Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week

Go down

Emily at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Empty Emily at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:41 am

Posted by A2BOREANAZ on the 05/02/2008 at 17:00:42 (05/02/2008 06:00:42 PM)

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

NY Fashion Week: Nature Vs. Nurture with Halston redux, Ports & Iodice
Tuesday, February 5th, 2008

Designers put earth tones and street chic on display.

By Jonathan Zipper

actress-lineup-at-ports.jpg

NEW YORK, NY (Hollywood Today) 2/5/08 – Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week keeps the stars coming at New York’s fall designer showcase, with a platoon of actresses in attendance at Monday evening’s PORTS 1961 show and Miss New York, Amaris Acosta, checking-in at charming Iodice.

And none other than Liza Minnelli herself in the front row for designer Marco Zanini’s first collection for the late Halston in a bid to re-boot the fabled brand.

“I loved the colors, the way it moved, very sensual,” Minnelli told AP. “The materials dance with you.”

Actresses Eliza Dushku, Emily Deschanel and Mandy Moore treated themselves to a presentation centered on countryside landscape at PORTS 1961. Creative director Tia Cibani found inspiration in Gaelic mythology. The Fall 2008 collection entitled “Lassair,” meaning flame or fire, featured every color of the Scottish rainbow. Limerick, ross, indigo, and a vibrant shade of red were offset by neutral dulse, peebles, sycamore, and cork tones.

A number of ensembles made use of feathers to further enhance mother nature’s presence, either on the fabric itself or as a head piece. Moreover, jeweled ribbing and cinched waistlines created powerful feminine silhouettes, especially when combined with sharp and sleek overcoats or jackets.

Meanwhile, Valdemar Iodice brought a sense of urban-based fashion back to the runway with his Iodice: Graffiti-Street Art program. Using contemporary print fabrics, the series began with some radiant blue and pearl white dresses, some which were almost reminiscent of delicate porcelain dishware.

However, as the models continued to charge down the catwalk, the designs took on much more of an avant-garde form. Taking the “street” concept to another worldly level, some of the shredded black shapes towards the end seemed to evoke the 80s grunge era, or in a few wildly out-there cases, simply tattered but fashion-friendly garbage bags.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Emily at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Empty Posted by nane on the 09/02/2008 at 16:13:05 (09/02/2008 05:13:05 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:57 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

That is the picture from the article.. hope the link works...
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥

Back to top Go down

Emily at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Empty Posted by Teardropsonmyguitar86 on the 09/02/2008 at 18:10:46 (09/02/2008 07:10:46 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:59 am

She looks very into it!! Good article and pic!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Empty Posted by Meegs82 on the 10/02/2008 at 01:26:58 (10/02/2008 02:26:58 AM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:00 am

She's the most stunning one of them all. And I'm not just saying that 'cuz I love Emily. Seriously, look at that picture. What stands out when you look at it? HER!
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Empty Posted by Teardropsonmyguitar86 on the 10/02/2008 at 16:13:46 (10/02/2008 05:13:46 PM)

Post by RollOnFriday Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:01 am

She really does Stand out Meegs! She's like this amazing work of art... Almost convinces you that god is real! Or that he is atleast somewhat decent looking! Smile
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Emily at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Empty Re: Emily at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down