Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone else think Bones is Naive?

+5
G
A2BOREANAZ
treble21
CanadianBones
RGPageantqueen
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does anyone else think Bones is Naive? Empty Does anyone else think Bones is Naive?

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:37 am

I'm watching the second half of Yanks, and Pritchard just told Brennan not to "climb everest" or something along those lines, and Brennan's reply is "I can't Ian's dead" and she was like "Yeah, thats who I was talking about" IE telling her not to sleep with Booth and she just looks at Pritchard with a confused look on her face. I mean she's a genius right? How can she be so stupid? Or is she just naive.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else think Bones is Naive? Empty Re: Does anyone else think Bones is Naive?

Post by CanadianBones Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:28 pm

I thought Pritchard was telling her to sleep with Booth???? scratch
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else think Bones is Naive? Empty Re: Does anyone else think Bones is Naive?

Post by treble21 Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:50 pm

She was telling Brennan to sleep with Booth.
She's not naive, she's just book smart not street smart, which means that she could tell you what the definition of a euphamisim (sp?) is, But sometimes she's not be able to decipher if one was actually being used in a conversation. althought that is an aspect of Brennan's character that appears and disappears at the writers discretion.....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:07 pm

It does kind of come and go but it sounded like she was
Telling her not to jump on that train. But I agree she definitely should sleep with booth.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:23 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:I'm watching the second half of Yanks, and Pritchard just told Brennan not to "climb everest" or something along those lines, and Brennan's reply is "I can't Ian's dead" and she was like "Yeah, thats who I was talking about" IE telling her not to sleep with Booth and she just looks at Pritchard with a confused look on her face. I mean she's a genius right? How can she be so stupid? Or is she just naive.
pritchard told her NOT TO FORGO CLIMBING EVEREST.....in other words....give booth a chance and go for it....

and are you serious when you start a new thread for this kind of stuff???
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by G Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:15 am

I think Bones' naivity is one of her character's most endearing traits. But really? It's season 5. Surely this isn't new to anyone.
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:22 am

A2BOREANAZ wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:I'm watching the second half of Yanks, and Pritchard just told Brennan not to "climb everest" or something along those lines, and Brennan's reply is "I can't Ian's dead" and she was like "Yeah, thats who I was talking about" IE telling her not to sleep with Booth and she just looks at Pritchard with a confused look on her face. I mean she's a genius right? How can she be so stupid? Or is she just naive.
pritchard told her NOT TO FORGO CLIMBING EVEREST.....in other words....give booth a chance and go for it....

Whats wrong with asking a question? It just came to me when we were watching the episode last night. I guess I didn't understand what Pritchard meant when she said not to forgo everest.

I do agree her naivity is endearing, but sometimes you just sit there and shake your head and think either she's playing the naive card so she doesn't have to deal with her feelings for Booth or she just honestly doesn't understand.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by G Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:
A2BOREANAZ wrote:

Whats wrong with asking a question? It just came to me when we were watching the episode last night. I guess I didn't understand what Pritchard meant when she said not to forgo everest.

I do agree her naivity is endearing, but sometimes you just sit there and shake your head and think either she's playing the naive card so she doesn't have to deal with her feelings for Booth or she just honestly doesn't understand.
I actually don't sit here and shake my head, at that anyway, I just watch the show in hopes that all will be revealed in time. If we knew all the answers in the 1st episode, what would be the joy of watching?
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:40 am

G-Woman wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:
A2BOREANAZ wrote:

I actually don't sit here and shake my head, at that anyway, I just watch the show in hopes that all will be revealed in time. If we knew all the answers in the 1st episode, what would be the joy of watching?

True True. I just wasn't sure if she just doesn't want to confront her feelings for Booth (since she can easily rationalize her feelings for every other guy, but seems to come up speechless when it comes to Booth) or if she is just truly confused. I would think it was the first one.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 am

I think Brennan is more street smart than we think she is. I think there are just conversations that she doesn't want to have. By dumbing herself down she can get out of the situation pretty quickly.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:26 am

bugaboo628 wrote:I think Brennan is more street smart than we think she is. I think there are just conversations that she doesn't want to have. By dumbing herself down she can get out of the situation pretty quickly.

I was thinking that too. Playing dumb to avoid certain situations. Though it's something she'll eventually have to deal with. I can't wait for the 100th episode!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 pm

She could be genuinely dense, you know. Some people are incapable of catching subtle hints (believe me, I know) no matter how smart they are--and Booth's been pretty subtle. At least in comparison to any other man in her experience. Once she clues in, she'll see what's been going on. And I mean clues in about how he feels. Booth might be in for a real surprise once she realizes and acts! (Soon, HH--you hear me? Soon!)
She's probably pretty sure on what she's feeling by now. All those speaking looks...

queen

I'm aware this is not a universally held opinion, but it's what I can see happening...
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:42 am

dawnsfire wrote:She could be genuinely dense, you know. Some people are incapable of catching subtle hints (believe me, I know) no matter how smart they are--and Booth's been pretty subtle. At least in comparison to any other man in her experience. Once she clues in, she'll see what's been going on. And I mean clues in about how he feels. Booth might be in for a real surprise once she realizes and acts! (Soon, HH--you hear me? Soon!)
She's probably pretty sure on what she's feeling by now. All those speaking looks...

queen

I'm aware this is not a universally held opinion, but it's what I can see happening...

TOTALLY agree with you on this! You took the words out of my mouth. Once she realizes how Booth feels, she'll react...BIG TIME. Now, she very well *might* freak out and run big time, but hopefully she'll come to her senses and run right into his arms. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 am

maybe she is just waiting for more evidence to come in on Booth before she makes a conclusion
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:51 am

Meegs82 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:She could be genuinely dense, you know. Some people are incapable of catching subtle hints (believe me, I know) no matter how smart they are--and Booth's been pretty subtle. At least in comparison to any other man in her experience. Once she clues in, she'll see what's been going on. And I mean clues in about how he feels. Booth might be in for a real surprise once she realizes and acts! (Soon, HH--you hear me? Soon!)

queen

TOTALLY agree with you on this! You took the words out of my mouth. Once she realizes how Booth feels, she'll react...BIG TIME. Now, she very well *might* freak out and run big time, but hopefully she'll come to her senses and run right into his arms. Smile
I've been wondering about that. We all know, as Booth reminds us frequently, that you can't rush her right? At the same time, when she makes her mind up she doesn't mess around. She goes all in, or bales, not a lot of middle ground. Here's the thing. If I'm right, and she knows how she feels, she's just waiting for Booth to catch up then when she finds out he's in love with her I'm betting she jumps him. In fact I'm favorting the whole "Booth wants to take it slow and date, Brennan thinks that he actually suffered brain damage because five years is slow enough - sex NOW!" line of reasoning. Or to put it another way:

Brennan 2.00 => 30% Agrees to Date / 70% Jumps Booth
Brennan 1.75 => 50% Runs / 50% Agrees to Date
Brennan 1.50 => 70% Runs / 30% Cautiously Optimistic

Whaddya think?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:12 pm

I don't get your chart there Rob, but I understand everything else. Queen, I definitely agree with you. She's dense in some parts of life and sensitive in how she reacts to any situation that revolves around her feelings for Booth. I agree she knows how she feels for him, and that she's waiting for him to come around. But Maybe he is on the same boat, and neither of them are going to make that first move for several of their own reasons (ie, it's rational that she doesn't express her feelings as to not compromise the working relationship. Whereas, He has such strong feelings for her that he doesn't want to face rejection simply because it'd be too hard to bear) so they both not say anything and sit back waiting on the other, all the while time ticks away. Time that could be spent in splendor with each other. They may even regret not getting together sooner, cause honestly, they ain't getting any younger here, kids! Smile

Not to mention that they can't go forever without someone eventually cracking. I got my money on Booth, as soon as he gets his act together, it's a matter of time before he cracks. I hope however, that moment plays out it will definitely be to our liking. All this pent up emotion, the big moment better be executed brilliantly.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Sorry about that El, to really get my chart you need to have read the discussion Meegs and I had earlier - basically I go on and on about this being Booth 2.0 - the new and improved Booth, no more goofball, now he's serious about Brennan and willing to admit he loves her. Well the question is, is Brennan there (Brennan 2.0) or is she still in the process of getting there?

If she's got a ways to go, like the end of the season, then she's Brennan 1.50, if she's almost but not quite there then she's Brennan 1.75, but if she's admitted to herself she's in love with Booth, but she's just waiting to know how he feels, then she's Brennan 2.00.

That help?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 pm

THX1138 wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:

queen

I've been wondering about that. We all know, as Booth reminds us frequently, that you can't rush her right? At the same time, when she makes her mind up she doesn't mess around. She goes all in, or bales, not a lot of middle ground. Here's the thing. If I'm right, and she knows how she feels, she's just waiting for Booth to catch up then when she finds out he's in love with her I'm betting she jumps him. In fact I'm favorting the whole "Booth wants to take it slow and date, Brennan thinks that he actually suffered brain damage because five years is slow enough - sex NOW!" line of reasoning. Or to put it another way:

Brennan 2.00 => 30% Agrees to Date / 70% Jumps Booth
Brennan 1.75 => 50% Runs / 50% Agrees to Date
Brennan 1.50 => 70% Runs / 30% Cautiously Optimistic

Whaddya think?

king RM
Nice restatement, Rob. So basically, most of us think she knows how she feels about him (even if she might not phrase it as LOVE) and isn't sure about how he feels. We all know how he feels, he's so head over heels it's ridiculous (not to mention chicken)--so it's just a matter of time before one of them acts. Who's more likely to break first, do you think?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:18 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Nice restatement, Rob. So basically, most of us think she knows how she feels about him (even if she might not phrase it as LOVE) and isn't sure about how he feels. We all know how he feels, he's so head over heels it's ridiculous (not to mention chicken)--so it's just a matter of time before one of them acts. Who's more likely to break first, do you think?

queen
Honestly? I'm banking on Brennan. I can see her getting pushed by Booth's behavior to the point that she's absolutely flustered as hell and can't take it anymore. She'll start jabbering on about some anthropological something or other and the words "I love you" will just spill out. Booth won't say anything right away and she'll be half way to her apartment before it sinks in. Any takers?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:25 pm

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:Nice restatement, Rob. So basically, most of us think she knows how she feels about him (even if she might not phrase it as LOVE) and isn't sure about how he feels. We all know how he feels, he's so head over heels it's ridiculous (not to mention chicken)--so it's just a matter of time before one of them acts. Who's more likely to break first, do you think?

queen
Honestly? I'm banking on Brennan. I can see her getting pushed by Booth's behavior to the point that she's absolutely flustered as hell and can't take it anymore. She'll start jabbering on about some anthropological something or other and the words "I love you" will just spill out. Booth won't say anything right away and she'll be half way to her apartment before it sinks in. Any takers?

king RM
Sounds like a reversal of the infamous scene in Harbingers, in its way. Could bookend the season, should they stick something like that into the finale...cliffhanger is him standing outside her door either knocking or about to. That's if they're really mean. Better would be her opening the door and he just plants one on her...and fade out. I'd enjoy seeing that!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Rob, I think the chart is PERFECT. Smile And it all makes perfect sense to me. I'm still going with Brennan 1.75 for now, although I could still see her running if something terrible happened to Booth 'cuz quite frankly, she could't handle losing him again...and for "real." I don't think that will happen, it sounds more fic-ish (in fact, I started a fic based on this, but abandoned it). I'm gonna go with you on Brennan breaking first. I would LOVE to see her spouting anthropological nonsense and then OOPS! those 3 little words burst out and then it'll be impossible to deny it any longer...for both of them. Ah, what a FABULOUS moment that would be!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Although, I must say that I am a fan of the whole Booth-gets-so-frustrated-he-practically-knocks-her-over-with-a-passionate-kiss-while-they're-bickering thing too. Wink
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Although, I must say that I am a fan of the whole Booth-gets-so-frustrated-he-practically-knocks-her-over-with-a-passionate-kiss-while-they're-bickering thing too. Wink
Always a fan favorite!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:41 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Sounds like a reversal of the infamous scene in Harbingers, in its way. Could bookend the season, should they stick something like that into the finale...cliffhanger is him standing outside her door either knocking or about to. That's if they're really mean. Better would be her opening the door and he just plants one on her...and fade out. I'd enjoy seeing that!

queen
I like everything but them waiting until the end of the season - now if they could do it a tad sooner...like first episode back from the Winter break, of worst case pull another TCitC and have the admission come in the penultimate episode, repercussions, ramifications, and hot sweaty sex in the season finale. Or is that just me?

Meegs82 wrote:Rob, I think the chart is PERFECT. Smile And it all makes perfect sense to me. I'm still going with Brennan 1.75 for now, although I could still see her running if something terrible happened to Booth 'cuz quite frankly, she could't handle losing him again...and for "real." I don't think that will happen, it sounds more fic-ish (in fact, I started a fic based on this, but abandoned it). I'm gonna go with you on Brennan breaking first. I would LOVE to see her spouting anthropological nonsense and then OOPS! those 3 little words burst out and then it'll be impossible to deny it any longer...for both of them. Ah, what a FABULOUS moment that would be!
Although I'm a Brennan 2.0 advocate I can be persuaded she's only at 1.75, certainly there are times (her smiling back with Hacker? WTF?) when she acts like she's noooot quite there yet. That said, the more I think about it the more sold I am on my scenario where she has the breakdown and says it first. The mileage she can get out of that ("I said I love you!" "Well I said it first!") would be almost too pricelss.

Meegs82 wrote:Although, I must say that I am a fan of the whole Booth-gets-so-frustrated-he-practically-knocks-her-over-with-a-passionate-kiss-while-they're-bickering thing too. Wink
Yeah, same here. Especially since she's the one who practically mugged him during the mistletoe kiss. Dude needs to man up and kiss her already!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:51 pm

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:Sounds like a reversal of the infamous scene in Harbingers, in its way. Could bookend the season, should they stick something like that into the finale...cliffhanger is him standing outside her door either knocking or about to. That's if they're really mean. Better would be her opening the door and he just plants one on her...and fade out. I'd enjoy seeing that!

queen
I like everything but them waiting until the end of the season - now if they could do it a tad sooner...like first episode back from the Winter break, of worst case pull another TCitC and have the admission come in the penultimate episode, repercussions, ramifications, and hot sweaty sex in the season finale. Or is that just me?
Well, of course, I'd like to see it sooner, but you know HH and his warped ways. And to be honest, I can almost see the sense in bookending, since this entire season is all about echoes...the EitB stuff, the reflections of previous seasons.

*thinks a bit*

maybe that's the end scene in #100... Shocked Very Happy It would fit some of the spoilers, wouldn't it? *zipping lips*

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next