Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ABY 100 Episodes Contest - UPDATE

+17
verticallychallangedcutie
Bonesfan47
DBCrazy
emma123bones
Kamandu
bones206
MoonlightGardenias
chucky89us
i_heart_bones
cynthia_brennanite
bugaboo628
Bonesbabe
spygrl
talkaboutbones
treble21
ToZiKa
Thnx4theGum
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The ABY 100 Episodes Contest - UPDATE Empty The ABY 100 Episodes Contest - UPDATE

Post by Thnx4theGum Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:21 pm

In the television industry, one hundred episodes is considered a landmark of success and as of April 8th, our beloved Bones will meet that mark. We at the ABY want you to help us celebrate by answering this question: “What do the 100 episodes of Bones mean to me?”

Because we know that no two Bones fans are alike, you may choose to answer this question in three ways. There is a limit of one entry per category, but you may enter all 3 categories if you’d like.

1) Fanart- The saying goes that a picture is worth a thousand words, but science has proven that it’s actually closer to one million. So if you “Hart Squart,” dig B&B, or just love puttering around in photoshop, then design a pic that shows us what 100 episodes of Bones means to you and post it in the appropriate thread. (Please NO Demily!)

2) Fanvid- Is there a song out there that just screams “Bones”? Can you pair it with scenes from seasons gone by that make us smile and squee? Maybe this will be your field to express yourself. Upload your vid to YouTube or BonesTube and post the link in the appropriate thread.

3) Essay/Fanfic- If writing is more your speed (it is mine) than simply answer the question above in 1,500 words or less and post it in the appropriate thread. Entries should be written in English and should strive to be grammatically sound.

By now you’re probably wondering how long do I have and- more importantly- what’s the prize?

Well…
• Deadline to enter in all categories is 11:59 PST, on March 27, 2010. Winners will be announced the on following Saturday, April 3rd.
• All participants will get a special Bonesy avatar just for playing- use it to display when you Tweet HH during the 100th episode!
• We will crown one winner in each category- prize is a copy of The Forensic Files; the most current Bones companion book.
• We will crown one OVERALL winner with a COCKY belt buckle!

We know there are some very talented people out there so warm up your laptops and get to work!

Let’s celebrate 100 episodes of Bones!!!!!!!!!!

toast cheers voila hippie sherlock smurf skully

Fanvid Entries

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Fanart Entries

Essay/Fanfiction Entries

EDIT: Announcing the winners has been delayed. See the winners on Sunday, April 11th.

Last edited by bugaboo628 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : new winner announcement date)
Thnx4theGum
Thnx4theGum
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

The ABY 100 Episodes Contest - UPDATE Empty Re: The ABY 100 Episodes Contest - UPDATE

Post by ToZiKa Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:47 pm

I would so love to do this, but photoshop hates me, I've never tried creating a vid and I'm not good at writing essays.....oh well maybe I'll give it a try anyway

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

The ABY 100 Episodes Contest - UPDATE Empty Re: The ABY 100 Episodes Contest - UPDATE

Post by treble21 Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:26 am

not so good with the creative side, but I saw on twitter that you were also looking for judges I'd love to assist with that if you still need people
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by talkaboutbones Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:46 am

Can members outside the US join the contest?
talkaboutbones
talkaboutbones
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 32
Say What You Want : BB 2gether 4ever
Registration date : 2010-02-21

http://talkaboutbones.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spygrl Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:20 am

OOOH I can enter all three catagories and up my chance to win! Smile
spygrl
spygrl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesbabe Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:21 am

talkaboutbones wrote:Can members outside the US join the contest?

i was going to ask this too.....so can we?

bluefish

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:56 am

Yup! Members outside of the US are welcome!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by cynthia_brennanite Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Want to be a judge!!!
cynthia_brennanite
cynthia_brennanite
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 71
Say What You Want : I'M A HUGE BONES FAN FOR PR, BUT I GUESS OVER HERE WE ALL ARE! SO I FEEL @ HOME....LOL! JUST MAKING NEW FRIENDS WHO SHARE THE SAME PASSION FOR B&B...
Registration date : 2010-02-13

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=10

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:58 pm

ToZiKa wrote:I would so love to do this, but photoshop hates me, I've never tried creating a vid and I'm not good at writing essays.....oh well maybe I'll give it a try anyway

Ditto!
Its ironic that im spending the next year of my life writing a 20,000 word thesis!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:34 pm

treble21 wrote:not so good with the creative side, but I saw on twitter that you were also looking for judges I'd love to assist with that if you still need people

Definately! Are you following theABY on Twitter? What is your username?
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:34 pm

cynthia_brennanite wrote:Want to be a judge!!!

Perfect! Thank you!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by chucky89us Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:52 am

I'll be a judge!
chucky89us
chucky89us

Number of posts : 4
Say What You Want : l
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:35 am

chucky89us wrote:I'll be a judge!

Perfect! Thanks!
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:25 am

bugaboo628 wrote:
treble21 wrote:not so good with the creative side, but I saw on twitter that you were also looking for judges I'd love to assist with that if you still need people

Definately! Are you following theABY on Twitter? What is your username?

yep user name is jayme1979 Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:30 am

Oh there was also the possibility of being a judge.....didn't even know that

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm not very good with photoshop or making vids, but I do write so maybe I'll try to write up an essay, or even a fic if I can. I've been looking for something to break me out of my rut anyway, so it would be good for inspiration too. Sounds cool! Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by bones206 Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:33 am

Is there any posible way that I can be a judge?
bones206
bones206
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2057
Say What You Want : I want to go ride my horse. I love my horse. I want to watch the new episodes of Bones. I want to talk to my friends about Bones. But, most of friends don't watch Bones. Sad
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamandu Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:48 am

I'm on it..
Kamandu
Kamandu

Number of posts : 5
Say What You Want : Wanna see the fastest draw in the west?
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by emma123bones Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:48 pm

I think I may enter if I have time during college. I do fan videos already and I just got a new tablet a few months ago so I might try it out.
Would it be possible to do a real life drawing for the fan art as this is what I love doing? x
emma123bones
emma123bones

Number of posts : 8
Say What You Want :
www.twitter.com/EJBx

Registration date : 2010-02-15

http://e-m-m-a--j-a-n-e.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Hi!
I've a problem. I'd like to participate but unfortunately I'm going to do body searches (I study archaeology and anthropology) from 1st till 15 April. So I won't be there for the 100th episode's airing Sad
I'd like to know if I can still participate? I'd like to write a fanfiction and maybe make a fanvid.
Thank you for the answering.
Bye Very Happy

PS: Sorry if I wrote mistaken. I'm from Belgium and I don't speak English a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:55 am

daffybones wrote:Hi!
I've a problem. I'd like to participate but unfortunately I'm going to do body searches (I study archaeology and anthropology) from 1st till 15 April. So I won't be there for the 100th episode's airing Sad
I'd like to know if I can still participate? I'd like to write a fanfiction and maybe make a fanvid.
Thank you for the answering.
Bye Very Happy

PS: Sorry if I wrote mistaken. I'm from Belgium and I don't speak English a lot.
Hi, daffybones! Welcome to theABY! It's so cool to have another anthropologist here on the board!!

I'd love to see what you're going to enter, but ...
bug wrote:Deadline to enter in all categories is 11:59 PST, on March 27, 2010.
so you'll have to get busy and get those in BEFORE you head off on your body searches.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:03 am

Hi! Thank you for the answering. Of course I am going to make those before I leave XD I already have an idea for a fanvid.
Actually we have to make something about what all 5 years of Bones means to us? Right?
I'm really happy to be here XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Thnx4theGum Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 pm

emma123bones wrote:I think I may enter if I have time during college. I do fan videos already and I just got a new tablet a few months ago so I might try it out.
Would it be possible to do a real life drawing for the fan art as this is what I love doing? x

Hand-drawn/real-life is just fine! Look forward to seeing it! Smile
Thnx4theGum
Thnx4theGum
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thnx4theGum Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:53 pm

daffybones wrote:Hi! Thank you for the answering. Of course I am going to make those before I leave XD I already have an idea for a fanvid.
Actually we have to make something about what all 5 years of Bones means to us? Right?
I'm really happy to be here XD

Yup all 5 years and if you can do one to "At the Beginning" from Anastasia I'll be your biggest fan...vids and I don't do all that well...

Oh and WELCOME!
Thnx4theGum
Thnx4theGum
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Thnx4theGum wrote:Yup all 5 years and if you can do one to "At the Beginning" from Anastasia I'll be your biggest fan...vids and I don't do all that well...

Oh and WELCOME!

I'm going to think about this song...
I had the idea for the video but not for the song so maybe I'm going to take this one. Thank for the idea!
I already made some vids but not as well as the one I'm preparing to do... (youtube.com/daffyriri if you want to watch them) Laughing

NB : I just heard the song. I though you were speaking about the singer and it was actually the animated cartoon Cool
This song is going too well with what I was thinking for the video! Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum