Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABC Drabbles- Rated K-T

+2
DBCrazy
Fluffernutter
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ABC Drabbles- Rated K-T - Page 3 Empty Re: ABC Drabbles- Rated K-T

Post by Fluffernutter Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:01 am

Quest

There were steps to becoming a knight: page first, then squire. You had to go through trials and challenges and take it step by step to be able finally earn your spurs. There were hoops to be jumped through before you could get to questing and dragon slaying and princess rescuing.

Sometimes Seeley Booth felt that he had to go through similar steps to rescue his own princess from her tower. The pace was slow, but Booth was patient. One day soon, he knew, he would be able to climb across the drawbridge to rescue the princess who waited within.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:10 am

Rappel

Jack Hodgins's deepest secret was not his money but rather his fear of heights. That was why he stuttered when Angela suggested that they go rappelling. He had worked damn hard to get her to go out with him; he wasn't giving up because he didn't want to bounce off cliffs supported by strings.

He almost changed his mind as they stood at the top of the huge, rocky cliff. But then Angela looked at him so gleefully that he took the plunge anyway. And about halfway down she kissed him and suddenly the height didn't seem so scary anymore.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:04 pm

A/N: Posted a second one for today cause I felt bad that I was gone for 4 days. Enjoy!

Syringe

“Tempe, just take it!”

“No!” She stamped her foot.

“One more, sweetheart,” Max wheedled, holding out the medicine. “It's pink, your favorite.”

Tempe scowled and grabbed the syringe. “There! But I don't feel better.”

Max chuckled. “Wait a little bit. Do you want to read a story?”

“Yes, please.” She snuggled into her bed while Max got down the well-worn copy of The Secret Garden.

By chapter three, she was drifting off. As he turned off the lamp and tiptoed from the room, she grabbed his hand.

“Thanks for staying home with me, Daddy.”

“Feel better, pumpkin. I love you.”
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Q-R-S :: Fluff, I think you might need to take some time off the next time you feel the angst closing in on you. These three were definitely fluffy! I especially liked thinking about Sir Booth, but Tempe and Max brought back a nice memory - my papa called me punkin too!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:28 am

DBCrazy wrote:Q-R-S :: Fluff, I think you might need to take some time off the next time you feel the angst closing in on you. These three were definitely fluffy! I especially liked thinking about Sir Booth, but Tempe and Max brought back a nice memory - my papa called me punkin too!
The weird thing is that I think I wrote these at the same time. You'd think they switch with my moods, but I write during one specific class each day, so it's the prompt, not the mood that decides between angst and fluff. The next one is kind of weird. I can't quite figure out what it is...I suppose it's uncategorizable.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:28 am

Tutti-Frutti

Booth felt he had some authority in regards to hospital pudding because he'd sampled it everywhere. His favorite was rice, which was fortunate because most people preferred vanilla. Tutti-frutti wasn't popular, possibly because it tasted like medicine.

His first hospital visit was at age six. He had broken his arm sliding into second base. The second time, his dad had gotten angry and suddenly his nose was broken. After that, hospital visits were an annual occurrence. And through the years, Booth hadn't learned to avoid getting hurt, but that he could fit four puddings into his pockets if he stuffed.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:19 am

LOL! Leave it up to Booth to learn the important stuff!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:25 am

A/N: I am so so sorry that I've been neglectful of you guys. 5 minutes before candle lighting on Tuesday I posted the remaining chapters on fanfiction, but I didn't get a chance to get them here for you guys. I deeply apologize. And here they are:
Unconscious

Being shot is strangely peaceful. After a few moments, he separates from his body and the pain disappears. It reminds Booth of swimming in the ocean: support beneath his back that seems both there and not, rushing in his ears, and blue everywhere. What is that blue?. As it compresses into Bones' eyes, he comes back into his body with a rush of sensation: the hand in his, sirens, people shouting. Bones is saying something and he wants to listen, but it hurts too much and he drowns in the ocean supporting him, fighting against the peace all the way.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:25 am

Virus

Booth could feel Brennan's anger as he came in, but he ignored it.

“Morning, Bones.”

She nodded crisply.

“You're looking beautiful.”

“Not especially.”

“We've got a case.”

She just moved to get her things. Booth glanced around, waiting and noticed something.

“Your computer's off? I don't think I've ever...”

She slammed a folder. “I can't believe you!”

“Huh?”

“That email you sent infected my computer. It won't turn on.”

“I didn't-”

“Let's just work. Forget my computer problems.”

Angela poked her head in. “Oh, you too? Seems like it infected the whole Jeffersonian network.”

“Say it with me: 'sorry, Booth'.”
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:26 am

Wander

The medic pronounces Parker dead right away. Late that night Booth leaves the camp. He was told to stay on base, but his feet walk him around the sentries and away.

He is intimate with death, but Parker's is different. He had youthlight and lovelight in his eyes and Booth can't forget it.

He knows he should be doing paperwork, the goddamn paperwork that will tell how Edward Parker left the earth. He knows he should go back to his bed, but he can't because Teddy will never go to bed. He keeps walking because Teddy will never go home.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:26 am

Xenophobia

Ten years as Jeffersonian security had taught Ted some things. That scientists did crazy experiments, that Dr. Brennan had a troubled past, that Dr. Hodgins flirted with everyone. He also knew that the platform was sacred. When someone left the lab, their badge was practically snatched away from them. Everyone had to sign contracts swearing not to copy a badge. So when Agent Booth stormed onto the platform, Ted thought that Dr. Brennan would dismember him herself. But instead she asked for a badge for Booth, and Ted started to think that maybe the Jeffersonian Wall was coming down.

A/N: Takes place during early S1.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:27 am

Yenta

The weirdest moment of Booth's day was not the plotting wives or the fact that the case was cracked by a tooth. The strangest thing was that Angela had heard about him and Rebecca last of anyone (Zack didn't count). After Bones had gotten gossipy- and it was gossip; he didn't buy that subject of mutual interest thing for a second- he had thought Angela would be the first to know.

He stopped in the doorway of Cam's office and already knew what he was going to do. He would just have to make sure that Bones didn't find out.

A/N: Yenta is Yiddish for a gossipy person.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:27 am

Zest

Rain used to call for hot soup. Now it meant Bones's spaghetti with cream and lemon zest. Usually when the sky looked threatening, she would invite him over. But today, as rain poured down, pasta hadn't been mentioned once. Which was why Booth was currently in his car trying to think up a good excuse to go up to Bones's apartment and have a steaming plate of his now-favorite food.

“Forget it.” He stormed upstairs and knocked. The door opened immediately.

“Just in the neighborhood?”

He looked sheepish.

“Come in, Booth,” she said simply and opened the door wider.

A/N: And that's a wrap! This has been so much fun for me; probably my best all around fanfic experience. Huge thank yous to ALL my reviewers and to my Bean, beta of the world. I seriously want to do this again. That means suggestions. So my challenge to you guys is to give me a new challenge for drabbles. Either you could suggest more alphabet prompts or a completely new system.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:54 am

U-V-W-X-Y-Z:
In Unconscious I didn't get the blue at first, and when I did it felt like a rush! That was really cool!!

In Xenophobia I really liked Ted's POV. Makes me want to take the DVDs down and start over with Season 1!

And with Zest it was sweet to see Booth becoming addicted to Brennan, but only being able to hold the rainy-day food responsible. He is so totally wasted on that woman!!

Fluff, that was my best fun with the alphabet since I learned to sing the song. Thanks! And trying to think of another system, maybe days of the week, or months or holidays in the year.

I wondered why you weren't updating, but now I see. I hope you had a Happy Passover!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:54 am

PS - I love your Disco Angel!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:00 pm

DBCrazy wrote:U-V-W-X-Y-Z:
In Unconscious I didn't get the blue at first, and when I did it felt like a rush! That was really cool!!

In Xenophobia I really liked Ted's POV. Makes me want to take the DVDs down and start over with Season 1!

And with Zest it was sweet to see Booth becoming addicted to Brennan, but only being able to hold the rainy-day food responsible. He is so totally wasted on that woman!!

Fluff, that was my best fun with the alphabet since I learned to sing the song. Thanks! And trying to think of another system, maybe days of the week, or months or holidays in the year.

I wondered why you weren't updating, but now I see. I hope you had a Happy Passover!!
You are truly an awesome person! Thank you so so much for all your reviews, support, etc. I loved writing these and I think I'm going to start on another series soon. My Passover was as great as a holiday can be with family annoying you 24/7, no bread, missing 3 Bones in 2 weeks and not being able to go on the internet for days. But seriously it was good. Sorry again for not updating.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:11 pm

Thank you.

When I was writing that last review there was something else that I wanted to say but then it just disappeared. Now I read your reply and it's back. David's comment about Emily that you keep in your "Say What You Want", I read that again after "Unconcious" and Whoa! it was a really cool! More layers!!

Where did you get that quote anyway? Do you remember?

And one more thing - yesterday I was grocery shopping, and getting puddings and yogurts for a wisdom-tooth-extracted teenager. I looked up and saw rice pudding! I just had to get one - and it was good!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:55 am

DBCrazy wrote:Thank you.

When I was writing that last review there was something else that I wanted to say but then it just disappeared. Now I read your reply and it's back. David's comment about Emily that you keep in your "Say What You Want", I read that again after "Unconcious" and Whoa! it was a really cool! More layers!!

Where did you get that quote anyway? Do you remember?

And one more thing - yesterday I was grocery shopping, and getting puddings and yogurts for a wisdom-tooth-extracted teenager. I looked up and saw rice pudding! I just had to get one - and it was good!!
Wow, I didn't even notice that! I've found that quote in a few places, but there's no source that I can find when I've looked around.

LOL about the rice pudding. Here's the funny thing...I tried rice pudding once and didn't like it. I just wanted to give Booth a quirk. Usually I project my feelings about things onto Booth, but not in this case. Hope your teenager feels better.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:59 am

DBCrazy wrote:PS - I love your Disco Angel!
PS- Thanks! I grabbed it from Ducks, B/A and icon goddess.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3