Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre

Go down

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre Empty Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:23 am

Posted by willgirl on the 06/12/2007 at 20:58:58 (06/12/2007 09:58:58 PM)

Here's the info!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre Empty Posted by fanofbones on the 06/12/2007 at 21:17:11 (06/12/2007 10:17:11 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:23 am

thanks will
love the new avi....

fab
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥

Back to top Go down

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre Empty Posted by riviera41797 on the 07/12/2007 at 07:10:05 (07/12/2007 08:10:05 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:24 am

this is really interesting! I can't wait to see how it goes!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre Empty Posted by Meegs82 on the 17/12/2007 at 00:07:35 (17/12/2007 01:07:35 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:26 am

Hi all!

It's good to see some old familiar faces (well, familiar names) around here. I'm glad to be a part of this place now!

Just wanted to let you all know that the Strike Show was FABULOUS!!! I was fortunate enough to be able to attend it and it really went well. Emily said that they only had a week to put it together and that she just started rehearsing this past Monday. So little time and yet, they did such a great job. I decided to type out the program below. So, enjoy!

THE STRIKE SHOW
Starring...
Jamie Denbo, Emily Deschanel, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Kat Foster, Ed Helms, David Hornsby, Glenn Howerton, Branka Katic, Nick Kroll, Seth MacFarlane, Jerry Minor, Ana Ortiz, The Sklar Brothers, Jessica St. Clair, and other special guests

STRIKE SHOW THEME SONG
Directed by Austin Winsberg
Music by Michael Weiner
Lyrics by Erik Weiner and Michael Weiner
~Jamie Denbo, David Hornsby, Stephen Van Dorn

"ASSES TO ASHES"
Directed by Jamie Widdoes
~Emily Deschanel, Kat Foster, Ed Helms (Friday), Branka Katic, Nick Kroll, Seth MacFarlane (Wednesday), Jerry Minor

FABRICE FABRICE VIDEO
Shot by Drew Antizs
Cut by Brian Carmel
~Nick Kroll

"THE NEW SEASON"
Written by Bob Kushell
Directed by Jamie Widdoes
~Emily Deschanel, Brad Garrett, Glenn Howerton, Nick Kroll, Michael Urie

PERFORMANCE PIECE
~Paul Rust

SAVED BY THE BELL SCENE
Directed by Julian Farino
~Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jessica St. Clair

LIFE ON STRIKE

"THE NEGOTIATING ROOM"
Written and directed by Seth MacFarlane
~Kat Foster, Ed Helms (Friday), Glenn Howerton, Nick Kroll, Seth MacFarlane (Wednesday), Jerry Minor, Michael Urie

MARY-KATE AND ASHLEY
~Nick Kroll, Jason Sklar, Randy Sklar

DRAMATIC PRESENTATION
~Jesse Tyler Ferguson

RONNA AND BEVERLY
~Jessica Chaffin, Jamie Denbo

COLD READ

SUDDENLY TEAMSTERS
Written by Dalton Trumbo
Direct by Austin Winsberg
~Full Cast

That's what the program looked like! If you have any questions, ask away!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre Empty Posted by Glug Glug Woohoo on the 17/12/2007 at 17:39:23 (17/12/2007 06:39:23 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:26 am

You got to see it? lucky!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre Empty Posted by willgirl on the 17/12/2007 at 18:38:42 (17/12/2007 07:38:42 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:27 am

Meegs that sounds really cool. I wish there was some video footage! How was Emily?
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre Empty Posted by amo on the 17/12/2007 at 21:02:16 (17/12/2007 10:02:16 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:28 am

wow that sounds really interesting, could you talk us through it a bit? love to hear some more :-) you lucky girl!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre Empty Posted by Meegs82 on the 17/12/2007 at 22:09:58 (17/12/2007 11:09:58 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:29 am

It was a really great show! The "Asses to Ashes" skit that Emily was in was a re-enactment of a "Melrose Place" scene. It was great 'cuz they had strobe lights going on stage and everything was WAY overdramatic. Emily only had a couple of lines, but she overdid all of the stage directions, which was hilarious. All of the actors laid it on thick and it turned out really well. VERY FUNNY!!!

In "The New Season" sketch, she didn't have many lines either, but she played a housewife and her husband was Brad Garrett (from Everybody Loves Raymond and now he's on Fox's 'Til Death). It was set up as a new pilot that NBC was presenting for the new pilot season (which might not happen with the writer's strike). To tell you the truth, I didn't really get the whole gist of this sketch. Perhaps I was too busy watching Emily. Smile

And then she was in the finale and SHE SANG!!! She and 2 other actresses were representing SAG in the sketch. I don't know if any of you have seen "Little Shop Of Horrors" and know the song "Suddenly Seymour," but that is what the tune was, just with different lyrics. She has a great voice, btw! I mean, we all heard her sing "Keep On Tryin'," but it was cool to hear her sing on stage. I told her she had a great voice and she said no, she didn't and that it was cracking and then she did an impression of her voice cracking. It was funny.

Like I said, the entire show was great and it was so cool to see the actors supporting the WGA. Hopefully, they at least raised a decent amount of money, but as Emily said, it wasn't really about the money, but more about the principle.

Don't we just love her?
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre Empty Posted by sophie on the 18/12/2007 at 20:30:58 (18/12/2007 09:30:58 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:30 am

I'm like....speechless...she's so nice, omg it can't be better. I would love to see her that close...damn why I have to live that far?!! ¬¬

anyway, back to the topic, it is great that she does this kind of things.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre Empty Re: Emily acting in 'The Strike Show' at the Steve Allen Theatre

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down