Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caleb Deschanel to receive Lifetime Achievement Award from American Society of Cinematographers

+9
sparklyshoes
ToZiKa
CanadianBones
THX1138
Edo_82
RGPageantqueen
DBCrazy
Meegs82
bugaboo628
13 posters

Go down

Caleb Deschanel to receive Lifetime Achievement Award from American Society of Cinematographers Empty Caleb Deschanel to receive Lifetime Achievement Award from American Society of Cinematographers

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:01 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Caleb Deschanel to receive Lifetime Achievement Award from American Society of Cinematographers Empty Re: Caleb Deschanel to receive Lifetime Achievement Award from American Society of Cinematographers

Post by Meegs82 Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:43 pm

That is absolutely fantastic and VERY well-deserved. The man SHOULD have an Oscar for Black Stallion!

Last edited by Meegs82 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Caleb Deschanel to receive Lifetime Achievement Award from American Society of Cinematographers Empty Re: Caleb Deschanel to receive Lifetime Achievement Award from American Society of Cinematographers

Post by DBCrazy Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:39 am

This is quite a list of movies to have received Oscar nominations for ...

Deschanel received Oscar nominations for his work on "The Right Stuff," "The Natural," "Fly Away Home," "The Patriot" and "The Passion of the Christ"; his most recent efforts include "National Treasure," "The Spiderwick Chronicles" and "My Sister's Keeper."

Congratulations!

Last edited by DBCrazy on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:09 am

It has been confirmed that the award presenters will be Emily and Zooey. Very Happy
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:36 am

bugaboo628 wrote:It has been confirmed that the award presenters will be Emily and Zooey. Very Happy

aww. Thats so precious! Is it going to be filmed at all?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:44 am

bugaboo628 wrote:It has been confirmed that the award presenters will be Emily and Zooey. Very Happy

I seriously just had an "awww" moment. Do we have any idea when the ceremony is and if it's going to be televised?
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Edo_82 Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:27 am

aww so cute!!! I really hope we will have some video or pics at least...!
Edo_82
Edo_82

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-01-14

http://twitter.com/lovelovebones

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:39 am

"Zeitgeist" I had to ask my husband what it meant: spirit of the times or spirit of the age. This is what they used to describe Emily and Zooey. I'd say that's a major compliment and I agree with it wholeheartedly. They are both so classy and not "Hollywood-esque" that it's so refreshing in these times of trashy, tabloid twits. Love those girls! Hope we get pics or even better, a vid of them presenting the award to their father.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:30 am

Meegs82 wrote:"Zeitgeist" I had to ask my husband what it meant: spirit of the times or spirit of the age. This is what they used to describe Emily and Zooey. I'd say that's a major compliment and I agree with it wholeheartedly. They are both so classy and not "Hollywood-esque" that it's so refreshing in these times of trashy, tabloid twits. Love those girls! Hope we get pics or even better, a vid of them presenting the award to their father.
That sentiment perfectly encapsulates what I love about Em, she's not a typical Hollywood starlet, she's a real, natural, no frills type of person.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:20 pm

THX1138 wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:"Zeitgeist" I had to ask my husband what it meant: spirit of the times or spirit of the age. This is what they used to describe Emily and Zooey. I'd say that's a major compliment and I agree with it wholeheartedly. They are both so classy and not "Hollywood-esque" that it's so refreshing in these times of trashy, tabloid twits. Love those girls! Hope we get pics or even better, a vid of them presenting the award to their father.
That sentiment perfectly encapsulates what I love about Em, she's not a typical Hollywood starlet, she's a real, natural, no frills type of person.

king RM

Amen, Rob...amen. Very Happy
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 pm

Yeah, how special to receive that type of award and to have it be presented by your own daughters! I agree, the lovely Deschanel ladies are very refreshing in Hollywood.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:13 am

I wanna see it!! I wonder if it's going to be televised or clips will be posted on youtube...
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:30 am

that happens when you english speaking people steal german words..... Laughing Wink

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:15 am

ToZiKa wrote:

that happens when you english speaking people steal german words..... Laughing Wink

You are exactly correct, Toz! Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 am

This takes place today. Hopefully there will be some pictures of Emily and her family.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:43 am

Hart tweeted that Emily will be giving a speech!

"I passed on everyone congrats to the Deschanels for Emily's Dad Caleb's Cinematography Award tonight. Emily is giving a speech for him!"
bugaboo628
bugaboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by sparklyshoes Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:34 pm

bugaboo628 wrote:Hart tweeted that Emily will be giving a speech!

"I passed on everyone congrats to the Deschanels for Emily's Dad Caleb's Cinematography Award tonight. Emily is giving a speech for him!"

Yeah, Em & Zooey were supposed to be presenting the award to Caleb. Hopefully some footage ends up on YouTube at some stage - that would be adorable to watch!

sparklyshoes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 111
Say What You Want : "I want to punch the writers sometimes"
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Definitely would be cute to watch! I hope someone posts a video!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:05 am

awww that would be so cute. apparently emily is afraid of public speaking. she said on some interview that it's worse than death lol i wonder if she'll be all emotional and nervous. love her. and love seeing her with her fam.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by CeleryStick Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:18 pm

I just came across two short interviews with Emily and Zooey at the awards:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
CeleryStick
CeleryStick
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Thanks for the links. Love seeing the two of them together and laughed when they said the bit about their dad popping out of no where with a camera, and constantly hiding from it Smile
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:27 pm

CeleryStick wrote:I just came across two short interviews with Emily and Zooey at the awards:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

First impressions: Wow, Emily looks a lot like her dad, while Zooey takes after her mom. Speaking of which, mom really is short isn't she?

Oh, and Emily looks absolutely stunning in that dress and I love the way she has her hair. It's sexy, playful and sophisticated. It made me want to thread my fingers in her hair and just...um, so anyway...yeah. I'll be outside with a cigarette if anyone needs me.

lovedoctor RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:42 pm

i too think she looks a lot like her dad and zooey looks like her mom. and yet emily and zooey also look alike lol i liked zooey's dress better than emily's for once, but that's okay. they both looked gorgeous. too bad there is no video of the actual speech!

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down