Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tv Tempe versus Book Tempe-Who Do you like better? (Poll posted by willgirl, 08/04/2008)

5 posters

Go down

Tv Tempe versus Book Tempe-Who Do you like better? (Poll posted by willgirl, 08/04/2008) Empty Tv Tempe versus Book Tempe-Who Do you like better? (Poll posted by willgirl, 08/04/2008)

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:43 am

Poll: This seems like a rather obvious poll, but hey! I'm curious. What are your thoughts on Tv Tempe versus Book Tempe.

Results:
Who do you like better?
88% [15] TV Tempe
12% [2] Book Tempe
Voters number: 17

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Tv Tempe versus Book Tempe-Who Do you like better? (Poll posted by willgirl, 08/04/2008) Empty Various replies

Post by space Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:50 am

riviera41797, Posted 08/04/2008 08:13:31:
I like TV Tempe....maybe because she is more "visual", but more because she is so much more entertaining....

"I don't know what that means...."

etc..

ToZiKa, Posted 09/04/2008 02:33:15:
I like them both....
why can't I vote for that?

Meegs82, Posted 09/04/2008 18:07:40:
I like them both, too. I voted for TV Tempe for many of the same reasons that Riv said. She's more tangible and Emily is simply fantastic, so it's hard to set my bias aside. They are so incredibly different. I think it would be cool if they made one of Kathy's books into a movie and cast someone entirely different (obviously, since Emily isn't 40something). Then, we could really see who we liked better.

Meegs82, Posted 09/04/2008 18:08:33:
Actually, now that I think about it, that probably wouldn't solve much. A movie Tempe would probably make it harder to decide.

Rike, Posted 14/04/2008 02:39:51:
It`s hard to decide because they are so different. But if I have to choos I would choose Book Tempe and only because I read the books earlier, I think.

willgirl, Posted 14/04/2008 05:17:12:
Well, I'm Tv Tempe all the way, but only because I haven't read the books.

And I wanted to say, welcome to Rike!

Sarah9488, Posted 15/04/2008 08:17:38:
I read the books before, but I like TV Tempe more. At first I had some problems with the book one because I couldn't identify with her. When I read the first book I was 16 and I think it was hard with the age. Moreover, she seemed arrogant and... I don't know... I stopped reading at first, but the case was interesting so I started again. Then I liked her better and better... but still.
'Bones' is just so much like me. I can identify with what she does and who she is to a huge extent. But somehow it is easier now to be satisfied with who I am. A few years ago I was ashamed of my intelligence, but I am more proud of it now. It sounds pathetic, but she's some kind of role-model to me for coping with things. Haha

wickedxxlovely, Posted 15/04/2008 08:52:16:
I voted for TV Tempe. I checked out the books in B&N but they didn't interest me that much. Probably because I saw the show first.

Hi Sarah... I liked your point about how Tempe is sort of a role-model. I think the same thing.

Sarah9488, Posted 15/04/2008 08:55:47:
Good I'm not the only one who's a little obsessed here. But the novels are really good. You should try them.

Temperance Rose, Posted 15/05/2008 10:29:04:
I watched the TV show first and then read the books and was so confused because I thought it was TV Tempe at first...took a bit of going ack and reading till I got it. I feel the same way as Sarah, I'm actually only 14 so relating to book Tempe is really hard when TV Tempe (can i just say I don't like the name Tempe...i find it patronising, Temperance or Brennan I like, especially Bren) I find belivable and more enjoyable to watch. Even the novel with Booth and Brennan I liked.

Sarah9488, Posted 20/05/2008 13:05:03:
I don't like it that much either... Especially when it's pronounced like Tempy... I always thought it was Tempe with the second e pronounced like the first one. I like the sound of that better... (but I guess that's the German part of me)

space
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1571

Back to top Go down

Tv Tempe versus Book Tempe-Who Do you like better? (Poll posted by willgirl, 08/04/2008) Empty Re: Tv Tempe versus Book Tempe-Who Do you like better? (Poll posted by willgirl, 08/04/2008)

Post by phoebsfan Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:40 pm

I voted for tv but never said why. So I'll just say so now in my effort to ditch angela...

I never could get into the books actually. I found the tv show first then thought I'd read the books and despite how prepared I was for the differences... I never much liked the books. Maybe I'll try again someday but for now... tv is better... I never thought I'd say that.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4792
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Tv Tempe versus Book Tempe-Who Do you like better? (Poll posted by willgirl, 08/04/2008) Empty Re: Tv Tempe versus Book Tempe-Who Do you like better? (Poll posted by willgirl, 08/04/2008)

Post by Cassiopeia Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:16 am

I kinda like Book-Tempe more. She is more adult and more reasonable to me. Bones is made so proffessional in TV-series. That she is like high geinus and she has problems with communicating people. But Tempe in the book is like Booth and Bren together Smile If you know what i mean. Smile
I feel like Book Tempe is mor Kathy than Bones. Because Tempe is older and wiser in my opinion.
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:58 am

well i have just started reading the books............and i must say..............i like book tempe.......she is very well rounded.............i love her dry sarcastic humor.............very funny............she has a lot of one liners...........and i understand the comment that book tempe is like booth and brennan combined......anyway........thats my vote........book tempe.........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Well... I'm half way through Deja Dead and I'm loving it, but I still love TV Tempe more. Smile
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down