Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel sick...

4 posters

Go down

I feel sick... Empty I feel sick...

Post by 19ana89 Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:27 am

Not so much as a bug, but feelings... there is this guy I like, and I don't know if he likes me or not, but I have a feeling he doesn't... Probably because we don't know eachother that well. The only time I get to see him is when he's working, (He works at safeway). So it's rather hard to talk to him, and I can't ask him out, because, well, we don't know each other well enough for that. Any ideas on how I could possibly get to know him better? (I feel rather stupid for posting this on here, but no one I know personally either can't or won't help me). And yeah, it's probably something I have to figure out on my own, but any ideas I can "grow" on is what I need.
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

I feel sick... Empty Re: I feel sick...

Post by DBCrazy Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:57 am

Ana,

Not that I'm anyone you'd want to take advice from, but I don't have a problem offering it!

My first observation is that since you show the markers of being a Christian, praying about this would be part of the plan. Somehow I imagine that's already happening.

Here's an approach that seems suited to a soul that's a bit timid ...

Communication is a continuing cycle of Reach and Withdraw, Reach and Withdraw... So I would not make it a point of being sure to talk to him everytime you're in there, no matter how difficult this might be! Sometimes just be close enough to figure he sees you there, but don't approach. Another time meander up and chit-chat a bit. The fact that you withdraw at times allows him to reach, if he is so inclined. And who knows, if he enjoys your smile and your hello and he has a little gumption, he might walk up to you sometime when you show up on the periphery! This tack is demonstrated by the old saying "He can't chase you if he's running away from you all the time!"

Reach and Withdraw ... nobody likes a conversation when the other person does all the talking, and equally, nobody likes a conversation when the other person won't speak up!

There's nothing sure fire about any of this, but at the very least you'll get to know him. And as some time goes by your conversations can become more familiar.

Good luck (I'll say a prayer for you!)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:03 am

Thank you! Smile I'll try that
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.

Back to top Go down

Post by *Vodzu* Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:35 am

Ive got similar situation Very Happy Theres that shop asisstant who, at least it seems like, is flirting with me but cuz I dont know if thats just for fun or not I decided to play along and we will see what happens. I go to that shop very often as its on my way from work and every time shes there we talk a bit and joke and its nice. But theres no need to rush things, what will be will be Wink Just play it cool, cuz if you get too aggressive you will scare him and that you would not want for sure Wink

Last edited by *Vodzu* on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
*Vodzu*
*Vodzu*
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 408
Say What You Want : Denial ain`t just a river in Egypt
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:52 am

YAY for Pete offering advice! that was very nice!

And I agree with what DBC said. Establishing conversation and getting to know the other person is step one AND the most important to reach any kind of relationship.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:11 am

Thanks for the advice guys! ;D
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down