Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily - Article in USA Today

Go down

Emily - Article in USA Today Empty Emily - Article in USA Today

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:30 am

Posted by space on the 08/05/2008 at 23:17:05 (09/05/2008 00:17:05 AM)

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

'Bones' star Emily Deschanel just wants to have fun

LOS ANGELES — As she does most every weekend, Bones star Emily Deschanel is spending her Sunday morning shopping at a Hollywood farmers' market near her home.
A strict vegan, she has avoided all animal products for 15 years, ever since watching a documentary about the meat industry. Her lifestyle extends to avoiding leather clothing or consuming even honey because "sometimes," she says, "they kill the bees." As a result, she is forced to forgo many samples along the route.

But Deschanel's icy character, forensic anthropologist Temperance "Bones" Brennan, has no problem interacting with freshly butchered bodies on the Fox crime drama. With two episodes remaining in the third season (Mondays, 8 p.m. ET/PT), Deschanel hints that viewers will soon learn the shocking identity of cannibalistic serial killer Gormogon's apprentice.

She and her on-screen crime-solving partner, David Boreanaz (FBI Agent Booth), were named producers on the show this season, which has upped their creative input.

"David had it in his contract, and I think they wanted to do something to make me feel equal with him, which is nice," she explains. "We're definitely more involved in the show and where it goes … if there are story lines or plot points we feel aren't right for the characters."

But Deschanel insists she had nothing to do with Monday's episode, which finds her providing some comic relief. Former American Idol finalists Ace Young and Brandon Rogers guest-star in a story line that culminates with Deschanel singing a Cyndi Lauper standard. Though she can carry a tune, the actress, 31, hasn't performed much before an audience since grade-school productions of The Mikado and Into the Woods.

That playful side is more akin to her own personality, and the market experience does bring out her inner child.

Realizing she has left her environmentally friendly shopping bag in her car, she makes a mad dash back and returns. Out of breath, she apologizes for taking so long, having run into a few friends along the way.

"I love the atmosphere here," Deschanel says, filling her bag with avocados. "I make a good guacamole, if I do say so myself."

At the end of one street, she spots a friend selling some Play-Doh-like Eco-Dough and picks up a complete set for a friend's child.

Reaching her favorite vegan soul food stand, she orders a to-go plate of veggie pot roast, greens, cornbread and black-eyed peas that she will take home to the duplex she shares with her vegetarian kid sister, Zooey, 28, also an actress (Elf).

Later in the afternoon, she and her boyfriend are taking a Jewish food cooking class. She declines to name her beau, explaining: "The last time I talked about my (ex) boyfriend, we had broken up by the time the article came out."

She's far more comfortable discussing her unique relationship with Boreanaz. "We drive each other crazy," she says. "I'm such a nosy person that I need to get in there when he's having a conversation with the director. But we laugh about it."

He's "like a kid," she says. "He'll take down his pants and moon people." And, "He'll try to kiss me and stuff, and I'll be like, 'Uhhhh!' "

Having a co-worker try to kiss you? For Deschanel, that's worse than a bloody body any day.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Emily - Article in USA Today Empty Posted by Eviaded on the 08/05/2008 at 23:19:54 (09/05/2008 00:19:54 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:21 am

To have DB try to kiss you all the time...poor thing!

Great article Smile Thanks for posting!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥

Back to top Go down

Emily - Article in USA Today Empty Posted by willgirl on the 08/05/2008 at 23:36:56 (09/05/2008 00:36:56 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:22 am

Great article Space! Thanks for the post!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily - Article in USA Today Empty Posted by Meegs82 on the 13/05/2008 at 03:29:28 (13/05/2008 04:29:28 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:22 am

Thanks bunches! Great article!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily - Article in USA Today Empty Posted by Temperance Rose on the 28/05/2008 at 05:03:01 (28/05/2008 06:03:01 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:23 am

aww she seems like such a sweet person!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily - Article in USA Today Empty Posted by Teardropsonmyguitar86 on the 28/05/2008 at 06:35:06 (28/05/2008 07:35:06 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:24 am

she does seem like a sweet person, and i like your siggy meegs!!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily - Article in USA Today Empty Posted by magicstar on the 28/05/2008 at 17:33:55 (28/05/2008 06:33:55 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:24 am

wow he moons on set...what a tough job the other ladies on set have...to look at his arse!!!

She does come across as such a nice person..i like nice people x
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily - Article in USA Today Empty Posted by Teardropsonmyguitar86 on the 29/05/2008 at 07:26:49 (29/05/2008 08:26:49 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:25 am

haha magic, i think most of us like nice people! Very Happy
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily - Article in USA Today Empty Posted by Sarah9488 on the 30/05/2008 at 03:23:14 (30/05/2008 04:23:14 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:26 am

I love the pic. She is such a natural beauty.

"And I'll be like 'Uhhhh'"
haha, sounds a lot like my youngest sister who's in kindergarten, when my sister, who's in first grade, told her boys doesn't bother girls as soon if they try to kiss them. =D
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily - Article in USA Today Empty Re: Emily - Article in USA Today

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down