Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily Acting for the Animals

+2
DBCrazy
bugaboo628
6 posters

Go down

Emily Acting for the Animals Empty Emily Acting for the Animals

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:31 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Emily Acting for the Animals Empty Re: Emily Acting for the Animals

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:17 pm

I love that pic of her!

And her eco-sin?! Can you imagine getting on a city bus and seeing Emily on her way to the studio??!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:07 pm

It is a wonderful pic of my Em, but her on a bus? *shudder* I'll have to accompany her just to ensure her safety. Not to go all alpha male but a it just wouldn't be right not to be there for her.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:28 pm

THX1138 wrote:It is a wonderful pic of my Em, but her on a bus? *shudder* I'll have to accompany her just to ensure her safety. Not to go all alpha male but a it just wouldn't be right not to be there for her.

king RM

Of course Smile
Totally reasonable excuse!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:49 am

Omg, Robert, I love you! You make me laugh!!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:58 am

What a great interview/article! She just turned me onto a new liquid foundation, thank you Emily! One thing that bugs me though: the article states that she can be seen this year in "My Sister's Keeper" AND "Glory Road"...which came out in 2006. People really need to get their facts straight before writing up an entire article.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Meegs82 wrote:What a great interview/article! She just turned me onto a new liquid foundation, thank you Emily! One thing that bugs me though: the article states that she can be seen this year in "My Sister's Keeper" AND "Glory Road"...which came out in 2006. People really need to get their facts straight before writing up an entire article.
Yeah, you'd think they could get that much right anyway!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:32 am

Meegs82 wrote:What a great interview/article! She just turned me onto a new liquid foundation, thank you Emily! One thing that bugs me though: the article states that she can be seen this year in "My Sister's Keeper" AND "Glory Road"...which came out in 2006. People really need to get their facts straight before writing up an entire article.

i don't think they were stating that GR came out this year. I think they were stating only that MSK came out this year and she can also be seen in GR. I used to do journalism and we got a lot of things like that, but yeah I think they meant that she's in a movie that came out this year and another slightly more well known movie. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:32 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:

i don't think they were stating that GR came out this year. I think they were stating only that MSK came out this year and she can also be seen in GR. I used to do journalism and we got a lot of things like that, but yeah I think they meant that she's in a movie that came out this year and another slightly more well known movie. Smile

To quote the article exactly: "this year, she appears on the big screen in 'My Sister's Keeper' and 'Glory Road.'" Yeah, that's not arguable. They stated "this year" and they got it wrong. I have written scores of articles and trust me, the way it reads is that Emily could be seen in "Glory Road" this year. If they wanted to get it right, they should have written it in the following way: "she has appeared in such films as 'Glory Road' and 'Cold Mountain.' This year, she can be seen in 'My Sister's Keeper.'"

At least, that's the way I would have written it. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:38 am

true, that could be a mishap of the journalist, and could be a reason why they work for a website and not an upstanding paper like the wall street journal. This is why they teach you proofreading in high school journalism classes.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:43 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:true, that could be a mishap of the journalist, and could be a reason why they work for a website and not an upstanding paper like the wall street journal. This is why they teach you proofreading in high school journalism classes.

VERY good point!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:00 am

Meegs82 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:true, that could be a mishap of the journalist, and could be a reason why they work for a website and not an upstanding paper like the wall street journal. This is why they teach you proofreading in high school journalism classes.

VERY good point!

lol yep, always look at WHO they're working for.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down