Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily Participating in Charity Auction

+5
Meegs82
RGPageantqueen
THX1138
Koudijs
bugaboo628
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Emily Participating in Charity Auction Empty Emily Participating in Charity Auction

Post by bugaboo628 Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:13 am

Emily has donated Jeffersonian Labcoat signed by her and 'Bones' Season 3 & 4 DVDs signed by the cast to a charity auction. The money raised goes to HEART.

Here is the link for the auction. I wish I had the extra money!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by bugaboo628 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:01 am; edited 2 times in total
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Emily Participating in Charity Auction Empty Re: Emily Participating in Charity Auction

Post by Koudijs Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:18 am

I would love that Razz
Koudijs
Koudijs
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1043
Say What You Want : Give my a Bones!
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Emily Participating in Charity Auction Empty Re: Emily Participating in Charity Auction

Post by THX1138 Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:28 am

I just might have to go for it, but only if she agrees to wear the lab coat first for say, about an hour. Preferably JUST the lab coat. I'll pay extra if she exercises in it, any kind of exercise. Yoga would be good, Tae Bo would be better. Twisted Evil

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:25 am

I thought you were going to say she wears only the lab coat so you can take it off of her... you know if she personally delivers it to you. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:22 am

Just to clarify things, Emily didn't sign the lab coat, it can be personalized with YOUR name on it. And the DVDs are signed by all cast members. Sounds cool, I *might* think about it...but I DO have to save up for the Holidays, dangit!

EDIT: Weird that it says "signed lab coat" in the heading for the item, but in the description, it says nothing about being signed, but just about being personalized. Now I'm a bit confused. Is it both?
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Just to clarify things, Emily didn't sign the lab coat, it can be personalized with YOUR name on it. And the DVDs are signed by all cast members. Sounds cool, I *might* think about it...but I DO have to save up for the Holidays, dangit!

EDIT: Weird that it says "signed lab coat" in the heading for the item, but in the description, it says nothing about being signed, but just about being personalized. Now I'm a bit confused. Is it both?

I emailed charitybuzz and asked about the labcoat. I will let you know what I find out.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Thanks bug! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:39 am

Meegs82 wrote:Thanks bug! Smile

I just got an email back. They are contacting the donor to verify and will get back to me. The donor was Emily ~ they are contacting Emily for us ~ AHHHH! Very Happy
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:14 am

bugaboo628 wrote:

I just got an email back. They are contacting the donor to verify and will get back to me. The donor was Emily ~ they are contacting Emily for us ~ AHHHH! Very Happy
LOL!!! Very Happy
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17725
Say What You Want : demoted to countess...
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:56 am

queen bess wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:

LOL!!! Very Happy
Can't they have the donor contact US????

PS Bug, you're a bit of a fangirl I can see Wink
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:54 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:
queen bess wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:

LOL!!! Very Happy

LOL! I am a big fan of Emily. I really have alot of respect and admiration for her. I like when celebrities use their name for good. You never see her in the tabloids either. She is a real role model.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 am

Labcoat update!

Emily has said she will sign it after it gets personalized.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:45 am

bugaboo628 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:
queen bess wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:

LOL!!! Very Happy

LOL! I am a big fan of Emily. I really have alot of respect and admiration for her. I like when celebrities use their name for good. You never see her in the tabloids either. She is a real role model.

She's been in magazines and stuff but not like "Hey look American Emily Deschanel got drunk last night and shaved her head" But she's also much older than someone who would that. Usually you see her talking about her passions and how she uses her name to help her charities and organizations. She's a pretty awesome chick! Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:12 pm

bugaboo628 wrote:Labcoat update!

Emily has said she will sign it after it gets personalized.

Awesome, thanks bug! Wink
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Wow, it's up to $650. That's a lot of money, but I'm still tempted. Although, I'm wondering if it'll be weird if I bid and win it since I've met Emily. I worry that she'll see my name and be like, "oh, her again?" Is that a stupid worry to have or is it legitimate? Any thoughts? Wink
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 pm

Meegs82 wrote:Wow, it's up to $650. That's a lot of money, but I'm still tempted. Although, I'm wondering if it'll be weird if I bid and win it since I've met Emily. I worry that she'll see my name and be like, "oh, her again?" Is that a stupid worry to have or is it legitimate? Any thoughts? Wink
I think you're over thinking it, I mean you've met her once right? Had a nice chat and all, and from what I recall you guys got on great. So she'll probably remember your name and think fondly of you for bidding on it and that's that. Heck you might even get a personal note since she's met you already.

Now if you were to suddenly make a habbit of it, like say purchasing anything and everything Emily related? Then you're approaching weird territory. Heck at that point you're on the corner of weird and stalker. Then you should worry. Laughing

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:56 am

The volunteer coats at the hospital I work at are blue, I want to steal one and pretend I work at the Jeffersonian.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am

Thanks, Rob. It's good to have an outside opinion. We've actually met a couple of times, and yeah, we got along well. Funny thing, Emily's cousin called me the other day to check in on me ('cuz I've been sick) and she was like, "Emily loves you!" But I didn't really know how to take that since I think she was a little bit tipsy, haha.

Yeah, that would start to get weird and stalker-y. Those kinds of people creep me out and believe me...I've met some...specifically people who are kinda obsessed with Emily. One girl told me that she was jealous that I lived in L.A. and she asked me if I had tried finding Emily's house and she said if it were her, she'd sit in front of Fox Studios all day every day, trying to meet her. C-R-E-E-P-Y. Kinda freaked me out and I came pretty darn close to calling her cousin and warning her. Especially since Zooey had a stalker a few years back.

Anywho, thanks again for the opinion. I'm still thinking if I really want to spend that much money Wink

Last edited by Meegs82 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am

CanadianBones wrote:The volunteer coats at the hospital I work at are blue, I want to steal one and pretend I work at the Jeffersonian.

Hehe, you should! And you should get it personalized! Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:09 am

Just to clarify, this auction is benefiting HEART, not The Heart Foundation. The link is below. The Heart Foundation deals with heart disease. HEART is very different and focuses on social justice, animal welfare, and environmental ethics.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:45 am

hey rob, I just wanna say that I love your use of the term "got on" like you're some little british chum or something, it's actually kinda cute.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:hey rob, I just wanna say that I love your use of the term "got on" like you're some little british chum or something, it's actually kinda cute.

I quite enjoyed the term as well Wink
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:38 am

Meegs82 wrote:
CanadianBones wrote:The volunteer coats at the hospital I work at are blue, I want to steal one and pretend I work at the Jeffersonian.

Hehe, you should! And you should get it personalized! Razz

Somehow stealing from a hospital doesn't seem right - not that I'd steal anyway...but you know.

That girl does sound creepy, like what part of that would she think Emily would appreciate?? I'm a fan of figure skating and I've heard of weird skating fans acting creepy towards the skaters too. You could always get another named personalized on it, like Squint or something too, I wouldn't think it would have to be your actual name either, if you are really worried about it. I don't think you need to be though. But if you are, then you could just always make a donation to the organization that you feel comfortable with, even if you don't get the lab coat.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:25 pm

No, stealing is NOT good. Smile

And yeah, the girl gave me the heebie-jeebies. I just don't get people like that. Being a fan is one thing, but even that kind of TALK is over the line.

I used to be a figure skater and I know what you mean about the crazy fans! I saw an exhibition with Michelle Kwan and Tara Lipinski about 6 months after they had won gold and silver at the Olympics and my friend and I waited afterwards by their buses to just see them. Well, there were about 2 dozen SHRIEKING girls and when Tara walked out, they all yelled and freaked out and went ballistic. My friend and I said something like "really great skating tonight, Tara." She then proceeded to look over at us (she had ignored the hollering fools) and said "thanks so much!" I know, it's off topic, but since you mentioned figure skating, I thought I'd mention it. Just goes to show how they really DON'T appreciate the insane fans.

Interesting point about the name on the lab coat. I don't know, I just think I'd want it to say my name. Although, "Squintern" might be cute Razz
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Meegs82 wrote:No, stealing is NOT good. Smile

Interesting point about the name on the lab coat. I don't know, I just think I'd want it to say my name. Although, "Squintern" might be cute Razz
Better check with Rob on that one! He doesn't worry about "Squintern" trademark infringements around here, but to get that lab coat he might end up taking you to court! Laughing Laughing
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next