Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mini Emily article.

+3
i_heart_bones
THX1138
RGPageantqueen
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

mini Emily article. Empty mini Emily article.

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:29 pm

In one of my moms magazines she found a small article on Emily's healthy skin, and the article basically about how she gave up soy because it made her skin break out and that her favorite meal is seitan piccata from a cookbook called the millenium cookbook. It also said that she likes to eat a lot of veggies and take baths at night while reading a good book (I used to do that till I dropped the book in the tub.) that was really the most of it, some few stuff on the cleansers she uses and make up she uses and stuff.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

mini Emily article. Empty Re: mini Emily article.

Post by THX1138 Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:18 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:In one of my moms magazines she found a small article on Emily's healthy skin, and the article basically about how she gave up soy because it made her skin break out and that her favorite meal is seitan piccata from a cookbook called the millenium cookbook. It also said that she likes to eat a lot of veggies and take baths at night while reading a good book (I used to do that till I dropped the book in the tub.) that was really the most of it, some few stuff on the cleansers she uses and make up she uses and stuff.
That's interesting, that she had to give up soy because of the effect it had on her skin. It really shows her commitment to the vegan lifestyle too, since most vegans I know seem to be married to soy. Personally from the few times I've eaten any sort of mock meat I find seitan to be quite tasty and texture-wise far superior to soy based products. Good thing she's not allergic to wheat gluten or she'd be screwed.

BWT, what's with women and baths? I mean I get that they're relaxing and all, but they just seem unhygenic to me. You're basically stewing in your own filth, like some sort of 'you soup'. Although reading the book in the bath is far superior than trying to read one in the shower.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:31 pm

I do this, rob. I bathe if I want to relax, read a book, light some candles. When I'm done, I shower. I know what you mean by sitting in your own filth... I totally shower afterwards.

Soy increases your estrogen level and could increase your chances of getting breast cancer, so it's good she stopped even if that wasn't the reason for it. And her sister is allergic to wheat gluten....
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:45 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:I do this, rob. I bathe if I want to relax, read a book, light some candles. When I'm done, I shower. I know what you mean by sitting in your own filth... I totally shower afterwards.
Okay, now that makes sense to me, I guess I just haven't taken a bath since I was like, I don't know, five? So the whole concept is just foreign to me, althought the way you describe it, it does sound relaxing.

Soy increases your estrogen level and could increase your chances of getting breast cancer, so it's good she stopped even if that wasn't the reason for it. And her sister is allergic to wheat gluten....
wow, see learn something new every day. I knew about elevated estrogen levels and breast cancer, but not the soy as a contributing factor, and I didn't know Zooey was alergic to wheat. Is she a vegetarian also? If so I wonder if she's all soy and Em's all seitan. That'd be interesting.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Zooey is not a vegetarian, but she enjoys t he stuff Emily eats so she eats a lot of mixed stuff. But i read somewhere that her favorite food was chicken Ceasar Salad. But she has a lot of food allergies to like wheat and egg and gluten and stuff like that.

Baths are very relaxing. But I prefer the hot tub cause of the jets... Dare I say it, not for THAT! Wink
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:02 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:Zooey is not a vegetarian, but she enjoys t he stuff Emily eats so she eats a lot of mixed stuff. But i read somewhere that her favorite food was chicken Ceasar Salad. But she has a lot of food allergies to like wheat and egg and gluten and stuff like that.
See I feel bad for Zooey, it sucks when you have food allergies. I don't really have any, I mean I'm lactose intollerant but not bad, and ocotopus gives me heartburn like the dickens, but other than that I can eat anything.

Baths are very relaxing. But I prefer the hot tub cause of the jets... Dare I say it, not for THAT! Wink
I'm with you on the hot tub and the jets...and I'm not saying any more than that. Wink

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:09 pm

whyyyyyy would you eat octopus??? Is lactose intollerant even a real thing? I heard it was like extremely rare.

well then atleast we are on the same page, Wink
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:13 pm

THX1138 wrote:

BWT, what's with women and baths? I mean I get that they're relaxing and all, but they just seem unhygenic to me. You're basically stewing in your own filth, like some sort of 'you soup'. Although reading the book in the bath is far superior than trying to read one in the shower.

RM

Well i dont know about the other ladies, but im usually not filthy when i get into a bath...tend to shower every morning and night...or shower in the morning with a bath at night....i certainly don't spend my day rolling in mud, so am usually not "stewing in my own filth" Razz
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:17 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:whyyyyyy would you eat octopus??? Is lactose intollerant even a real thing? I heard it was like extremely rare.
Really good Japanese restaurant and the Octopus is actually quite tastey, it just gives me heartburn. Oh, and lactose intollerance is real, it's just that I think it becomes more common when you get older.

Heh, I was gonna say something but we're doing so good and Toz hasn't had to yell at us once, so I won't. Laughing

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:19 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

Well i dont know about the other ladies, but im usually not filthy when i get into a bath...tend to shower every morning and night...or shower in the morning with a bath at night....i certainly don't spend my day rolling in mud, so am usually not "stewing in my own filth" Razz

No but you've collected dirt and filth along the way. Just going outside, you sweat and dirt lands on you, I mean you don't have to be mud wrestling, but you're still somewhat dirty even if you showered that morning.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:19 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:Is lactose intollerant even a real thing? I heard it was like extremely rare.
)

My sister is lactose intollerant...sucks to be her!! haha although she always tells me it sucks to be a vegetarian, but i love it!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:20 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

No but you've collected dirt and filth along the way. Just going outside, you sweat and dirt lands on you, I mean you don't have to be mud wrestling, but you're still somewhat dirty even if you showered that morning.

True true but not in the extreme sense that you're going to be dirtier once you step out of the bath....
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:21 pm

THX1138 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:whyyyyyy would you eat octopus??? Is lactose intollerant even a real thing? I heard it was like extremely rare.
Really good Japanese restaurant and the Octopus is actually quite tastey, it just gives me heartburn. Oh, and lactose intollerance is real, it's just that I think it becomes more common when you get older.

Heh, I was gonna say something but we're doing so good and Toz hasn't had to yell at us once, so I won't. Laughing

RM

Thats why they created the PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM, get it.... so no one else will see it but us... ahhhhh, yeah, cool little invention huh? Go on it's ok to stare. Wink

there goes my sarcasm roll again... one day i'll learn to shut it up.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:22 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

True true but not in the extreme sense that you're going to be dirtier once you step out of the bath....

But you aren't fully clean, thats his point, so a bath is great to relax, but it's not conducive to getting clean. I don't recommend a bath for the sheer purpose of beong clean.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:24 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

okay, then maybe your blanching in it, or possibly sauteeing... j/k Naw, I men I get it now, sort of, it's just odd to me. It's like my gf taking a shower and not washing her hair. I'm like, 'How can you not wash your hair? And if you're only washing it once every two or three times you shower exactly why do you have six different types of shampoo and four different types of conditioner in the bathroom along with your collection of loofas and body scrubby things and that wierd back scrubber thing of yours?' Oy.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:25 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

okay, then maybe your blanching in it, or possibly sauteeing... j/k Naw, I men I get it now, sort of, it's just odd to me. It's like my gf taking a shower and not washing her hair. I'm like, 'How can you not wash your hair? And if you're only washing it once every two or three times you shower exactly why do you have six different types of shampoo and four different types of conditioner in the bathroom along with your collection of loofas and body scrubby things and that wierd back scrubber thing of yours?' Oy.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:27 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:
i_heart_bones wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

RM

But you aren't fully clean, thats his point, so a bath is great to relax, but it's not conducive to getting clean. I don't recommend a bath for the sheer purpose of beong clean.

No i totally agree...its not a cleaning ritual but a relaxing one...dont even get me started on putting children in baths...that is definitely not conducive...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Twitter.com/IndiaGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:30 pm

My sisters and I always had a bath, but my parents ran the water to get clean water to rinse off the soap and stuff. You can't really bathe a baby any other way, you can't really take it in the shower, that would scare them. We started showers with our mom at age five and by age six we were showering on our own.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:34 pm

hehe, see my brother and i just got tossed in the kiddy pool and hosed down.

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:41 pm

wow, your parents must've really loved you....
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:47 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:My sisters and I always had a bath, but my parents ran the water to get clean water to rinse off the soap and stuff. You can't really bathe a baby any other way, you can't really take it in the shower, that would scare them. We started showers with our mom at age five and by age six we were showering on our own.

You can take a baby into the shower with you my sister-in-law did it all the time with her children. They never had a tub just a shower....you just hold them against you and bath them that way. So it can be done and it does not scare them at all. Very Happy
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:53 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:wow, your parents must've really loved you....
Tough love, El, tough love. We didn't nurse, we hunted for our own food. Kids today, they got it easy. lol

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:56 pm

tell me did you spear the tiger yourself or did you let your dad do it? And were those lion clothes as uncomfortable as they look?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:59 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:tell me did you spear the tiger yourself or did you let your dad do it? And were those lion clothes as uncomfortable as they look?
Speared it myself, but he did nap the flint for the spear point - my hand-eye coordination was terrible at three months, and the lionskin clothes were quite comfy although there was a whole 'swinging free' issue, I mean we went commando until they invented weaving. Really the only bitch was getting them away from their previous owner.

RM

Smart ass. Laughing
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bcriet Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:02 pm

THX1138 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:wow, your parents must've really loved you....
Tough love, El, tough love. We didn't nurse, we hunted for our own food. Kids today, they got it easy. lol

RM

LOL I have 3 older brothers and you know how they say boys will be boys will it is true....my mother says her sons were raised by wolves Smile

I do agree kids now days have it so easy it some times makes me sick to think about it. But then again you do have to factor in the how and the where children are raised.....but yeah they got it easy.
bcriet
bcriet
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : \"It is far better to regret doing something, than to regret not doing something\".
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum