Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Douchebag moment of the series?

+9
CanadianBones
sera
SnoopGirl
jaela
heirofloki
moonlightbones
dawnsfire
THX1138
RGPageantqueen
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Douchebag moment of the series? Empty Douchebag moment of the series?

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:40 pm

If you had to call it, what would you say is the single moment when Booth was an absolute douchebag? I would say it was when Brennan was telling him she wanted to lose herself in love and he said "you will, someday" and I think that was such a d-bag moment because she was pouring her heart out to him, practically telling him that she wanted to lose herself in love with him and he passes it off as you will someday? What an ass!
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Douchebag moment of the series? Empty Re: Douchebag moment of the series?

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:11 pm

YES! YES! A thousand times yes! Poor Bren, she goes to him, the man she's desperate to love, and she pours her heart out to him and all he can do is come up with these tired, trite lines "Someday" "Eventually"? Good Lord I've always said that at that precise moment I went from being a B&B shipper to hating, actually hating, Booth. I wanted Brennan to get up after that lame ass speech of his and grab her coat, head for the door and when he stopped her (as we all know he would) and asked where she was going? Brennan would give him a sad smile and say "The nearest single's bar Booth. I'm tired of waiting for someday and I figure if I start now I'll eventually find a man who loves me and whom I can love."

king RM

Was I bitter after that episode? You betcha!

Last edited by THX1138 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bed speeling)
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:26 pm

THX1138 wrote:YES! YES! A thousand times yes! Poor Bren, she goes to him, the man she's desperate to love, and she poors her heart out to him and all he can do is come up with these tired, trite lines "Someday" "Eventually"? Good Lord I've always said that at that precise moment I went from being a B&B shipper to hating, actually hating, Booth. I wanted Brennan to get up after that lame ass speech of his and grab her coat, head for the door and when he stopped her (as we all know he would) and asked where she was going? Brennan would give him a sad smile and say "The nearest single's bar Booth. I'm tired of waiting for someday and I figure if I start now I'll eventually find a man who loves me and whom I can love."

king RM

you need to write a fic based on that single line right there.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:32 pm

RGPageantqueen wrote:
THX1138 wrote:YES! YES! A thousand times yes! Poor Bren, she goes to him, the man she's desperate to love, and she poors her heart out to him and all he can do is come up with these tired, trite lines "Someday" "Eventually"? Good Lord I've always said that at that precise moment I went from being a B&B shipper to hating, actually hating, Booth. I wanted Brennan to get up after that lame ass speech of his and grab her coat, head for the door and when he stopped her (as we all know he would) and asked where she was going? Brennan would give him a sad smile and say "The nearest single's bar Booth. I'm tired of waiting for someday and I figure if I start now I'll eventually find a man who loves me and whom I can love."

king RM

you need to write a fic based on that single line right there.
I've thought about it, but I've got so much going on fic-wise I don't know when I'll get to it - perhaps our Queen would like to take a crack at it?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:34 pm

I fail at the fics... I have no mojo, I think after tomorrow my muse will find it's way back to me. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Like I don't already have more than enough on my writing plate. Rolling Eyes

How about when he said Dr Burn in Hell or whatever the exact quote was in Cinderella. Not one of his better moments, either.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:43 pm

I don't remember that one...
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:51 pm

That was the very start of the Cinderella episode, and yep - not one of his finer moments. I agree my Queen, and of course the scene El is talking about occurrs at the end of the very same episode - I really, really hated that episode. Booth was a total jackass to her for almost the entire episode and poor Bren, she just wanted to do the right thing by Sweets, and she just wants so badly for Booth to love her. He's a freakin' moron.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:54 pm

THX1138 wrote:That was the very start of the Cinderella episode, and yep - not one of his finer moments. I agree my Queen, and of course the scene El is talking about occurrs at the end of the very same episode - I really, really hated that episode. Booth was a total jackass to her for almost the entire episode and poor Bren, she just wanted to do the right thing by Sweets, and she just wants so badly for Booth to love her. He's a freakin' moron.

king RM

To not take that woman in loving arms? Jeez, she's more beautiful than Cam and Rebecca
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Depending on how S5 goes, maybe we can blame it all on that brain tumor. Mind you (tuning in my inner squint), I don't know how long it takes for one to grow, much less the type he had, or what part of the brain it was in, or anything. I know someone who had one; it badly affected her motor skills pre-surgery because of location. Possible, I suppose, that Booth's could have messed with the "sensitive" part of his. I wonder about permanent effects, too...
No, those aren't excuses for HH or the writers, though I'm sure it'll come up at some point.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:11 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Depending on how S5 goes, maybe we can blame it all on that brain tumor. Mind you (tuning in my inner squint), I don't know how long it takes for one to grow, much less the type he had, or what part of the brain it was in, or anything. I know someone who had one; it badly affected her motor skills pre-surgery because of location. Possible, I suppose, that Booth's could have messed with the "sensitive" part of his. I wonder about permanent effects, too...
No, those aren't excuses for HH or the writers, though I'm sure it'll come up at some point.

queen
You know when blc and I discussed this - Booth's increasingly cretinous behaviour and the tumor - a few months ago I actually broached that possibility to her, more as a hopeful prayer on my part than anything else, that once the tumor was removed he'd finally resort to type. That is we'd see the old Booth, polite, doting, caring and careful of her feelings, return and the Booth of "Dr Burn-in-Hell" would dissappear forever. Let's hope that's the case this season.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:36 pm

It did cross my mind some time back, too, not too long after I worried about S4 turning out to have been a figment of Booth's imagination after having been shot. Win some, lose some. It's an easy answer--too easy?
Though perhaps a little less polite and self-sacrificing on his part would be nice? (yeah, I know you didn't include self-sacrificing on your list, but you know it's there.)

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:00 pm

dawnsfire wrote:It did cross my mind some time back, too, not too long after I worried about S4 turning out to have been a figment of Booth's imagination after having been shot. Win some, lose some. It's an easy answer--too easy?
I worried about that too, - that they were gonna pull a Bobby Ewing on us and have Booth wake up from a coma with the last 'year' having been a coma induced dream and it just two weeks from when Pam shot him. Honestly I'd be okay with that now - although I'd like to keep three or four episodes out of S4, the rest could easily be a dream (more like a nightmare) IMO.
Though perhaps a little less polite and self-sacrificing on his part would be nice? (yeah, I know you didn't include self-sacrificing on your list, but you know it's there.)
I don't think the self-sacrificing part will ever leave him - it was there in S1, S2, and S3, I think it's the real him and personally I like that aspect of him. A man should be willing to die for the woman he loves, he should also be willing to sacrifice his own happiness for hers. Now I woudn't mind him being a little more selfish in that respect if it meant making a move on Brennan, otherwise I'm good with Booth's willingness to sacrifice for Bren.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:14 pm

That's what I meant--the making a move part. I completely agree otherwise. And she (we all know) would do pretty much anything for him as well, so one of them needs to drop whatever it is and take a step forward already! Despite dozens of fanfics, I'm not entirely sure they have the exact same reason.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:06 pm

The only time I've not liked Booth is when Jared is around. His brother brings out the worst in him and everyone else around him so that's the only time I've ever had a problem with Booth. Otherwise Brennan has been the one I find myself wanting to smack. LOL
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

moonlightbones wrote:The only time I've not liked Booth is when Jared is around. His brother brings out the worst in him and everyone else around him so that's the only time I've ever had a problem with Booth. Otherwise Brennan has been the one I find myself wanting to smack. LOL
Why? I mean nothing says D-bag, like having your beautiful yet slightly social awkward partner pour her heart out to you which is a rarity for her, only for him to say, "you will someday?" she should have smacked him with that liquor bottle.
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:41 am

I saw no reason for her to expect any more from him. He was supportive, which I assume is what she was looking for when she told him all that stuff. He's done everything in his power to help her open her heart. I can't see what he could have or should have done differently.
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:26 am

moonlightbones wrote:I saw no reason for her to expect any more from him. He was supportive, which I assume is what she was looking for when she told him all that stuff. He's done everything in his power to help her open her heart. I can't see what he could have or should have done differently.

You put it so much better than I could have. Smile

Besides if she wanted to say she was in love with him, she should have gone ahead and done so, srry2say. In any case, Brennan has never been the hint-dropping type (which is why I never saw that scene as a big declaration but as a big admission. Different things).

As for Booth being a total ass? I'd say the pilot. In fact, S1 had the most ass-y moments for him, I'd say. I don't mind him being insecure when Jared's around -it makes perfect sense. We all regress a little when our (conflict-inviting) relatives are around.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jaela Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:16 am

I am in total agreement with heirofloki. I disliked the pilot so much that I didn't watch any more of the series for ages, until my best friend implored me to give it another chance. I just don't think he was even Booth yet in the pilot. =|

jaela

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:08 am

heirofloki wrote:You put it so much better than I could have. Smile

Besides if she wanted to say she was in love with him, she should have gone ahead and done so, srry2say. In any case, Brennan has never been the hint-dropping type (which is why I never saw that scene as a big declaration but as a big admission. Different things).

As for Booth being a total ass? I'd say the pilot. In fact, S1 had the most ass-y moments for him, I'd say. I don't mind him being insecure when Jared's around -it makes perfect sense. We all regress a little when our (conflict-inviting) relatives are around.
True, season one Booth was a general ass to Brennan but he was never deliberately cruel toward her - and in his defense season one Brennan was just as much an ass toward him, and extremely condescending at times. Don't forget that as much an ass as he was to her in the Pilot, he also defended her to Cullen, even at the risk of his own career. S1 B&B started out hating one another and then got to the point of mutual respect and finally friendship.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:48 am

THX1138 wrote:
heirofloki wrote:You put it so much better than I could have. Smile

True, season one Booth was a general ass to Brennan but he was never deliberately cruel toward her - and in his defense season one Brennan was just as much an ass toward him, and extremely condescending at times. Don't forget that as much an ass as he was to her in the Pilot, he also defended her to Cullen, even at the risk of his own career. S1 B&B started out hating one another and then got to the point of mutual respect and finally friendship.

king RM

I'll agree that throughout S1 there was hostility flying on both sides -which was necessary and believable, and served to establish what would become the character arc of the series. I won't agree however, that it wasn't deliberate. They were trying to get on each other's nerves and they did so knowingly and willingly (not like in season 3 when she unknowingly offends him by saying jocks are just stunted children).

And as for Cruel...Well, I don't think they've ever been deliberately cruel to each other. Brennan has a harder time figuring out where the boundaries lie (think Conman and her saying that there's no shame on not being top of the pyramid), but I've never seen them be mean, actually, honest-to-god mean to each other. Which is fine, because this isn't that kind of show. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, the characters on this show have yet to get to cruel: House is cruel. In Plain Sight's Mary can be cruel. The casts of CSI and NCIS have had their moments. The leads of L&O:SVU go for the jugular at least once per season, and Battlestar Galactica as a whole was a crash-course in the suckiness of humans -and robots. Booth and Brennan don't even make the list.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:17 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:If you had to call it, what would you say is the single moment when Booth was an absolute douchebag? I would say it was when Brennan was telling him she wanted to lose herself in love and he said "you will, someday" and I think that was such a d-bag moment because she was pouring her heart out to him, practically telling him that she wanted to lose herself in love with him and he passes it off as you will someday? What an ass!
I didn't think that at all.
No No No No

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:05 pm

I thought he was a douchebag in the premiere when he told Brennan he loves her, right after that clown incident that should've pretty much told him that he wasn't completely back to normal yet. Did Cam's and Sweets' advice not mean anything?? Over-eager post-coma Booth...
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Yeah, I didn't think she was telling him anything either. I think he was just reinforcing that if you continue to open your heart, one day you will find love, whether or not it's with Booth. They aren't ready to date yet.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:53 am

CanadianBones wrote:Yeah, I didn't think she was telling him anything either. I think he was just reinforcing that if you continue to open your heart, one day you will find love, whether or not it's with Booth. They aren't ready to date yet.
But in light of what Gordon Gordon says in Mayhem it's not that simple is it? If Brennan is the one who's aware of the attraction to Booth and is fighting her feelings for him every day then what we saw was a rare moment of weakness where Bren put her heart out there only to get it tossed aside like yesterday's trash. The only way it doesn't mean something for her is if it's Booth who's struggling and then Mayeh doesn't make sense as an episode. That's why El and I, and a few others, find his behaviour so douche-baggy in Princess.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next