different with BB. David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel managed to make those characters appear so alive and so real that it is a pleasure to watch them every week.

Great chemistry between the main characters doesn't make a great show though. What you also need are great additional cast members and with Michaela Conlin, T.J. Thyne and Eric Millegan the show had exactly that. The perfect cast. They all fit together great and made a great team. Tamara Taylor since season 2 and John Francis Daley since season 3 fit right in too.

All of this made Bones a great show, but it's not why I'm so addicted to this show.
It's the people all over the world who love that show and come together to talk about it, that make watching Bones even better.

When I first started watching I was looking for a nice place to talk about it. The German forum wasn't a place where I would want to be for longer then a few minutes though and so I finally made my way to the FOX-site and stumbled over the Boneyard. It appeared to be a nice place, but I was too shy to get an account. I was just sitting around and reading what others were talking about.

Around that time I also started reading my first Bones fanfics. Although I discovered FF.net too, I still loved to read the stories in the Boneyard, but more and more the chapter disappeared and then one morning no one was there anymore. All the people who wrote the nice stories and talked for hours were just gone. Some of them still stopped by occasionally but most of the time they were gone.

The Boneyard soon turned into a boring place and I was once again without a place to read all the latest news and rumors about Bones.
But I shouldn't be for too long, because only a few weeks later I stumbled right over the Ant-Boneyard. This time I didn't want to miss a single thing and finally got an account.
Now I sit in the IHBFC almost all day, waiting for someone to talk to me. Or I read the fanfics, discuss what will and what won't happen in the Spoiler section and drool over DB's hotness in the Hot Pics of DB thread.

But once again that's not what makes this show and the fandom so special.
The best thing of 100 episodes of Bones is the people I got to know and now call my friends from all over the world.

There is our Queen Admin Willgirl, we'll be thankful that she gave us this place forever. And her Co-Admins Sherry and Bug, who make sure that we can talk and have fun without having to worry about a single thing. Then there are the Moderators Rivi, Bella and Turi (I miss talking to you!) who keep us in line or at least try.
However there are also a plethora of other people from all over the world who are there to share happiness and sadness with, who listen to you when you are feeling down and try to cheer you up again, who will endure your happy ramblings when something great happens or who will just be there to be bored together.

So a huge part in making this 100 episodes something very special for me had:
Ashley, Cup, Addy, Alexa, Loe, AnaG, anteater, Bella, Kay, Bug, Cassi, Cheese, Claire, Dawn, Sherry, ehbee, Evi, Casey, Fab, Fluff, Fly, Mama, Francie, G, Gimme, heirofloki, Razz, Howie, Jay, Indy, Jonezy, Karlia, Kas, Kat, Kiki, K, Magic, Mary, Meegs, mereva, Mimo, Deb, MissFab, Nane, Niah, Danny, Phoebs, Pimp, Poly, Bess, Red, Rike, Rivi, Rolfi, Das, Sany, Sarah, Shakari, Snoop, space, squirt, Nicole, Szabrina, Tan, Gum, Rob, Tink, treble, Turi, Vane, Rae, Puppet, Willi and Court.

For those that haven't realized it, the names are in alphabetical order of the usernames. Didn't want anyone to feel more or less loved then the next one.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by _Sunny_ Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:56 pm

So I went with a fanfic for this challenge (song lyrics to one of the greatest Bones songs in history are also incorporated.) You'll see the theme is the same as my art and vid. 100 episodes still means family to me.

For the sake of the fanfiction, lets pretend that we're talking about "100 cases" instead of episodes. I know there have been more than a hundred cases on the show, but I want to keep the story in Bones Land instead of bringing it to the real world. Hope you enjoy, I haven't written a fanfic in over a year. :/

The lights go down on the cold chrome. There is no warming body out on the platform, no computer screens left glowing. For tonight there is no murder, no violence, and no victims. Tonight is about the living, and so the Lab is empty.

Who can you trust, in this place?

Years of memories live trapped within the white walls. They fight ghosts for dominance, and win. It is an unlikely home for many--for the brains and the hearts and the brawn.

And whom can I put my faith?

When the weekend ends and Monday morning is bright in the sky again, the Lab’s inhabitants will return. They’ll shift through bodies and dirt and suspects to solve the mystery of another tragic death.

If you're real, then show me now,

They’ll find the truth, just like they always do. They’ll work as a team, and be better off for it at the end of the day.

Who you are

But it’s more than work, and they’re far more than colleagues. It hasn’t always been that way. Looking back to six years ago, it’s hard to believe they ever made it past that first case.

How can I love, without grace?

The squints and the fed weren’t exactly a match made in heaven. This lab is home to those squints, a group made up of the kids that ate lunch by themselves in elementary school. They all contrasted with the ‘golden boys’ most of their lives. And when Seeley Booth came around it was no different.

Shine a light on your face,

It started with one case, and turned into a partnership. He and the famous anthropologist were the center. The center must hold, and it does.

If you're real, then show me now,

There was hate at the beginning—annoyance and disrespect.

Who you are

But somewhere between then and now, between one and one hounded, they had begun to trust each other. There was even love there now, where once there was nothing.

Blowing like a secret wind,

Special Agent Seeley Booth never thought in a million years, that those squints would be his people, his friends, and his family.

Pouring on my naked skin,

One hundred cases is a milestone anywhere, but for them it is so much more. In this lab, a hundred bodies have come and gone. Every one of them meant something. Every one of them changed something. And with every folder closed, the bonds of trust grow stronger.

Like a river flowing in the ocean.

When Monday morning comes, there will be one hundred and one cases. And as natural as anything, as simple as waking up and walking up that platform, their family will be better for it. The grief they hold for the victims will battle the warmth of home within the white walls. The years of loss will reflect from the steel tables just as vivid as the victories.

And when I turn to see your face,

But when it’s over, and someone else is at peace for eternity, and Friday night roles around again, they will leave the palace together. And for the weekend, there will be no murders or violence or victims. But there will always be family.

I saw a joy I could not place.
_Sunny_
_Sunny_
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by booth fan Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:00 pm

I love the song my ghost by glass pear, it's cool how you incorporated that.
booth fan
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by _Sunny_ Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:28 pm

booth fan wrote:I love the song my ghost by glass pear, it's cool how you incorporated that.
Thanks. I ran to download this song the second I heard it on the episode. It's so beautiful.
_Sunny_
_Sunny_
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down