Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FANFICTION RULES!

5 posters

Go down

FANFICTION RULES! Empty FANFICTION RULES!

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:51 am

Fanfiction Rules.

It's true, it does. That can't be denied.

Authors and Artists put their hard work in to creating stories, videos, pictures, avatars, signatures and more.

Leaving a review is a sign that you enjoyed their work. Since we can't be paid in cash, being paid in reviews is just as nice. Sometimes it's difficult to know what to say, especially if you think it's already been said. It's totally okay to be repetitive or even just leave a short review. It's nice to know you are out there.

Guidelines for Posting

Under the title of your story, if you could put the pairing (B/B, etc)the genre (fluff, angst, etc) and a rating that would be great! We can use the same ratings as on fanfiction.net which are as follows:

:arrow: K- Intended for general audience 5 years and older. Content should be free of any coarse language, violence, and adult themes.
:arrow: K+ - Suitable for more mature childen, 9 years and older, with minor action violence without serious injury. May contain mild coarse language. Should not contain any adult themes.
:arrow: T - (aka PG13) Suitable for teens, 13 years and older, with some violence, minor coarse language, and minor suggestive adult themes.
:arrow: M - Not suitable for children or teens below the age of 16 with possible strong but non-explicit adult themes, references to violence, and strong coarse language.
:arrow: MA - Content is only suitable for mature adults. May contain explicit language and adult themes.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

FANFICTION RULES! Empty Re: FANFICTION RULES!

Post by willgirl Wed May 20, 2009 2:15 am

Update:

I just realized that I didn't include this in the rules however, for this site, I would appreciate it if there were no 'Demily' fics. I feel this way for many reasons. There are some great livejournal sites where you can post these stories though!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:05 am

Do the fics have to be complete, or can they be an ongonig fic?

dawn

dawn
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:14 am

dawn wrote:Do the fics have to be complete, or can they be an ongonig fic?

dawn
No, you don't have to have them complete. Most ongoing fics are posted a chapter or two at a time. Go ahead, publish a fic for us to read! Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 am

I already posted a complete one, but I have several that are on going, I can't figure out how to add a post, after the first chapter.
thanks

dawn

dawn
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:35 am

dawn wrote:I already posted a complete one, but I have several that are on going, I can't figure out how to add a post, after the first chapter.
thanks

dawn

We just add them in a new post
you don't have to post everything at the top of the thread here.
post your first chapter (or how many you want to post at the beginning), people leave reviews under that post and under the reviews you post the next chapter

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

FANFICTION RULES! Empty Re: rules

Post by kat0505 Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:20 am

Hi,

can i ask if it's obligated to have my fanfic story being checked out first before posting, and so by who? And do i just post my story then as a new topic?

I've never written an English story before, you see, i'm from Belgium. But English has been like my second language here (through my family living in the USA with whom i've regularly corresponded with).

I'm having a nice story on my mind which i want to write down. Can i do that?
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:15 am

kat0505 wrote:Hi,

can i ask if it's obligated to have my fanfic story being checked out first before posting, and so by who? And do i just post my story then as a new topic?

I've never written an English story before, you see, i'm from Belgium. But English has been like my second language here (through my family living in the USA with whom i've regularly corresponded with).

I'm having a nice story on my mind which i want to write down. Can i do that?
Kat,

There's nobody to run your story by, so when you have a chapter ready to post, yes, just start a New Topic. Some people give some indication if it's a one-shot or an on-going story, and the rating (especially if it's M-rated).

I wouldn't worry about your English too much. There are people here from all over the world so we totally understand. Believe me, I'd feel on top of the world if I could put the slightest bit of a post together in a second language, let alone a story! If you want to run it by someone you can look in our Beta thread here in the FanFiction forum, or maybe put a request in there that you're looking for one.

DBCrazy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:35 am

Okay, thanks!

The story is in my mind, just need to write it down and then i'll post it.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum