Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STEALING STORIES

+11
ToZiKa
flyersfan35
bones206
dawnsfire
Sany
SnoopGirl
RGPageantqueen
MoonlightGardenias
DBCrazy
THX1138
willgirl
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

STEALING STORIES - Page 2 Empty Re: STEALING STORIES

Post by dawnsfire Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Yeah, I think that's what she means. Well, we just keep an eye out, right?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:35 pm

dawnsfire wrote:Yeah, I think that's what she means. Well, we just keep an eye out, right?

queen
Oh, definitely.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:37 pm

What gets me is there's no question that they're verbatim, so who in the hell does she think she's fooling with that 'wrote something similar' crap? And its my experience that people who rely on textese as their primary written form of communication can't maintain the discipline necessary to write in 'correct' English. This chica? Not a chance.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:39 pm

THX1138 wrote:What gets me is there's no question that they're verbatim, so who in the hell does she think she's fooling with that 'wrote something similar' crap? And its my experience that people who rely on textese as their primary written form of communication can't maintain the discipline necessary to write in 'correct' English. This chica? Not a chance.

king RM
I know! I told her that it was word for word, and she just ignored it completely. What an ass...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Wow, that's crazy Fly! Can you send me the link to her profile? I only had the link to her story and that's been taken down. I'm glad to see that was done! I hope she gets banned though. And what is she going on about, changing the story? She copied it!!

I swear, there are some crazy people out there.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:42 pm

willgirl wrote:Wow, that's crazy Fly! Can you send me the link to her profile? I only had the link to her story and that's been taken down. I'm glad to see that was done! I hope she gets banned though. And what is she going on about, changing the story? She copied it!!

I swear, there are some crazy people out there.
No problem.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:44 pm

And I think she took it down herself. At least, that's how I understood it...she told me she would change it, and a minute later, it was gone.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Hmm...and I said I was leaving 15 minutes ago...lol.

Good night will, and I hope she gets banned.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:45 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:I just got a reply from the author regarding my pm...

"dis is my first time up here posting anything so if it sounds like something
u read b4 i will gladly rewrite it 2 make it sound different but i can assure
u i dnt copy ppl things."

First of all, someone that types like that could in no way write such a well written story. Second...it's word for word...does she think we're stupid??

Okay this is hilarious! For two reasons:

One, clearly anyone who doesn't know how to use capitalization could write that story. LOL! I'm not a hundred percent awesome on grammar but I am a professional writer for a living. Hello!

And second, I love how she is totally denying it. The thing is, if it was obviously plagarised but the wording was changed around a bit, I can see why she would say this. But I compared the two chapters side by side and they were literally word for word.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:48 pm

willgirl wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:I just got a reply from the author regarding my pm...

"dis is my first time up here posting anything so if it sounds like something
u read b4 i will gladly rewrite it 2 make it sound different but i can assure
u i dnt copy ppl things."

First of all, someone that types like that could in no way write such a well written story. Second...it's word for word...does she think we're stupid??

Okay this is hilarious! For two reasons:

One, clearly anyone who doesn't know how to use capitalization could write that story. LOL! I'm not a hundred percent awesome on grammar but I am a professional writer for a living. Hello!

And second, I love how she is totally denying it. The thing is, if it was obviously plagarised but the wording was changed around a bit, I can see why she would say this. But I compared the two chapters side by side and they were literally word for word.
Oh, I know. And her reviews are written the same way...and all her correspondence to me, and on her profile as well. No way she wrote anything even resembling a coherent story. lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:52 pm

LOL! It's true! And yes, have a good night. I'm heading to bed as well. I just couldn't help but stop in and share the chuckle.

However it does sadden me that this is the state of education nowadays.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:53 pm

I know and take a look at her profile:

Hi, im Julia and im one of the biggest fans of Bones, Twilight, Ncis and a whole bunch of other shows. i enjoy reading stories now im putting one of my own up. if u have any questions ask me and ill b happy 2 answer. i dont not copy stories other ppl have written n 4 da record u have never heard of a story called 4 years or wateva its called.
Okay. so she "dont not copy stories" That's a double negative so she DOES copy stories? And what's up with the whole "u have never heard of a story called 4 years or whateva its called" does she realize how stupid she sounds denying it and honestly how can someone who can barely write a legible paragraph write those two chapters? No way in hell. She's delusional.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:04 pm

I completely agree.

Unfortunately, she apparently isn't responding to all of us who slapped her down. Pity, that. I would have liked to have seen some more of her delusion, attitude, whatever. Assuming I could have understood it. Maybe that should have been the way to do it--reply: I can't understand your answer. Could you rewrite it, make it clearer? (If you wrote that story, that should be easy.)

Or would that be stooping too low?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Okay, I swear I will get over this but I wanted to share the following email exchange between her and I:

Hi,

I just sent you a couple of emails but I wanted to PM you as well. If you have never heard of my story, Four Years, I am wondering then where you got that story from. The reason why I'm asking is because I want to ensure that it hasn't been copied elsewhere (on a different site). If you could let me know, that would be much appreciated.

I will continue to watch your account and if I see any more copying, I will once again report you. I hope you have learned from this and I hope you will try writing your own story eventually. If you need tips, I can recommend some good sites.

Thank you,

willgirl

Hi, no i havent read it anywhere wat i do is brainstorm ideas and write them out on paper and i just decided 2 post one of them up yesterday. im sorry if its like your but i took it down and im rewriting it. i want to be original and knowing you have almost da same story isnt helping.

No, you don't understand. It's not like mine, it IS mine. The story is word for word my story. Here is a link. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It is EXACTLY word for word my story. The same minor character names and everything. I wrote the story in 2007.

I'm sorry you are having trouble coming up with original ideas. I'm sure you can do it. One thing I would recommend is improving your spelling and grammar. From there, look at writing sites to improve.

I hope that helps. I would start with a different idea entirely and see what you can come up with.

Thanks,

Lindsey

ok ill look it up but i can assure u i havent heard of your story. i took mines dwn thou.

dnt have trouble coming up with ideas i have alot of ideas n stories
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:08 pm

I think now I just feel sad for her instead of angry. Clearly there's a problem there.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:08 pm

willgirl wrote:Okay, I swear I will get over this but I wanted to share the following email exchange between her and I:

Hi,

I just sent you a couple of emails but I wanted to PM you as well. If you have never heard of my story, Four Years, I am wondering then where you got that story from. The reason why I'm asking is because I want to ensure that it hasn't been copied elsewhere (on a different site). If you could let me know, that would be much appreciated.

I will continue to watch your account and if I see any more copying, I will once again report you. I hope you have learned from this and I hope you will try writing your own story eventually. If you need tips, I can recommend some good sites.

Thank you,

willgirl

Hi, no i havent read it anywhere wat i do is brainstorm ideas and write them out on paper and i just decided 2 post one of them up yesterday. im sorry if its like your but i took it down and im rewriting it. i want to be original and knowing you have almost da same story isnt helping.

No, you don't understand. It's not like mine, it IS mine. The story is word for word my story. Here is a link. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It is EXACTLY word for word my story. The same minor character names and everything. I wrote the story in 2007.

I'm sorry you are having trouble coming up with original ideas. I'm sure you can do it. One thing I would recommend is improving your spelling and grammar. From there, look at writing sites to improve.

I hope that helps. I would start with a different idea entirely and see what you can come up with.

Thanks,

Lindsey

ok ill look it up but i can assure u i havent heard of your story. i took mines dwn thou.

OMG! That is just too funny...in a ridiculous sort of way...*shakes head* Again...what an ass...

Okay, seriously...this is it. No more...I'm really going to bed this time, damn it...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:17 pm

willgirl wrote:Okay, I swear I will get over this but I wanted to share the following email exchange between her and I:

Hi,

Thank you,

willgirl

Thanks,

Lindsey

I admire your self-restraint & courtesy. I wonder if I could have done the same. And you won't be the only one watching, I'm sure. And you might be right, that there's something else there.

That's the problem with sites like that--they're self-regulated, and God alone knows how stuff can get around. Which is why my original fiction stays locked on my computer.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:34 pm

She's posted a new story! So far, based on how well she's following composition rules, it appears to not be a copy, though it's still a very short chapter.

Just bumped into it. Can't say as I'm impressed, personally. But I'm a reading snob.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:52 pm

I honestly think she's somewhat delusional. Faced with unimpeachable evidence of her malfeasance she maintains her innocence. She probably figured that Lindsey's story was posted a couple of years ago so no one would recognize it, and all she'd have to do is change the title and post a chapter at a time and get the accolades. What she wasn't counting on was people recognizing it, plus word for word? C'mon, at least TRY and fool us. Yeesh. It's a fascinating look at what our society teaches people to do. Now days if you get caught it's deny deny deny obfuscate and deny, if you can just weather out the storm you win because the average person has the attenion span of a gnat right? Pathetic.

king RM

The queen is a reading snob and yet she's recommended some of my stories?! yea me!
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:07 pm

THX1138 wrote:I honestly think she's somewhat delusional. Faced with unimpeachable evidence of her malfeasance she maintains her innocence. She probably figured that Lindsey's story was posted a couple of years ago so no one would recognize it, and all she'd have to do is change the title and post a chapter at a time and get the accolades. What she wasn't counting on was people recognizing it, plus word for word? C'mon, at least TRY and fool us. Yeesh. It's a fascinating look at what our society teaches people to do. Now days if you get caught it's deny deny deny obfuscate and deny, if you can just weather out the storm you win because the average person has the attenion span of a gnat right? Pathetic.

king RM

The queen is a reading snob and yet she's recommended some of my stories?! yea me!

DON'T let it go to your head, Majesty. And obfuscate? My, my, that's a $50 word.

That said, it reminds of the fight I had with 2 of the college idiots back in the day about crediting your sources for papers. They couldn't see (or were perhaps trying to yank my chain; a small hobby of theirs) how academic work counted as WORK. No one in the real world was going to care--or so they thought. Even then I wrote and I was up in flames about that. Hell if anyone was going to take credit for something I sweated over!

As I got older I considered the source and cooled down about it, and only hoped someone beat them over the head with it. Preferably with a very thick and heavy book!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:30 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
THX1138 wrote:I honestly think she's somewhat delusional. Faced with unimpeachable evidence of her malfeasance she maintains her innocence. She probably figured that Lindsey's story was posted a couple of years ago so no one would recognize it, and all she'd have to do is change the title and post a chapter at a time and get the accolades. What she wasn't counting on was people recognizing it, plus word for word? C'mon, at least TRY and fool us. Yeesh. It's a fascinating look at what our society teaches people to do. Now days if you get caught it's deny deny deny obfuscate and deny, if you can just weather out the storm you win because the average person has the attenion span of a gnat right? Pathetic.

king RM

DON'T let it go to your head, Majesty. And obfuscate? My, my, that's a $50 word.
I figured as much Laughing As for my word selection, well all I can say is that I do tend toward the florid. I once had to explain to my freshman composition teacher that wont and behoove were actual words and that I hadn't simply mispelled 'want' and 'behave'. Yeesh.

That said, it reminds of the fight I had with 2 of the college idiots back in the day about crediting your sources for papers. They couldn't see (or were perhaps trying to yank my chain; a small hobby of theirs) how academic work counted as WORK. No one in the real world was going to care--or so they thought. Even then I wrote and I was up in flames about that. Hell if anyone was going to take credit for something I sweated over!

As I got older I considered the source and cooled down about it, and only hoped someone beat them over the head with it. Preferably with a very thick and heavy book!

queen
Good for you, it really pisses me off when people steal soemone elses creative work, it's tantamount to an admission of creative retardation. Then to pass of someone else's work as your own? That's just low.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:00 pm

As for my word selection, well all I can say is that I do tend toward the florid. I once had to explain to my freshman composition teacher that wont and behoove were actual words and that I hadn't simply mispelled 'want' and 'behave'. Yeesh.

Well, that sounds like the history (who also covered the smattering of geography we had in HS) who insisted there was no such place as Luxembourg. Lucky for her and me, she wasn't actually my history teacher; might have broken through the shyness several years earlier and told her off and found myself in the office! Laughing
"I wonder what they do teach them at these schools."

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:00 pm

I think we should actually feel sorry for her.....she seems to be out of her mind.....
If she really believes she wrote anything like that, she might have to see a special doctor.....you know one of those with the nice padded rooms......
Crazy girl.....
I'll write her a pm.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:24 pm

oho I think I made her angry.....
I wrote this to her new story:
Well...let's start with the good thing first...at least this time 'your story' is not copied word for word from someone else...I can be sure about that, because the grammar really sucks and spelling isn't exactly your forte either...
I guess because of that the storyline is rather lame so far...
I absolutely hate stories that have more mistakes than words and therefore I don't think that I could make myself read anything more from you.
her answer was this
excuse me i was just typing stuff up. dnt be coming on my damn thing talking ** i didnt knw about dat otha story so i would like it if u would stop bring dat up.
and this
i have u 2 knw dat wen i do do my stories i will most likely use shorthand so if dats wat ur referring 2 den deal with it
and now I am not sure if she even learned how to write in school.....seriously....how can you write like that Suspect

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:15 pm

ToZiKa wrote:oho I think I made her angry.....
I wrote this to her new story:
Well...let's start with the good thing first...at least this time 'your story' is not copied word for word from someone else...I can be sure about that, because the grammar really sucks and spelling isn't exactly your forte either...
I guess because of that the storyline is rather lame so far...
I absolutely hate stories that have more mistakes than words and therefore I don't think that I could make myself read anything more from you.
her answer was this
excuse me i was just typing stuff up. dnt be coming on my damn thing talking ** i didnt knw about dat otha story so i would like it if u would stop bring dat up.
and this
i have u 2 knw dat wen i do do my stories i will most likely use shorthand so if dats wat ur referring 2 den deal with it
and now I am not sure if she even learned how to write in school.....seriously....how can you write like that Suspect
That's what I mean by her reliance on texteze. Writing properly requires discipline and repitition. She's a texter, not a writer. A writer can fake texting, but a texter can't fake writing.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content